Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Late April 1862

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Late April 1862 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Late April 1862 - 11/12/2006 8:03:52 PM   
jchastain

And that's it for another turn. It is back in Gil's hands now.

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 181
Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:31:11 AM   
jchastain

This is a turn from last night I just didn't have time to post it, so you may have already seen Gil's actions.

Ack! We "won" the attack on the fort... but there were no casualties on either side????? Hmmmmm.... I'm thinking that's a bug. There was a bug report on that earlier but I thought it had been resolved. Clearly it hasn't been. I'll report that one and lick my wounds at the wasted time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 182
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:33:08 AM   
jchastain

Doh! DC is hit by disease. This could get ugly. I'm counting well over 5000 men lost on this page along.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 183
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:34:27 AM   
jchastain

Oh my... a whole 'nother page. Ouch. I don't even want to think about counting this up. Let's just say it's bad and leave it at that.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 184
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:36:54 AM   
jchastain

There's the end of them but I think it is safe to say that the AoP was decimated. Maybe I shouldn't have left them quite so concentrated.... especially considering that Washington is in no danger.

France support for the CSA increases. This is getting old. Will this nonsense never end?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 185
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:37:56 AM   
jchastain

Alright... here's the east and what's left of my army in Washington.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 186
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:40:11 AM   
jchastain

And the middle Tennessee Army. There was no battle so they apparently got out of Knoxville safely. Odd to see his one unit out by itself. An attack that didn't go as planned or just recon? I'm really not looking for a fight with this army, but if all he's going to send is a cabin full of boyscouts then maybe I could take him. For now, I'll just hunker in here.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 187
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:44:53 AM   
jchastain

Now... back out west. Keyes will try to get away and attack yet again due to the... difficulty in taking the fort. Either way, it shouldn't hinder us much longer.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 188
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:48:03 AM   
jchastain

See as how Tennessee might actually see some combat, I suppose this art unit ought to go there for now.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 189
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:50:09 AM   
jchastain

Time to review supplies priorities once again. There are a few that seem a little out of whack. That artillary used a lot of supply moving. And the division it is landing in was already low. Time to use high priority for the first time in this game.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 190
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:53:15 AM   
jchastain

My favorite subject... diplomacy.... grrrrrr.... I'll nudge France back up... but only a little. Guess it will have to come from England. Not like my huge investment there have been bearing any fruit. That's been a real disappointment.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 191
RE: Early May 1862 - 11/14/2006 1:54:36 AM   
jchastain

I can build one unit this turn... I think I'll go with a siege art unit. For some reason, I'm thinking I might need it before this war is over.

And with that, yet another turn is done...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 192
Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:14:08 AM   
jchastain

Though one might not see it at first glance - afterall, there has yet to be any clash of any significance - the war is going well and the Forces of Freedom are on the move.

The siege on Ft Henry continues with the full force of our armies bearing against them.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 193
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:16:13 AM   
jchastain

And the fort which has caused so much trouble falls into friendly hands.

Lansing will begin its improved horse production next turn. Both camps and cavalry depend on horses so every little bit helps.

Reinforcements.... well.... we'll just say there is now ample need.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 194
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:19:59 AM   
jchastain

After all my efforts there, britain is now reducing its support. At least the Rebs are falling out of favor on the continent. I still think with my investment level that everyone should be downright in love with me, but I'll settle for neutral relations all the way around so I'll call this a win for the goods guys and move on.

Yet another governor wanting yet more stuff. I really haven't been paying much attention to them. I'll at least give it some consideration this turn just to make sure I'm not creating any real political problems for myself.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 195
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:21:43 AM   
jchastain

This time, I'll start by looking out west where the real action is. Keyes did move down to Hatchie, but it appears the rebs evacuated before I got there. Looks like we're going to be playing hide and seek. That's all right as long as we're turning the map blue as we go.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 196
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:24:26 AM   
jchastain

I'm going to want to chase Sibley and Hindman down. The objective after all is to destroy those forces and leave the west open. Before I move down there though, I've finally got enough weapons to buy that big cannon I've had my eye one. Let's get an Ordnance Rifle for the Art unit attached to Keye's army. I feel sorry for any unit that falls into the sights of that baby, but that's what they get for wearing dingy gray on a bright summer day.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 197
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:26:35 AM   
jchastain

OK, while I am thinking about it, let's also move a couple junk brigades into Ft Henry. I worked hard enough to get the darn thing; I don't want to move on and leave the place unattended so that enemy troops can come along behind me and take up residence and make me take the darn thing all over again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 198
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:37:14 AM   
jchastain

OK, now we finally move in to lay siege to Nashville. That fort seems well manned... see all those green dots below it? And I bet he's got a mean gun there too. But it is still a jewel worth the effort because it is the captial of Tennessee. Not only do provinces have owners, so do states. By taking the capital, I will control the state government and can depose the current governor and install someone more... suitable. While you get income from all provinces and cities you control, resource production is halved if you do not control the state. So by taking Nashville, I will not only take its production away from the Rebs, but I will also halve the production he is getting out of Chattanooga and Knoxville. And while we may have some big guns, I have a lot of low quality cannon fodder in these armies that are perfect for soaking up the casualties and a fleet of gunboatds that will make sure that he takes his share of damage too.

I'm still not sure what Johnston and Bragg are up to. I think I'll move my army from Lexington to Bowling Green. This actually serves a couple of purposes. First, he'll see all the armies in close proximity and be less inclined to come my way - that's the theory anyway. And since these are my shock troops, I'd just as soon not engage him quite yet. In addition to that though, I like the thought of taking the railroads that connect kentucky with Nashville. That will give me additional supply and reinforcement options. Finally, those raiders need to be adjacent to an enemy province to be effective. Pulaski still tocuhed him, but eventually, he'll have to move on (unless Gil forgets to deal with him in which case I'll benefit even more). With the move, I'll still be close enough to Lexington to react if need be. But I see a lot of benefit in turning Bowling Green to blue.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 199
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:40:57 AM   
jchastain

My primary army will enter mississippi in chase of his fleeing forces. With any luck, we'll engage. I am purposely going to bypass Memphis. He's clearly invested a lot of time and money into those forts. Let them rot. His entire underbelly is soft for the taking. He's chosen to make a stand at a place that isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things and he's wasted a lot of money building defenses that I don't need to scale. If he expected me to delay myself there, he's sadly mistaken. I've learned my lesson the hard way at Ft Henry. I won't make that mistake again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 200
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:45:01 AM   
jchastain

Looking at the map, with a sound thrashing of his forces in Northen Mississippi, I'll be on the rail line and could follow it west all the way to chattanooga and then memphis. Let's my troops get some battle experience against this half of his western armies and then I can turn to face the other half. At that point, I could continue into Virginia to face the ANV or head south to Atlanta to destroy his economy. Once the siege of Nashville is complete, I'll have plenty of garbage forces to lay siege all across the south. The key is the battle army. I need to use it to destroy his forces so he can't properly engage my horde of siegers.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 201
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:52:57 AM   
jchastain

OK, time to throw some smoke his way in the East and keep the powerful ANV sitting out of the real fight. The disease losses in Washington suggest I should reduce the concentration anyway, so I might as well confuse him a bit. I'll take one division up to Annapolis and another will pass through there and Cumberland and into the mountains to his west. There is a good chance they won't make it since I am taking them the long way to steer clear of his forts in Fredericksburg but we'll see. I can't go too far from Washington. He's likely been doing a lot more imporvements to the ANV than I have to the AoP so I don't want to draw him into my capital as I'm not entirely convinced I'd win that fight. The defensive bonuses are pretty steep and I did upgrade a few key brigades there to the improved springfields, so I'm not exactly throwing caution to the wind. But let's see how he reacts to a little razzle dazzle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 202
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:54:36 AM   
jchastain

OK, let's look at diplomacy. Whatever. I just hope I don't lose any more ground. I still want to pull my spending out of there eventually, but I've resigned myself that it won't be soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 203
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 4:59:02 AM   
jchastain

OK, time to check in on the governors. From the City Screen, I will again filter on those that have demands. Pennsylvania makes the list and has three key cities. I'll look there first. He's a loyal ally and he's very strong politically. Best of all, he has a low temper. That means his reaction won't be too bad if we ignore him. This is one of those instances we really can afford to take a friend for granted since the last thing I want to waste my money on right now is a naval college. We'll invite him to a white house dinner or something but other than that, he gets nothing. Sorry Andrew, but nice guys really do finish last.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 204
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:01:40 AM   
jchastain

Looking next at Maryland, we have a very different situation indeed. He's weak politically, and a staunch adversary. He's a democrat, opposing musters but asking for a bank. Yeah right. I'm not sure I'm mind seeing him find another occupation come election time. One thing for sure, he's not getting a bank.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 205
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:03:10 AM   
jchastain

Turning to the Commonwealth of Massachussetts, we have a trusted ally who is strong politically with a moderate to low temper. He wants a Lab. We need that anyway and he is a friend, so that's not a bad option.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 206
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:05:49 AM   
jchastain

And Rhod.... errr..... 6, 3, 3, 3... who cares.

So, we'll build that lab in Boston.

As for Maryland, I still think a regime change might not be a bad thing. He opposes muster, so let's give it a whirl. And impress some labor also. That doesn't seem to make a governor popular. Go ahead... explain to the home folks why they should re-elect you mr democrat.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 207
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:07:22 AM   
jchastain

And I still have 50 money left. Perhaps now is a good time to go ahead and purchase one of those higher quality INF unit I was talking about to help put some solid troops in the center of the line. Springfield'll do as a build point.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 208
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:14:28 AM   
jchastain

I haven't peeked in on research lately. Let's see how it is going.

Weapons appear to be getting close again. Engineering is coming along well. Good, we need better siege technology to be sure. Logistics is lagging a bit but we just built that new lab, so hopefully that will help. Training is coming along and naval... who cares.

Experience is unlike other research avenues. It can only be raised through battle experience. With any luck Johnny Reb will come out to play and we'll see it moving up soon.

I'd like to see better progress in Logistics, Training, and especially Engineering. So many needs. But we're making progress.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 209
RE: Late May 1862 - 11/14/2006 5:17:33 AM   
jchastain

And ending my turn... bingo... upgrade. Telescoping sights are nice. I passed on them last time because I had no sharpshooters and... I again have no sharpshooters. I really need to fix that one of these days. The other choice is Heavy Artillery Infrastructure. Gee, I've been building a reasonable amount of Artillery. I wonder which I should choose. Artillery wins. I can't wait to see what the new choices will be next time I upgrade some weps. And with those Siege guns in process, I might very well have additional options there as well. All-in-all, I'm happy with that choice.

OK, back to Gil to see what he'll do.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Late April 1862 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI