Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fa... - 10/13/2020 8:31:52 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I have just copied over the game to a new computer under Windows 10 from 8.1. Also have a new very widescreen. When trying to start the game it says suggested resolution 3440 1440
I put this into the start-up icon the game goes to the start screen with the red bar but then says fatal error 200.

Any help very welcome.
Post #: 1
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 8:56:00 AM   
inqistor

Fatal error 200 is faulty installation. Just reinstall game.

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 9:30:24 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Thanks for your help on that. The problem is the new computer does not have a DVD... Nevermind I have just ordered an external one.

Also can I ask you another question?

If I save the art folder and just replace it to the one the game reinstalls will that be okay as that has all the maps and artwork of all the ships et cetera and planes that I use. Sorry to sound a bit naïve.

Also if I save the shortcut and replace the one the game installs, I assume that will also be okay.

I assume that I also have to patch the game to the latest version. I assume I can just use the last patch that came out and the additional beta one.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 3
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 9:45:26 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Thanks for your help on that. The problem is the new computer does not have a DVD... Nevermind I have just ordered an external one.

If you registered game at Matrix, you can get install file from WitPAE page. Just use the same CDKey. Those new laptops without drive are a PITA. I can't install half of my old games :/

quote:

If I save the art folder and just replace it to the one the game reinstalls will that be okay as that has all the maps and artwork of all the ships et cetera and planes that I use. Sorry to sound a bit naïve.

Also if I save the shortcut and replace the one the game installs, I assume that will also be okay.

Yeah, you can just copy old data over new installation. Just make sure to backup it, as new installation will overwrite some files. Probably safer to just copy command line, as 8 and 10 uses different path for user data.

quote:

I assume that I also have to patch the game to the latest version. I assume I can just use the last patch that came out and the additional beta one.

Yeah, that will suffice.

Post #: 4
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 10:18:34 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I know I'm going to ask you a very stupid question now.... I have registered all my games but I cannot see any tab on the forums to get to my registered games, have they moved it or deleted it? I assume from their I can download the patches et cetera. I actually have the same issue with war in the West and war in the East.turning into a nightmare.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 5
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 11:05:58 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

I know I'm going to ask you a very stupid question now.... I have registered all my games but I cannot see any tab on the forums to get to my registered games, have they moved it or deleted it? I assume from their I can download the patches et cetera. I actually have the same issue with war in the West and war in the East.turning into a nightmare.

https://www.matrixgames.com/member/mypage -> downloads

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 6
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 11:37:10 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Thank you !!!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 11:54:50 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I have now found I have three accounts ( somehow over the years) The one i have logged into the forum will not allow me to the downloads section - why is that - is there anyone to call in the UK to sort it out i have no idea how to merge them all and I do not know which one was used to log my games - I have 4 games WITW, WITE , AE and WW1

Post #: 8
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 12:41:19 PM   
Slick91

quote:

I have just copied over the game to a new computer under Windows 10 from 8.1. Also have a new very widescreen. When trying to start the game it says suggested resolution 3440 1440

Would love to know if you are able to run WITP in fullscreen at your monitor's native/highest resolution? I'm not able to on my LG 38" Ultrawide at 3840x1600. Game is fine but the map become distorted and torn.

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Post #: 9
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 12:48:11 PM   
Cavalry Corp

well yes that would be good - but at the moment I cannot even log into my account to get the patches...I am no tech either...

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 10
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 12:51:08 PM   
Cavalry Corp

The strange thing is a little window came up and suggest that config res. Seems like my first priority is to reinstall the game - we tried to copy but it did not work. Although I did do a copy install for RA variant which was o trouble - I had three in all. I guess its because its a different PC and windows 10?

Post #: 11
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/13/2020 6:07:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

quote:

Would love to know if you are able to run WITP in fullscreen at your monitor's native/highest resolution? I'm not able to on my LG 38" Ultrawide at 3840x1600. Game is fine but the map become distorted and torn.

Search the Tech Forum - recently one of our members (Korvar) posted a thread on how to get the game to show full screen on Win 10.

EDIT: It is in the stickied section.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 10/13/2020 6:08:17 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 12
RE: New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen ... - 10/14/2020 6:34:55 PM   
Slick91

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Search the Tech Forum - recently one of our members (Korvar) posted a thread on how to get the game to show full screen on Win 10.

EDIT: It is in the stickied section.

DANG, I'm an idiot for missing that so THANKS!!!

I used those tools and found that my game screen become corrupted at >=3710 pxf resolution (<=3709 works great!). pyf = 1600 is fine and not causing the issue at all.

So, the native resolution for my monitor is 3840x1600 but I can only run the game with a max setting of 3709x1600...not too bad.

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> New computer Windows 10 and extra-large widescreen - fatal error 200 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI