Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The King is Back

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: The King is Back Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The King is Back - 9/4/2019 9:52:18 PM   
schweggy

Questions regarding TacView:

Which version(s) are supported by C:MO? I'm guessing all?

Lastly, is there a "recommended" version?

- schweggy -

Montani Semper Liberi - Mountaineers are always free

(in reply to ZoroastroBR)
Post #: 61
RE: The King is Back - 9/4/2019 10:33:06 PM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55
I'm in. I'll buy it when released. Just curious, will CMO handle ground combat or logistics differently than CMANO?

Yes. We'll probably need to do a dedicated article on this because the changes are significant.

It appears that roads become a feature and "terrain" to travel (I'm totally reading into the screenshots) … will bridges factor in?

This is looking great!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 62
RE: The King is Back - 9/4/2019 10:33:59 PM   
DONNIE67

Hi

I have a question regarding chains of war. Will all features be available or only those for the CE. I recall there were a few features like comms jamming that were reserved for Pro use.

Thank you and best wishes.

(in reply to schweggy)
Post #: 63
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 12:51:56 AM   
cgn-9

quote:

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

Just to answer some of the common questions

. . .

* There will be a significant incentive for players who want to upgrade from CMANO to CMO, so you will not be paying the full price if you already own CMANO. Details TBD.

Considering I bought CMANO a few weeks ago, this is welcome news indeed.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 64
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 1:38:50 AM   
magi

i want this real bad..... hurry....

(in reply to cgn-9)
Post #: 65
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 1:41:22 AM   
ParachuteProne

Sounds great!
In the current CMANO very few naval units can carry troops but in reality most naval units can carry some troops.
Even a small sub could land a squad or team.
Will this be reflected in the new game ?

(in reply to cgn-9)
Post #: 66
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:07:12 AM   
sfbaytf

I’ll buy when it comes out. There is a YouTube video that talks about this.

Only thing missing is multiplayer

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 67
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:40:11 AM   
LMychajluk

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duck Doc
Is there a new mission planner in The King?

If you mean the AMP no, but there is an improved version of the existing one, with great emphasis on showing "just enough" options as relevant (e.g. don;t show settings for ships if the selected mission has only aircraft assigned). The aim is to avoid flooding the player with too many options and settings.

I hope that the missions can still be configured prior to assigning units, as I tend to do this. More often than not, I set up the mission, then (in the case of air bases or carriers), assign aircraft from the aircraft screen. Not having seen the new interface, if I have to create the mission, then close the mission window, assign the units from the aircraft window, and then go back into the mission window to set options that just appeared because of the units just assigned, it would seem like more work.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 68
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 5:03:08 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParachuteProne
Sounds great!
In the current CMANO very few naval units can carry troops but in reality most naval units can carry some troops.
Even a small sub could land a squad or team.
Will this be reflected in the new game ?

This sounds like a DB request. Can you please post this on the DB3K & CWDB threads? Thanks.

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 69
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 10:18:16 AM   
britten

quote:

ORIGINAL: RodionHerrera

I have a feeling this will be a BIG debate in the coming months... on why CMO isn't an "upgrade" of CMANO (and by upgrade, meaning, current CMANO owners shouldn't pay for CMO in full and just pay a smaller amount instead because they feel they are just "upgrading" from being CMANO users), so here's my two cents. I actually like the fact that this is going to be a separate product, and I'm willing to shelve out money to get it.

The main reason I like that it's a new product is simple--it's completely re-written from the ground up, and thus the limitations of the old engine are gone--they took a more proactive route which means that this new engine looks forward and is more anticipatory of new miltech that might come out soon and need to be integrated into CMO. As a former computer science major, I do understand that sometimes, just trying to keep patching something up just to keep current or to keep bugs away, is not always a good solution--sometimes rewriting things from the ground up with more efficient code and algos can really make software shine.

Another reason is that I do like to see the old CMANO still exist as-is (and hopefully with continual support from Matrix/Slitherine/WS) because it's still a great game as it is.

One final reason why I like CMO to be a separate product is to support the devs. This is a niche product, and unlike what teenaged gamers nowadays want in a game, CMANO/CMO is not that "in demand" and thus I would think it's hard for a company like MatrixGames to really sell and market such a niche product, and they really need the support of the community so that they can keep on improving.

To those among you here who are fans of the ARMA series of games, this situation is akin to how Arma 2 users felt when Arma 3 was announced--they secretly wished that somehow, Arma 3 was just an "improvement" of Arma 2, and that they, the players wouldn't have to pay a FULL price for a new product and rather just pay a smaller fee and receive the new Arma 3 as an "upgrade"... that never happened, and I think it was for the good of the incoming product, and now it's clear that Arma 3 being a separate product that users pay separately for, was a good decision.

This is an excellent post. I totally agree and already reserved money for C:MO. I am sure it will be a great success.

(in reply to RodionHerrera)
Post #: 70
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 1:07:59 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: AKar

Great, if somewhat unexpected news. :)

I wonder if the drop of specifier "Air/Naval" means that the level of simulation for proper ground ops will be more with the sequel. As the terrain map appears much improved, is the bathymetry improved as well for us who still like ships? In littoral combat where some naval emphasis appears to be today, higher resolution bathymetry - perhaps even ship draft being accounted for - would be benefitial.

Me too. I hope so.

TacView seems a must also. WOnder how much it will cost. TacView is what's making me really consider getting this. Better ground ops would seal the deal.

WW2 I'd bite your hand off:)

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/5/2019 1:09:50 PM >

(in reply to AKar)
Post #: 71
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 1:43:16 PM   
AKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Me too. I hope so.

TacView seems a must also. WOnder how much it will cost.

Advanced version (with strategic view and some other coolness) is not exactly cheap at about 62 €, but I have other uses for it with flight simulation stuff, so that makes it very good deal for me.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 72
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 1:43:39 PM   
JPFisher55

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55
I'm in. I'll buy it when released. Just curious, will CMO handle ground combat or logistics differently than CMANO?

Yes. We'll probably need to do a dedicated article on this because the changes are significant.

Great, eagerly waiting for CMO. Thx for answer to my question.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 73
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:05:31 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duck Doc
Is there a new mission planner in The King?

If you mean the AMP no, but there is an improved version of the existing one, with great emphasis on showing "just enough" options as relevant (e.g. don;t show settings for ships if the selected mission has only aircraft assigned). The aim is to avoid flooding the player with too many options and settings.

Will the mission editor allow programming ground units -- even rudimentary setting of speed, etc

I am SOOOOO looking forward to this.
Thank you Dimitris and staff!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 74
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:32:39 PM   
LORDPrometheus

Will there by chance be the option to more easily save custom units in scenarios? The current system with SBR files is clunky and I've had endless issues with it. The ability to add data links to units in game the same way you can add magazines and weapon mounts just seems like a nice quality of life feature. For example if I want to make my own interpretation of the arsenal ship and give it full AEGIS and a couple hundred air to air missiles I want to be able to do so without adding lines to a text document

A further stretch of this is a sort of in game unit builder that let's you create a new unit from the ground up selecting size armor mass parts etc. This would basically be an in game modding tool. Since units only have icons and ate all essentially text files it does not seem like it would be too challenging to have custom units save locally for reuse and become a part of the mission file on export. This would give a huge amount of freedom for users making scenarios involving platforms not yet in game and would get around the understandable apprehension you have shown to modding so far by ensuring anyone could load up the scenario even with modified or new units and not have to worry about compatibility. A tool like this may even make your lives easier in terms of setting up and changing units quickly

< Message edited by LORDPrometheus -- 9/5/2019 2:39:07 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 75
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:48:06 PM   
Filitch

Great news!
Could someone of developers explain what exactly means:
quote:

New sim features:
- Realistic sub comms

Thanks in advance

(in reply to LORDPrometheus)
Post #: 76
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 2:56:44 PM   
LORDPrometheus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filitch

Great news!
Could someone of developers explain what exactly means:
quote:

New sim features:
- Realistic sub comms

Thanks in advance

I'm guessing it means you won't have immediate real time communications with a submerged submarine and will instead get real time if they are close to the surface and can use SATCOM or slow comms replicating the slow low bandwidth of the ultra low frequency radio that they use to talk to submerged subs.

This does bring up the question or just how communications will work when they can be so readily disrupted. I worry it may turn subs into platforms that you just set on a mission and forget about because you can't directly control them. I guess a possible mechanic is to allow you to select a unit as your command platform and get full real-time from it and then delayed or disrupted comms from the rest

< Message edited by LORDPrometheus -- 9/5/2019 3:01:21 PM >

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 77
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 7:33:30 PM   
Hoeist6634

I am not all happy with the fact that you have to pay extra for Tacview and of course, wouldn't you forget, the game itself. I hope that the publishers will make some gesture towards the gamers in 'combining' this game with Tacview.

Post #: 78
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 9:57:02 PM   
LORDPrometheus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoeist6634

I am not all happy with the fact that you have to pay extra for Tacview and of course, wouldn't you forget, the game itself. I hope that the publishers will make some gesture towards the gamers in 'combining' this game with Tacview.

TacView is a different program produced by a different company. Both had to work together to add the integration and both deserve to be paid for their product. TacView is an extra not a requisite you are not being asked to buy 2 games you are being offered one game and one extra piece of software. Owners of CMANO are also already getting a discount as it is so it will be fine

(in reply to Hoeist6634)
Post #: 79
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 10:46:35 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: LORDPrometheus
quote:

TacView is a different program produced by a different company. Both had to work together to add the integration and both deserve to be paid for their product. TacView is an extra not a requisite you are not being asked to buy 2 games you are being offered one game and one extra piece of software. Owners of CMANO are also already getting a discount as it is so it will be fine

Thank you for explaining that.
I am not sure if this 'Tacview' will add to game play or not. There is a lot to keep track of already. ALTHOUGH, I do not know what TACView means so maybe it would be useful.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Post #: 80
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 10:50:35 PM   
tjhkkr

you won't have immediate real time communications with a submerged submarine and will instead get real time if they are close to the surface and can use SATCOM or slow comms replicating the slow low bandwidth of the ultra low frequency radio that they use to talk to submerged subs.
I hate comparing game platforms because it is unfair to the hard work of all the people involved, but did not the later iterations of Harpoon II have something like that? The submarines would go off the grid? But if I remember correctly, you could also turn that feature off.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 81
RE: The King is Back - 9/5/2019 10:53:26 PM   
tjhkkr

This looks like cool new feature. I wonder if this is a mat the user adds on or if they are planning to have this from google maps etc.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 9/5/2019 10:54:15 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 82
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 2:47:04 AM   
cdnice

Any chance that naval boardings will be modelled? The ability to "Capture" a ship?

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 83
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 6:18:44 AM   
Ghost0815

How will TacView work in CMO? At the moment, when i use TacView [DCS World] i can see every active unit [doesn't matter if in LoS or in Radar range], but this can not be the task of TacView during the play.

< Message edited by Ghost0815 -- 9/6/2019 6:19:32 AM >

(in reply to cdnice)
Post #: 84
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 6:31:33 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghost0815
How will TacView work in CMO? At the moment, when i use TacView [DCS World] i can see every active unit [doesn't matter if in LoS or in Radar range], but this can not be the task of TacView during the play.

Correct, this is an inherent limitation of Tacview at the moment.

(in reply to Ghost0815)
Post #: 85
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 6:32:37 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: cdnice
Any chance that naval boardings will be modelled? The ability to "Capture" a ship?

Isn't this already doable through scripting?

(in reply to cdnice)
Post #: 86
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 6:33:46 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: LORDPrometheus

quote:

Correct. I would also point out that WarfareSims does not make a single dime out of Tacview sales.

Post #: 87
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 7:13:52 AM   
Galahad78

Holy sh*t! It looks gorgeus!

[insert Fry's "Shut up and take my money!" GIF]

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 88
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 7:16:16 AM   
Randomizer

That would be this...

-C

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Galahad78)
Post #: 89
RE: The King is Back - 9/6/2019 7:49:20 AM   
Marder

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

This looks like cool new feature. I wonder if this is a mat the user adds on or if they are planning to have this from google maps etc.

I would like to know this, too.
I'll buy C:MO instantly when it comes out.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: The King is Back Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI