Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Display problems.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Display problems. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Display problems. - 9/6/2017 5:20:20 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

Explained in the Gorn dialect....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4296266

That's "gornish dialect". When will you people ever get it right? Do you capitalize "human" all the time? As in, "I have a friend who's pretty cool except he's one of those miserable Humans!"

Well... in my Intergalactic Dictionary it says both Human and Gorn can be in capitalization form. And according to my 10th grade Gornish teacher....

You had a Gornish teacher? For real? From Gornwall - in England? Maybe Obvert know him/her!

(HighJack/Off)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 31
RE: Display problems. - 9/6/2017 5:34:37 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

Explained in the Gorn dialect....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4296266

That's "gornish dialect". When will you people ever get it right? Do you capitalize "human" all the time? As in, "I have a friend who's pretty cool except he's one of those miserable Humans!"

Well... in my Intergalactic Dictionary it says both Human and Gorn can be in capitalization form. And according to my 10th grade Gornish teacher....

You had a Gornish teacher? For real? From Gornwall - in England? Maybe Obvert know him/her!

(HighJack/Off)

What sayeth the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 32
RE: Display problems. - 9/6/2017 8:23:27 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Floyd Rehkopf

I have two questions before I attempt a game again. 1st question did I need to select a compatibility mode? 2nd question the map is large but the bases seem small (maybe my old eyes cant see well) can they be made larger? Again thanks for all the help and information

Lower resolution helps.

I run my game at 1280 x 720.

Unfortunately my graphics driver won't display that resolution as full screen if I launch the game with my monitor in default 1920 x 1080.

I get a square in the center of my monitor with black surround in the wide screen area.

I have to change my monitor resolution to 1280 x 720 before launching the game to get the 1280 x 720 to display full screen.

I see a much smaller area of the strategic map at that resolution, but icons and text are actually large enough to discern and read.

Works for me.

Hans

(in reply to floyd17)
Post #: 33
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 12:46:37 AM   
floyd17

I have change my string to -deepColor -skipVedio -fd -px1920 -py1080 -altFont - SingleCpuOrders. I tried to add dd_sw and the game playes song but no display. I will play the game as is. Thanks for all the help

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 34
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 1:27:10 AM   
witpqs

quote:

I have change my string to -deepColor -skipVedio -fd -px1920 -py1080 -altFont - SingleCpuOrders. I tried to add dd_sw and the game playes song but no display. I will play the game as is. Thanks for all the help

No display of what?

-skipVidio (not -skipVedio which you have above) tells the game to skip the introduction video.

Is performance for scrolling OK now?

(in reply to floyd17)
Post #: 35
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 2:06:41 AM   
btd64

It's -skipVideo ....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 36
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 3:01:08 AM   
floyd17

It fixed he spelling issue. I still get the screens where you select the perferences ad scenario screens are small and at the lower right of my screen. When the map screen comes up it is full screen and I can move around with the arrow keys. Still new to windows 10. now I will try a game. Sorry about spelling but my wife's cancer and my bad hip takes most of my time. Again I really apprienceate the help. I will keep trying.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 37
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 3:54:58 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

It's -skipVideo ....GP

I have no excuse!

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 38
RE: Display problems. - 9/7/2017 3:57:30 AM   
witpqs

quote:

It fixed he spelling issue. I still get the screens where you select the perferences ad scenario screens are small and at the lower right of my screen. When the map screen comes up it is full screen and I can move around with the arrow keys. Still new to windows 10. now I will try a game. Sorry about spelling but my wife's cancer and my bad hip takes most of my time. Again I really apprienceate the help. I will keep trying.

Have you tried windowed mode instead of full screen just to see if it works? I think adding -w will do that.

BTW, unrelated: also add the -archive switch to save the report files in an archive sub-folder under the SAVE sub-folder.

(in reply to floyd17)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Display problems. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI