Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is this on purpose?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Is this on purpose? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is this on purpose? - 11/28/2011 4:51:14 PM   
solops

A cap on extraction rate with random depletion/discovery, is fine. The game remains playable. I do not know how important mineral transport is, but it should be a big deal.

< Message edited by solops -- 11/28/2011 4:52:37 PM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 31
RE: Is this on purpose? - 11/28/2011 5:28:00 PM   
nammafia

Also tweaks to how automate constructors response to build station request at planets because they currently don't build stations I requested in my game (Legends 1701, Human). At least, they are not building right now and I am still playing.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: Is this on purpose? - 11/28/2011 8:55:30 PM   
the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: w1p

Let me get this right.

Resources are infinite unless a random event removes them (but on the flip side random event sometimes ADDS them)

Your mining rate is 10, which is 10 per tick (for example) and if the resource is 50% you mine at 50% efficiency? *edit so 50% of 10 is 5 per tick*

But there is a cap, which means once you start mining at 40 per tick (if that's 4 basic mining extractors on a 100%, or 4 high tech ones on 60% etc. etc.) then there's no point having any more?

Can this cap be explained a bit more please, confused!!

I agree that this is completely unclear and needs to be clarified, and the Galactopedia updated with the specific info.

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 33
RE: Is this on purpose? - 11/28/2011 10:45:10 PM   
freeboy

If legends plays like the first DW, thenone should be able to tweek the amounts of things in the setup... again, no first hand exp with legends but that may help those wanting easier tie with resources..

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Is this on purpose? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI