Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: People stll playing ATG

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: People stll playing ATG Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: People stll playing ATG - 10/24/2019 1:36:23 AM   
BvB

I hadn't been on this board in years, but do play ATG with people not on this board. This is one of the better games to play vs the AI. Others I play the AI isn't as good - Grigsby's War in the East, old Talonsoft Civil War stuff. A simple free on line turn based game I play is at www dot fightingflattops dot com
I occasionally try World of Tanks or the Blitz version but between my old twitchy hands and so many whining kids or poor losers I haven't in months. Bottom line its mostly ATG and the free on line game I mentioned. So if any need a player for that 1938 battle I'll try as any position. Salute

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 31
RE: People stll playing ATG - 10/24/2019 9:06:28 PM   
Bombur

I downloaded it, anxious to try....

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 32
RE: People stll playing ATG - 10/24/2019 9:10:25 PM   
Bombur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Well for the moment I have my plate full finishing Shadow Empire. After that there is a mystery title coming after it.
But I think at some time after Advanced Tactics deserves some love.

quote:

for the moment I have my plate full finishing Shadow Empire. After that there is a mystery title coming after it.
But I think at some time after Advanced Tactics deserves some love.

I have lots of ideas to improve the air and naval engines, and also to include make modern warfare better. If you´re interested....

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 33
RE: People stll playing ATG - 10/24/2019 9:12:49 PM   
Bombur

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArmouredLion

Hey, Bombur... been meaning to reply... But been so damn busy. ATG & the 38 mod had me at hello and likely till I get dressed up in a coffin. No game offers a "general" the options to express themselves as they both do. Absolutely stellar titles. My problem is the juice isn't there to play as I'd like. Because of all the options, it demands full CPU power from the noodle, and I rarely have that these days. I was so into our game as Germany... but, my daughter is now homeschooling age and that's two hard heads I have to teach, plus all the other jazz. Only thing I play with much zeal is SC because the turns are 15-30 min. BUT, I'd prefer ATG and 38. Again, NO GAME I have found is as engaging. I do still play ATG though... as you know, as the Chinese... and I give my all there :)

Thank you for enjoying our work, my friend. I think I´m back to editing. Having lots of fun, creating custom battleships for GD 1938.

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 34
RE: People stll playing ATG - 11/4/2019 12:21:03 PM   
Tac2i

Backwards compatibility with ATG isn't a major thing for me. A more advanced and current AT is more important. Perhaps, in a new AT2, include ATG as part of the package. Alternatively, offer ATG, with the purchase of AT2, for another $10 or something like that.

quote:

Taking advantage of this gathering of grogs to pose a question :)

If there would ever be an "ATP" or an "AT2" how important would it be that it is backwards compatible with .at2 scenarios for you all?

Best wishes,
Vic

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 35
RE: People stll playing ATG - 11/4/2019 6:19:15 PM   
mattpilot

Whatever comes in the future, please let it have a random map generator. The lack of that really puts me off from any of the other titles you guys released. I've been playing WW2 themed strategy games for 20 years now... i need alt-history to enjoy it.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 36
RE: People stll playing ATG - 11/6/2019 11:55:04 AM   
altipueri

The random scenario generator is important for my enjoyment of games.

ATG has it
The early Combat Mission games had it.
John Tiller's Campaign Series has it
Armored Brigade has it

Any others?

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 37
RE: People stll playing ATG - 12/1/2019 3:38:53 PM   
redboot

I still play this game a fair amount, mostly against the AI. Just seem to keep coming back to it. Been wargaming for decades and still find this and John Tiller's Campaigns Series to be the best computer wargames on the market for grog-heads like me. I'd like to play it more against humans actually. (Anybody who's up for a game should feel free to PM me.)

In answer to Vic's question, backwards compatibility is a non-issue for me, as I play the randomly generated stuff. ATG getting some love from you post-Shadow Empire would be great if the only impact is to bring some more players in.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 38
RE: People stll playing ATG - 12/3/2019 5:19:55 PM   
davebob

This old Avalon Hill era grog still playing. Anxiously awaiting Shadow Empire. Still play Civ 3, Midieval Total War. Ability to play a small game, and the editor, will always keep ATG on my computer.

Having said that,that being said,that having been said,saying that,that having been said,having said all that,that said.....

(in reply to redboot)
Post #: 39
RE: People stll playing ATG - 6/17/2020 4:30:23 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

If there would ever be an "ATP" or an "AT2" how important would it be that it is backwards compatible with .at2 scenarios for you all?

Not particularly important

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tac2i

Backwards compatibility with ATG isn't a major thing for me. A more advanced and current AT is more important.

^^^^ I agree with this ^^^^

1. Existing ATG's biggest Achilles heel IMHO is the documentation. There is clearly a lot of power under the bonnet, but I, a non-coder, cannot figure it out, and am therefore unable to access and harness it.

Decisive Campaigns benefited from good explanatory videos, and Lancer's input was *fantastic*. Hire him.

Never mind the game; his writing was so good it was entertainment all on its own!

2. You already know about the need to expand the naval game.

3. I've already bored you to death with requests for "hard supplies", to allow convoy games.

4. I haven't bought Shadow Empire yet, but noticed on a screenshot a battle about to take place. In a preview pane there was a seven hex map and all the factors which were about to be crunched in the battle.

You do wonder about this concept being developed, so that ATG becomes its own campaign manager. When two divisions do battle we warp to another screen displaying the terrain in more detail and the various subfomations of the two divisions. After they have slugged it out for however many rounds return to the main map. Lots of nice juicy detail and context.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: People stll playing ATG Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI