Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/9/2004 4:31:43 AM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toivo

BryanMelvin:
I assumed units with no weapons (even without small arms) just can't assault. Haven't played SPWAW for ages though, just H2H.

As for planes case might be that target moved and another unit took it's place and got targeted instead thus. Quite possible as I doubt plane is smart enough to hunt few hundred meters off flying direction...

Yes after a test of this, the unarmed crew unit assaulting AVFs seems to be a bug. I am not sure this can be fixed in mech.exe.

Let me know more about the planes if you see anything else.

(in reply to Toivo)
Post #: 61
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/9/2004 8:05:10 PM   
VikingNo2

The crews are fighting again like they did in 7.1

(in reply to BryanMelvin)
Post #: 62
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/12/2004 6:02:36 PM   
DzrtFox

Well I just wanted to chime in with my .02 ...

After spending the weekend (and I mean the WHOLE weekend) playing 8.2, I've gotta say that I am in love with it. I don't know much about the historical accuracy of the OOBs and whatnot, but the game is a blast to play and steals time at an alarming rate. It still boggles my mind that such a fine game is available free.

Thank you Matrix!

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 63
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/12/2004 8:56:45 PM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

ORIGINAL: DzrtFox

Well I just wanted to chime in with my .02 ...

After spending the weekend (and I mean the WHOLE weekend) playing 8.2, I've gotta say that I am in love with it. I don't know much about the historical accuracy of the OOBs and whatnot, but the game is a blast to play and steals time at an alarming rate. It still boggles my mind that such a fine game is available free.

Thank you Matrix!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Alot of hard work went into this update and I a glad so many are enjoying a renewed interest in game!!

There should be a minor (optional) oob update out soon that fixes the German PZ IV G end date error as well correct the missing "P" from TROOP spelling in UK oobs. The Polish OOB is being corrected too.

That is about it for fixes at the moment. If anyone else catches anything else that slipped through the cracks, let me know asap - email me at bryanm@matrixames.com.

Other than a few minor items that slipped throught the cracks, enjoy the game!

(in reply to DzrtFox)
Post #: 64
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/12/2004 11:42:55 PM   
Thrashman

I know one thing for sure, this game is broke somehow. Every single time I sit down to play this thing I just get so frustrated trying to figure it out. It's totaly baffeling.

Everytime, I mean everytime I start a new game or load a saved one, I start to play and BAM, I go through some kind of time warp or worm hole or something cause when I sat down it was maybe 8:00 pm, I start a game and BAM....it's 2:30 am...... I'm telling you right now that if Matrix doesn't fix this, I'm calling the Government and reporting that Matrix games has developed some sort of time machine or something like that.

Oh and the missing files....I can't seem to get to the point where I have noticed.

Post #: 65
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/13/2004 6:35:27 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thrashman

I know one thing for sure, this game is broke somehow. Every single time I sit down to play this thing I just get so frustrated trying to figure it out. It's totaly baffeling.

Everytime, I mean everytime I start a new game or load a saved one, I start to play and BAM, I go through some kind of time warp or worm hole or something cause when I sat down it was maybe 8:00 pm, I start a game and BAM....it's 2:30 am...... I'm telling you right now that if Matrix doesn't fix this, I'm calling the Government and reporting that Matrix games has developed some sort of time machine or something like that.

Oh and the missing files....I can't seem to get to the point where I have noticed.

It's a damned conspiracy. Same thing happens to me. Sit down Saturday afternoon to view the forums, play some email games finish a campaign or two and suddenly it's Tuesday!

At this rate I should be celebrating my next birthday in 2010 or so. Bloody amazing!

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Thrashman)
Post #: 66
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/13/2004 9:49:34 AM   
Losqualo

Same here!

I think that's the reason for Matrix not to charge anything for that game - you can't demand your money back!

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 67
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/13/2004 3:29:28 PM   
Alby

The germans can buy only single ammo trucks.
dont know if this was intentional or not??

Post #: 68
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/13/2004 5:19:41 PM   
Losqualo

Alas the SdKfz's 11/1 and 252 are in other OOB's.
But please don't ask me why.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 69
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/13/2004 5:38:25 PM   
Resisti

It was decided to create ammo trucks sections for each nation, made by a single vehicle, since these are very costly equipment, and this way there would be more flexibility in the purchase. Then, where space permitted, sections made by 2 vehicles were reintroduced, too. I think German OOB was more than full, already

In any case, you can always buy the single-ammo truck section, and obtain the same result

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 70
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/14/2004 9:39:39 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toivo

BryanMelvin:
I assumed units with no weapons (even without small arms) just can't assault. Haven't played SPWAW for ages though, just H2H.

As for planes case might be that target moved and another unit took it's place and got targeted instead thus. Quite possible as I doubt plane is smart enough to hunt few hundred meters off flying direction...

Toivo, you need to be a lil bit more clear! You stated you "din´t play SPWAW for ages, just H2H". Do you mean you refered to Panzer Leo´s H2H mod and not SPWAW V8.2??

However, "close assault" capability is tied to unit classes and not directly to available unit weapons (..although AT weapons, if available help considerably)! For this reason, the "civilian" style units in Norway OOBs special units section is classed as "Ski infantry", which has no inbuilt "close assault" capability! With very few exceptions most infantry type units have a "chance" for close assaulting vehicles, even those obviously unarmed.

Some info on close assaulting can be found in the manual page 64.

Aircraft targeting: it´s mostly random with most likelyhood that vehicles or forts are attacked, even if friendly! It´s not a bug, it´s a feature that is described in the manual page 73. Make a document search and you´ll find even more info on the topic. Beside that, the games "air attack" routines have some known problems for sure (providing sighting info for own units to opponent, ..inability to hide vehicles/forts in cover terrain) since quite a long time, not just V8.2
Make a forum search on the topic and be prepared to have dozens of threads showing up!

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Toivo)
Post #: 71
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/14/2004 9:48:08 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Losqualo

Alas the SdKfz's 11/1 and 252 are in other OOB's.
But please don't ask me why.

for scenario/Megacam backwards compatibility maybe? The two ammo carriers are in the czech OOB since a long time and also the Mega cam LV makes use of these units from this OOB. So just as you want "your" ammo carriers in the german OOB, LV Megacam s/b screwed? In the other forum you asked to remove some minor vehicle variants in order to make room for extra heavy artillery and....(german) Mine clearing tanks? I rather think you just feel quite comfortable beeing part of the local "complainers" group and actually have nothing constructive to tell.

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 72
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/14/2004 9:52:38 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Same here!

I think that's the reason for Matrix not to charge anything for that game - you can't demand your money back!

Dude, you better make some research on Steel Panthers and Matrixgames/Camo group development, before making any such silly comments!

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 73
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/14/2004 10:21:43 PM   
Losqualo

Well, maybe you should just read and think and think again before replying...

And living with a portion of humor and sarcasm wouldn't make your life more difficult either.

My suggestions for the German OOB's was in regards of an OOB set for PBEM purposes only. Sorry but I didn't know that you could play a Mega Campain by E-mail.

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 74
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/14/2004 11:10:27 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Well, maybe you should just read and think and think again before replying...

And living with a portion of humor and sarcasm wouldn't make your life more difficult either.

Humor, sarcasm, and what else dude? Beside that this thread deals with V8.2 impressions and not any possible PBEM version of it. Did you try Panzer Leo´s H2H Fr mod at any time?

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 75
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/15/2004 1:42:02 AM   
Jamminji

[/quote]

Humor, sarcasm, and what else dude? Beside that this thread deals with V8.2 impressions and not any possible PBEM version of it. Did you try Panzer Leo´s H2H Fr mod at any time?
[/quote]

Not quite sure what this means? I thought 8.2 can be used for PBEM. Especially with the new mod swapper. Is 8.2 only for battles against AI?

jam

Post #: 76
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/15/2004 9:45:20 AM   
Losqualo

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

I didn't bring up the PBEM topic over here, I was merely

a) responding Albys question

and

b) responding to your post.

I tried H2H at some time in the past, but didn't get too deep into it because I had the impression that you need totally different tactics, with the missing willy-meter and so on. And since it took me a long time to develop tactics for the normal version, I was fraid to spoil them .

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamminji

Not quite sure what this means? I thought 8.2 can be used for PBEM. Especially with the new mod swapper. Is 8.2 only for battles against AI?

jam

Jamminji,

You can play by E-mail with 8.2. But some people think that while the OOB's are nearly perfect to play against the AI, the could use some tweaking for PBEM. That's why the idea of a "Depot OOB set" came up.

Post #: 77
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/17/2004 8:26:02 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

jam

No, off course V8.2 is for both PBEM and AI play. I thought Losqualo was already referring to a specialized PBEM version of V8.2 and I suggested Panzer Leo´s H2H mod would be the perfect choice! I hope Panzer Leo makes an update for V8.2 as well (H2H Fr was for V7.1!).

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 78
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/17/2004 8:31:50 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

quote:

I didn't bring up the PBEM topic over here, I was merely

a) responding Albys question

and

b) responding to your post.

I tried H2H at some time in the past, but didn't get too deep into it because I had the impression that you need totally different tactics, with the missing willy-meter and so on. And since it took me a long time to develop tactics for the normal version, I was fraid to spoil them .

quote:

jam

Jamminji,

You can play by E-mail with 8.2. But some people think that while the OOB's are nearly perfect to play against the AI, the could use some tweaking for PBEM. That's why the idea of a "Depot OOB set" came up.

Ok, I calm down now. All I can say again, If you want any particular "improvements" that require changes that kill backwards scenario and mega cam compatibility, then make your own custom OOB, agree with your team mates what works and what does not, test it couple of houndred hours (vs. AI and H2H, side effects ect) and have it finally ripped by other SPWAW players again.

Have fun

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 79
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/19/2004 5:08:33 AM   
KG Erwin

Transposition error in Russian OOB--units 110 & 111 have their costs reversed. So, the 122mm should cost 54, and the 152mm should be 75. This fix will be in the patch, of course, but you guys can go ahead and fix it manually, if you wish.

Post #: 80
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/19/2004 11:47:20 AM   
Losqualo

quote:

then make your own custom OOB, agree with your team mates what works and what does not, test it couple of houndred hours (vs. AI and H2H, side effects ect) and have it finally ripped by other SPWAW players again.

Have fun

Now that was sarcasm!

Post #: 81
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/20/2004 2:44:59 AM   
VikingNo2

I like 8.2 you just have to play differently than you do in the other versions, I especially like the more deadly infantry combat. I would like the crew toned down to 8.01 and H2H levels.

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 82
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/20/2004 10:15:36 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanMelvin

There should be a minor (optional) oob update out soon that fixes the German PZ IV G end date error as well correct the missing "P" from TROOP spelling in UK oobs. The Polish OOB is being corrected too.

That is about it for fixes at the moment. If anyone else catches anything else that slipped through the cracks, let me know asap - email me at bryanm@matrixames.com.

Other than a few minor items that slipped throught the cracks, enjoy the game!

Hi Brian, i tried emailing you but got a returned email error note. So i'll just post it here. thx and keep up the good work.....!

along with Pz-IVg fix, might it be possilbe to also fix the Sherman gun penetration incongruity i mentioned prior to release? You have some 76mm armed Shermans being given a 144 max pen value, while the same tank/gun in a different OOB (example, US Marines) has a value of 124.

All sources i've tapped, most notably Lorrin Bird's Ballistics book, specifies a 124mm value for the various 76mm guns. It'd be nice if this could be corrected.

Post #: 83
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/21/2004 6:45:47 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

quote:

then make your own custom OOB, agree with your team mates what works and what does not, test it couple of houndred hours (vs. AI and H2H, side effects ect) and have it finally ripped by other SPWAW players again.

Have fun

Now that was sarcasm!

Now that you mention it!

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 84
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/21/2004 6:50:34 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: VikingNo2

I like 8.2 you just have to play differently than you do in the other versions, I especially like the more deadly infantry combat. I would like the crew toned down to 8.01 and H2H levels.

Beside the shift of weapon in slot 1 to slot 2 (to avoid excessive smoke throwing), actually nothing was changed with the crews in V8.2! Maybe your "elite" crew spawned from an elite tank/vehicle??

same counts for infantry. Why is it more deadly!??

RockinHarry in the web:

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 85
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/21/2004 9:37:27 PM   
Goblin

RH, I am getting crews assaulting tanks like crazy too. Are you sure they did not change?

Goblin

Post #: 86
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/22/2004 4:40:20 AM   
KG Erwin

They didn't change, Goblin. This is a problem that has existed for years. The only thing you can do is make sure that those crews are killed. It's ruthless, but it is necessary. Kill them all and add them to your units' body count tally. There are few white flags here, Goblin. You know that. No quarter is received or given.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 87
RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES - 7/22/2004 4:50:10 AM   
Goblin

I have to say, I have been playing the game for years also, KG. I am well aware of the crew assault problem. When their primary weapon slot was shifted to #2, and their smoke grenades were taken, they also seemed to almost never assault. Now they not only assault, but they do so with 30% chances. I do not recall this happening in 8.0-8.1. Are you sure nothing has changed?

Goblin

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 88
Another wrong date? - 7/22/2004 11:33:21 AM   
Losqualo

While checking the dates for the Depot OOB set, I found another major error, regarding Unit#101, SdKfz 250/1. Currently it's available from May 1940 on, while my references state that mass production started in June 1941.

< Message edited by Losqualo -- 7/22/2004 12:38:50 PM >

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 89
RE: Another wrong date? - 7/23/2004 3:05:34 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Losqualo. We'll fix this.

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: SCENARIOS MISSING FILES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI