Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/11/2020 1:41:10 PM   
Comradebiggles

Seconding the issue with the Archaeology card. Played two cards, both successes, no sites found even with the message stating so. Zone has multiple ruin hexes. I'm on 1.02.

< Message edited by Comradebiggles -- 6/11/2020 1:42:12 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 31
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/12/2020 11:28:43 AM   
Saros

"Threshold" for both short and long casualty tooltip is spelt wrong.

< Message edited by Saros -- 6/12/2020 11:29:19 AM >

(in reply to Comradebiggles)
Post #: 32
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/12/2020 12:35:11 PM   
Noldofinwe

The word hamstering, is a typically literal Dutch to English translated word, I think something like hoarding/stockpiling would be a better English word here:

It's always funny, I always have to think about our local Dutch supermarket commercials every time I read it

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 33
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/12/2020 1:02:26 PM   
DTurtle

Erklarungswagen (or rather Erklärungswagen) would translate as "Explanation car".

A better word would be "Spähwagen", which is the official name of the reconnaissance vehicle used in the German army.

(in reply to Noldofinwe)
Post #: 34
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/12/2020 2:28:44 PM   
Saros

There is inconsistencies between the unrest reduction, unrest reduced by anima and the actual unrest score reduction. Also there is no shadow cult but there is a -4 crew message?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myt0twiajxdy8ng/The_100_T9.se1?dl=0

< Message edited by Saros -- 6/12/2020 2:30:31 PM >

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 35
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/12/2020 3:02:26 PM   
DTurtle

In that screenshot is also a misspelling in "Sydicate crew."

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 36
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/14/2020 9:05:58 AM   
Saros

Hey Vic the BP over 100 bonus seems very harsh considering that you can easily have enough BP to have 100+ in every category and that BP are already taxed by the large bureaucracy bonus when they are generated.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 37
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/14/2020 9:57:01 AM   
Saros

Cult reports are over-running the screen.

Economic research getting a military bonus?

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 38
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/14/2020 12:09:39 PM   
DTurtle

The critical failure lowered the relationship with the major by only 10 points and not 20 points as the tooltip says. This also applies to trade. I haven't tried all the various strategems.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 39
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/14/2020 8:18:28 PM   
DTurtle

The UI for the eligible forces and the attacking forces needs scroll bars if there are too many units.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 40
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/15/2020 10:06:48 AM   
Saros

Bloody hell turtle got enough units?

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 41
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/15/2020 10:13:01 AM   
Saros

Having an expensive battledress infantry is stopping me raising units with cheap infantry. While I could have designed a new model my inf had great design rolls and lots of field testing. It would be nice to be able to designate a default model to use when you are raising units or maybe default to the cheapest non-obsolete unit model?

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 42
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/15/2020 8:07:25 PM   
DTurtle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros
Bloody hell turtle got enough units?

That was the last major capital in an extreme difficulty game. :)

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 43
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/16/2020 7:57:57 AM   
Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

Having an expensive battledress infantry is stopping me raising units with cheap infantry. While I could have designed a new model my inf had great design rolls and lots of field testing. It would be nice to be able to designate a default model to use when you are raising units or maybe default to the cheapest non-obsolete unit model?

Or move the check on whether or not you have 50% of the items/troops/recruits to the next screen, the one you get to when you click on a unit type?

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 44
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/16/2020 12:36:43 PM   
Vic

@Saros,
Did you try giving those models different Quality Levels and then use the Quality Level Flags to include or exclude some?

@All
Implemented a big number (not all, but most) of things from this thread over the last days. But maybe better you guys make seperate threads for each problem in the future. :)

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 45
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/16/2020 1:47:14 PM   
FAA

Monastry instead of monastery

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 46
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/17/2020 7:11:27 PM   
Templer_12

v1.03-beta5

No space:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bavarian kid)
Post #: 47
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/17/2020 8:18:11 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer_12

v1.03-beta5

No space:

That is a internal keystring. Propably a Enumeration. Their names never have spaces.
Once he starts localizing them, he can add some spaces in the string to use instead.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 48
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/18/2020 12:17:03 AM   
Geezerone

I'm on 1.03-beta5.

I just got black mailed for 0 credits (I had 8838 credits at the time), and I happily paid double for the extra bump in employee adoration! I think this is should be a bug, as you really should not get something, or even double something, for nothing.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 49
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/18/2020 10:42:30 PM   
zgrssd

Text for the Ecoomy Bonus (Public Bonus) claims it increases the Public Assets production where it concerns Private Food and Credits. Propably copy and pasted a bit too much :)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Geezerone)
Post #: 50
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/19/2020 9:22:57 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geezerone

I'm on 1.03-beta5.

I just got black mailed for 0 credits (I had 8838 credits at the time), and I happily paid double for the extra bump in employee adoration! I think this is should be a bug, as you really should not get something, or even double something, for nothing.

Should be fixed in beta6.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Geezerone)
Post #: 51
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/19/2020 9:23:32 AM   
Vic

@zgrs,
Thanks. fixed both textual issues for next open beta.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 52
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/19/2020 11:46:32 AM   
zgrssd

Irregular Truck description says "no one truck is the same".
If you wanted to say 'they all are different' or 'all are unique', then the proper term is:
"No two trucks are the same." Or just one of the other sentence with similar meaning.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/19/2020 11:51:39 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 53
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/19/2020 3:18:23 PM   
zgrssd

1.03 beta 7:
You should not have run a "PP" -> "Political Points (PP)" replace, as it hit the pp in "Happiness":
"HaPolitical Points (PP)iness"

Post #: 54
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 12:16:12 AM   
RoastedTomboy

I'm really enjoying the game but it could use some serious proofreading. There are a lot of awkward sentence fragments, and the game is sometimes inconsistent between British and American spelling. It also isn't sure how formal it should be, for example it sometimes uses overly casual terms like "nuked" or "kills." Some specific points based on v 1.03:

New game
* "First step of Planetary Generation is choosing a planet class." This sentence should start with "The", and why is Planetary Generation capitalized? The next sentence "Below here you'll find your available available choices." should be removed entirely.
* The size labels are silly: small is normal sized and normal is large sized, then large is actually super? Just normal, large and super gets the idea across.
* Hyphenate phrases like "non-water-based type of life."
* In the Biosphere step of planetary generation, it reads better to change the order of the sentence to "This planet started the process of abiogenesis 274 million years ago."
* Creatures should either be described as "resembles a Squid" or "is a Squid analog", but resembling an analog is redundant.
* I'm not sure what "top of evolution lifeform" is supposed to mean. Is the idea "most advanced lifeform"?
* An adjective like "large" should go before one like "aquatic".
* In the Colonization step ("colonisation" and "colonised" if we're being British), the term "Current population" is confusing because it refers to a historical event. How about "prewar population"?
* "Planet is becoming a mining hub in the sector. Creating synergy effects for minors." I think splitting the sentence like this a Dutchism; the clauses should be joined by a comma. The sentence needs to start with "The planet".
* The tense in the History sidebar is inconsistent: in an entry like "7893AD The Sector capitol has been moved to the planet." it sounds like it happened before this year. You probably mean the capital is moved, or better yet make it active voice and say the capital moves. A common tense and voice needs to be decided on and all the entries made consistent.
* I can see the "History sidebar" is a sidebar; why not label it "History" or "Timeline"
* In the Apocalypse step, "never ending small scale skirmishes" should be "never-ending small-scale skirmishes"
* "It is estimated the total loss of life in the Dissolution War and its direct aftermath has claimed over 35 million lives." Either "total loss of life...is" or "the Dissolution War and its direct aftermath claimed" (no "has"), otherwise it sounds like the loss of life is itself claiming lives.
* "Keep in mind that over 196 years have passed since the Dissolution war started. Over the 'dark age' decades that followed the total collapse the Population levels have been under continued stress." Why would I need to be admonished to keep this mind? Why is dark age in quotation marks? (If you don't think it was really a dark age, just don't say so.) Why is Population capitalized? And "under continued stress" seems like a rather gentle and vague way to describe this. It might be better to cut this whole paragraph.
* Another awkward break on the overview before starting. Use a comma to connect "with a tilt 21 degrees" and so on. Also to be consistent, radius should be described like "3758 km", not "kms."
* The population mentioned here doesn't match the "Survivors left" on the previous screen. If that number was from an earlier time that isn't clear, since "survivors left" suggests the present.

Customize
* This should be "Customise" if you want be British.
* "Regime Name & Heraldry" should be "Regime Name and Banner" for consistency (and accuracy, since banners and flags are not strictly heraldry).
* "Flag is monotone" should be "Flag is monochrome".
* All the tooltips here need some punctuation or could be simpler.
* "remainders" is a weird plural, you can say "remainder of humanity" instead. Why is "Wastelands" capitalized?
* Why are "Scavenging" and "Fighting" capitalized??

First turn
* This should probably sound more like a news report: "The previous President was buried today."
* Use a comma: "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."
* Again: "Some subjects cheer your ascension, but not all."
* "You will have to hail and and address the nation as soon as possible." This sentence sounds less awkward if you take out "hail and". Some of the words that can substitute for "nation" don't work in this sentence, like I've seen "address the domain".
* "A new zeitgeist wanders through the land." sounds weird. A zeitgeist is not like a ghost that haunts people, and we usually just say that something is the zeitgeist, without using it as an active agent. You could say "a new spirit is spreading through the land."
* For "Your Organisations/Factions generated the following Strategems this turn:" it would be be better to replace the / with and.

Reports
* In the Demand Overview, as an example "Merchant Society demands that our average Population Happiness to reach at least 51%." the to needs to be deleted.
* In the Formation Types Overview, for consistency "OOBs" should be "Formation Types".
* In the Prospecting Overview, "There are 0 Zone(s) where we think we can still discover Deposits." should just start with "There are 0 Zones", since 0 takes a plural. I haven't checked if the text is the same with 1, but if it is then it'll still be incorrect since "are" does not match. If it's going to be incorrect either way it can at least be simple.
* In the Victory Overview, the plural of "axis" should be "axes". But it seems more obvious to use this space to explain that the average of the Populace % (why not Population %?) and Planet % is the victory score.

Miscellaneous
* In the opening crawl, "It was a time... where" should be "It was a time... when"
* Use commas, in the Chemical High stratagem: "A new doctor is in town, selling pills of many colors and many pleasures.
* "Click to go to capitol of this regime" should be capital.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 55
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 1:18:48 AM   
Tonzint

Typo 'pubic employment'.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Comradebiggles)
Post #: 56
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 2:35:41 PM   
zgrssd

I got the "Demagogue in City" event and actually manage to arrest the guy - not easy given it is vs 2D100.
However the tooltip texxt is a bit wierd. I guess you wanted to have one of 4 random choices there, but the string is not resolved that way:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 57
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 3:39:06 PM   
YppY

quote:

Erklarungswagen (or rather Erklärungswagen) would translate as "Explanation car".

A better word would be "Spähwagen", which is the official name of the reconnaissance vehicle used in the German army.

I think it is a spelling mistake and it should have been Aufklärungswagen, which translates to reconnaissance vehicle.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 58
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 3:40:55 PM   
YppY

Minor thing, but maybe make it so that waterfall turbines do not appear on water-less planets.

(in reply to YppY)
Post #: 59
RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues - 6/21/2020 8:17:53 PM   
Tchey

I think it should be : ADMINISTRATION

(in reply to YppY)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> RE: Typos, grammar and misc issues Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI