Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replenishment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Replenishment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replenishment - 10/12/2013 2:26:53 PM   
Rudd

I think this has been covered but I can not find it (ports is to broad a search term)
1. Can ports replenish(fuel/ammo) ships/subs?
2. What units(pier, ammo dump, etc) need to be in the port to accomplish this?

An issue I can see happening(I have not tested) is small coastal or in-shore boats(and possibly mini-subs) with little fuel or ammo will be dead in the water after a few hours/days, which may be before scenario is done. Any chance they can get some "replenishment logic", possibly like the in-flight refuelling, example. small boat on an area patrol, runs bingo fuel, returns to port refuels/rearms, proceeds back to area patrol.

On the blue water side, if a SAG has a tanker/ammo ship in the group, will the ships rearm/refuel by themselves?

< Message edited by Rudd -- 10/12/2013 2:30:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Replenishment - 10/12/2013 2:47:45 PM   
Rudd

How does my super advanced extra specially modified world see-er spy boat get gas? lol

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 2
RE: Replenishment - 10/12/2013 5:24:22 PM   
F4Phantom

I recommend reading the book "How to avoid huge ships" :D

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 3
RE: Replenishment - 10/12/2013 8:39:51 PM   
JeffP

I'm afraid that I can't be much help because I haven't had any success replenishing ships. I tried to replenish a US carrier with an AOE hoping to get some more AIM-120's. I removed the AOE from the carrier group because someone on here had success doing it that way and then set my carrier to 'replenish if possible'. I even maneuvered the two ships into very close proximity but I never could get the carrier to replenish. I haven't tried ports because the scenario I'm running, Brass Drum, has no friendly ports. Do some scenarios not allow replenishment? Has anyone had success with this? If you have and could post a detailed procedure it would probably help a lot of us. Some things like this could be expanded upon in the manual too. Thanks!

(in reply to F4Phantom)
Post #: 4
RE: Replenishment - 10/12/2013 9:45:39 PM   
smudge56

I'm sure someone will be able to help.

(in reply to JeffP)
Post #: 5
RE: Replenishment - 10/13/2013 9:54:36 AM   
Der Zeitgeist

As far as I can tell from my tests, UNREP seems to work at least for fuel. The major problem right now is that most replenishment ships in the database right now are simply placeholders, because the flag "can refuel" and "can replenish" is not set for them. That applies to all German Navy ships, for example.

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 6
RE: Replenishment - 10/13/2013 9:57:43 AM   
Der Zeitgeist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

As far as I can tell from my tests, UNREP seems to work at least for fuel. The major problem right now is that most replenishment ships in the database right now are simply placeholders, because the flag "can refuel" and "can replenish" is not set for them. That applies to all German Navy ships, for example.

I'm sure the dev's can enlighten us how many years they plan to work on the Database until it is considered complete for current units, without a clear mechanism to report the thousands of errors and omissions in it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

< Message edited by Der Zeitgeist -- 10/13/2013 9:58:50 AM >

(in reply to Der Zeitgeist)
Post #: 7
RE: Replenishment - 10/13/2013 1:50:43 PM   
smudge56

So can you fully replenish anywhere in the game yet? Apart from air bases.

< Message edited by Blighty56 -- 10/13/2013 2:14:39 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Replenishment - 10/13/2013 6:37:24 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

quote:

I'm sure the dev's can enlighten us how many years they plan to work on the Database until it is considered complete for current units, without a clear mechanism to report the thousands of errors and omissions in it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Please post any errors & omissions in this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106

Thanks!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Replenishment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI