Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training and formations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Training and formations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training and formations - 5/11/2005 8:12:24 AM   
Jagger2002

I am wondering whether training levels will have an impact on available formations.

For example, square formations could move. However without a certain level of training, a unit would fall apart if attempting to maneuver using the square formation. Another example would be units in line having great difficult maneuvering due to lack of training. Those poorly trained units might be best used in column which can be effective with far less training.

Training seemed to be a very important factor in the efficiency of various types of formations. Wondering whether BON impliments a training level and impact on efficiency.

thanks

< Message edited by Jagger2002 -- 5/11/2005 8:13:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Training and formations - 5/11/2005 5:35:10 PM   
Tim Coakley

Training has an effect on the combat power of a unit.

The game uses trainingand experience values so you can model various types of units. Highly trained units, poorly trained units with lots of experience...

The formations are not limited by the training value...but the designer can set the formations that a unit can enter in the editor. This gives more flexibility.

The designer can also access an action point penalty to reflect the fact that a poorly trained unit can do less in ten minutes (1 turn).

Using the moddable portions in teh editor will allow for creating almost any situation.

Hope that helps.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 2
RE: Training and formations - 5/12/2005 7:06:07 AM   
Jagger2002

Thanks DS.

I am very impressed at the depth of this simulation. You seem to be covering all the bases.

Assuming morale is separate as well, we should be able to simulate just about any unit.

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 3
RE: Training and formations - 5/19/2005 10:02:51 PM   
Tim Coakley

Morale is separate as well.

Tim

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Training and formations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI