Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 7:42:03 AM   
LLv34Mika

I'm a bit surprised about how late Barbarossa is starting. This won't leave enough time for a fast approach towards the objectives. Again I can only hope for much rain, mud and snow.

I wonder if our losses are high or low compared to other games. Does anyone know a graph that shows a similar timestamp?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 91
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 8:21:45 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

I'm a bit surprised about how late Barbarossa is starting. This won't leave enough time for a fast approach towards the objectives. Again I can only hope for much rain, mud and snow.

I wonder if our losses are high or low compared to other games. Does anyone know a graph that shows a similar timestamp?

Something I learned in my HB game. No point in waking up the bear until almost fully mobilized...

I know you announced you would make a stand in Iraq but I wonder how much land unit you will have left to do so.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/28/2018 8:36:43 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 92
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 8:44:10 AM   
room

I guess between the ongoing NA/irak campaign and the slightly delayed French pillage, there is a need to wait for those french acquired unit to arrived and be placed where needed.

Regarding Mpps losses, if I recall correctly (last turn was a few days ago), losses here are slighltly higher on both sides but more so for the german. However I went very (too much) cautiously and an historical route and had a smaller income too than KZ has.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 93
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 8:56:24 AM   
LLv34Mika

Finally Barbarossa has started... it is September 1941
only one month (maybe 3 or 4 turns) left to make progress. That should help!

USSR ships leaving the ports since they are attacked by German u-boats. A heavily damaged battleship runs into a destroyer doing some damage. The soviet u-boat escapes to the next port attacking the Bismarck and doing 2 damage. Better than nothing.

The biggest surprise was that KZ did not kill everything the Soviets deployed. One fighter and one medium bomber survived. I also secured the railway back and could operate a few land units to let them fight later. I call it a big success for me.

Persia surrendered to the USSR so additional goods may be delivered in the near future. Meanwhile UK troops are on their way to secure Iraq. Sure, you destroyed some units. But you also lost many units and now I will have time to build them again. I hope you send some more to North Africa to be sure. That means less units for Stalin. I already see a new tank here. That's what I wanted to achieve.

I already have something like a plan. You can be sure to see what is going on next year.

Btw... I noticed the V1 was already re-designed. Your new V2 looks great. Maybe I should start to bomb Peenemünde.

I have to add that I was on holiday this and last week. Have to work again soon so that might decrease the number of turns. But I promise to keep the number as high as possible.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to room)
Post #: 94
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 9:05:54 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Finally Barbarossa has started... it is September 1941
only one month (maybe 3 or 4 turns) left to make progress. That should help!

USSR ships leaving the ports since they are attacked by German u-boats. A heavily damaged battleship runs into a destroyer doing some damage. The soviet u-boat escapes to the next port attacking the Bismarck and doing 2 damage. Better than nothing.

The biggest surprise was that KZ did not kill everything the Soviets deployed. One fighter and one medium bomber survived. I also secured the railway back and could operate a few land units to let them fight later. I call it a big success for me.

Persia surrendered to the USSR so additional goods may be delivered in the near future. Meanwhile UK troops are on their way to secure Iraq. Sure, you destroyed some units. But you also lost many units and now I will have time to build them again. I hope you send some more to North Africa to be sure. That means less units for Stalin. I already see a new tank here. That's what I wanted to achieve.

I already have something like a plan. You can be sure to see what is going on next year.

Btw... I noticed the V1 was already re-designed. Your new V2 looks great. Maybe I should start to bomb Peenemünde.

I have to add that I was on holiday this and last week. Have to work again soon so that might decrease the number of turns. But I promise to keep the number as high as possible.

Hey no posting unless you already sent in your turn, you tease!

Russian survivors shouldn't have been a surprise though with almost the entirety of Luftwaffe in Egypt.

Finding Rocket are slow as molass and, like HQ, can't force march. Operating them cost a ton too. I'll wait until I have a city to siege...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/28/2018 9:09:11 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 95
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 2:42:54 PM   
LLv34Mika

now that is strange and now I understand what you meant.

I made my turn as usual and thought it is your turn now. Now I checked the game again and it said it is my turn. Then I saw the same review (your declaration of war against Russia, your moves towards Cairo,...) again. Sometimes with bugs too. Like void hexes doing some attacks and things like that.

Then I got intelligence reports... not the same as in the turn before. one Italien battleship was spotted near Rome. I would remember such a big ship. I also got different battle results in my turn now. I tried to do everything the same way. In my first turn my sub made 2 damage to the Bismarck (see above).

The worst thing about that... my first turn was a bit better. But let's see how that evolves. I just hope it is no bug that will have any effect on our game.

I hope now it is really your turn again. If not I should report it to the tech support forum.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 96
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 3:02:17 PM   
room

No you probably lost your conection a bit before you ended your turn. It happenned to me too.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 97
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 6:27:16 PM   
LLv34Mika

That's rather strange. I'm quiet sure that the server checks if the upload is complete. And it does not mean that I have to make my turn again. It just means that I have to upload my turn again. The other thing is that I did not notice any connection problems today.

Last but not least it should be mentioned that it could affect a game. If that happens in critical situations it could be a game changer. Just imagine an HQ in transport ships running into a sub. You do the turn again but this time you know where you have to be careful.

I think that is no connection problem. Maybe something with the server.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 98
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 7:45:06 PM   
room

Well that was just my 2 cents, of course I don't know for sure what happenned

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 99
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/28/2018 9:07:53 PM   
KorutZelva

LLv34Mika has outed himself as savescumming cheater!!!!

(j/k)

(in reply to room)
Post #: 100
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 3:12:17 AM   
IrishGuards

This has happened to me many times, in each game I told the guy I was
playing when the turn began again, and the matrix guys
the huge issue is, if you went in the 1st turn, especially in naval
battles, and spotting .. it can destroy the opponent
now that you know where the vulnerable units are ...
when u replay the turn I would expect massive damage to ....
said opponent .. !!
IG

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 101
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 9:57:51 AM   
KorutZelva

1941/10/26

Egypt conquered last turn (by Italy)
Kiev and Riga this turn
Axis Diplohit on Sweden

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 102
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 10:44:56 AM   
room

I've tried the Sweden move in my current game vs PIL but failed at 81% when USA joined

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 103
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 10:56:44 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

I've tried the Sweden move in my current game vs PIL but failed at 81% when USA joined

I'm not far away along the track to hope for them to actually join. It's just to stretch the period when they send convoy before they stop. (which is hopefully about the time Long Range is far enough to 'paradrop insta conquer' )

(in reply to room)
Post #: 104
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 11:12:20 AM   
KorutZelva

This game was a test for Rocket but I think I was side-tracked by the whole 'All of France' business and didn't give them proper attention.

Some other time I'll do a proper 'rocket strat'. It would look something like this:

-Double chit ASAP
-Build 2 Rockets so that they show up about the time Italy joins
-Operate to Sicily and start bombing Malta
-Eventually kill the AA in Malta by air but don't occupy Malta (the supply effect requires a unit to be there anyway)
-Keep hammering the ports and city with Rocket to increase Exp to 3-pip
-Profit

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 105
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 2:11:10 PM   
Sugar

What happens, if Algeria is conquered and the required 60% leaning are not yet met? Does this mean the chance to invite Spain is gone, or will the event fire as soon as the leaning is met?

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 106
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 2:46:53 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

What happens, if Algeria is conquered and the required 60% leaning are not yet met? Does this mean the chance to invite Spain is gone, or will the event fire as soon as the leaning is met?

The later. The same way you have to clear the units around the prescribed cities before the DE triggers. It's just a different type of hurdle.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 107
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/29/2018 3:04:23 PM   
Sugar

Many thx!

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 108
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 7:17:13 AM   
LLv34Mika

British units sieging Iraqi parlament... they still refuse to surrender. If they won't surrender they will be carried out of the building. Feet first.

Mud and rain are slowing down the German advance. Japan already signed a truce with Russia so the Sibirian troops are expected to arrive in the next few monthts. Plan for UK/USA is pretty clear. Plan for Soviets too since the last two turns.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 109
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 8:41:28 AM   
KorutZelva

Nov 17th, 1941

Iraqi relief is on the way...

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 110
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 9:00:25 AM   
LLv34Mika

Iraqi relief arrives too late. Iraq surrendered, British forces are setting up a defensive line.
USA prepares for war and the winter is coming.

At the Moment I have to admit that I'm quiet happy. Especially because your bombers seem to take damage in almost every attack.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 111
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 9:26:34 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Iraqi relief arrives too late. Iraq surrendered, British forces are setting up a defensive line.
USA prepares for war and the winter is coming.

At the Moment I have to admit that I'm quiet happy. Especially because your bombers seem to take damage in almost every attack.

Bombers have to shoulder the burden until the artillery are built to take care of the de-entrenchment.

Lv 3 Rockets take away do about 2 Resource damage per hit. That mean you cant quite surprise a unit in a supply 10 city by severing rail unless you cut rail line with land unit beforehand. A that juncture, a railgun would do a better job since it's more mobile. Rockets don't have the mobility to stray far from the rail themselves anyway. (Bonus points for looking cool on the map)

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/30/2018 9:46:53 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 112
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 5:18:22 PM   
Uncle Lumpy

Could you please post screen shot of them?

I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 113
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 7:33:01 PM   
LLv34Mika

I'm a bit surprised so far...

The Red Army reached infantry level 2 in fall 1941 and all units close to the front without enemy units in adjacent HEXes are upgraded. And to my big surprise they really do some more damage even tough the German forces have better HQs, sometimes even more experience and better units.

The USA just joined the war and started to send goods to Stalin via Persia. With the USAF joining the RAF that might really shift the air superiority towards the allies in the near and middle east.

It also means that US and UK income is increasing significantly! I can't remember exactly but I think I'm already outproducing the Axis and it is just December 1941!

von Ribbentrop started several trips to Sweden. I'm not really sure why. It is still a long shot but I have to counter it sometime. I don't need another country fighting against me.

Now I'm waiting for the Sibirians and then I have to see what KZ is planning for spring/summer 1942.
All three objectives are still under my control. And KZ is not even close to one of the cities. Especially Stalingrad is very far away.

As said before... I don't trust my comfortable situation. There is something going on. But what goes around comes around and so I will do my very best to surprise him.

Btw... please kill that US destroyer. It was a misclick. I had that ship going through the loop several times to avoid the US Isolationists delaying the US entry into the war (or is this bug already fixed???). If they are so stupid to move north where they meet Italian ships within range of German bombers they deserve to end as POWs.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 114
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 8:15:49 PM   
KorutZelva

Rockets!

Last turn of 1941 (Pre-Siberian)

Trans-jordan falls, gibraltar evacuated by the canadian corp.

Soviet winter strike. Glad its out of the way... I have plenty of troops were waiting outside of Russia for it to happen.

I've spared your americans. ;-)

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/30/2018 8:23:45 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 115
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 8:48:33 PM   
KorutZelva

Feb 1942

Franco declare war on Portugal. Finland about to join...

Russian frontlines...
Tons of fortification in the south...

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 116
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 9:02:59 PM   
LLv34Mika

Diplomatic success is coming...

And Bomber Harris is calling for the cavalry again.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 117
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 9:22:51 PM   
KorutZelva

Portugal conquered, big Soviet build-up in front of Finland...

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 118
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 9:47:00 PM   
LLv34Mika

April 1942

Mannerheim and his Army are retreating. Finnland will collapse without help from Germany. That might distract some forces that were planned to fight somewhere in Russia.

As it seems the "Heeresgruppe Mitte" (central army) is the strongest so far. I guess he is going for Moscow and can then turn north and/or south. The plan might be to go around my fortifications. A longer road means more time. I like that.

USA/UK/USSR are producing around 1650MPPs/turn, numbers still going up.

The army count for Germany looks impressive but there are tons of garrisons, some rocket artillery, rockets, corps and even cavalry! I am very surprised to see cavalry.

Sweden promised to stay out of the war. Maybe they will even stop delivering goods to Germany. And Greece knows they will be next if they don't join the Allies. To be honest, that was just a "fun chit" but it was a hit. Now Greece is at 85% and it might be a little distraction too.

Helping Finnland, maybe Greece, UK still in Iraq, no big progress in Russia so far. Many things to do and to plan at Obersalzberg/Wolfsschanze.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 119
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/30/2018 10:26:03 PM   
KorutZelva

Got to salute LLv34Mika indomitable spirit of which has never been seen since Baghdad Bob!

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/1/2018 12:45:48 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI