Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/23/2021 4:50:21 AM   
Denniss

AI should also adhere to the rules regarding a/c upgrades otherwise it would be a bug.

(in reply to DeletedUser44)
Post #: 31
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/23/2021 4:59:03 AM   
Denniss

AI should also adhere to the rules regarding a/c upgrades otherwise it would be a bug.

Post #: 32
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/23/2021 6:39:35 AM   
DeletedUser44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

I think the answer is going to be yes. I believe all of the AI AC units are set to "auto" upgrade by default.

I am routinely annoyed that my latest AC models get sucked up by the "auto" upgrade AC in the TBs before I even get a shot at them. But it may only be a 1 turn lead instead of 4 for "auto". I will double check.

EDIT
----

Well this is an August 24th 1941 turn where the AI has upgraded a couple of ACs to BF 109F-4s.

As a player, I am not allowed to manually upgrade any of my ACs to them yet.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sauron_II -- 11/23/2021 6:50:46 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 33
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/23/2021 12:47:13 PM   
wkuh

Can't seem to get this loaded. I did get 1.02.01beta but can't repeat the process. I am registered and have an original hard disk. There doesn't seem to be a placquard for this one. Any clues?

Post #: 34
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/24/2021 2:56:42 AM   
cblattmann

The new image that was added, 0226 PZL 23B (RU), has a Romanian flag on the image but in the dat file (should the exported CSV be believed) it is associated (wrongly I think) with Bulgaria. The value of nat is 7 rather than 4.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 35
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/24/2021 10:42:43 AM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: cblattmann

The new image that was added, 0226 PZL 23B (RU), has a Romanian flag on the image but in the dat file (should the exported CSV be believed) it is associated (wrongly I think) with Bulgaria. The value of nat is 7 rather than 4.

Ups and fixed.

(in reply to cblattmann)
Post #: 36
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/26/2021 3:42:05 AM   
cblattmann

This is not particularly about this Beta, but just thought to bring this up. When you for example click on 'Support Level' in the HQ tab of the Commander Report, and you realize it is not something you want to do, there is no way to close this dialog box without changing the support level for all displayed HQs. When you click X to cancel, the Support Level for all HQ units is set to 0. I think you should be able to close this dialog box by clicking X without effecting any settings. Only when you click the check mark the support levels should change.

The same happens when you change the supply priority in the CR. Cancel the dialog box by pressing X sets it to zero rather than just close the dialog box and leave the value as it was. This might be true for every instance where you can edit a value in the CR.

< Message edited by cblattmann -- 11/26/2021 4:33:45 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 37
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/26/2021 7:15:00 PM   
dgrimes

In the new beta patch I never see "normal" ground combat. The air phase of combat works fine, but even when the combat message resolution level is set at 7 (using the preferences screen), the infantry combat will flash by, with a visual display of much less than 0.5 seconds. The one exception to this is AFV combat when the combat display is normal.

Do you want me to save the game mid-turn and send it to you? Then you could run an infantry attack and see what happens.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 38
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/26/2021 11:12:36 PM   
Joel Billings

I haven't been able to get this to repeat in any consistent manner. You can post a save in a tech support thread and tell me what to do, but unfortunately odds are it won't replicate for me.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to dgrimes)
Post #: 39
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 11/28/2021 3:56:47 PM   
KenchiSulla

Hi Joel, I have the same problem as dgrimes. Left the game running for a few hours (unexpected visitors) without playing and when I returned pressing 1-7 doesn't matter, it just runs through the combat as if @ status 1.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5108117&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by KenchiSulla -- 11/28/2021 3:59:44 PM >

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 40
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 12/3/2021 1:51:40 AM   
Hardradi

• New rule - A mission generated by a ground attack air directive that is performing an attack on a unit has a chance of having the mission converted to an interdiction attack. The chance of switching to interdiction increases with the number of movement points expended by the unit in the unit’s prior turn, and increases against units smaller than divisions.

I been testing this out in a live game and I dont really like the change. The miss ratio where a GA turns to interdiction seems to be about 40% to 60%, probably more to the higher end. Its early days but I do not see and tangible difference in this ratio for units that have not moved (try it out on T1 or T2 on a frozen southern front). I have also bombed pocketed units and again, I do not see much difference in this ratio. Why the hell would I want to interdict a pocketed unit?

Also what are the real in game benefits of interdiction in clear terrain? It has zero effect on unit movement and zero effect on truck freight movement. The latter, I understand is the major determinant for truck loss from attrition. I thought air power was more devastating in clear terrain as their is less hard and soft cover for the defender. This rule gives the opposite result as interdiction in denser terrain has a tangible visible effect in the game.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 41
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 12/4/2021 1:42:47 PM   
heliodorus04

Deleted because nobody cares what I think

< Message edited by heliodorus04 -- 12/4/2021 1:44:08 PM >

Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders

Post #: 42
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 12/4/2021 1:59:18 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

Also what are the real in game benefits of interdiction in clear terrain? It has zero effect on unit movement and zero effect on truck freight movement. The latter, I understand is the major determinant for truck loss from attrition. I thought air power was more devastating in clear terrain as their is less hard and soft cover for the defender. This rule gives the opposite result as interdiction in denser terrain has a tangible visible effect in the game.

interdiction hits any movement out of the hex, so it hits truck moves but in the logistics phase. In other words impossible to track. The problem is the impact of interdiction <3 is slow, it will degrade the targetted side but it'll be some time before that builds up.

I managed to spectacularly lose a WiTW game when my opponent settled down to steadily running 3-4 interdiction over the German forces in Italy. At the time all a bit so what, by mid-44 I had a crippling truck shortage.

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 43
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 12/4/2021 2:11:44 PM   
tm1

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

Deleted because nobody cares what I think

A few things, firstly your username and avatar are familiar, not only from this forum but from WITE1 forum.

Also I am just a PVE player and while I do post but not that regular, I do try to read what is happening and if there are issues and bugs or ideas put forward by people in the know so it can help the game be better by sharing info.

So if you got a thought or idea post it.

regards

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 44
RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available - 12/5/2021 7:11:54 AM   
Hardradi

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

interdiction hits any movement out of the hex, so it hits truck moves but in the logistics phase. In other words impossible to track. The problem is the impact of interdiction <3 is slow, it will degrade the targetted side but it'll be some time before that builds up.

I managed to spectacularly lose a WiTW game when my opponent settled down to steadily running 3-4 interdiction over the German forces in Italy. At the time all a bit so what, by mid-44 I had a crippling truck shortage.

I had a look through some of the WitW posts...looks like I will have to add interdiction to the repertoire.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: New v01.02.06 Public Beta Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI