Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 2/18/2020 10:12:42 PM   
stilesw

quote:

The 1972 variants of the A-6E have advanced computing bombsights but the 1975 variants have ballistic computing. If possible can the CWDB and DB3K versions of the 1975 A-6E have advanced computing bombsights or the 1972 variants of the A-6E have ballistic computing to correct this downgrade in bombsights?

Logged.
-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Dreamsicle)
Post #: 841
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 3/25/2020 12:11:44 AM   
ljdramone

Possible database error:

Playing the Community Pack "Regulus" scenario with DB build 476, none of the American subs have Acoustic Intercept sensors.
Subs in the scenario are GUPPY IA, GUPPY IIA, and Grayback/Growler classes.

The Soviet subs in the same scenario do have Acoustic Intercept sensors (example: PL-613 Whiskey III has 1x Acoustic Intercept [MG-13 Svet])

I don't see Acoustic Intercept sensors on any of the GUPPY variants or any of the various Regulus SSG classes. The Soviet MG-13 Svet is listed in the DB as "Early 1950s Technology", so it seems likely American subs in the 1950s and 1960s would have had an equivalent sensor.

Thanks to the DB maintainers for keeping up with all of this!

< Message edited by ljdramone -- 3/25/2020 12:26:23 AM >

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 842
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/8/2020 10:28:44 PM   
kch

load out error

#86 AD-6 Skyraider (united states 1953)

When loading "mk81 LDGP, mk77 incendiary bomb" layout, the aircraft loads Mk82s, not Mk81s

(in reply to ljdramone)
Post #: 843
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/9/2020 8:14:06 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: kch

load out error

#86 AD-6 Skyraider (united states 1953)

When loading "mk81 LDGP, mk77 incendiary bomb" layout, the aircraft loads Mk82s, not Mk81s

Noted

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 844
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/9/2020 8:15:12 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: ljdramone

Possible database error:

Playing the Community Pack "Regulus" scenario with DB build 476, none of the American subs have Acoustic Intercept sensors.
Subs in the scenario are GUPPY IA, GUPPY IIA, and Grayback/Growler classes.

The Soviet subs in the same scenario do have Acoustic Intercept sensors (example: PL-613 Whiskey III has 1x Acoustic Intercept [MG-13 Svet])

I don't see Acoustic Intercept sensors on any of the GUPPY variants or any of the various Regulus SSG classes. The Soviet MG-13 Svet is listed in the DB as "Early 1950s Technology", so it seems likely American subs in the 1950s and 1960s would have had an equivalent sensor.

Thanks to the DB maintainers for keeping up with all of this!

Hi Thanks
anybody got any links to USN Acoustic Intercept Sensors :)

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to ljdramone)
Post #: 845
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/14/2020 5:38:32 PM   
Pygmalion

In doing research for a Rhodesia scenario, I've found several errors with the Rhodesian forces currently in the DB.

Find below a partial list of aircraft used by the Rhodesian Air Force. I've omitted training variants and non-combat aircraft, like the DC-8. Those with loadout issues are italicized. (I explain those issues below.) Those missing entirely (or at least missing Rhodesian versions) are bolded.

Rhodesian Combat Aircraft
Hawker Hunter FGA.9
Vampire FB.9
Vampire FB.52
Canberra B.2
Reims-Cessna FTB.337G "Lynx"
Provost Mk 52
C-47 (A Rhodesian version would be a standard C-47 with room for paratroopers, as in other countries.)
Alouette II
Alouette III (The RAF owned 6 Alouette IIs and 34 Alouette IIIs. I don't believe the Alouette II was ever used during Fireforce operations.)
AB.205

Loadout issues and loadouts for aircraft to be added are described below.

First, the Hunters. The RAF employed a unique bomb, the 450kg "Golf" Bomb. These were FAE bombs, apparently roughly as powerful as a standard 1000lb bomb. (The "Golf" Bomb is not currently in the DB. Be nice to see, but it can be approximated with 1000lb bombs.) More importantly, Rhodesian Hunters -- like most exported Hunters -- could also be equipped with Sidewinders for A2A missions, but I can't find any A2A loadout with Sidewinders for any Hunter variant.

Second, the Rhodesian Canberra B.2s currently have only a single combat loadout, with 6x 1000lb GPBs. An additional loadout should be added, replacing those GPBs with 6x Alpha Bomb Hoppers. The Alpha Bomb was actually a Rhodesian invention, and while the South African B(I).12 has a similar loadout (they adopted a modified version of the Alpha Bomb later), SA's Canberra is not appropriate for Rhodesian scenarios: the B(I).12 had external hardpoints, which allowed SA to attach 68 MM SNEB rockets; the Rhodies had no such luxury with their B.2s.

The Lynx was a fun little character. Essentially a Cessna Super Skymaster stuffed with hardpoints, the standard loadout included twin Browning .303 MGs, 37mm SNEBs, Alpha Bombs, Golf Bombs, and a frangible napalm drop tank. In a similar role before the Lynx came along was the Provost Mk.52, an armed version of the Provost trainer: these were armed with 2x 7.62mm MGs, and could take either 500lb bombs or rockets.

Finally, the Rhodesian Alouette IIIs should have several armed loadout options: their fire support was critical during the Bush Wars. RAF Alouette IIIs in the kill/command (or "K-Car") role were generally armed with an MG 151 firing out the port side, which could take either 200 or 400 HEI rounds. An alternate loadout used 4x Browning .303 MGs instead of the MG 151 (all also firing out the port side). In the gunship (or "G-Car") role, the Alouette IIIs were armed either with the 7.62 FN MAG or dual .303 MGs -- again, port side. These gunship variants also had room for 4x troopers. I'm not sure whether the Alouette IIs were ever armed or used in combat, so we can leave those be for now.

Let me know if you have any questions or need source information. All of this is info is freely available online, though corroborated in more detail by books I've read on the subject.

< Message edited by Pygmalion -- 4/14/2020 9:46:59 PM >

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 846
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/24/2020 8:34:46 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pygmalion

In doing research for a Rhodesia scenario, I've found several errors with the Rhodesian forces currently in the DB.

Find below a partial list of aircraft used by the Rhodesian Air Force. I've omitted training variants and non-combat aircraft, like the DC-8. Those with loadout issues are italicized. (I explain those issues below.) Those missing entirely (or at least missing Rhodesian versions) are bolded.

Rhodesian Combat Aircraft
Hawker Hunter FGA.9
Vampire FB.9
Vampire FB.52
Canberra B.2
Reims-Cessna FTB.337G "Lynx"
Provost Mk 52
C-47 (A Rhodesian version would be a standard C-47 with room for paratroopers, as in other countries.)
Alouette II
Alouette III (The RAF owned 6 Alouette IIs and 34 Alouette IIIs. I don't believe the Alouette II was ever used during Fireforce operations.)
AB.205

Loadout issues and loadouts for aircraft to be added are described below.

First, the Hunters. The RAF employed a unique bomb, the 450kg "Golf" Bomb. These were FAE bombs, apparently roughly as powerful as a standard 1000lb bomb. (The "Golf" Bomb is not currently in the DB. Be nice to see, but it can be approximated with 1000lb bombs.) More importantly, Rhodesian Hunters -- like most exported Hunters -- could also be equipped with Sidewinders for A2A missions, but I can't find any A2A loadout with Sidewinders for any Hunter variant.

Second, the Rhodesian Canberra B.2s currently have only a single combat loadout, with 6x 1000lb GPBs. An additional loadout should be added, replacing those GPBs with 6x Alpha Bomb Hoppers. The Alpha Bomb was actually a Rhodesian invention, and while the South African B(I).12 has a similar loadout (they adopted a modified version of the Alpha Bomb later), SA's Canberra is not appropriate for Rhodesian scenarios: the B(I).12 had external hardpoints, which allowed SA to attach 68 MM SNEB rockets; the Rhodies had no such luxury with their B.2s.

The Lynx was a fun little character. Essentially a Cessna Super Skymaster stuffed with hardpoints, the standard loadout included twin Browning .303 MGs, 37mm SNEBs, Alpha Bombs, Golf Bombs, and a frangible napalm drop tank. In a similar role before the Lynx came along was the Provost Mk.52, an armed version of the Provost trainer: these were armed with 2x 7.62mm MGs, and could take either 500lb bombs or rockets.

Finally, the Rhodesian Alouette IIIs should have several armed loadout options: their fire support was critical during the Bush Wars. RAF Alouette IIIs in the kill/command (or "K-Car") role were generally armed with an MG 151 firing out the port side, which could take either 200 or 400 HEI rounds. An alternate loadout used 4x Browning .303 MGs instead of the MG 151 (all also firing out the port side). In the gunship (or "G-Car") role, the Alouette IIIs were armed either with the 7.62 FN MAG or dual .303 MGs -- again, port side. These gunship variants also had room for 4x troopers. I'm not sure whether the Alouette IIs were ever armed or used in combat, so we can leave those be for now.

Let me know if you have any questions or need source information. All of this is info is freely available online, though corroborated in more detail by books I've read on the subject.

Noted all on the to do list :)

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to Pygmalion)
Post #: 847
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/1/2020 3:47:54 PM   
TheOriginalOverlord

FYI the following US WW2 era DEs are supposed to have steam plants vs diesel plants.

DE 224 Rudderow
DE 339 J.C. Butler
DE 51 Buckley

The F-101 Voodoo has some engine discrepancies... some have a single J57-53 #1 others have 2x J57-P-55 #1.. this includes the RF-101 variants as well. The plane is supposed to have TWO engines.

Thanks!

< Message edited by TheOriginalOverlord -- 5/1/2020 3:48:18 PM >

Semper Fi!

Jeremy

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 848
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/1/2020 6:13:00 PM   
slimatwar

Possible wrong description for #268 F269 Meon says:
Type: LSH-Unknown!BritishDesignation!

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 849
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/4/2020 9:56:26 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheOriginalOverlord

FYI the following US WW2 era DEs are supposed to have steam plants vs diesel plants.

DE 224 Rudderow
DE 339 J.C. Butler
DE 51 Buckley

The F-101 Voodoo has some engine discrepancies... some have a single J57-53 #1 others have 2x J57-P-55 #1.. this includes the RF-101 variants as well. The plane is supposed to have TWO engines.

All noted

Thanks!

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to TheOriginalOverlord)
Post #: 850
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/4/2020 4:55:04 PM   
Fido81

This might contain what you’re looking for in terms of references to the acoustic intercept technologies. But as a history of ASW, it doesn’t really have technical specifications.
https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/docs/cold-war-asw.htm#PhaseI
Broadly speaking, what differentiates acoustic intercept systems from passive sonar?

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 851
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/11/2020 1:19:01 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fido81

This might contain what you’re looking for in terms of references to the acoustic intercept technologies. But as a history of ASW, it doesn’t really have technical specifications.
https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/docs/cold-war-asw.htm#PhaseI
Broadly speaking, what differentiates acoustic intercept systems from passive sonar?

Hi Tnx this will be helpfull

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 852
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/11/2020 2:12:50 PM   
Broncepulido

Passive sonar "hears" anything, and as complement sound intercept devices detect, classifies (determine type/name of active sonar) and localizes by triangulation hostile active sonars.
https://www.globecomposite.com/blog/silent-service-acoustic-intercept

Clearer here:
https://www.atlas-elektronik.com/fileadmin/user_upload/01_Images/Solutions/AI_R/AI_R_Datasheet.pdf
Quote from Atlas PDF:
Intercepted Acoustic Sources include:
„ Active sonar transmissions
„ Weapon and countermeasures deployment
„ Underwater communications
„ Platform mechanical, including transients machinery
state changes
„ Crew transients such as hatch drop

< Message edited by Broncepulido -- 5/15/2020 1:38:09 PM >

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 853
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/14/2020 11:20:11 PM   
SunlitZelkova

Hi,

I am planning to create scenarios involving Soviet heavy naval units. However there are a number of inaccuracies on the ships so I would like to request changes. All of my requests are for units I intend to use in scenarios.

All information is from the book Stalin's Ocean-Going Fleet: Soviet Naval Strategy and Shipbuilding Programmes 1935-1953 by Jurgen Rohwer and Mikhail S. Monakov

Changes to DBID #266 BB Oktoberskaya Revolutsiya -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1951, Cancelled Project

Length should be changed to 282 meters.

Standard displacement should be changed to 72950 tons.

Although I don't actually have information for it, presumably an HE shell existed for the 406mm guns of the Project 24 class battleship. I would like to request the creation of an HE salvo for the 406mm/50 Mk1 Triple Soviet mounts on the unit, but as I don't have details for the HE shell the specifications and parameters of the HE salvo may be decided by the DB manager.

The max speed should be lowered to 30 knots. The full throttle setting should become 25 knots.

Rename to BB Project 24 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 2x planned

Change the year of entry into service to 1959

Changes to DBID #315 AKR Project 72 CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1960

Length should be changed to 273 meters

Beam should be changed to 33.5 meters

Draft should be changed to 8.7 meters

Standard displacement should be changed to 30700 tons

Crew should be changed to 2300

Aircraft capacity should be changed to 62 medium aircraft in total. There is no information available for the amount of parking space on the deck and in the hangar so the DB manager may make decisions on how to divide it.

Rename to AKR Project 72 II-B CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 2x planned

If needed I can send a folder with pictures of the pages with the information.

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

(in reply to Broncepulido)
Post #: 854
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/18/2020 8:36:22 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlyForLenin

Hi,

I am planning to create scenarios involving Soviet heavy naval units. However there are a number of inaccuracies on the ships so I would like to request changes. All of my requests are for units I intend to use in scenarios.

All information is from the book Stalin's Ocean-Going Fleet: Soviet Naval Strategy and Shipbuilding Programmes 1935-1953 by Jurgen Rohwer and Mikhail S. Monakov

Changes to DBID #266 BB Oktoberskaya Revolutsiya -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1951, Cancelled Project

Although I don't actually have information for it, presumably an HE shell existed for the 406mm guns of the Project 24 class battleship. I would like to request the creation of an HE salvo for the 406mm/50 Mk1 Triple Soviet mounts on the unit, but as I don't have details for the HE shell the specifications and parameters of the HE salvo may be decided by the DB manager.

The max speed should be lowered to 30 knots. The full throttle setting should become 25 knots.

Rename to BB Project 24 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 2x planned

Changes to DBID #315 AKR Project 72 CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1960

Aircraft capacity should be changed to 62 medium aircraft in total. There is no information available for the amount of parking space on the deck and in the hangar so the DB manager may make decisions on how to divide it.

Rename to AKR Project 72 II-B CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 2x planned

Hi thanks
Soviet cancelled projects are always hard to model, thankyou for the additional data

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 855
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/20/2020 6:42:40 PM   
SunlitZelkova

quote:

ORIGINAL: .Sirius

quote:

Hi,

Hi thanks
Soviet cancelled projects are always hard to model, thankyou for the additional data

No problem! If you need I can give info on other ships too (Stalingrad class, Project 71 CV, etc.).

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 856
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/20/2020 8:21:51 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: .Sirius

quote:

Hi,

Hi thanks

No problem! If you need I can give info on other ships too (Stalingrad class, Project 71 CV, etc.).

Yes please :)

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 857
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/22/2020 8:39:10 AM   
SunlitZelkova

Here is data for the Stalingrad class battlecruisers, Kronshtadt class battlecruiser, Project 71 class carrier, and the German carrier Graf Zeppelin in Soviet service.

All information is from the book Stalin's Ocean-Going Fleet: Soviet Naval Strategy and Shipbuilding Programs 1935-1953 by Jurgen Rohwer and Mikhail S. Monakov

Changes to DBID #619 KR Kronshtadt -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1949, Cancelled Project

Draft should be changed to 8.9 meters

Standard displacement should be changed to 35240 tons

Crew should be changed to 1037

The armor thickness' to be changed are as follows, and should be changed to the corresponding level (light, medium, etc.) within the database.

Belt: 230 millimeters

Bulkhead: 330 millimeters

Deck: 120 millimeters

Engineering: 275 millimeters

Bridge: 50 millimeters

CIC: 330 millimeters

Rename to TKR Kronshtadt -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), x1, Never completed

Change year of entry into service to 1955

Changes to DBID #617 KR Stalingrad -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1956, Cancelled Project

Standard displacement should be changed to 36500 tons

The crew is actually 1710, currently it is 1712, because it is such a small difference this change is up to you.

The armor thickness' to be changed are as follows, and should be changed to the corresponding level (light, medium, etc.) within the database.

Belt: 180 millimeters

Bulkhead: 140 millimeters

Deck: 95 millimeters

Bridge: 250 millimeters

CIC: 250 millimeters

Max speed should be changed to 35.2 knots. Cruise throttle should be changed to 17 knots, full throttle should be changed to 30 knots. Fuel consumption should remain the same for all. A new engine DB entry will probably need to be made as it appears the Kronshtadt uses the same one currently and does not need to have its speed parameters changed.

Rename to TKR Pr. 82 Stalingrad -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 7x planned

Changes to DBID #623 RKR Stalingrad -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1961, SS-N-2, Cancelled Project

The crew is actually 1710, currently it is 1712, because it is such a small difference this change is up to you.

Max speed should be changed to 35.2 knots. Cruise throttle should be changed to 17 knots, full throttle should be changed to 30 knots. Fuel consumption should remain the same for all. A new engine DB entry will probably need to be made as it appears the Kronshtadt uses the same one currently and does not need to have its speed parameters changed.

Rename to TRKR Pr. 82R Arkhangelsk -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1961, SS-N-2, Cancelled Project

Changes to DBID #618 RKR Stalingrad -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1963, SS-N-3, Cancelled Project

The Hangar (1x Medium Aircraft) should be removed. Open Parking Spot (1x Medium Aircraft) should be added.

Rename to TRKR Project 82Rbis -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1963, SS-N-3, Proposed

Changes to DBID #310 AKR Project 71 CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1957

Length should be changed to 199 meters

Standard displacement should be changed to 10600 tons

Crew should be changed to 580

One of the Open Parking (10x Medium Aircraft) should be removed.

Soviet Carrier Steam currently used on the unit should be replaced by 2x GTZA TV-7 Boilers & Steam Turbines, like the ones on DBID #163 KR Chapaev. The Project 71 used the same hull as the Chapayev class cruisers. The max speed for the GTZA TV-7 Boilers & Steam Turbines should be changed to 33.5 knots (this will also fix the max speed of the Chapayev in the DB, which is currently a bit low).

Rename to AKR Project 71A CV -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 4x planned

Change year of entry into service to 1960

Changes to DBID #503 AKR Orlitsa (Ex Graf Zeppilin) -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1954, Cancelled Project

Draft should be changed to 8.5 meters

Standard displacement should be changed to 33550 tons

Crew should be changed to 1720

Belt: 100 millimeters

Deck: 45 millimeters

Engineering: 60 millimeters

One of the Open Parking (10x Medium Aircraft) should be removed

Rename to AKR Orlitsa (Ex-Graf Zeppelin) -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Fleet [V-MF]), 1956, Proposed Repair

Change year of entry into service to 1956

If needed I can provide a folder with pictures of the pages with the information.

I remember someone requesting the Project 85 class carrier awhile back, I don't know how far along the work on adding it to the DB is but if information is needed on it I have that too.

Also, there are some missing units- the Pr. 23NU Sovetsky Soyuz class battleship and the Project 66 class light cruiser. I am planning to request the former but I do not need the latter for any scenarios I plan to make, but for the sake of the completion of the addition of the cancelled Soviet heavy ships I can provide data for it if needed.

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 858
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/24/2020 7:08:44 PM   
miller7219

Requesting the following US Sub Classes be added to the Cold War Database 1946-1979 (CMANO and CMO) or corrections.

Suggested Corrections:

#463 SSRN 586 Triton (Navy) 1959-1961 - I think this is representing the re-classification of the Triton to an SSN in 1961. If so it should read:

SSN 586 Triton (Navy) 1961-1969

----------------------
#51 SS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1964-1975 - Grayback was re-classed from SSG to and APSS in 1968. She was decommissioned temporarily in 1964 while work was performed converting from the original SSG configuration to her final APSS layout. She decommissioned in 1984. I think this entry should read:

APSS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1968-1975

#324 SS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1975-1976 - See above for her classification. Multiple internet and book personal book resources indicate Grayback decommissioned in 1984. I think it should read:

APSS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1975

---------------------
#281 SSN 671 Narwahl (Navy) 1967-1969 - Multiple internet resources and personal book resources indicate Narwhal commissioned in 1969. I think this entry should be deleted.

--------------------
#324 SS 574 Halibut (Navy) 1975 - Multiple internet and personal book resources indicate she decommissioned in 1976 (not 1975). I think it should read:

SS 574 Halibut (Navy) 1976

---------------------
#222 SSN 594 Permit (Navy) 1962-1965 - This class was originally the SSN 593 Thresher (1961-1963) class. The Thresher was lost at sea in 1963 off the Boston coast and subsequently began to commonly be referred to as the Permit Class. I'd suggest either adding a specific SSN 593 Thresher entry OR simply changing the existing #222 entry to:

SSN 594 Permit (Navy) 1961-1965

---------------------
#506 SSN 685 Glenard P. Lipscomb (Navy) 1978 - Multiple internet and book resources indicated she commissioned in 1974. I think additional entries may be required beginning from 1974.

Suggested Additions:

SSN 597 Tullibee (1960-1988)

< Message edited by miller7219 -- 5/25/2020 12:00:01 AM >

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 859
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 5/24/2020 7:23:25 PM   
boogabooga

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ancalagon451

Found an errata in the Yak-9 Frank fuel consumption table, as you can see in the image the burned fuel while at max power if by far the lowest of all. Giving it an endurance of as many as 8! hours at max speed.

Ancalagon

It's not just the Yak-9, seems that many prop-driven A/C have this issue. I'm seeing it on AD Skyraider, B-29, B-36, etc. I'm wondering if the mil consumption was intended to be kg/s instead of per minute?

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 860
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/3/2020 4:06:21 AM   
miller7219

Additions

SV-1 - A/S radar that replaced the WWII SD sets. Was used on the the submarine radar picket conversions in 1947-48. Here's a couple of links:

https://maritime.org/tech/radiocat/sv.htm

No range given, but it references the scale goes up to 80nm.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a457262.pdf

Check pages 20-25. It's a little messy, but you can find the SV-1, SV-2, and SV-3 specs that may be helpful.

SV-3 - A/S radar used in the later Gato radar picket conversion @1952, and possibly an upgrade for the late 40's original radar picket subs.

Correction:

SV-2 - It's listed incorrectly in the database as a SS radar. It was actually a height finder used in conjunction with the above SV-1 in the sub radar picket conversion updates in 1952-53.

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 861
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/9/2020 6:53:08 AM   
boogabooga

Here is something interesting. Basically sonobuoys, but for land:
https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/195948/igloo-white/

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 862
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/11/2020 10:08:20 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller7219

Requesting the following US Sub Classes be added to the Cold War Database 1946-1979 (CMANO and CMO) or corrections.

Suggested Corrections:

#463 SSRN 586 Triton (Navy) 1959-1961 - I think this is representing the re-classification of the Triton to an SSN in 1961. If so it should read:

SSN 586 Triton (Navy) 1961-1969

----------------------
#51 SS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1964-1975 - Grayback was re-classed from SSG to and APSS in 1968. She was decommissioned temporarily in 1964 while work was performed converting from the original SSG configuration to her final APSS layout. She decommissioned in 1984. I think this entry should read:

APSS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1968-1975

#324 SS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1975-1976 - See above for her classification. Multiple internet and book personal book resources indicate Grayback decommissioned in 1984. I think it should read:

APSS 574 Grayback (Navy) 1975

---------------------
#281 SSN 671 Narwahl (Navy) 1967-1969 - Multiple internet resources and personal book resources indicate Narwhal commissioned in 1969. I think this entry should be deleted.

--------------------
#324 SS 574 Halibut (Navy) 1975 - Multiple internet and personal book resources indicate she decommissioned in 1976 (not 1975). I think it should read:

SS 574 Halibut (Navy) 1976

---------------------
#222 SSN 594 Permit (Navy) 1962-1965 - This class was originally the SSN 593 Thresher (1961-1963) class. The Thresher was lost at sea in 1963 off the Boston coast and subsequently began to commonly be referred to as the Permit Class. I'd suggest either adding a specific SSN 593 Thresher entry OR simply changing the existing #222 entry to:

SSN 594 Permit (Navy) 1961-1965

---------------------
#506 SSN 685 Glenard P. Lipscomb (Navy) 1978 - Multiple internet and book resources indicated she commissioned in 1974. I think additional entries may be required beginning from 1974.

Suggested Additions:

SSN 597 Tullibee (1960-1988)

Noted all on the to do list

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 863
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/20/2020 3:17:06 PM   
BDukes

Hello

Please add USMC RF-4B

https://twitter.com/kadonkey/status/1272215786128580612

Datas IOC 1965-1990

https://flyingleathernecks.org/project/mcdonnell-douglas-rf-4b-phantom-ii/

Loadouts

https://fas.org/irp/program/collect/rf-4.htm

Thank!

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 864
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/24/2020 11:55:38 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: BDukes

Hello

Please add USMC RF-4B

https://twitter.com/kadonkey/status/1272215786128580612

Datas IOC 1965-1990

https://flyingleathernecks.org/project/mcdonnell-douglas-rf-4b-phantom-ii/

Loadouts

https://fas.org/irp/program/collect/rf-4.htm

Thank!

Hi no problems

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 865
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 6/24/2020 3:55:36 PM   
BDukes

Hi

Can add UK and Indian 105mm FV-133 Abbotts

UK receive 1967-1968. 8 guns per battery.

crew 4, weight 16556kg dimension 5.84m l, 2.64m w, 2.489m h
same ammo as other UK 105mm
Retired from UK in early 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV433_Abbot_SPG

India receive 1971-1972 accordings to SIPRI DB

https://twitter.com/singhshwetabh71/status/1269852454356611074

Retired in 90s.

Thank!

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 866
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 7/6/2020 12:03:00 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

Hi

Can add UK and Indian 105mm FV-133 Abbotts

UK receive 1967-1968. 8 guns per battery.

crew 4, weight 16556kg dimension 5.84m l, 2.64m w, 2.489m h
same ammo as other UK 105mm
Retired from UK in early 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV433_Abbot_SPG

India receive 1971-1972 accordings to SIPRI DB

https://twitter.com/singhshwetabh71/status/1269852454356611074

Retired in 90s.

Thank!

Noted

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 867
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 7/7/2020 8:11:53 PM   
BDukes

Please add Mexican Navy Amphibs when have times.

L 402 Manzanillo (ex US LST 602-Chelan County Class) IOC 1972-Current
Chelan County class in db as #1614 or #1242 so can copy

https://twitter.com/MikiAV8BHarrier/status/1278694144400130049/photo/2

Just looking it looks like South Korea (already in dbs), Thailand (already in dbs) Indonesia (LST-511 Teluk Bone 1970-2019 x4), Vietnam, Taiwan (LST-223 Chung Fu 1958-1997), Turkey (A-580 SANLAKTAR 1972 x2) and Phillipines (BRP Sierra Madre 1975-1999-Now a beached base, 2 now beached hulks-bases) use these ships too.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/lst-542-unit.htm

Thank

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 868
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 7/7/2020 8:30:11 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

Please add Mexican Navy Amphibs when have times.

L 402 Manzanillo (ex US LST 602-Chelan County Class) IOC 1972-Current
Chelan County class in db as #1614 or #1242 so can copy

https://twitter.com/MikiAV8BHarrier/status/1278694144400130049/photo/2

Just looking it looks like South Korea (already in dbs), Thailand (already in dbs) Indonesia (LST-511 Teluk Bone 1970-2019 x4), Vietnam, Taiwan (LST-223 Chung Fu 1958-1997), Turkey (A-580 SANLAKTAR 1972 x2) and Phillipines (BRP Sierra Madre 1975-1999-Now a beached base, 2 now beached hulks-bases) use these ships too.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/lst-542-unit.htm

Thank

Noted

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 869
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 8/2/2020 1:00:30 PM   
BDukes

Hellos

Please add early cold wars Swedish ELINT aircraft TP 82 Varsity. IOC 1953-1973

https://twitter.com/TrevClark1958/status/1284850479974027271
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_Varsity
http://www.avrosys.nu/aircraft/Transport/274tp82/274Tp82.htm

Thank

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI