Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Perfect defense vs AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Perfect defense vs AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Perfect defense vs AI - 10/31/2000 3:20:00 AM   
Zarquon

One rainy night in the summer of '42 my German strike force was assaulted by the Soviets. Realising my 88's would loose their long range advantage (vis 8), I decided to get creative with some fixed defenses... Worked great. Decisive victory by turn 5, score 3346-0. No shots fired

The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.
Post #: 1
- 10/31/2000 5:44:00 AM   
hhsohn

Geez, I wish it was that easy. In my second battle as Germans against Russians in Babarossa, my forces ran into an infantry force supported by platoon each of KV-1, KV-2, T-34, and some light tanks. Visibility's down to 4 in this rainy night, and I only got one 88 no prime mover big enough for it. Not that it would've helped in this kinda visibility. Casualties are surprisingly light so far, but one of my PzIII platoon's been hit hard. I managed to separate the infantry with artillery fire, and all of their tanks are knocked out except for KV's. About half of them are immobilized, with my infantry stalking the rest. It's gonna hurt mopping up...

(in reply to Zarquon)
Post #: 2
- 10/31/2000 6:52:00 AM   
Toey

A truck load of mines I take it?

(in reply to Zarquon)
Post #: 3
- 10/31/2000 3:17:00 PM   
Zarquon

Nope, just 5 hexes with mines... And a lot more with obstacles and barbed wire. Frontline looked something like this: ------------- ------------------- ..............XXXXX........... ..............-----........... x= mines -= obstacle+ barbed wire. Poor AI tried to shove all his troops through that gap in the middle [This message has been edited by Zarquon (edited October 31, 2000).]

The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.

(in reply to Zarquon)
Post #: 4
- 10/31/2000 3:21:00 PM   
Zarquon

Hope it's clear. ASCII art is a bit tricky with proportional letters.

(in reply to Zarquon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Perfect defense vs AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI