Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, please do not purchase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, please do not purchase Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:47:05 PM   
2gaulle

1% done !

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 61
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:47:53 PM   
DrewBlack

4% here !!!

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 62
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:48:34 PM   
2gaulle

11%

(in reply to DrewBlack)
Post #: 63
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:49:57 PM   
Hartford688

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2gaulle

11%

Of what game? SIMS 2?

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 64
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:49:58 PM   
TheHellPatrol

if it turns out to be BiN let us know, i have 25 minutes before i have to leave...i've got butterflys in my stomach

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 65
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:50:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: trcanberra
I remember going on a management training course a while back and they said we should "celebrate our failures" because we learn so much from them, or some such ... all this talk of firing ??

Yes, learning from mistakes is extremely important in any business. Recognizing a problem person or people that are constantly causing problems and getting them out of a position of responsibility is also important. I think today has been good in that regard.

We're double checking, but the corrected download should be up very soon and with any luck those of you that didn't get serial numbers will get new ones by requesting a re-download. However, this is NOT the "green light" announcement. We're still aiming for 5pm and I have to personally check a few more things with Dave before we will feel comfortable.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to trcanberra)
Post #: 66
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:52:44 PM   
Capitaine

Meanwhile... 49%

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 67
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:56:48 PM   
scotswahay

:)

please spell out in idiots language exactly what those of us without serial numbers have to do

thanks

steve

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 68
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/17/2004 11:56:57 PM   
Hartford688

Download Questions:

How do I start the download?

Can I save the download to a floppy disk?

Where should the download go?

What if the download stops before it's complete?

If my download cuts out in the middle, can I start from where I left off?

I've finished downloading; where do I find it?

How do I launch my software?

What if I want a shipment, but I've already ordered a download?

What is Download Insurance?

Where do I go for technical support?

WTF do I do when I realize Digital River can't find their own arses with both hands and a hunting dog?

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 69
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:02:39 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Only the dd is available as of this moment, i assume when it's really "ready" there will be more options...right? If not, hey, no problem

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Hartford688)
Post #: 70
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:04:38 AM   
Montbrun

...DR - YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #: 71
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:05:12 AM   
benpark

Link? I'm not seeing it on the store page...

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 72
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:08:55 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: benpark

Link? I'm not seeing it on the store page...
It's not official yet...but i found it under "New Releases". We are supposed to wait for Erik, although some people are diving in head first.

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 73
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:09:06 AM   
Erik Rutins

Please hang on, we're in the final moments. When it's up, those who already ordered, even if you didn't get a serial number, should be able to go to www.findmyorder.com - enter your order info and you will get a new valid serial number.

Box/Game on Demand, as it turns out, will only be available next week. Yes, that was part of the reason for the firing. Everything we'd been told suddenly changed at the last minute at the same time as the incorrect download went "live". We were literally at the point of being ready to march on their offices with torches and axes.

The "ready to go" announcement will contain details for all customers to answer your questions.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 74
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:14:31 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Don't worry, i was the first in line for Witp...i'll wait, and i suggest you guys do to. No box? Well, we have come full circle haven't we, but it's the "end" of the circle that counts.

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 75
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:20:13 AM   
Finrod

okay, it worked this time BIN is up and running

the download link changed and i was shown a valid S/N (though i had none on my confirmation email).
this will be a long night for me

thanks, Marc and Erik

Finrod

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 76
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:34:17 AM   
pterrok

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonStone

I seem to be the guy that found it -- or at least, I reported it to Digital River 10 or 15 minutes ago. I assume the only screw-up is putting the wrong file in place?

(I have little/no fear that I'll be able to download once they fix the link)

Hmmm...I sent my email off to them at 13:52 CST! Maybe the first one who told them should get the case of beer JSS was promising?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartford688

Can I save the download to a floppy disk?

Um, it's 201 MEGA bytes! I don't think it'll fit on a floppy. Though you COULD span it across 140 of 'em!

Meanwhile, 46%!

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 77
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:36:11 AM   
Hartford688

"Download Questions" was just a copy of the download page....

< Message edited by Hartford688 -- 9/17/2004 11:39:44 PM >

(in reply to pterrok)
Post #: 78
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 12:54:01 AM   
Bodhi

You guys amaze me at times. It seems that every time a new game is released Digital River manage to a) take ages to make it available for purchase, and b) when they do, they make a mess of it. The amazement is why you continue to leave your whole business open to the mercy of DR with their track record.

Bodhi

Post #: 79
RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, pl... - 9/18/2004 4:23:22 AM   
David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

You guys amaze me at times. It seems that every time a new game is released Digital River manage to a) take ages to make it available for purchase, and b) when they do, they make a mess of it. The amazement is why you continue to leave your whole business open to the mercy of DR with their track record.

That was my question as well. Its been a tough day in the trenches and in the end victory is ours. DR will be making personal changes for us and I expect things will get much better much faster or we will be moving on.

I want to thank everyone for staying calm and giving us some time to work out the issues. I like to also thank Marc and Erik for keeping you guys in the loop while I battled with DR.

Now enough of this crap and onto the beaches.

David

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 80
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Battles in Normandy is NOT up yet, please do not purchase Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI