Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/23/2010 3:54:51 PM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tornnight

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParachuteProne

quote:

ORIGINAL: tornnight

Perhaps a "Attack Immediately" Selection and a normal "Attack" selection which does normal fleet cohesion.

Good idea !

I'm really hoping something like this gets implemented. The "Assembling for Attack ..." message makes me insane when my mines are getting blown to bits.

FYI, we'll be adding something like this in the next version of this beta.

Thanks
Elliot

You guys are awesome. I really feel bad asking for all those things you end up implementing, its like we keep on generating work for you guys... :P

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 91
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/24/2010 4:16:38 PM   
Nebuladon

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

FYI, we'll be adding something like this in the next version of this beta.

Thanks
Elliot

Do you have a rough guess on when the next version is to be released? I'm itchin' to try it.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 92
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/25/2010 8:14:15 PM   
ZeroSum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nebuladon

Do you have a rough guess on when the next version is to be released? I'm itchin' to try it.

I am also interested on the eta of the next version.

(in reply to Nebuladon)
Post #: 93
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/26/2010 9:05:09 AM   
serptex

Honestly this is pathetic - you still haven't fixed the bug where your (or their) empire randomly stops its wars even when your fleets are in the middle of battles. Happened several times in one war.

Also I find it incredibly odd that the player empire should be reduced to pariah status (went from satisfactory to "evil" for destroying 6 ships) for attacking an enemy fleet arriving at your capital planet to enforce a blockade. Inciting a war I can understand, but not having half the galaxy attack you over a major territorial infraction by another empire.

I'm not sure about whether inciting rebellions at colonies is working properly at present - several years of near continuous inciting by 4 high level agents on a small enemy planet in one of my systems in the midst of my huge empire could not turn them or even get their happiness down below a certain level. If it is working then the system is pretty much a waste of time.

Finally the entire retrofitting system is rather dubious. The AI never retrofits for you or the AI empires (it seems), and the whole private sector is stuck with ancient tech. I was playing on a small galaxy and the private AI maxed out its fleet size some time before any of the advanced industrial techs were in play, so it was very noticeable that they gave no benefit as there were no ships or facilities being built that used them. Perhaps they should be spending their huge capital reserves on retrofitting their fleets and building mining installations?

(in reply to ZeroSum)
Post #: 94
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/27/2010 8:10:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZeroSum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nebuladon

I am also interested on the eta of the next version.

We're hoping to release this on Tuesday of this week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ZeroSum)
Post #: 95
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/27/2010 8:12:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: serptex
Honestly this is pathetic - you still haven't fixed the bug where your (or their) empire randomly stops its wars even when your fleets are in the middle of battles. Happened several times in one war.

Well, this is a beta and that bug was actually on the fix list for this beta. If we didn't manage to fix it entirely, please upload a save for us as that will greatly help with making sure it's completely fixed!

quote:

Also I find it incredibly odd that the player empire should be reduced to pariah status (went from satisfactory to "evil" for destroying 6 ships) for attacking an enemy fleet arriving at your capital planet to enforce a blockade. Inciting a war I can understand, but not having half the galaxy attack you over a major territorial infraction by another empire.

Could you upload a save? I would say this also needs an adjustment.

quote:

I'm not sure about whether inciting rebellions at colonies is working properly at present - several years of near continuous inciting by 4 high level agents on a small enemy planet in one of my systems in the midst of my huge empire could not turn them or even get their happiness down below a certain level. If it is working then the system is pretty much a waste of time.

Upload a save please.

quote:

Finally the entire retrofitting system is rather dubious. The AI never retrofits for you or the AI empires (it seems), and the whole private sector is stuck with ancient tech. I was playing on a small galaxy and the private AI maxed out its fleet size some time before any of the advanced industrial techs were in play, so it was very noticeable that they gave no benefit as there were no ships or facilities being built that used them. Perhaps they should be spending their huge capital reserves on retrofitting their fleets and building mining installations?

I've seen the AI do retrofits in both cases, it could be this recently broke or that it's situational. Could you upload a save please?

I can't stress enough how helpful saves can be since the various permutations and possibilities in the game are almost infinitely complex.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to serptex)
Post #: 96
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/27/2010 8:14:13 PM   
Justascratch

Hi guys,

I'm just getting ready to hit the road and didn't have time to check that this issue has not already been posted.

I've installed the latest patch so my configuration should be current.

I just noticed that when I upgrade my small, medium, and large construction ports with level 200 construction yards that all the old level 100 yards remain on the stations after I retrofit them.

I am careful to delete all the level 100 units in the design screen before adding the level 200 units so I don't think it's a player error.

Thanks for taking a look.

(in reply to serptex)
Post #: 97
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/28/2010 3:00:39 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justascratch

Hi guys,

I'm just getting ready to hit the road and didn't have time to check that this issue has not already been posted.

I've installed the latest patch so my configuration should be current.

I just noticed that when I upgrade my small, medium, and large construction ports with level 200 construction yards that all the old level 100 yards remain on the stations after I retrofit them.

I am careful to delete all the level 100 units in the design screen before adding the level 200 units so I don't think it's a player error.

Thanks for taking a look.

Actually noticed this myself last night, so its not just you.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Justascratch)
Post #: 98
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/28/2010 6:56:38 PM   
SilverRocket

I've picked up the new patch recently and enjoying it, having previously only patched up to 1.03. The game seems a lot better, not least the vastly reduced save/load times...thanks to the Codeforce guys!

Just a minor request for the next patch. Could we please get 100,000 credit and 1,000,000 credit buttons for the diplomacy screen? A long term solution might be a text box for money amounts (so you don't have to re-click a bunch of times if an offer is rejected) but for the next patch just the extra buttons would be great.

Thanks

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 99
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/28/2010 8:01:04 PM   
XoX

wrong thread

< Message edited by XoX -- 6/28/2010 8:25:59 PM >

(in reply to Mysterius)
Post #: 100
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/28/2010 8:06:38 PM   
jalapen0

quote:

ORIGINAL: XoX

DW is certainly better than MOO3. Its a lovely piece of software. It really feels like space empires battling it out in my computer. The scale is believably huge.

But.
Is it a game?

The automation is just...you can sit back and do nothing and it will play the game for you. This is good at times. It takes away the boring fiddly bits you don't want to do. But when you've no choice on automation- arghh!

I'm not in the beta patch, I'm on the last official one (.4 iirc?), but this improvment in the beta sounds...iffy too. So I can stop my fleet rushing to their death against the enemy homeworld. Thats nice. But due to the grand alteration my home system defence ships will then sit idly by whilst the enemy picks off my outer worlds.....
Hmm... I am tempted to try it out but then I'd have to betray my principles and actually register a game for once....I'll see. Right now I'm just turned right off the game again- think I'll leave it another few patchs before I try it out again.

All I'd like is a big button to lock certain ships. Completely turn off automation only on this ship/fleet. A big fat "Do what I say!" button. A little automation- fine. You shouuldn't have to click every individual enemy to target actually within a fight. When attacked they should fight back. But full scale going off to kill themselves?

Did you post in the wrong thread?

(in reply to XoX)
Post #: 101
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/28/2010 8:27:20 PM   
XoX

quote:

DW is certainly better than MOO3. Its a lovely piece of software. It really feels like space empires battling it out in my computer. The scale is believably huge.

But.
Is it a game?

The automation is just...you can sit back and do nothing and it will play the game for you. This is good at times. It takes away the boring fiddly bits you don't want to do. But when you've no choice on automation- arghh!

I'm not in the beta patch, I'm on the last official one (.4 iirc?), but this improvment in the beta sounds...iffy too. So I can stop my fleet rushing to their death against the enemy homeworld. Thats nice. But due to the grand alteration my home system defence ships will then sit idly by whilst the enemy picks off my outer worlds.....
Hmm... I am tempted to try it out but then I'd have to betray my principles and actually register a game for once....I'll see. Right now I'm just turned right off the game again- think I'll leave it another few patchs before I try it out again.

All I'd like is a big button to lock certain ships. Completely turn off automation only on this ship/fleet. A big fat "Do what I say!" button. A little automation- fine. You shouuldn't have to click every individual enemy to target actually within a fight. When attacked they should fight back. But full scale going off to kill themselves?

Yup, let that be a lesson not to drink and use two windows!

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 102
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/29/2010 5:46:28 PM   
WoodMan

Is the new Beta still coming today?  Is this an American company btw or European?  I only ask because its 6pm here 

(in reply to XoX)
Post #: 103
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/29/2010 6:02:39 PM   
Icesavage

Codeforce is from New Zealand.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 104
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/29/2010 6:36:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, I'm working on the installer right now, it's coming...

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Icesavage)
Post #: 105
RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! - 6/29/2010 7:52:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

The 1.0.5.7 Public Beta is now available, please see here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2509795

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New 1.0.5.6 Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI