Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/16/2000 6:37:00 PM   
Jeff_Hradkowsky

How about in the scenarios where there are offshore ships bombing, actually showing the ships with the ability to have an airstrike against them! And when a bomb or bullets hit in a water area the appropriate graphics to represent that? One more thing, how about having air cover to defend against attacking enemy aircraft?

M.J.! We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 121
- 6/16/2000 7:37:00 PM   
O de B

Stug i disagree infantry yells sometimes in SPWaW.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 122
- 6/16/2000 7:45:00 PM   
Fabs

They do, but you can hardly hear them! Casualties on the battlefield as in Close Combat would be cool! What about an animation of crews bailing out of stricken AFVs, some with hteir clothes on fire? ------------------ Fabs

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 123
- 6/16/2000 7:49:00 PM   
troopie

The ability to have more than one unit participate in a close assault. I'd like to have two or three squads be able to attack a location from different locations. As far as shouting, you've no doubt noticed, when you get incoming arty fire from the AI,, you hear shouting. It's just below the range of recognisability. When your artillery, you hear the battery captain's whistle blowing. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 124
- 6/17/2000 12:01:00 AM   
Panther

Another thing that would be cool is the detail of steel panthers but maybe a 3/4 view from the top. I would also like to see residual fire in hexes between target and firing unit.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 125
- 6/17/2000 12:33:00 AM   
Stug

Yes Fabs thats what I'm talking about like Close Combat. And I like the idea of people bailing out on fire from a blown up vehicle. Lets bring back some of the carnage, chaos and violent horror to wargames. No game has done this right yet.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 126
- 6/17/2000 1:17:00 AM   
Umberto

Why not increase the Databse the actual one is a bit confining and can lead to semplifications or omittement of models or infantry ------------------ Best Regards Umberto

Best Regards Umberto

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 127
- 6/17/2000 7:38:00 AM   
U235

A few of the members mentioned PBEM campaign games and discussed balancing the play so it wouldn't eventualy become a slaughter. First let me add my vote for this feature too, great idea. I think I might have a simple solution to the problem. In addition to "taking care of your forces", how about letting the loser of the last battle pick the next type of battle (via a toggle). They can pick assualt, meeting or delay. I think I'd leave out defend as a choice (or maybe trigger it's activation if the core values got excessively disproportionate. Heck, this maybe doable for v 3.0.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 128
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI