Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? - 10/11/2019 12:09:23 PM   
Garfield

Hi all,
I’m playing a PBEM as allied player and my opponent made a little mistake: he forgot to send me two files after finishing his turn and since then he played a turn on another PBEM that he is playing in parallel with another player…
That’s why the “001.pws” file is not the good one anymore (it’s the one form the other game). Same with all the .txt file. I already told him to use the “–archive” command to prevent this kind of issue in the future.
But because it’s a very important turn for me (setting up a major offensive) I really would like to have the “replay”.
What would be the impact if he opens the file coming from me again, plays the “replay” and then sends to me the 001.pws file generated + the turn pws file that he played on the first time (with the lost replay)?

Thinking about this: if you told me that the replay could give a totally different result than the first one (because of probability, of fog of war,…). Does that mean that a Japanese player could launch a replay 10 times a row in order to “select” the one that would be the better for him?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? - 10/11/2019 12:34:33 PM   
Canoerebel

The 001 should be identical if he replays the turn you sent him a few days ago. (Imagine the mischief if you could get different [better] results by endlessly doing the 001 until you found the results you liked!)

(in reply to Garfield)
Post #: 2
RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? - 10/11/2019 1:10:01 PM   
btd64

As a general rule of thumb I never play 2 PBEM's from the same install. Always have a seperate install for each PBEM or mod. The only exception I have is Mods that use the same art. For example the RA mods by John3rd. I have all of those mods in one install of AE....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? - 10/11/2019 2:39:58 PM   
Garfield

Thank you for the answer

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? - 10/11/2019 9:59:34 PM   
Falken

Although it may sound obvious, and a bit overkill, once one does a mistake, one learns quickly :) if you want to be sure.. always make a zip of the SAVE directory once you move the new turn file into the directory, but before you run the replay. I also make a backup after i make my turn in case i need for a re-run or something.

again, overkill i know, but it's saved me a few times.

(in reply to Garfield)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replay lost in PBEM - Any solution? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI