Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/9/2005 7:21:22 PM   
SuomiKp

That worked , I should study the manual better

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 91
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/10/2005 6:46:50 AM   
sol_invictus

That wouldn't have helped because the manual described this action completely in error.

(in reply to SuomiKp)
Post #: 92
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/10/2005 8:38:46 PM   
Mr. Z

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

That wouldn't have helped because the manual described this action completely in error.

Sad but true

Post #: 93
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/10/2005 9:08:04 PM   
Tanaka

How about some locks for the province settings. Seems like the wrong click here or there while you are doing stuff always screws with your settings....

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 94
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/10/2005 9:46:19 PM   
bluemonday

When you say "locks" do you mean for the slider bars in manpower allocations? They exist - just right-click on the bar you want to lock.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 95
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 10:41:23 AM   
Reg Pither

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluemonday

When you say "locks" do you mean for the slider bars in manpower allocations? They exist - just right-click on the bar you want to lock.

But they don't work properly! They start off locking things in place, but then you reach a point when you can still increase other sliders and the red-outlined 'locked' ones start to reduce.

(in reply to bluemonday)
Post #: 96
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 4:27:12 PM   
Mr. Z

quote:

But they don't work properly! They start off locking things in place, but then you reach a point when you can still increase other sliders and the red-outlined 'locked' ones start to reduce.

Could you show us a screenshot?

(in reply to Reg Pither)
Post #: 97
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 5:00:08 PM   
Reg Pither

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

quote:

How can I show a screenshot of two sliders moving?

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 98
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 5:06:36 PM   
Montbrun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg Pither

quote:

quote:

There should be a red outline on the slider that is "locked."

Brad

(in reply to Reg Pither)
Post #: 99
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 5:40:44 PM   
Reg Pither

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg Pither

quote:

quote:

There should be a red outline on the slider that is "locked."

Brad

Understood, and there is a red outline around the 'locked' ones, but how do I show a screenshot of the sliders moving?

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 100
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 6:15:57 PM   
Mr. Z

Take a screenshot of the slider bars locked. Then move one, and show us the screenshot of the result.

(in reply to Reg Pither)
Post #: 101
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/11/2005 11:32:34 PM   
Vitelski

Finland was christianized by Sweden in the 1200's and had been a part of Sweden ever since. Virtually all towns in Finland were founded by swedish kings, the finns had representation in the swedish parliament from the 1500's and the second university in Sweden was founded in Abo (Turkku) in 1640. While the rural population was almost exclusively finnish, the swedes dominated in the towns. Finland was quite simply a province in Sweden.

So, like Frodon I don't understand why Finland is being portrayed as a protectorate in the game. Change, plz?

Second, the feudal level for Sweden is set relatively high, at 50%. This too seems a bit strange as Sweden never was feudalized in the way continental Europe, and even Denmark, were. Most of the peasants owned their own land, paid (steep) taxes to the king and they had their own representation in parliament as the fourth estate. There were swedish nobles, but, in 1521 the danish king Valdemar the tyrant chopped off the heads of all the major ones except one - who proceeded to rebel, liberate the country and crown himself king Gustav Vasa.

(Ok this is getting a bit long but I'm having fun so I'll carry on. I'll get to the point shortly. And yes, I am swedish.)

Seeing that Valdemar had done away with most of the internal opposition Gustav was able to centralize power to a degree I think was unmatched in Europe during the 16th century. This gave Sweden military capacity out of proportion to its population, and this centralization, or un-feudalization was the foundation on which Sweden's status as Great Power during the 17th and early 18th centuries built.

Once the last absolute monarch, Charles XII, had been shot with a uniform button in 1718, Sweden became a constitutional monarchy, ruled by bickering political parties. The government had to manufacture a stamp to get the king's signature for their decisions (the king being far too occupied with turning snuff-boxes to be bothered with simple politics). Attempts were made to revitalize the country with government-sponsored investments in manufacturing and trading, but there wasn't enough capital to go around, and the swedes were to few and poor.

The point? I think Sweden's feudal level could be set to the same level Britain has in 1792, and Finland could be a domestic province of Sweden. To compensate for this I guess the provincial incomes might be lowered, and possibly the abilities of the swedish diplomats could be weakened. (Denmark voluntarily submitting to Sweden? Noooooo way...)

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 102
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/12/2005 12:53:35 AM   
Mr. Z

quote:

The point? I think Sweden's feudal level could be set to the same level Britain has in 1792, and Finland could be a domestic province of Sweden. To compensate for this I guess the provincial incomes might be lowered, and possibly the abilities of the swedish diplomats could be weakened. (Denmark voluntarily submitting to Sweden? Noooooo way...)

Well, I agree about Finland. Eric will have to decide what changes to make to the Feudal level and whatnot.

(in reply to Vitelski)
Post #: 103
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/12/2005 1:24:27 AM   
ahauschild

Would be nice during the Upgrade window to show also on the bottom one box with current upgrades allready, and another box with the upgrade explanation when you click on it. I hate having to dig out the manual to read up on this things while playing, that kind of info would be great to have from the start.

Also on the Build screens for units. would be nice if you right clicked on a unit it would give you the explanation and special rules for it in a pop up

Post #: 104
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/12/2005 1:40:51 AM   
Jordan

Must you have an enforced alliance before you can demand that a defeated country lend you troops? If not, I think you should. This feature is open to exploitation.

Also, is there a time limit, similar to the other clauses, for removing a leader? After sitting in the penalty box for a specified time period they should be allowed to return. If Napoleon is removed he should have a 5% cumulative chance each month after the treaty is ratified of returning to France (and thereby breaking the treaty). France shoudn't lose glory points for the break...maybe they should even gain some.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 105
RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch - 7/14/2005 5:38:51 PM   
nukkxx5058

i continue my suggestions list (some have probably been already mentioned but it's never bad to repeat :

1- one additional zoom OUT to cover at least 80percent of the map is necessary (to have a global picture better than the mini-map

2- possibility to change country colors on strategic map

3- improve the "view trade routes" mode wich is absolutely unclear and considerably slows down the PC)

4- improve the economic and trades reports which are unclear

(in reply to Jordan)
Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: Wish List: Suggestions for a future patch Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI