Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 4/15/2001 5:24:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher: Economic interests are forced through under the cover of human-rights that should have been broken by the "enemy" who causes problems for the money. MONEY is MORE IMPORTANT than the HUMAN RIGHTS.
How sad but true. But some think that capitalism doesn't have bas sides. I know that I'll be declared as communist by some all-knowing American. But I do like capitalism, just not on american way.
quote:

Youre in no way better than the average neo-nazi!
Didn't you go a bit too far with that line? And now, back to SP: WaW!!

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 61
- 4/15/2001 7:15:00 AM   
Christopher

quote:

Originally posted by Blackbird: Didn't you go a bit too far with that line?
Nice to see someone, who does not simply ignore serious postings. :) But no, I think this comparison fits very well. I was not talking about "true" nazis like hitler and other fanatics. No need to say that I wish them a thousand deaths for what they have done, knowing what they were doing. No, this guy and all with such an attitude share very much with the neo-nazis. They think that they are right with everything, they are doing. They generalize everything and everyone, who does not agree with them, as their enemy. They cannot think beyond the tip of their nose. And finally, they do not care if anybody is offended by what they say. If this idiot knew what most people in germany know, he would never have given such a comment. I can just give him the advice not to tell something like that again, no matter to whom, cause it hurts badly. :(

Lewer duad üs Slav!

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 62
- 4/15/2001 6:43:00 PM   
murx

Hi Christopher, it still IS a bit too rude, esp. when not everyone has the same view on what Nationalsozialism was/is... But to give actual information - the kind of people you get after they finished the 'boot' camps (for criminals in US I'm talking of) will make optimal obiedient peasants that will easily work in a KZ/death camp without objecting what they do. The things that happened in Europe (not only German pople 'worked' in such caps, but Rumanian, Polish, French (yes!), people from Neitherland - in short from every Nation Gerany conquered at that time. And before that in 18?? (don't know the exact year) the 'British Empire' used 'death camps' (hich aimed to kill by hunger, thurst and labour) in the 'Burenkrieg' in South Afrika to kill the Buren (Buren were colonist fro Neitherland I think). The way slaves were transported to the young US of A and used there are very close to death camps, and the American natives that were held in so called 'reservate' did often die of hunger, thurst and cold too as the reservates were on poor land.. One has to be very careful to say 'Neo-Nazi' - it is in my experience not due to some single minded humans but infact a mental stream of the whole population. Just do a time-travel (in mind) and ask yourself, would have been member of the Hitler Youth ? Would I have been a soldier in the Wehrmacht or even SS ? Go back in time and ask at what age what thing you would have done in the Third Reich ... you might be very surprised. I can say if I were 9 years old in '33 I probably would have been a soldier - even an officer (at least NCO) by '42 - not because I like what happened at that time but because I understand the ways things changed people at that time (at least I think). murx

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 63
- 4/15/2001 8:43:00 PM   
Christopher

quote:

Originally posted by murx: Hi Christopher, it still IS a bit too rude, esp. when not everyone has the same view on what Nationalsozialism was/is... But to give actual information - the kind of people you get after they finished the 'boot' camps (for criminals in US I'm talking of) will make optimal obiedient peasants that will easily work in a KZ/death camp without objecting what they do. The things that happened in Europe (not only German pople 'worked' in such caps, but Rumanian, Polish, French (yes!), people from Neitherland - in short from every Nation Gerany conquered at that time. And before that in 18?? (don't know the exact year) the 'British Empire' used 'death camps' (hich aimed to kill by hunger, thurst and labour) in the 'Burenkrieg' in South Afrika to kill the Buren (Buren were colonist fro Neitherland I think). The way slaves were transported to the young US of A and used there are very close to death camps, and the American natives that were held in so called 'reservate' did often die of hunger, thurst and cold too as the reservates were on poor land.. One has to be very careful to say 'Neo-Nazi' - it is in my experience not due to some single minded humans but infact a mental stream of the whole population. Just do a time-travel (in mind) and ask yourself, would have been member of the Hitler Youth ? Would I have been a soldier in the Wehrmacht or even SS ? Go back in time and ask at what age what thing you would have done in the Third Reich ... you might be very surprised. I can say if I were 9 years old in '33 I probably would have been a soldier - even an officer (at least NCO) by '42 - not because I like what happened at that time but because I understand the ways things changed people at that time (at least I think). murx
Hi murx! *g* (nice nick, btw..) Well, I agree with u in the first point. But I think that it is still another thing, if u take a look at the ideology, which was behind that all. Ya know, this whole **** with the aryan race and so on. Another point is, that I wonder, why they are legal in the us. No nazis, but when they are in the us, its ok. (even when supporting their comrades in germany) Which brings me to ur second point. I think guys with such an attitude, like delta seems to have, follow a "light" form of fascism. I hope that it was simply a "grip into the ****" as I would say in german. But since there has not even been an excuse by him, I presume that he really has a nationalistic attitude. Everyone has to accept critics on "his" government. If he cant stand constructive critics, its his problem. But as Fredde, Jackk and Blackbird have already pointed out under the sorry china topic, it is not ok, when people from another country are insulted or even hated just because of their government or the things that happened in their country. And in an officially "international" board, even wannabe-patriots (bah, I hate that word "nationalists" fits better) have to accept that. Remember a good quote... "Behandel deinen politischen Gegner so, wie du von deinem politischen Gegner behandelt werden möchtest!" .. dunno if its translated correct "Treat your politic opponent, like you want to be treated by him!" Well, and to the last point. I dunno how I would have been like, when I was raised in that time. But fact is, there were people who thought different. My grandpa had many penfriends all over the world, before the war. His dad came from polen and married in germany. The Wehrmacht didnt care that, though the name Goralczyk is very obvious. Well, his leg was smashed by a falling down part of a Flak, and he came into a hospital. After the end of the war he went into russian imprisonment for 5 years. I cannot say for sure, what he thought, but since he studied linguistics (hope thats correct) I cannot imagine that people like him have ever agreed with the nazis. After all, we were talking about the now and here. And Im very glad to be raised in a Federal Republic and not under dictatorship.

Lewer duad üs Slav!

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI