Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:53:55 AM   
crispy131313

August 1941

Just as Spain occupied Lisbon, Portugal the Allied task force temporarily knocked out rail lines near Bordeaux, disrupting Axis supply but also forcing an engagement with the Luftwaffe and combined German/Italian/Spanish fleets. Weather turned for the worst at sea when the Allies had the initiative and the British were not able to inflict equal damage in return.

The British have taken back Iraq, a small victory but they maintain a presence in the Middle East for the time being. The real fight continues near Manchester, British losses have been staggering as every available man is sent to the battlefield.

On the Eastern Front the Soviets are ready for war with the Axis as USSR reaches 99%. The German invasion is upon us, the British are no longer fighting all of Europe alone!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 61
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:55:06 AM   
crispy131313

Pre-Barbarossa losses for each side. The British are bloodied but we will never surrender!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 62
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:57:18 AM   
crispy131313

Here we see the strength of each nation, on the eve of Barbarossa. Axis income is high (you can see the effect of the severing of rail lines into Spain) and many nations have fallen in with the Axis, providing their navies and manpower to the Axis war machine.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 2:24:16 AM   
KorutZelva

Barbarossa's opening netted a pitiful haul. The USSR unleashed their secret weapon, mech divisions. Tons of them shielding his barbarossa troops. These sturdy little bugger where giving me 1:1 odds vs tech 2 inf armies. He managed to save most of his troops (except in the Siaulai area).

At sea, weather cooperated with me (what else is new) and we managed to sink more UK ships fleeing the area (namely 3 destroyers).

Liverpool falls. Manchester is the next objective...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/26/2018 2:25:08 AM >

Post #: 64
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 2:58:37 AM   
crispy131313

August 1941

The Soviets swell to 70 ground units, I think only 1 Axis Tank Corps and no Mechanized Corps were spotted on the Eastern Front, the Luftwaffe absent as well. With the full summer afforded to them, the Soviets had dug in hard at their borders in anticipation of a late summer attack.

Near Spain, the Allies again are gifted stormy weather at sea and are given another licking that can not be matched.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 65
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 3:34:54 AM   
KorutZelva

I can brush aside englishman units like they are nothing (corps often go down in two hits). In a reverse Ivan Drago-Rocky, the ruskies are made of Iron. I just can't dent them. Acursed Hungarian/Romanian, a (HQ-less) single division shouldn't be able to hold an army group (w HQs)!!!

Not used on how weak compared to base game the air units are. Maybe I didn't need to max these expensive toys right away.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/26/2018 3:36:06 AM >

Post #: 66
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 4:17:05 AM   
crispy131313

Facing no Tanks, artillery, or Stukas the Soviets fearlessly march to meet the Axis invaders and pierce enemy lines. Charge!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 67
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 12:41:05 PM   
KorutZelva

Sealion seems like a bit of a Pyrrhic victory for me now doesn't it?

The silver lining is that maybe that far from their supplies these mechanized monster will be finally killable.

Post #: 68
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:23:28 PM   
crispy131313

If it makes you feel any better, my last opponent was still fighting in Northern England as the Soviets captured Berlin.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 69
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:37:56 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

If it makes you feel any better, my last opponent was still fighting in Northern England as the Soviets captured Berlin.

I see why the victory condition are what they are. The Brits and the USSR have lots of hardware to play with. Germany doesn't have enough mpp to conduct large scale operation between France and Barbarossa if it wants to produce enough unit to do a proper invasion of Russia.

Hopefully once my elite Tank corps are freed up from the UK campaign can send back the Russians all the way to Moscow.

In the south, I can't free up my DAK forces just yet. Despite the propaganda crispy man is feeding you, he didn't send his egypt troops to the UK but Irak. I have oil workers in my pay that reported all transport traffic into Basra...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/26/2018 1:38:45 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 2:08:46 AM   
crispy131313

September 23, 1941

The Fuhrer will be angry tonight, upon hearing news that Erich von Manstein has been lost at sea and his expeditionary force engaged by the Royal Navy en route to the Americas!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 71
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 2:44:33 AM   
KorutZelva

Oh so close to the States too! You might have saved you the game right there.

Also a bit of a anti-climatic end for a plan I brewed in 1939... I had to ramp up amphibious tech to level 3 for that one...

Would have been a plunder for the ages...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/27/2018 2:59:25 AM >

Post #: 72
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 4:05:37 AM   
KorutZelva

Well... My tank corp couldn't find an empty port for my assisting transports. That stops any hope of mounting an invasion. I hear the fat lady singing.

Good game crips, you'll have to rename yourself crispy232323.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/27/2018 11:48:03 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 73
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 12:31:55 PM   
crispy131313

Good game KZ, some wild gambits on both sides for sure, but in the end the Axis probably got a little too bold!

You are welcome to a re-match to switch sides, it's up to you!

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/27/2018 12:33:15 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 74
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 1:13:54 PM   
KorutZelva

Post-mortem

I had some superficial knowledge of crispy's mod, from reading his AARs with BPINisBACK and my own (but that was cut short). I knew the UK and the USSR had a buff. The new victory condition pointed that this was accentuated since my play in 9.1. I had forgotten air was culled. But overall I wasn't ready but just how much buffs had been handed over the Allies in the mod. Game start the with the Brits getting an event for a 'free HQ', that sets the tone for whats to come.

I can understand the logic for culling the air somewhat... but that's also taking away Germany main advantage without giving them back a perk. When air is at standard strenght, it packs fire power in an efficient package. Reduced to expensive air artillery, the germans don't have to punch to breakthrough and keep the front moving. Everything is a bit of a slugfest than it should. You'll need more land units but your supply of HQ will remain the same so its likely you'll have to a fair amount of troops fighting with a hand tied behind their back accentuating the slugfestinest.

I kind of like having the ability to move around my unit in Finland before Barbarossa start and to be able to join in at the beginning. Also a nice perk for Sweden joining as supply will be 8 boosting income. But oh man, have they got eh shaft. Finnish units are already expensive to repair but now lost their tech edge over the Russian (since they don't benefit from Germany tech) on top of being dirt poor. Basically if the USSR parks a tank there at the beginning I can see them waltzing in Helsinki very quickly.

I get it that it's supposed to be a bit of 'Germany must try to survive' mod but the turn comes way too quick as it is now. Low on income, Air nerfed they aren't going anywhere fast. In the grand scheme on thing I don't mind that it's most likely intended I'll have to find a defensive withdrawal trying to survive the clock. But getting to that point in 1941... the allied advantages seems a bit too front loaded. I culled English on land and sea for a good year but you wouldn't notice it by looking at their unit count. With a more passive Axis strategy, it's not out of the question that the UK would have enough gear for D-Day in 1942. For comparison the ongoing game between Taxman and Irishguard where a similar-ish scenario played out the English are essentially broken, possibly beyond repair. Even the unit count of the Russian before Barbarossa had started was quite inflated despite USSR mobilisation level around standard level.

Thanks for the offer crips, but I think I'm done. Not with version 14.0 at least!

Post #: 75
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 2:21:47 PM   
crispy131313

Thanks for the post-morterm but I disagree that the Allies have been over buffed, the Axis receive much more bonus then the Allies in this mod, much of which you just haven't played far enough to see. Take Tank tanks for example, Romania/Germany will via decision receive 2 new Tank Corps & 3 Heavy Tanks above their build limit (maybe more) which is a big deal, the Allies get none. There are many more examples but in the end I obviously am going to see things differently. FWII is not about German survival, but it is flexible enough that it can be. If the tide turns on the Axis player, whether it be because of play or just poor luck from the variability I've added, the German player can switch into survival mode and still have fun.

For this game, when the writing was on the wall that the Soviet mobilization would be delayed until the last possible moment and the Axis' strongest units were tied up in other theaters I switched from purchasing tech in late 1940 to purchasing vast amounts of cheap units to form vast defensive lines, I knew there would be no true punch. Similarly with the British I stopped tech research since Axis' captured London and focused on rebuilding units and eventually grounded the air force and never repaired any naval units, on top of abandoning Egypt. The British were doomed to never accomplish anything for the rest of the game but they did stall long enough. In general I think it is good to know that Germany can not handle preparing for Barbarossa, Sealion, amphibious invasion of America and conquering the middle east simultaneously.

As for generally getting bogged down I will say that lately I have typically reached the gates of Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad in 1941 as the Axis, but I probably would not if I did not launch May-June Barbarossa. While I'm 2-3 in AAR i'm 8-0 in other matches, I am much more proficient than I let on (thanks Taifun for spanking me so hard that I learned to be more aggressive). In my last few matches as the Axis the Allies have capitulated once losing all 3 Soviet objectives.

The only comment I really want to emphasize about Finland, and it really wouldn't apply to this match is that every Soviet unit that is diverted to Finland in 1941 makes me happy as I march more freely towards my actual targets in USSR.

I enjoyed our match overall, I do understand it's quite a change from the vanilla but also be aware that while I do not complain about the cookie cutter strategy that is documented so much on the forum, I am aware of it and have been tweaking FWII for sometime to ensure it won't work in FWII.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 76
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 2:30:16 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

I enjoyed our match overall, I do understand it's quite a change from the vanilla but also be aware that while I do not complain about the cookie cutter strategy that is documented so much on the forum, I am aware of it and have been tweaking FWII for sometime to ensure it won't work in FWII.

I should also point out that I do not think you tried the cookie cutter strategy! I only meant that some elements of the strategy worked not in your favor i.e. drawing out USSR mobilization to focus on Britain alone. It's not that it's a bad strategy it's that I try to enforce that USSR matters.

Post #: 77
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 2:39:29 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Thanks for the post-morterm but I disagree that the Allies have been over buffed, the Axis receive much more bonus then the Allies in this mod, much of which you just haven't played far enough to see. Take Tank tanks for example, Romania/Germany will via decision receive 2 new Tank Corps & 3 Heavy Tanks above their build limit (maybe more) which is a big deal, the Allies get none. There are many more examples but in the end I obviously am going to see things differently. FWII is not about German survival, but it is flexible enough that it can be. If the tide turns on the Axis player, whether it be because of play or just poor luck from the variability I've added, the German player can switch into survival mode and still have fun.

For this game, when the writing was on the wall that the Soviet mobilization would be delayed until the last possible moment and the Axis' strongest units were tied up in other theaters I switched from purchasing tech in late 1940 to purchasing vast amounts of cheap units to form vast defensive lines, I knew there would be no true punch. Similarly with the British I stopped tech research since Axis' captured London and focused on rebuilding units and eventually grounded the air force and never repaired any naval units, on top of abandoning Egypt. The British were doomed to never accomplish anything for the rest of the game but they did stall long enough. In general I think it is good to know that Germany can not handle preparing for Barbarossa, Sealion, amphibious invasion of America and conquering the middle east simultaneously.

As for generally getting bogged down I will say that lately I have typically reached the gates of Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad in 1941 as the Axis, but I probably would not if I did not launch May-June Barbarossa. While I'm 2-3 in AAR i'm 8-0 in other matches, I am much more proficient than I let on (thanks Taifun for spanking me so hard that I learned to be more aggressive). In my last few matches as the Axis the Allies have capitulated once losing all 3 Soviet objectives.

The only comment I really want to emphasize about Finland, and it really wouldn't apply to this match is that every Soviet unit that is diverted to Finland in 1941 makes me happy as I march more freely towards my actual targets in USSR.

It's not Manstein and 2 tank corps that would have changed the situation over there. I was fine with a limp Barbarossa. My goal on that theater was to destroy a good chuck of the border unit but then planned on staying put in 1941 waiting for UK units for a 1942 push. But with the Germans committing 2 tank corps, 4 armies and a sizeable bomber fleet to the island, the UK still had an never ending tide of units of Russian proportion even before the USA unlocked its purse fully. 20+ corps bit the dust and the UK was still at 30 land units. What the heck?

Well the the problem for me is that your end up replacing the original cookie cutter for another script more to your preference. The collateral damage is that in this mod, Sealion, Uber Diplo and 'all of France' are effectively blacklisted. They are still viable gambits in the default campaign. It is paradoxical that a mod with more decisions ends up with less viable choices.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/27/2018 2:43:19 PM >

Post #: 78
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 4:57:32 PM   
crispy131313

That's a bit harsh maybe, but I won't argue that my own mod obviously would have some preferences of my own, whether all are intended or not. I'm still of the opinion that the strategy book is wide open. This match just stretched Germany's capabilities to the brink, Closing the Suez, closing Gibraltar, capturing the London/Manchester, planning and attempting for the invasion of USA, maxing aircraft build limits, bringing Sweden into the war, planning for Barbarossa. I get that Germany has the early advantage, but attempting to conquer every strategic objective on the map except the Soviets in 1941 just doesn't feel right, especially given the Allied player does not have the ability to DOW in response.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 79
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/27/2018 6:15:18 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

That's a bit harsh maybe, but I won't argue that my own mod obviously would have some preferences of my own, whether all are intended or not. I'm still of the opinion that the strategy book is wide open. This match just stretched Germany's capabilities to the brink, Closing the Suez, closing Gibraltar, capturing the London/Manchester, planning and attempting for the invasion of USA, maxing aircraft build limits, bringing Sweden into the war, planning for Barbarossa. I get that Germany has the early advantage, but attempting to conquer every strategic objective on the map except the Soviets in 1941 just doesn't feel right, especially given the Allied player does not have the ability to DOW in response.

Not everything, I skipped Malta! Didn't max aircrafts either, couldn't afford it. Just bombers. Sweden was more due to your actions than mine, just gave them a tiny push. Spain joining is a bit of an oddity because between Canary's trip and the blockade the UK is blessed with events and means to slap Spain mobilisation down even if the UK goes for the Portuguese alliance. 95% of the time there wouldn't really be an opportunity cost for that free HQ (two turns worth of income! on turn 1!). Taking London also removes you from being offered alliance with Vichy (I mistakenly believed I needed Spain for that based on another AAR) and gives Ireland to the UK for free.

It's the 'Happy time' like you say, it's supposed to be hurting, it's supposed to be about force conservation, saving your strength for later for a comeback with the USA/USSR buddies. Sure you can fight to the death... but I expect you to die. Having me kill three time the number of Englishmen in the UK compared to the french in France and have them around with the same unit count they started pre-invasion can't exactly be considered a moderate stance on balance either.

Despite being introduced as such, I am no posterboy for the Axis cookie cutter. In my AAR I used it in my very first AAR with Taxman... and then that's it. I always relied on curve balls after that. If you take away my ability to approach it different ways, you take away my interest. If you ramp up the difficulty for Sealion or All of France, the least you can do is to ramp up the rewards. The mod doesn't benefit by having these strategic dead-ends. There has to be more than 'Conquer the USSR on a shoe string budget and let NA to die'. You may pick going with wooing Greece or Spain (essentially following the neatly drawn 'authorised' direction of their decision line), that doesn't count since the main script is the same.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/28/2018 11:42:10 AM >

Post #: 80
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/30/2018 3:39:38 PM   
crispy131313

There are a few false comments above that I want to correct:

1. Canary's trip is a popup only from the vanilla campaign and has no effect on game play.
2. Taking London does not remove the Vichy Alliance, it's a variable 5% chance per turn after Spanish entry, the clock runs out after USA joins.
3. The Portuguese Alliance creates an immediate 30-40% Spanish swing towards the Axis, this validates at minimum "All of France" (60% achieved easier) or as this game unfolded Spain joining the war. There is definitely a cost.
4. Ireland was not free for the UK, it was planned via DE (cost MPP) prior to Sealion and it is usually wasted MPP as Sealion is not that common.
5. The UK did not freebie there way to victory, I counted 8 units received for the UK/Minors throughout the game that were not in vanilla, 5 of which were Infantry Divisions (soft targets) and 5 of the 8 units were received at half strength or less. The UK simply stopped spending on anything else, if you kill 3 Corps, I build 3 Corps. That was my only viable counter.

The above notes aside, I can accept your criticism in your final comments. I have actually made some changes based on the outcome of this game.

Poland
I have beefed up Poland slightly as they are currently inflicting nearly no losses. To combat this I've added a new HQ (Czuma) to Polish production which can deploy at half strength near Warsaw on Turn 2. Polish Calvary Divisions have universally been increased from 3 to 6 strength, and the Poznan and Pomorze Infantry Armies have been increased to strength 8. I have also added a half strength Infantry Division at Kutno (West of Warsaw) and moved the Polish Tank Division 1 hex south into Radom.

UK
The RAF Fighter unit stationed in Ireland (if chosen) now will deploy at strength 3 instead of 10. British units which arrive in Portugal (if alliance chosen) will now deploy between strength 3 to 5. It was never my intent for these units to be combat ready.

Portugal
Added Salazar 4 rating HQ (Portugal) to Build Limits as I forgot to name the HQ.

Aircraf
Added the "t"

Germany
I've increased the plunder of Paris and Moscow to 75 MPP (from 25 MPP) and have added London (75 MPP) and Manchester (25 MPP) to the list of cities that Germany can plunder (with Swiss co-operation). These are slight bumps, but I am sure are welcome to any resource hungry German player.

I've added a new decision event in June 1940 which directly supports Sealion (or other amphibious invasion such as All of France). Germany can hastily deploy at half strength 1 Special Forces, 1 Paratrooper, 2 Motor Boat Torpedo units or alternatively can continue to focus on planning for war on the Eastern Front, in which case a HQ and Tank Corps will deploy in December 1940. I've decided that these additional units may actually help balance game play.

I've also created a new decision representing the The German-Soviet Border And Commercial Agreement (Dec 1940). Essentially Germany can opt to trade military equipment to the Soviets to decrease their war readiness, the alternative is to not deliver the equipment already promised to USSR (earlier pacts) which will increase Soviet war readiness. This decision will help facilitate German plans of early or late Barbarossa.

Finally, if the UK invades neutral Norway prior to Germany's planned decision event for invasion, Germany will receive the Bulcher Heavy Cruiser and XXI Infantry Corps still, as if they had said "No" to the invasion.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 81
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/30/2018 9:26:33 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

There are a few false comments above that I want to correct:

1. Canary's trip is a popup only from the vanilla campaign and has no effect on game play.
2. Taking London does not remove the Vichy Alliance, it's a variable 5% chance per turn after Spanish entry, the clock runs out after USA joins.
3. The Portuguese Alliance creates an immediate 30-40% Spanish swing towards the Axis, this validates at minimum "All of France" (60% achieved easier) or as this game unfolded Spain joining the war. There is definitely a cost.
4. Ireland was not free for the UK, it was planned via DE (cost MPP) prior to Sealion and it is usually wasted MPP as Sealion is not that common.
5. The UK did not freebie there way to victory, I counted 8 units received for the UK/Minors throughout the game that were not in vanilla, 5 of which were Infantry Divisions (soft targets) and 5 of the 8 units were received at half strength or less. The UK simply stopped spending on anything else, if you kill 3 Corps, I build 3 Corps. That was my only viable counter.

The above notes aside, I can accept your criticism in your final comments. I have actually made some changes based on the outcome of this game.

Poland
I have beefed up Poland slightly as they are currently inflicting nearly no losses. To combat this I've added a new HQ (Czuma) to Polish production which can deploy at half strength near Warsaw on Turn 2. Polish Calvary Divisions have universally been increased from 3 to 6 strength, and the Poznan and Pomorze Infantry Armies have been increased to strength 8. I have also added a half strength Infantry Division at Kutno (West of Warsaw) and moved the Polish Tank Division 1 hex south into Radom.

UK
The RAF Fighter unit stationed in Ireland (if chosen) now will deploy at strength 3 instead of 10. British units which arrive in Portugal (if alliance chosen) will now deploy between strength 3 to 5. It was never my intent for these units to be combat ready.

Portugal
Added Salazar 4 rating HQ (Portugal) to Build Limits as I forgot to name the HQ.

Aircraf
Added the "t"

Germany
I've increased the plunder of Paris and Moscow to 75 MPP (from 25 MPP) and have added London (75 MPP) and Manchester (25 MPP) to the list of cities that Germany can plunder (with Swiss co-operation). These are slight bumps, but I am sure are welcome to any resource hungry German player.

I've added a new decision event in June 1940 which directly supports Sealion (or other amphibious invasion such as All of France). Germany can hastily deploy at half strength 1 Special Forces, 1 Paratrooper, 2 Motor Boat Torpedo units or alternatively can continue to focus on planning for war on the Eastern Front, in which case a HQ and Tank Corps will deploy in December 1940. I've decided that these additional units may actually help balance game play.

I've also created a new decision representing the The German-Soviet Border And Commercial Agreement (Dec 1940). Essentially Germany can opt to trade military equipment to the Soviets to decrease their war readiness, the alternative is to not deliver the equipment already promised to USSR (earlier pacts) which will increase Soviet war readiness. This decision will help facilitate German plans of early or late Barbarossa.

Finally, if the UK invades neutral Norway prior to Germany's planned decision event for invasion, Germany will receive the Bulcher Heavy Cruiser and XXI Infantry Corps still, as if they had said "No" to the invasion.

I was about to DM you about missing out of on Norwegian invasion ships.

For Canary I couldn't find the equivalent in the default campaign. In our game it did occur at the same time the blockade event so I thought these were two distinct thing affecting Spain readiness. My mistake.

You should make Spain army have more troops at the Portuguese border since war declaration will be in almost all cases be from the allies and operating from Portugal.

The line of text below refers to London being in allied hands.

#NAME= DE 874 - Vichy French Join The Axis (AI - 100% Yes)
#POPUP= Führerhauptquartier %N%NMein Führer, Foreign Minisiter Von Ribbentrop has reported that the Vichy French Government could be pressured to Join The Axis Alliance, and there is a possibility that the Vichy states in North Africa could follow suit. The Vichy French are not well equipped however, so the Vichy French will require supplies from Germany if they are to declare for the Axis. %N%It should be noted that Mussolini is not aware of the secret negotations and will be undoutedly furious if Italy will be asked to fight along side of the French. If Vichy France should join the Axis in this scenario then Italian Morale will suffer. %N%Mein Führer, should we send supplies to the Vichy French and have them declare war for the Axis? It will cost 175 MPP for 3 Turns.
#IMAGE=
#SOUND= teletype_1.ogg, teletype_2.ogg
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 1
#AI= 0
#LEVEL= 0
;Set global variable condition to always trigger (dummy value)
#GV= 1[1,100]
;Set link value to Dummy
#LINK= 602[1]
#COUNTRY_ID= 45
#TRIGGER= 5
#DISPLAY_ORDER= 0
; Set decision value
#DECISION= 874
#MPP_UPDOWN= -150
#MPP_TURNS= 3
#MPP_TEXT= Military Exports To Vichy France
#NOTES= %N%NIf you select (Yes) to this decision Vichy France will join the Axis and will deploy a Mechanized Division and a Tank Division at Vichy as a result of the military imports from Germany. Mussolini will be shaken by the move and Italian National Morale will decrease by 1,500 points. %N%NThere will also be 50% chance that additional Vichy French states will follow Vichy France in declaring for the Axis.
#NOTES_POSITION= 193,109
; Set AI acceptance % (AI will not accept 100% of the time)
#AI_RESPONSE= 100
#AI_RESPONSE_POPUP=
#DATE= 1941/01/01
#TEXT_RGB= 0,0,0
#SHADOW_RGB= 0,0,0
; London is in Allied hands
#ALIGNMENT_POSITION= 173,74 [1]
;Set National Morale Trigger (dummy value)
#NATIONAL_MORALE_TRIGGER= 0 [0]
; Set variable conditions:
; 1st Line - UK politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 45 [1] [100] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 59 [1] [100] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 118 [1] [0] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 4 [1] [0] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 40 [2] [100] [1]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 99 [1] [100] [0]
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 115 [2] [0] [0]
; Dummy condition position (always satisfied)
#CONDITION_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [0,0] [0] [0]
}

I applaud your efforts to make other Axis strategies viable. But looking at our game unit lost count vs the current AAR of Taxman & Irishguard (Taxman being essentially wiped out but with something like half the casualty I inflicted) I'm not entirely sold its a thing that can be fixed via decisions.

Post #: 82
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/30/2018 10:14:00 PM   
crispy131313

173,74(1) is Berlin is in Axis hands, it is incorrectly titled London but still checks Berlin only, sorry about the confusion. Also Taxman’s campaign does not have divisions and skews the numbers at least somewhat.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 83
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/30/2018 11:18:45 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

173,74(1) is Berlin is in Axis hands, it is incorrectly titled London but still checks Berlin only, sorry about the confusion. Also Taxman’s campaign does not have divisions and skews the numbers at least somewhat.

While the unit count can be inflated somewhat by the presence of division however the casualties themselves were mostly corps and up.

I suggest that the Portugal alliance event to summon Salazar rather than a British HQ.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/30/2018 11:21:19 PM >

Post #: 84
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/31/2018 3:33:44 AM   
crispy131313

Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the Anglo-Portuguese Decision to deploy Salazar rather than a British HQ, which is a good change and might even encourage deployment of the Portuguese Corps. Also, if the alliance is evoked then the Spanish Infantry Corps in Valencia will me moved Westward and split into two full strength Infantry Divisions on the most direct routes to Madrid, representing new border formations.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 85
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/1/2018 1:16:51 PM   
Trump2016

Have you considered making changes to "AVL" to either eliminating or severe limitations on the ability?

I was really enjoying your AAR up until the point were an entire German army group is trying to invade North America?

Even the US at the heights of its power in late war Pacific campaign could not pull that off (even modern day too)

unless you are adding a level 10 tech for amph....lol

Post #: 86
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/1/2018 4:18:21 PM   
crispy131313

The problem is that LR AVL should be able to reach Narvik from Germany, so I don't really think it can be capped. Despite how it is presented in the game, I don't think of the LR AVL as a raft crossing the ocean, it would have to be a transport fleet with amphibious capabilities. Still not very realistic I know, but it necessary so that actual historic events like Torch can be re-created. Ultimately invasion America is a doomed to fail exercise at least in FWII so hopefully LR AVL is not as big a problem as it could be, not only were the German's going to be instantly overwhelmed by the automatic and free reinforcements but it is another expensive distraction to the war on the Eastern Front, which I've stated before matters in my mod.

So in the end I don't think I can eliminate AVL but I hope KZ's misfortune serves as a deterrent in FWII.

(in reply to Trump2016)
Post #: 87
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/1/2018 11:53:54 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

The problem is that LR AVL should be able to reach Narvik from Germany, so I don't really think it can be capped. Despite how it is presented in the game, I don't think of the LR AVL as a raft crossing the ocean, it would have to be a transport fleet with amphibious capabilities. Still not very realistic I know, but it necessary so that actual historic events like Torch can be re-created. Ultimately invasion America is a doomed to fail exercise at least in FWII so hopefully LR AVL is not as big a problem as it could be, not only were the German's going to be instantly overwhelmed by the automatic and free reinforcements but it is another expensive distraction to the war on the Eastern Front, which I've stated before matters in my mod.

So in the end I don't think I can eliminate AVL but I hope KZ's misfortune serves as a deterrent in FWII.

Just a little Spy investment makes it something a bit something of a long shot because they have to be at sea for a couple of turns and just one AVL or transport getting spy spot and the jig is essentially up. I didn't check the free gear in FW II, but in the base game it's something like 1 hq, 1 tank and 2 corps all of which are probably going to be triggered while the USA is underteched. That's not enough by itself to stop 2 german tank a HQ and tons of teleporting planes (and any supporting forces sent by transport).

Almost worked. I was one turn away from the coast and the USA hadn't spent any mpp in unit (a sign that its land units were still at str 5 and tech 0). It's possible to capture Washington on turn one of the invasion under these conditions. It might not trigger the surrender immediately (but could) but the clock starts to tick.

Post #: 88
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/2/2018 12:06:13 AM   
crispy131313

The USA has an alternate capital, I've no experience with attacking the USA i'm not sure if the capital would move there or not. Either way it's pretty silly, highlighted by the fact that in this match you wanted to either you pull it off or forfeit the game once foiled.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 89
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/2/2018 12:26:23 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

The USA has an alternate capital, I've no experience with attacking the USA i'm not sure if the capital would move there or not. Either way it's pretty silly, highlighted by the fact that in this match you wanted to either you pull it off or forfeit the game once foiled.

I could live with my invasion being beaten back but I needed one of the western power to be essentially written out to keep it competitive. My heart sank when I scrolled over Edinburgh and saw a million units after having killed the entire UK army three times over.

I guess it's nice that you are willing to shake things over. But from my perspective its moot unless we start seeing people using sealion, all of France and win. Else it's just putting make-ups on dead-ends.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 8/2/2018 1:18:52 AM >

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI