Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/11/2003 12:32:33 AM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]Ah yes, but most people want Rarity OFF. That toggle cuts both ways. I prefer Rarity ON because if forces you to play a different set of OOBs every time. Variety is the spice of life! [/B][/QUOTE]

i usually play w/ rarity on.

but this sometimes makes strange choices what the game considers as "rare" equipment....

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 31
RB... - 7/11/2003 2:01:52 AM   
Vathailos

If I was unclear in my response, forgive please RB. I do indeed think that air strike elements are artillery as well, and that’s exactly what I meant. As far as including the bit about air transport assets, I put that in because either in this thread or another (can’t remember ATM) someone had cargo planes and the like in with general air assets. I didn’t mean to imply that you were that someone RB. Someone also asked in this thread if airborne troops were considered infiltrators. That wasn’t you either, but I took time to express my opinion on that as well.

Matter of fact, if I was “designer for a day” I’d like to see all air strike assets (to include bombers) included on the Artillery purchase page, rather than miscellaneous. But I digress.

As far as the comment “as much as it pains me”, I believe I suffer from the curse of clouded intent. I was actually making jovial reference to the first few posts I’d made here in the Training Center. It seemed (if one squinted enough ;)) that if I expressed one opinion, you’d take a diametrically opposed position. That portion was made in jest, sorry if the point was lost somewhere in the middle.

Long story short (too late, I know), [I]Pariah[/I] status rescinded. :D

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 32
Re: RB... - 7/11/2003 5:03:53 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vathailos
[B]Long story short (too late, I know), [I]Pariah[/I] status rescinded. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks!:D

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 33
- 7/28/2003 9:11:43 PM   
RobW

guys, I am happy to be hijacked and also usually buy a rounded force. I guess I need to try to keep track of what I am buying a little better and jot down pluses & miuses as I play them.

So we have finished with purchasing - what about deployment. I am beginning to take longer over this, looking at terrain, trying to set objectives etc but I guess things like plans and tactics fly out the window when the first enemy is spotted - I tend to find myself reacting to others which usually confuses and shows weaknesses in my deployment.

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI