Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Wars of Succession >> Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 2:23:01 PM   
Daniele

First half of XVIII° century. There’s no peace over Europe.

After the great struggles of the Thirty Years War ending in 1648 with the Cuius Regio Eius Religio principle, two major conflicts are about to turn to pieces the Old Continent.

On one hand, the French & Spanish Bourbons monarchs are gathering their forces against the Grand Alliance built by Austrian Habsburg, Britain and the United Provinces, fighting to inherit the leadership of the Spanish Empire.

On the other corner of Europe, a coalition of Danes, Saxons, Poles and Russians led by the famous Peter I The Great is trying to deal a mortal blow to the Kingdom of Sweden and to switch the balance of power in this region. But the young and military-gifted king Charles the XII of Sweden will fight with tooth and nails to defend its realm.

We are very proud to announce that Wars of Succession, the upcoming wargame by Ageod, has reached the final development stage and it will be released on January, 25th!

Heavily focused in managing the military operations, in Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed.

Together, these features, combined with the proven Ageod engine make Wars of Successions a great choice to delight players interested in this era!

Stay tuned for further announcements about Wars of Succession! Check its product page here to see the latest updates and features!

< Message edited by Daniele -- 1/11/2018 2:28:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 2:35:44 PM   
Lancier

Congrats & thanks...looking great!

On steam as well at the same time?

< Message edited by Lancier -- 1/11/2018 2:44:22 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 3:03:28 PM   
zakblood

no mention on steam as yet, just checked steam also to make sure, no name known, so for a guess, no not at first, maybe hopefully at a later date,...

(in reply to Lancier)
Post #: 3
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 3:13:20 PM   
Daniele

Hi all!

I'm afraid there aren't plans for a steam release in the near future.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 10:11:38 PM   
ccxvii

I spot several spelling mistakes in these screenshots. I hope you plan to go over the names before release. I'd be happy to help out on the Norwegian/Danish/Swedish names.

On the city names on the map I assume you only support ASCII characters (so no å, ä, ö, ø, etc)? If you do support Latin-1 that would be great. Some of these characters have been transliterated to ae/oe (like Helsingør, Hässleholm and Knäred) but others have not (like København, Torsås, Rønne, and Malmö).

Skäne should be Skåne.
Karlsham should be Karlshamn.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 5
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/13/2018 9:10:00 AM   
HeinzHarald

quote:

ORIGINAL: ccxvii

I spot several spelling mistakes in these screenshots. I hope you plan to go over the names before release. I'd be happy to help out on the Norwegian/Danish/Swedish names.

On the city names on the map I assume you only support ASCII characters (so no å, ä, ö, ø, etc)? If you do support Latin-1 that would be great. Some of these characters have been transliterated to ae/oe (like Helsingør, Hässleholm and Knäred) but others have not (like København, Torsås, Rønne, and Malmö).

Skäne should be Skåne.
Karlsham should be Karlshamn.

+1

I can live with not having the full set of characters for the towns, but "Skäne" plastered over the map like that bugs me quite a bit as someone who's from there. Ä and Å sound quite different from each other.

(in reply to ccxvii)
Post #: 6
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/13/2018 1:09:18 PM   
Lancier

No problem, we will get it on ageod or matrix. Thanks...
quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Hi all!

I'm afraid there aren't plans for a steam release in the near future.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 7
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/14/2018 6:15:44 AM   
TWC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

We are very proud to announce that Wars of Succession, the upcoming wargame by Ageod, has reached the final development stage and it will be released on January, 25th!

Thank you Daniele and AGEod!
✯ Wars of Succession ✯ is one of our club's games, no need to mention maybe ^^ but still...

< Message edited by TWC -- 1/14/2018 6:16:26 AM >

(TWC) The Wargaming Club
https://thewargamingclub.online/

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 8
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/18/2018 1:07:34 AM   
Verdun1916_slith

Hi guys!

I've been a loyal Matrix customer for many years and as a born and raised Swede I really looked forward to the release of
Wars of Succession. But as soon as I saw the first screenshot, the very top one here I was VERY disapointed!!!

As ccxvii has already pointed out your spelling is all over the place! The Southern most province of Sweden that we see in this screenshot
is Skåne (Scania in Latin), not Skäne! Å and Ä (å and ä) are NOT the same letters! They represents completely diffrent sounds in the Swedish language and
can't be confused in anyway!

The second error, and to me the far worst one, is the little town you have placed just above the e in Skåne. Thats the town ere i was born, raised and still live! It's called Hässleholm. I've lived in this town for my entire Life. And now I work at Hässleholms Museum were I perserve the military history of Hässleholm. But there is the a major issue here concerning wit my town and your game. The problem is that Hässleholm DID NOT EXIST in the 17th and 18th century!!!!! Frankly, there were no town at all at that location back then!!!!
The only communities in this area were four small villages that still exist today and surrounds modern day Hässleholm: Stoby to the North, Röke to the East and Finja to the West and Brönnestad to the South on the other side of the Finja lake. Between Brönnestad and the lake lay Hovdala castle, a popular Tourist attraction today, and to the North of the lake was Mölleröds Kungsgård, a small castle burnt down by the retreating Danish army in 1678 during the Scanian War, it's ruins still there to be visited by anyone with an interest in the local history of this area. Just to the North-West of Röke village lay Galgbacken (the Gallows Hill), the place of execution in the 16th through to the 19th century. A hill I pass every day I go to and from work. Today it's a prominant wooded hill crowned by the local water tower and to it's South-western side many of the old stone gravemarkers o the executed can still be seen.
So, what I'm getting at here is that Hässleholm should not be on this map or in this game!!!!!!! Because it did not exist!!!!!!! The area were Hässleholm lays today were just a mixture of forrest along with a few small farms with some small fields surrounding them. Hässleholm did not come into existans until 1860 when the railroad arrived and a stationhouse was built, namned after an estate called Hässleholmsgården, belonging to Stoby parish. As a sidenote, this was the same estate were the famous German General Erich Ludendorff arrived in november 1918 and stayed until 1919 when it was safe for him to return to Germany. it was here he wrote his memoirs about the First World War. I live a couple of hundred meters from the estate in question. Thanks to the arrival of the railroad a small village started to grow around this newly built railway station recieving the name Hässleholm after the name of the estate and station house. Thanks to the Railway the 4th Supply Regiment (T4) of the Royal Swedish Army was relocated from Landskrona to Hässleholm in 1907 and it was thanks to the arrival of T4 that this young village actually started to grow rapidly and in 1914 it finally became a town.

So with all that said! Please correct the spelling of my beloved home province, and please remove the my beloved hometown Hässleholm from the map since it did not exist during the timeframe of this game! Or atlest change the name to either Hovdala Castle or Stoby village!

Cheers/Max Johansson, born and raised in Hässleholm, Skåne, Sweden!

< Message edited by Verdun1916 -- 1/18/2018 11:45:02 PM >

(in reply to TWC)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Wars of Succession >> Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI