Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lahore falls

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lahore falls Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 2:50:53 PM   
Tom Hunter

Also don't forget that PzB needs to keep inflicting casualties at over 4 to 1. If the Germans could have beaten Russia by inflicting 4 to 1 losses in 1941 then the Kiev diversion would have made more sense.

Finally its possible that Karachi will not fall. In that case the fewer surviving British units the better. A stalemate in India is better for Japan than an aggresive British counter offensive.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 631
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 3:13:15 PM   
PzB74

That is also true Tom! I don't really think about points when I plan my offensives - but I certainly try to find out how to best minimize own casualties while maximising those of the enemy.

A well prepared and supported offensive vs a rapid and unprepared thrust are the options in this case.

Your point about possible counterattacks is also a valid one! If I leave 40k troops on my flank, I will have to leave a full division at both Dehli and Ahmadabad.
IfI can mass 350k troops it will be possible to rotate 50% in and out of Karachi and maintain a steady pressure on the defenders and their falling forts!

Karachi not falling is NOT an option

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Tom Hunter)
Post #: 632
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 3:53:43 PM   
kaiser73

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quark

Hi John,
I've been following this AAR since the start. I must admit to checking it more than once each day hoping for an update.

So far I can't think of a better IJN start.(exceot for Hiryu/Soryu) You have pushed the Allies to the brink in India. But instead of pushing for the jugular you are off chasing defeated forces off your main axis of attack. It sort of reminds me of the Kiev offensive during Barbarossa. Yes the Germans captured lots of troops but lost the initiative on thier main axis. I fear I see the initiative leaning towards the Allies while you are off at Rawalpindi.

I don't have a good enough feel for how long it will take the Allied divisions to recover at Karachi with unlimited supply. I just have this suspicion it will be before you can finish off Rawalpindi.

Anyway just something to think about. Great game so far!!

Quark

your comparison with Barbarossa diversion on Kiev is wrong. Actually, what Pzb is doing now is worse.
Cause in RL there was no "end of map" in Moscow. Taking Moscow instead of Kiev wouldn't have necessarily meant Russia surrendering. Wouldn't have stopped Russia getting reinforcements.
Yes, we do know that Taking Kiev made impossible for Germans to take Moscow later. But we don't know what would have happened if Hitler pressed for Moscow. Fow what we know, he could have got a new Stalingrad just an year before, and with his right flank (ukraine) still in Russian hands.

However, in this game Karachi is really the end of the map. you take Karachi, and UK doesn't get any more troops. So i myself can't understand why not taking Karachi.
I always think to expect always the best from your opponent. and i think Pzb is understimating him now. Forts 9 and new reinfocements can make karachi hard to take. you will actually lose more troops since enemies will rest and dig in as well. and you will lose more time.

(in reply to Philwd)
Post #: 633
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 4:04:41 PM   
toraq

quote:

Hm, and what do u think about the forum upgrades

Horrible!!!. The icons/smileys are unclear amd we don´t know what´s the state/humor of those little faces!!

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 634
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 4:10:16 PM   
toraq

quote:

A well prepared and supported offensive vs a rapid and unprepared thrust are the options in this case.

Yes, PzB you´re taking some risk stopping now, in the gates of Karachi. But you´re possibly right...you need your entire forces to wipe the enemy out!

How many forces will you launch against Karachi?

How many BB?
How many divisions?
How many Zeros and bombers?

Thanks

(in reply to toraq)
Post #: 635
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 4:46:44 PM   
PzB74

You make it sound really awful Kaiser I guess only time will show whether I've done the right or the wrong thing. The dice has been thrown!
I'm not really sure whether it is me or you that underestimate the defenses of Karachi though. The city starts the game in 12/41 with 8 forts, so no more forts can be built there by now. David can put his rested troops in Malir and rotate the fatigued ones into the city proper. This will not be an option in a few weeks when the Combined Fleet approaches. Have you ever experienced massed bomber attacks against your undefended army divisions? I've found that their ability to fight becomes severely reduced. I only got one shot at this, so I want to do it right. Therefore I would like to go in prepared.

I must admit that doesn't know how many reinforcements that will arrive in Karachi in august and september 42: this isn't something the Japs would have know anyway. Here again it must be said that in real life, neither more supplies nor troops could have been sent in if the city was under siege.

Toraq: I got 12 or 13 divisions, 10 engineer regiments, 8 tank regiments, numerous arty and air + other support units.
There will be 6 battleships and 20 cruisers ready for the operation together with 6 fleet and 2 light carriers.
I don't wish to use the KB air units to suppress Karachi - if it can be avoided army bombers will take that job after the city has suffered heavy bombardments. But as a floating reserve with 550 ac it will be indispensible if I got bogged down.

There are ca 200 army bombers and 150 Zeros + 50 Oscars that can be put into the attack. Another 200 naval bombers can be moved in on short notice.
Again I hope that I don't have to use these units before the airfields in Karachi have been bombarded by my battlegroups. The rested Spits will make short process of my fatigued pilots flying all the way from Bombay or Ahmadabad.

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to toraq)
Post #: 636
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 5:07:15 PM   
PzB74

One other point I would like to mention:

Do you really think it would be realistic that a Japanese Army could manage to capture Karachi without providing sea and air support?
In Italy and Anzio it became obvious that as soon as German formations got to close to the coast, they were hit by a cascade of heavy ship artillery and routed.
Movement by armoured elements were also all put impossible in the open during daylight due to the threat of air attack.

To maintain a bit of credibility I think a Operation Sumo should be prepared as well as possible and executed as quickly as possible.
I wil do my outmost to speed up preparations. Perhaps I'll send in a few advanced elements as well. Then we'll see what we're up against!

Btw: Toraq, the smileys on the 'more smileys page' are the same ones as before!

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 637
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 6:27:13 PM   
kaiser73

well, realism shouldn't be point of discussion here. The only thing that if you take Karachi UK is basically out of the game without beeing able to send divisions they have scheduled in reinforcements to fight in pacific theater is itself unrealistic.
you should be able to conquer India (as you are doing) but Allies should be able to take it back using the UK divs that later on you would have with karachi on allied hands.

for the rest, i would agree with you if Karachi doesn't get reinfocements. But it does, and the longer you wait, more troops you will have to fight. i honestly can't see why it shouyld be easier in 2 months when UK will have some new divs and brigades to defend rather than now.
and it makes sense as Japan to take the only port where UK could bring reinforcements.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 638
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 6:55:45 PM   
PzB74

Realism does play a part in the discussion Kaiser - mostly because of the way I play this game. Even though land combat has proved itself to be flawed in many aspects, I wish to conduct operations as 'professional' as I can.
In future games I will most likely propose that units have to gain 30-50pp's before being allowed to lay siege to a major city with big fortifications.

Another point is doability. I honestly think that there is a much bigger risk in attacking the citadel with worn out and unsupported troops.
I didn't indicate 2 months before operations could commence, did I? A month will have to be enough!

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to kaiser73)
Post #: 639
RE: Lahore falls - 3/16/2005 7:15:20 PM   
Titi

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaiser73

well, realism shouldn't be point of discussion here. The only thing that if you take Karachi UK is basically out of the game without beeing able to send divisions they have scheduled in reinforcements to fight in pacific theater is itself unrealistic.
you should be able to conquer India (as you are doing) but Allies should be able to take it back using the UK divs that later on you would have with karachi on allied hands.
<zap>

Perhaps but, Japan may then invade the persian golf (and have unlimited fuel ), take Suez, link with germans and Italy... The fight wil then be lead from south africa; a long road for the british.
Anyway clearly out of the scope of this game.

On the other way if Japan take Karashi, i'm sure a strong presence will be left there by PzB to prevent any surprise counterattack that will free a ton of delayed british reinforcements. That's just working like a garnison or troops continuing the fight to the West.

Back to the main subject, were are the next combat reports ???

(in reply to kaiser73)
Post #: 640
Rawalpindi operations - 3/16/2005 8:20:47 PM   
PzB74

I have a master thesis to write during daytime...only 2 more months and I'm done!
Here's the next turn:

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/03/42

Air Combat

No air attacks against Bombay today. The fighter bomber missions over Ahmadabad are not very efficient, but they're gaining
experience. The sweep over Bandoeng claimed 5 Warhawks, but 6 Zeros were lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Ahmadabad , at 24,8

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 9
F4F-4 Wildcat x 5
Swordfish x 15
Wirraway x 7
Kittyhawk I x 10

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 2 destroyed
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 damaged
Swordfish: 1 damaged
Wirraway: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
20 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
All fighters bombing at 2000 and 6000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Bandoeng , at 19,61

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23
A6M3 Zero x 24
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 11 destroyed
A6M3 Zero: 4 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed

Most of my troops have unloaded at Malang and here is an overview of what we got on Java:

Batavia - 2 forts and building:
34698 troops
2 Brigades
1 Regiment
2 Naval garrisons
1 Aviation regiment
1 AA regiment
2 Base Forces

The base can handle 199 ac and currently there are 65 Zeros and some search planes there.

Malang - 2 forts and building:
33235 troops
2 Brigades
1 Regiment
3 large SNLF units
1 NLF unit
1 Construction battalion
2 Base forces

The base can hold 70 ac and are currently supporting ca 50 Zeros.

Situation Map: Rawalpindi operations

We're closing in quickly around Rawalpindi - also trying to trap the 5 units that are retreating from Lahore.
Allied transports are probably trying to airlift some of the troops out, but I think I've destroyed most of the transport lift capacity when Lahore fell.
The divisions are slowly regaining strength and are preparing to assault Karachi and Malir. An other division will be moved from Burma and held in strategic
reserve together with the Combined Fleet. Should be ca 6-7 days until the fleet is ready to sail. The battleship Mutsu, a cruiser and 5 destroyers have repaired battle damage and are all heading for Singapore.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by PzB -- 3/16/2005 8:30:30 PM >

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Titi)
Post #: 641
RE: Rawalpindi operations - 3/17/2005 3:59:29 AM   
PzB74

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/04/42

Some activity in the air over India and Java today.

Air Combat

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 12
F4F-4 Wildcat x 11
Swordfish x 16
Wirraway x 2
Kittyhawk I x 12

Allied aircraft losses - there are no less than 3 AA regiments in Ahmadabad making low level FB attacks more than hazardous
F4F-4 Wildcat: 4 damaged
Swordfish: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
37 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x Swordfish bombing at 6000 feet
9 x F4F-4 Wildcat bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Bombay , at 20,10 - the heavies are back in strength...the entire base is a mess

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 9
Wellington III x 45
B-24D Liberator x 41

Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Nichiryo Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
600 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 43
Port hits 2
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
All bombers bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 19
A6M3 Zero x 23
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 5 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed, 1 damaged
Day Air attack on TF, near Malang at 22,66

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
A6M3 Zero x 11

Allied aircraft
A-20B Boston x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses - todays attacks were costly for the attackers
A-20B Boston: 8 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
PG Shinko Maru #3

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x A-20B Boston bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
A6M3 Zero x 11

Allied aircraft
A-20B Boston x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships - the ship is the same that was hit yesterday. I didn't scuttle it so that it could act as a decoy today..worked
AP Nagaragawa Maru, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage *sinks*

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x A-20B Boston bombing at 6000 feet

Ground Combat

Don't you know...some eager beaver has sent 2 Chinese units far behind my lines to attack rear area bases.
Forts and a few troops are more than sufficient to stop them dead in their tracks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Tatung

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 4136 troops, 25 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1698 troops, 14 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
66 casualties reported
Guns lost 3
Ground combat at Kuikang

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1631 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 809 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation Report

India

I've now moved troops to the west of Rawalpindi and they're been ordered to wheel north.
The plan is that operations around Rawalpindi will be completed in 14 days and then I will move troops towards Mali and Karachi
from Ahmadabad and take up positions on the flanks - this will be preliminary preparations for the big push while the fleet and army moves into position.
Big prison camps are being constructed outside Dehli

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 642
RE: Rawalpindi operations - 3/17/2005 5:30:26 AM   
Philwd

Boy I don't get on the boards today and look what I stirred up. I see what you mean about needing overwhelming force to go against Karachi. You can't argue with needing to take out his fleet first. And since you are already at Rawalpindi its a moot point. I sincerely hope it won't take you too long to get prepared. I like the situation you show on the map but I still feel the initiative slipping away. I guess not much for it. You can't go until you are ready.

And yes I hated the new smilies. Although they seem to have reverted tonight.

Good hunting,
Quark

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 643
RE: Rawalpindi operations - 3/17/2005 3:05:33 PM   
PzB74

Everyone should have an opinion Quark - and I can't blaim them for feeling that I'm putting the final victory in India in jeopardy
Rest assured that the initiative isn't gone and that we still wield, by far, the biggest hammer! I've not let you down yet, have I?

Consider the Rawalpindi operation as a prelude to the big battle!

Yeah, a good call - those new 3d smileys su€ked!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/05/42

Air Combat

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 31

Allied aircraft - unfortunately only a small detachment of Allied fighters appears over Ahmadabad today as I got a sizeable CAP in place
Fulmar x 2
Kittyhawk I x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Kittyhawk I: 4 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Fulmar bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Soerabaja , at 22,65

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
C5M Babs x 1

Allied aircraft - most of the remaining Allied ac on Java has now moved to Soerabaja!
Fulmar x 5
P-40B Tomahawk x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 6 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
A6M3 Zero x 12

Allied aircraft - mixed and somewhat scabby bunch this
SBD Dauntless x 7
TBD Devastator x 2
Martin 139 x 3
Hudson I x 2
P-40B Tomahawk x 3
A-20B Boston x 6
B-25C Mitchell x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
TBD Devastator: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Ryotaku Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire
PG Taiko Maru
AP Shoho Maru
PC Kyo Maru #7
AP Anrugu Maru
AP Kureha Maru #3
PG Shinko Maru #3

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
2 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
2 x TBD Devastator bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
3 x P-40B Tomahawk bombing at 2000 feet
4 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 22,67

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 8
SBD Dauntless x 8
Martin 139 x 7
Hudson I x 7
P-40B Tomahawk x 24
A-20B Boston x 6
B-25C Mitchell x 8

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 1 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 1 damaged
B-25C Mitchell: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships - tihis convoy had just left Malang and didn't have a CAP
DD Nokaze
DD Hagikaze
DD Kuretake
DD Tanikaze
DD Shiokaze
AP Ronsan Maru
DD Okikaze
APD APD-1, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Kamikaze

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
1 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
8 x Fulmar bombing at 2000 feet
3 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
3 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet
9 x P-40B Tomahawk bombing at 2000 feet
9 x P-40B Tomahawk bombing at 2000 feet

Ground Combat

The South Seas Detachment makes short process of the Panaji base force! Another 1400 troops in the bag.

Ground combat at 19,11

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 8462 troops, 98 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1090 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 319 to 1

Allied ground losses:
1454 casualties reported
Ground combat at Rawalpindi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 34246 troops, 134 guns, 1 vehicles

Defending force 38155 troops, 158 guns, 3 vehicles - this is the prize I wish to eliminate!

Allied ground losses:
33 casualties reported
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've attached a picture of the units now sealed of in Rawalpindi:

1 UK division
1 Indian division
2 Brigades
1 Indian regiment
2 artillery regiments
4 base forces
1 aviation regiment

Attachment (1)

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Philwd)
Post #: 644
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 2:06:24 AM   
PzB74

What is happening on this forum....was trying to upload this post and suddenly I found myself logged out?

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/06/42

Pretty heavy air activity in India and over Java again. The heavies hit both Ahmadabad and Bombay.
Since most of the enemy fighters have moved to Soerabaja we hit Tjilitjap again. Hit some transports, but
I'm mostly trying to burn up supplies. An almost perfect strike from Borneo also hammered Soerabaja.
Numerous enemy ac were shot down in flames while others were left burning on the air strips
A patrol craft and empty transport were hit by bombers, but they paid a stiff price.

In India I'm now moving half of the Army towards Ahmadabad. I don't need more than 4 divisions to finish
of Rawalpindi. I'm going to move on Malir in 14 days or so when the Combined Fleet arrives. I've got a most
cunning plan!-)

I'm trying to plan ahead in time, and here is what I see:

August - preparations for Op. Sumo
September/October - heavy fighting around Karachi
November/December - Java liberated

What is the plan? I need your help here...What should I expect and how should I prepare?
The Solomons, PPG, the Solomons and the Marshalls are all being turned into fortresses.

It seems to me that David is a very meticulous planner. He will prepare well and long and then strike hard and
purposeful when ready. This could prove most dangerous to me, but I also think it will give me some time to prepare.
This time has to be used well!

Air Combat

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 7
Beaufort I x 16
Beaufort V-IX x 26
P-40E Warhawk x 8
B-24D Liberator x 34

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-46-II Dinah: 4 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort I: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
236 casualties reported
Guns lost 7

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 55

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Beaufort I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Bombay , at 20,10

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 12
Wellington III x 45

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Nichiryo Maru, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage *sinks*

Japanese ground losses:
407 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 6
Port hits 2
Port fuel hits 2
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Tjilitjap , at 19,62

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
Ki-21 Sally x 75

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 8 damaged

Allied Ships
AP Crescent City, Bomb hits 1
AK Mormaclark, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AP President Fillmore, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Port hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft - the perfect strike!
A6M2 Zero x 47
A6M3 Zero x 11
Ki-21 Sally x 69
Ki-49 Helen x 24

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 7 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 20 destroyed, 11 damaged
F4F-4 Wildcat: 2 destroyed, 8 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 7 destroyed, 16 damaged
Hudson I: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged
A-20B Boston: 1 destroyed, 4 damaged
TBD Devastator: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
232 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 5 - finally we managed to inflict heavy damage to the airbase
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 60

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 21,68

Japanese aircraft
A6M3 Zero x 10

Allied aircraft
SBD Dauntless x 8
Martin 139 x 3 - the Dutch bombers have been brought back home to defend Java again. Will they be more successful this time?

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless: 8 destroyed, 1 damaged
Martin 139: 4 destroyed

Japanese Ships
PG Myoken Maru
DD Sagi
PG Nishho Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
A6M3 Zero x 9

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AP Ryotaku Maru, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 24,70

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 4
Hudson I x 3
A-20B Boston x 8
B-25C Mitchell x 9

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 damaged
A-20B Boston: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Tanikaze
AP Imizu Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Hagikaze
DD Nokaze
DD Kamikaze
APD APD-34
AP Tamatsu Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B-25C Mitchell bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Trimcomalee , at 15,25

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Hudson I bombing at 6000 feet

Ground Combat

Ground combat at 30,6

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 25010 troops, 326 guns, 3 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 80 to 1

Allied ground losses:
100 casualties reported
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached a picture that again shows the Zero Daita that has been training in China.
It has gained a lot of experience in a month or so and will soon be a crack formation.

Attachment (1)

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 645
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 4:38:00 AM   
Alikchi2

Re: your plans for 1943 -

If I was you I'd focus especially on freeing up ground units for service in the Pacific (from China, Manchuria, India & etc) and - most importantly - training your pilots.

Maybe a general plan could be an assault on Chungking to secure your position in China followed by a withdrawal of any "extra" units you have on the Asian mainland to garrison the Pacific islands. If it was possible I'd hope for at least an equivalent of two divisions on each "critical" base. You have to keep him as far away from Japan as possible!

A counterstrike at Tarawa probably will not be feasible at this point but it may be worth a shot. But you're already running low on good pilots. Better to conserve your strength for the big Allied pushes of late 43 and 44. Continuing your current fortification plans would be an excellent idea - but don't forget to defend in depth. Eventually you'll probably be fighting in the Phillipines and Marianas. You should be ready.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 646
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 7:01:08 AM   
PzB74

Sounds like good advice Alikchi! In my last turn I went over all my ground forces: Been building bases and forts in Japan since the war began.
Ca 8-10 construction units in Manchuria were identified for service in the Central Pacific: they're moving towards a major port and have been ordered to prepare for
Yap, Ulithi, Iwo Jima and other bases that i haven't started fortifying yet.

A full division has already been released from Kwantung already, think I can get quite a few from China proper. Most of the bases there have 9 forts already.
Think I made an agreement with myself not to press the attack further in China. I've captured more bases than would have been historically realistic. Now as India can't provide
supplies to China, I doubt I'll get many problems from that direction.

Soon a huuge armoured div will arrive in Kwantung..want to get it to the PI's one day!

Pilot training is also well under way, most of my Army units are attacking ground targets or waiting for new fighter models. Located a Nate unit that upgrades to
Tojos today - the only one - but several more will arrive soon. So I'll have a plethoria of new fighter units soon. (Tojo, Tony and Oscar II)

Not sure I want to get close to Tarawa or Lunga, but a late 1942 amphibious assault against Port Moresby has crossed my mind! Enemy bombers stationed here will isolate Rabaul
and hit bases all the way up to Wewak within a year or so.

Another thing I have to figure out is how many divisions I should keep in India and Burma. Got 13 in total + many regiments and brigades.
2 in Karachi, 1 in Bombay, 1 in Ceylon, 1 in reserve in Dehli, 1 in Calcutta + brigades and regiments in Dacca, Diamond Harbour and Dimapur.
This will leave 7 - and I intend to use this to liberate Java first and then send 2-3 to take Colombo and then Mandalay. Java will keept the 70k troops that are stationed there right now
and I'm planning to reinforce Timor with another brigade at first.

This means that 4 at first, then 5 Southern Area Army Divisions will be made available for the South Pacific by early 1943. These will most likely go to Kwajalein, Rabaul and NG + a reserve
force to Truk. I will still be rather stripped in the Phillippines, and additional reinforcements will have to be diverted here now and then.

Does this sound like a sensible plan?

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 647
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 11:02:32 AM   
String

I take the marianas are all well fortified and garrisoned? All you have to do in Luzon is to garrison and fortify heavily all the potential size 7 airfields. Those are afterall that he will go after. Defending the routes from DEI resource centers to Home islands is out of the question imho. There are too many potential airfields and too few ground units. A full division at 9 fort levels in a non-atoll base will be just a speedbump when the allies get going. I would suggest sending the CD units from takao, kavieng and Ominatao (if you havent yet) to Marianas, there are also two or three reserve CD units on the home islands. altho they only have 6 150mm guns they are better than nothing. One on each. Those do provide a nice CD fire and even if heavily bombed they tend to leave one or two guns in action. IJN base forces are good too. Add in a few artillery and armor units from the southern area force (one or two per base) with a division and a brigade per island and you got yourself a fortress that is really tough to crack. All three islands should be built up enough so you could base lots of supplies there. By the time allies get there you should be getting your first transport subs in case you accelerate them. Imho those are a wonderful asset. letting you to transport even some supplies to isolated islands. 10k mines would also be a nice surprise...

But you know all that already so..

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 648
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 3:56:14 PM   
Captain Cruft

String has good advice methinks :)

I wouldn't bother putting any serious ground units forward in the Pacific though. If David has any sense he will bypass them. Stuff the inner perimeter but hold the outer perimeter lightly.

For the IJN - preserve the fighter pilots but use the bomber pilots. Anti-shipping ops are likely to become futile very quickly due to Allied AA. Whereas, using fighters to protect surface assets may well be the only chance you have of stopping important invasions.

The only other thing I would say is to not strip anything from Home Defense Force. You never know, it might come to an invasion of the Home Islands in the end ...

(in reply to String)
Post #: 649
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/18/2005 9:28:28 PM   
PzB74

I'm definetly going to look up some more CD units String! Got quite a few powerful Base Forces that got 5.5" guns.
Perhaps the 50k troops on Kwajalein and in Rabaul with 9 forts, AA and CD units are sufficient. Then I can send the divisions to the Marianas.
Yes, mines are nice - got dozens of ml's running around in the South Pacific. Also started similar operations in the DEI.
This region was woefully neglected during the first half of 42.

I'm building forts in the Marianas and Saipan got 20k troops already - but I have to add several divisions to their defenses. This can first happen in early 43.
Not sure if David can bypass all of the Marshall Islands. He can isolate Kwajalein, but then he must capture Maloetap and perhaps Eniewetok.
Pumping in mines and garrion units here as well - it should be mid to late 43 before the yanks are strong enough to invade.

Not stripping much from Japan Cruft - only reserve units thus far. I'm afraid that the suppression of Karachi will be costly for the Combined Fleet.
Before the Allied AF has been knocked out, they will try to torpedo my bombardment tf's. I has to be done, so I'll try to use the heaviest hammer
available to me.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 650
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/19/2005 5:12:06 PM   
PzB74

Ah, having problems with the posting buttons again

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/08/42

The usual air battles in India and Java: My Zeros dig into the fighter bomber
formations coming into Ahmadabad! I really would like to weaken Allied long
range fighter and torpedo formations before the KB arrives.

In India I've surrounded most of the enemy troops in the north. Will take another few days
to close the cauldron around Rawalpindi. Moving more troops towards Ahmadabad.

Also moving an invasion fleet of 1500 size AP's to Dacca from Diamond Harbour. The 14th
Division will be embarked in a few days. My amphibious reserve force that will be landed
either directly at Karachi (this will cause a lot of casualties) or at Bombay.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 9
Blenheim IV x 12
Beaufort I x 18
Beaufort V-IX x 27
P-40E Warhawk x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 8 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Kittyhawk I: 8 destroyed
Blenheim IV: 5 destroyed
Beaufort I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Beaufort V-IX: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk: 33 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
82 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 12

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 45
B-24D Liberator x 36

Japanese aircraft losses - I hope the last 2 damaged ac will be destroyed soon - then 20 experiences pilots can finally be moved out. Silly rule
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
511 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Runway hits 73
Port hits 8
Port supply hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft - no escort
Ki-21 Sally x 56
Ki-49 Helen x 19

Allied aircraft - no CAP
Fulmar x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49 Helen: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 1 damaged
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 destroyed, 5 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
60 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 13

Aircraft Attacking:
All bombers bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Maloelap , at 82,81

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 6

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 3
B-17E Fortress x 9

Japanese aircraft losses - a few ac were hit on the ground
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed
E13A1 Jake: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses - flak was the real killer today
F-5A Lightning: 1 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 5 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
15 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 15

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Malang , at 22,66

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
A6M3 Zero x 9

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 2
F4F-4 Wildcat x 2
SBD Dauntless x 6
A-20B Boston x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 1 damaged
C5M Babs: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 2 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
29 casualties reported

Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:

Here you can see the status of the KB! The Hiyu has joined the fleet and 500 ac are ready for action.
3 CVE's and a damaged cvl will not sail with the fleet and remain behind and finish repairs.

I'd like to spend another few days in port and get sys damage down as much as possible. 7 of my battleships
are in Hong Kong repairing battle damage. 4 are ready in Bombay, 1 in Singapore and the Mutsu will arrive
in 2 days.

KB Status 08/42

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by PzB -- 3/19/2005 5:31:34 PM >

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 651
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/20/2005 3:43:52 PM   
PzB74

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/09/42

Destroyed a lot of enemy ac on Soerabaja today. A large number of naval bombers from Balikpapan took part in the operation.
Since no serious opposition is encountered, it's a good live training excercise We can now bomb bases from Java from 3 different locations.

In India David figured out that I sortied my Zeros from Dehli. He brought his Liberators and destroyed some ac on the ground. 5 heavies were shot down in A2A while
one succumbed to flak. I've moved the fighters out, I need more than a handful to seriously damage the heavy bomber formations.

Sub/ASW Attacks
ASW attack at 62,79 - I'm continuing to stalk subs off Truk. Poor results as usual

Japanese Ships
APD APD-39
APD APD-37
APD APD-36
APD APD-2
DD Numakaze
DD Yukaze

Allied Ships
SS Silversides

Air Combat

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 9
Beaufort I x 21
Beaufort V-IX x 32
P-40E Warhawk x 11

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort V-IX: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
141 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 14

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Delhi , at 27,10

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 36

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 14 destroyed, 9 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 2 destroyed, 16 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
113 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 33

Aircraft Attacking:
All B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 9
Wellington III x 41

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
128 casualties reported

Runway hits 4
Port hits 5
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
All Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 24
G3M Nell x 42
G4M1 Betty x 79

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 7 destroyed, 2 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 8 destroyed, 5 damaged
TBD Devastator: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 7 destroyed, 8 damaged
Beaufort V-IX: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
F4F-4 Wildcat: 10 destroyed, 8 damaged
Martin 139: 1 destroyed
Hudson I: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
92 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 53

Aircraft Attacking:
All Nell and G4M1 Betty bombing at 10000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
A6M3 Zero x 9

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 1
F4F-4 Wildcat x 3
SBD Dauntless x 6
TBD Devastator x 2
A-20B Boston x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 5 destroyed
A6M3 Zero: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 1 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 7 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x TBD Devastator bombing at 5000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Madang at 54,84 - mediums from PM hits a supply convoy to NG again.
Really need those Army fighters to provide CAP. Upgraded the first 36 ac Daitai today, 75 average exp.

Allied aircraft
B-26B Marauder x 6

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Seizan Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire
MSW Noshiro Maru #2

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-26B Marauder bombing at 6000 feet
3 x B-26B Marauder bombing at 6000 feet
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In India I'm continuing to bombard Rawalpindi. Fast armored units are now moving at high speed to close the cauldron.

Ground combat at Rawalpindi

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 95737 troops, 603 guns, 10 vehicles

Defending force 39971 troops, 181 guns, 5 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
175 casualties reported
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked my ship building program again and if accelerated construction really means that ships will be finished 50% faster, the Taiho will actually arrive in early 43!!
The 3 Katsuragis will then be slated for arrival in mid 43! This means that we actually can competed with US carrier strength through 1943
The only thing that worries me is that the ships will arrive with Zekes, Judys and Jills aboard!? If this is the case, I won't have replacements for these air groups.
Anyone know if this issue has been covered by the AI?

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 652
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/20/2005 4:05:29 PM   
LittleJoe

You ok with having your 6 CV's in the same tf? I often spilt mine up into groups, With the Zuikaku and Soryu out of action, i have 3 carrier groups.

Akagi and Kaga

Hiryu and Shokaku

and Junyo and CVE's and Cvl's

I keep the 4 fleet carriers together, but in different taskforces, that way my strikes should get off more co-ordinated, and any attacks on my Carriers should be split into two.

Just my way of doing things, im sure your way works to

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 653
RE: Cat & mouse game! - 3/20/2005 4:54:18 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Those new CVs will arrive with Zekes and you won't have any replacements for them for few months....that's a problem untill 1.5 comes out when we should be able to downgrade them if needed

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to LittleJoe)
Post #: 654
KB is too big - 3/20/2005 5:48:48 PM   
Captain Cruft

1) I think that having > 400 planes in one air combat TF might actually guarantee you un-coordinated strikes. Hard to be sure without the manual and formula in front of me. Whatever, it is a bad idea. To completely remove the chance of un-coordination Japanese air combat TFs should have <= 200 planes.

2) Having > 15 ships in a single TF creates a negative modifier to your already weak AA.

Just split into 2 or 3 TFs and have them follow each other around.

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 655
RE: KB is too big - 3/20/2005 5:55:54 PM   
String

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

2) Having > 15 ships in a single TF creates a negative modifier to your already weak AA.

The AA doesn't get weaker.. it's just that the excess ships don't provide all of their listed value

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 656
KB is just fine - for my use! - 3/20/2005 11:43:10 PM   
PzB74

Thx for your comments! I agree with you, I don't mass 6 cv's in one tf if I want coordinated strike. But I got another plan: I'm not going to sacrifice a single
naval pilot in order to destroy the remnants of the RN at Karachi. The KB will offer a very heavy CAP for my powerful fleet and itself lure enemy naval bombers to attack. Flak and CAP will 5 hexes out of Karachi should be devastating for the attacking ac. Several surface tf's will then race in and first eliminate all enemy shipping before the heavies start their bombardment runs. Try to stop such a deadly assault! When the enemy has been weakend, I will have 4 airfields to launch strikes from: Bombay, Dehli, Ahmadabad and Lahore (2/ af size and building). Already now I'm trying to divert the Allied bombers attention - it will be impossible to keep 4 bases closed.

Hm, V1.5 will be out before I get the Katsuragis Hoepner, so then I guess it'll be ok!

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to String)
Post #: 657
Continued air battles: Java/India - 3/21/2005 12:03:29 AM   
PzB74

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/10/42

Air Combat

A quiet day over India - well, no heavy strikes at least. We continue to hit enemy
targets in Java: Both Bandoeng and Soerabaja were on the receiving end today.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13
A6M3 Zero x 19
Ki-21 Sally x 78
Ki-46-II Dinah x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 32

Aircraft Attacking:
All x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23
Ki-21 Sally x 41
Ki-49 Helen x 23

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 1

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
30 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
All Sally and Helen bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
A6M3 Zero x 12

Allied aircraft
A-20B Boston x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
A-20B Boston: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships - I'm keeping this damaged transport around as bait!
AP Ryotaku Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Trimcomalee , at 15,25

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 15

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
A6M3 Zero x 12

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 2
A-20B Boston x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
A-20B Boston: 2 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x A-20B Boston bombing at 6000 feet

Ground Combat

As you can see, the 8th Tank Regiment has 3 days left until it has completed the encirclement of Rawalpindi. 5 enemy units have also
been encircled outside of Lahore. This units will bag quite a few points and clear up my flank. The large red arrows indicates how I'm
planning to encircle and reduce Malir/Karachi. It will be blood,y no way around it - so I have to do a thorough job. Don't wish to break too many
eggs, but I will if I have to. Imagine what a scoop, India and UK out of the war!!

Situation Map: Rawalpindi operations and Op. Sumo

Attachment (1)

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 658
RE: Continued air battles: Java/India - 3/21/2005 1:28:09 AM   
PzB74

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/11/42

Air Combat

Wellingtons on naval strike sinks a small msw and damages an apd.
The bb's are hit by some 500lb bombs - no damage.

A sizeable raid on Colombo by 145 mediums destroys some ac and inflicts
41 af damage. On Soerabaja another 25-30 ac are destroyed in the ground.
Are the squadrons still receiving replacements? Must burn quite a few supplies.

The third regiment of an army div belonging to the Kwantung Army is now
being shipped to the Central Pacific together with the 2 Reserve Coastal Batteries.

Going to rest the KB for another few days, should take ca 14 days to get in position.
I also need 14 days to move my army units into position - so I'll wait until the siege
of Rawalpindi is progressing well. 4-5 days is the estimate.

Considering to move the first experienced Tojo and Tony Daitais to the Central Pacific.
Doesn't have that many fighters here now. Will slowly move in Betties and Nells as they
have finished advanced combat trainining in China and India.

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 2
Beaufort I x 19
Beaufort V-IX x 30
P-40E Warhawk x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort V-IX: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
258 casualties reported
Guns lost 7

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 28

Aircraft Attacking:
All Beaufort I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Colombo , at 14,24

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
Ki-21 Sally x 145

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 4 destroyed, 3 damaged
Vildebeest IV: 3 destroyed
Catalina I: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
46 casualties reported

Airbase hits 9
Airbase supply hits 10
Runway hits 56

Aircraft Attacking:
All Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 13
A6M3 Zero x 19
Ki-21 Sally x 76
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
136 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 50

Aircraft Attacking:
All Ki-21 Sally bombing at 10000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23
G3M Nell x 54
G4M1 Betty x 77

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat: 15 destroyed, 5 damaged
A-20B Boston: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 2 destroyed
P-40B Tomahawk: 7 destroyed, 3 damaged
Fulmar: 1 destroyed
Hudson I: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
59 casualties reported

Airbase hits 13
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 59

Aircraft Attacking:
All G4M1 Betty bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Batavia , at 19,59

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
A6M3 Zero x 4

Allied aircraft
SBD Dauntless x 9
P-40B Tomahawk x 19
P-40E Warhawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 4 destroyed, 8 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless: 2 destroyed, 7 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Bombay at 20,10

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 30

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo, Bomb hits 1
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
MSW W.8, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage *sinks*

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 19

Allied aircraft losses
Wellington III: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo, Bomb hits 2
BB Haruna
BB Fuso, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
APD APD-33, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 659
RE: Continued air battles: Java/India - 3/21/2005 3:25:11 AM   
PzB74

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/12/42

Air Combat

More of the same...starting to get a little tiresome, but I guess there's no way around it.
I find the remaining Allied ac in Tjilitjap, a2a is favourable. In total we loose 7 Zeros but shoot down
17 enemies. 6 Wellingtons were claimed over Bombay. Going to rotate a LRCAP over the city, that
should make it more difficult to bomb it.

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 8
Beaufort I x 18
Beaufort V-IX x 31
P-40E Warhawk x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort I: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
Beaufort V-IX: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
281 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 21

Aircraft Attacking:
All Beaufort I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Hong Kong , at 43,42

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 1

Allied aircraft - Chinese mediums finally take of and hit Hong Kong Harbour. Have to increase my CAP settings
IL-4c x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
IL-4c: 5 damaged

Japanese Ships - all the bombs bounce of my bb's in the repair yards
BB Yamashiro, Bomb hits 2, heavy damage
BB Nagato, Bomb hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x IL-4c bombing at 6000 feet
3 x IL-4c bombing at 6000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 17

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 6
Wellington III x 36

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 6 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim IV: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
Wellington III: 14 destroyed, 9 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
289 casualties reported

Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Colombo , at 14,24

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
Ki-48 Lily x 58
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 2 destroyed, 11 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 destroyed

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 14
Port hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
All Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Tjilitjap , at 19,62

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 24
A6M3 Zero x 19
Ki-21 Sally x 67

Allied aircraft
Fulmar x 2
F4F-4 Wildcat x 2
P-40B Tomahawk x 23
P-40E Warhawk x 5

Japanese aircraft losses - none of the bombers were shot down by CAP, so the Zeros did a fine job today!
A6M2 Zero: 15 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3 Zero: 2 destroyed
Ki-21 Sally: 8 destroyed, 17 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Fulmar: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
F4F-4 Wildcat: 9 destroyed, 12 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 13 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
SBD Dauntless: 1 destroyed, 12 damaged
Beaufort V-IX: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported

Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 25

Aircraft Attacking:
All Ki-21 Sally bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Rabaul , at 61,88 - the first air raid against Rabaul! The Zeros are on a LRCAP mission, but flak damages half of the attackers.

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 34

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 destroyed, 17 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
20 casualties reported

Airbase hits 9
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 29

Aircraft Attacking:
27 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 6000 feet
6 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 6000 feet

In India preparations for the assaults against besieged troops are almost ready. Tomorrow the guns will roar out again!
The troops outside Lahore will probably be more difficult to relinquish as they have to be reduced out in open ground.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lahore falls Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI