Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

movies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> movies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
movies - 2/15/2007 3:30:04 AM   
freeboy

I just watched The Patriot, next will see the Last Of the Mohicans, nothing like some movies set in these time frames to get the blood flowing.. an aside just finished my first"easy" settings revolutionary campiegn win, pretty easy after you figure out the poor Brits are so slow. I am sure the harder levels will be, well harder!

< Message edited by freeboy -- 2/15/2007 7:31:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: movies - 2/15/2007 5:14:02 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Both are good movies. I enjoyed both.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: movies - 2/15/2007 10:45:09 AM   
korrigan

IMHO, you should also check:

1) The Crossing (Washy and the Continental army, superb!)

2) Barry Lindon

3) Revolution

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 3
RE: movies - 2/15/2007 2:50:52 PM   
smallie1

OK, not movies, but I highly recommend books by Allan Eckert: Wilderness Empire and Wilderness War. They both cover activites by the indians and the settlers, with neither necessarily being heros or villians. They were what they were. The first covers up to the defeat of the French in the French & Indian wars, the second from that point through the revolution.

The two are part of a 6 part series covering the expansion into the Northwest territories. The books are in historical narrative form, very well researched. The author claims every action actually occurred, with the dialouge being built from assumption. It may sound like it could be hokey, but it works.

The scene in Last of... where the massacre occurs as the British are leaving Fort William & Henry (right fort?) seems to be taken directly from the books (well, the movie added Daniel Day Lewis), which if the author is right, is pretty close to how it happened

(in reply to korrigan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> movies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI