Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Impressions of 8.2?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Impressions of 8.2? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impressions of 8.2? - 9/7/2004 7:59:48 PM   
Riun T

Thanks,Gunny I was just looking at "Fidel" and I think I'm gonna try it with Max. range on 5 hexes to challange myself I'll post the results....RT

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 121
RE: Impressions of 8.2? - 9/10/2004 6:19:14 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: CAPT Steve Rogers

Impressions...

The M3/M5 series tanks used to have a problem in 7.x with the fire effect being that of an autocannon. Now, I see the Panther G doing it.

When I keep a Sherman company in reserve, they seem to suffer bad morale spontaneously. I'm still playing out my first campaign, the crews are all veteran or elite, but when sitting in laager, waiting to be committed, *stacked together* as platoons, randomly (it seems) a single vehicle in each stack will suddenly go from zero suppression to 80+.

Driving into buildings is a problem again for vehicles.

And with a 1.3 ghz, 368 MB ram, WinXP machine, I crash to desktop after 7 turns. *Every game*, like clockwork.

That said, I love the improvements, keep up the good work. Sorry for the rant, but I didn't see any threads for issues.

Oh, when I laod the game, it says my version number is 9.5

Velovich

Where do you have that 9.5 version from?? Sounds very much like a corrupted or maybe hacked mech.exe file to me!

Harry, Win 2000 displays 8.2 as 9.5, for some unknown reason. I have 8.2 on my work PC, from a proper download, and it indeed shows 9.5. My second home PC uses Win XP, and the burnt-to-CD same install shows 8.2 correctly. Portuguese Mercenary doesn't have a corrupted download. There is just some weirdness happening with some newer PCs and SPWaW. The tech wizards are looking at it, but I don't think it's a problem with the mech.exe itself. I believe the truth is that SPWaW is getting too old to properly run on many of today's high-powered PCs. We knew it had to happen sooner or later, but the same problem is happening with many other older PC games.

thanks, didn´t know about those problems with SPWAW running on Win2000/XP systems. No wonder, I still run Win98 and don´t yet intend to change.

What I meant to say was that hacking the mech.exe file is easily possible when it just comes to change version numbers! IE Panzer Leo´s H2H Mod shows what simple Hex editing can do (beside changing version info from "version 7.1" to "H2H fr 7.1").

As said, it appears to be a particular Win2000 problem showing SPWAW version number to be 9.5! Odd...

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 122
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Impressions of 8.2? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI