Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 3:33:55 AM   
IronDuke_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

quote:

ORIGINAL: CommC

Another thing I would like to add to the wish list (which should be fairly simple to code) is multi-hex patrol zones for ASW TFs and submarines. This could also be extended to surface combat TFs, although I don't want to open any cans of worms.

What is on the list is an option that would work a lot like the Continuous Supply option except it would be Continuous Patrol for ASW. The ASW TF would be given a DH and it would patrol back and forth between that hex and its homeport. Because submarine contact is checked for each hex, the ASW TF would be "patrolling" each hex it passes through.

Kid,
Fabulous idea if you can get it in. There are all sorts of straits and choke points and so on that would benefit from an ASW TF prowling back and forth.

Regards,
IronDuke

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 181
RE: Wish List - 7/19/2004 3:36:10 AM   
pad152

Grotius

quote:

I'd like to see the computer select more sensible destinations for crippled TFs. Right now it defaults to the home base, even if there's a suitable port closer by.

If this is true it's a bug! the computer AI should now dock damaged ships in the nearest size three port! This was my biggest complaint in UV where 30% or more ships were lost because the AI didn't manage damaged ships.

< Message edited by pad152 -- 7/19/2004 1:36:43 AM >

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 182
RE: Wish List - 7/19/2004 3:47:31 AM   
myros

It seems to be not considering what is between it and the nearest size 3 then, which may be harder to code of course.

eg. I damaged 2 Japanaese BBs just south of the PI, the AI already owned manila but rather than head that way through safe waters (it owned all of the PI) it headed west through the straights to the ports it ownded south of singapore. Taking it past 3 of my bases with many planesm subs, PTs etc ..needless to say they never made it home.

As far as my wish for the patch .... waypoints!! :) I see the AI is now using refuel waypoints in the autoconvoy system I would like the same ability for all my TFs ... its just basic navigation ..go here then here. Pretty much the way to plot a course since sails were invented. And it would cut down a little more on uneeded micromangement.

Myros

< Message edited by myros -- 7/19/2004 1:49:40 AM >

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 183
RE: wish list for patch - 7/19/2004 5:11:10 AM   
Vaevictis_386

When you click on an airfield you get a great chart of all the air units. Awesome improvement over UV in the way one can sort the units and see their missions on the chart.

In the next patch, could we get something to allow us to see a similar chart for all the planes on all the carriers in a TF?

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:40:09 AM >

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 184
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 6:21:44 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CommC

Another thing I would like to add to the wish list (which should be fairly simple to code) is multi-hex patrol zones for ASW TFs and submarines. This could also be extended to surface combat TFs, although I don't want to open any cans of worms.

What is on the list is an option that would work a lot like the Continuous Supply option except it would be Continuous Patrol for ASW. The ASW TF would be given a DH and it would patrol back and forth between that hex and its homeport. Because submarine contact is checked for each hex, the ASW TF would be "patrolling" each hex it passes through.

Kid,
Fabulous idea if you can get it in. There are all sorts of straits and choke points and so on that would benefit from an ASW TF prowling back and forth.

Regards,
IronDuke

And for those wanting to control Subs... maybe a continous Sub patrol so you could set 1 or a group of 2 to go to, stay then go to re arm-refuel and go back to certain areas..

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to IronDuke_slith)
Post #: 185
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 1:45:22 PM   
Xargun

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but when you pull up the unit screen at a base can the fatigue and disruption be listed there as well ? It would make figuring out which units are ready for a fight and which are not much easier without having to look through each and every unit.

Xargun

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:43:12 AM >

Post #: 186
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 3:24:39 PM   
Antonius

Also about ground forces:

1) give us some help identifying on the map and/or in base screens which units have movement orders.

2) give an estimated arrival time at the objective

3) from the base screen give us a list of ground units ordered to move to it

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but when you pull up the unit screen at a base can the fatigue and disruption be listed there as well ? It would make figuring out which units are ready for a fight and which are not much easier without having to look through each and every unit.

Xargun

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 187
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 3:57:03 PM   
GBirkn

A couple of additional thoughts:

-- It would be very helpful to be able to filter the lists of all ground units and all land-based air units by HQ attachment (CentPac, SoPac, etc.). Ideally, this would work along with the current type filters, so that you could easily get a list of, say, all Infantry units attached to SWPac.

it already does this

-- When clicking on the name of a ship in the future ship arrival list, the class of the ship should be displayed.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:44:26 AM >

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman

(in reply to Antonius)
Post #: 188
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/19/2004 4:22:17 PM   
WhoCares

It would be nice to see (and sort the according list) of the various kinds of commanders according to the job they are best at. There seem to be few Air Transport commanders and if you feel like assigning one to a squad it might take you a while to click through the whole list...

Generally, the sort functionality could be extended. E.g. in a list of planes of a base, you might want to sort them by plane type and number of planes ready.

For Air Combat TFs it would be nice to have a list of all air units (maybe with an option to see CV-based units only). For Air Groups on a CV it would nice to see the mission they are assigned to.

On the air units display, it would be nice to see which groups are on night/day missions.

(in reply to GBirkn)
Post #: 189
RE: wish list for patch - 7/19/2004 6:53:08 PM   
DrewMatrix

When making a new TF it would be faster if I could at least doubleclick on the mission (Transport, Surface Combat etc) and go straight to the list of ships to add, without having to click that "done" button at the bottom of the list of missions.

Actually I don't see any reason for that button at all. And having to move the mouse down to accurately click that tiny button is one extra time waster, particularly when making several TFs, for example with the Subs at a base

It's there for those of us who don't always select the Mission we really wanted. Its gives us the oppertunity to change it before moving on.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 5:07:48 PM >

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 190
RE: wish list for patch - 7/19/2004 10:46:44 PM   
DrewMatrix

How about letting players destroy stockpiles of supply/fuel/resournces and oil?

There should be limits. You can probably only dump so much per turn, perhaps a function of the total manpower (+ a boost for Engineers) in the base.

And there could, perhaps, be a PP cost, particularly for destroying ABDA Oil.

Abd you might make it only possible once there is an enemy LCU actually in the hex with your base.

Me, I am running all this Oil from the ABDA region to northern Australia the first couple of months of the war, just to keep the Japanese from using it.

Sorry, but this issue was debated forever during the development and the solution was to let Eng units damage the base when its capture. This will not be changed.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 5:05:31 PM >

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 191
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 12:16:03 AM   
dtravel

When sending ships on Mine Warfare missions, I'd like the confirmation message to say whether the ships are going to LAY or SWEEP mines. The difference can be rather important.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 192
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 12:36:49 AM   
Tenzan

Please, please add previous and next buttons to the database viewer, Looking at all the cruisers, or the like and comparing them is extremely tedious...extremely

already on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:46:58 AM >

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 193
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 2:05:30 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

1. I looked and did not see this posted, but if it is, I apologize.

In any campaign, playing either the Japanese or Americans
1. from the main map
2. I click on an airfield icon, it brings up a list of planes at the base
3. I click on a plane squadron, look at its details and then click on the back button
4. It takes me to the main map screen again.

Isn't suppose to take me back to the list of planes at the current base instead? It's a minor bug, just annoying I guess, but thought I would mention it.

2. I would be nice to be able to recon or do something to know what the port and airfield ratings are on the beaches or the red dots that mark places that bases can be built. Knowing what the future values are is realistic in the sense that the US would send engineers out to find an island to support its army. As of right now it seems like its a guess in order to find out whether you are going to be able to build a big enough port or airfield there. Thanks

(in reply to Tenzan)
Post #: 194
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 2:58:34 AM   
Xargun

Any idea when this patch will be available ? Even a rough guess would be nice.

Xargun

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 195
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 3:48:09 AM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadDawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Turn resolution will continue to get slower as more stuff gets added. Can't really be helped. Everything adds to the duration of a turn.

If possible, any chance of loosing the on screen message that adds a game 'pause' to processing things like 'Spitting Task Forces', etc, and just keep the pauase for important things to the player like battles and recon reports?

I like a longer pause so I can actually read the recon reports but at the moment I find that I am having to constantly skip these things that dont really matter to the player and Im not really interested in. If you dont skip these they add to a turn considerably.

Dawg

quote:

Point Luck

If you give me a specific list of the items you would like to see removed, I'll add it to the list.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to MadDawg)
Post #: 196
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 3:57:45 AM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

When sending ships on Mine Warfare missions, I'd like the confirmation message to say whether the ships are going to LAY or SWEEP mines. The difference can be rather important.

AMEN! And it would be doubly nice if a Mine Laying Mission had a "pick target" feature
so you could be sure of putting the mine-field exactly where you mean to.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 197
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 4:00:34 AM   
infinitejest

Another wish:

It'd be really nice to see secondary mission indicated in the List All Naval Aircraft and List All LBA displays, especially since so many planes are often on Naval attack and performing a critical secondary mission also.

So the wish is either:
1) add a Secondary Mission column to these displays
2) or add a mnemonic to the Mission column that represents the secondary mission (for example Naval-A, Naval-P, Naval-Re, Naval-Rs for Naval attack missions with secondary missions Airfield, Port, Recon, and Rest respectively).

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:50:25 AM >

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 198
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 4:07:19 AM   
latosusi

And transparent window when ordering destinations?

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 199
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 5:00:13 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

2. I would be nice to be able to recon or do something to know what the port and airfield ratings are on the beaches or the red dots that mark places that bases can be built. Knowing what the future values are is realistic in the sense that the US would send engineers out to find an island to support its army. As of right now it seems like its a guess in order to find out whether you are going to be able to build a big enough port or airfield there. Thanks

If you hover the pointer over the dot, a "rollover" text should appear listing the SRS of the potential port and airfield. At least, it does in my copy.

Post #: 200
RE: ASW patrol - 7/20/2004 5:28:23 AM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomo

Dear Kid.
Please have a look "Post Map and OOB Comments Here " thread as well.

Others are asigned to those. Pry is working the OOB thread.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Tomo)
Post #: 201
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 5:29:30 AM   
siRkid

quote:

Xargun

Any day now.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 202
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 5:45:45 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

nope, it just shows the value to Japan and the Allies. The word port or airfield do not show up on the roll over. If I click on the dot and the base screen comes up, for all of the dots it says 0(0) for the port and 0(0) for the airfield.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 203
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 5:50:46 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

nope, it just shows the value to Japan and the Allies. The word port or airfield do not show up on the roll over. If I click on the dot and the base screen comes up, for all of the dots it says 0(0) for the port and 0(0) for the airfield.

Oops! You're right, it doesn't. Sorry 'bout that.

Post #: 204
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 7:48:09 AM   
Xargun

quote:

quote:

Xargun

Any day now.

And I'm assuming we'll have a nice big list of changes / fixes when its released ?

Xargun

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 205
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 8:05:44 AM   
MadDawg

And hopefully an updated manual in the future too

Post #: 206
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 11:46:56 AM   
Rainerle

Hi,
what i would like to have is a sort of diary with all intel reports listed chronologically.
This report could be searched for locations, units etc. Or these locations, units etc. would be highlighted and when clicked on i would get an abstract witk all info on this speciaö unit, location etc.
Also definite ship reports would be nice. e.g. CA Mogami is docked at Singapore.

But then, I'm probably dreamin'

Image brought to you by courtesy of Subchaser!

(in reply to MadDawg)
Post #: 207
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 12:50:09 PM   
soeren01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainerle

Hi,
what i would like to have is a sort of diary with all intel reports listed chronologically.
This report could be searched for locations, units etc. Or these locations, units etc. would be highlighted and when clicked on i would get an abstract witk all info on this speciaö unit, location etc.
Also definite ship reports would be nice. e.g. CA Mogami is docked at Singapore.

But then, I'm probably dreamin'

This report diary is something that could be programmed externally. I'll have a look at it.

soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

(in reply to Rainerle)
Post #: 208
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 3:32:28 PM   
mutterfudder

How bout a list that shows all new arrivels so ya don't have to go from base to base checking.

already on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:51:42 AM >

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 209
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 4:35:26 PM   
The Gnome

On the ship list/TF Creation screen, I'd like to see AA and ASW ratings so I could sort the list by that. It would save a lot of work from having to right click everything to find the right DD's for your TF

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:53:07 AM >

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI