Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DW2 FAQ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 3:52:41 AM   
Rosseau

Please forgive me for interrupting and for asking a question that may already have been addressed:

My favorite aspect of DW1 was the ability to jump into the editor in-game. What kind of editor support does the new game have?

Thanks!

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 361
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 7:37:22 AM   
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

There is a physical version for an additional £8. You will see this at check-out

3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 362
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 9:28:52 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vyshka

My search didn't turn anything up, so asking here. Erik are there plans for Steam Workshop integration for modding?

IIRC the answer was:
"Generally yes, but not at release."

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

I guess my issue with hard locking research until you get a certain % bonus from various sites is that it is very much tied to your physical expansion and somehow your luck.

Except it is not. Remeber that General Bonus to reserach counts. If you got bad luck at the draw, just get some general research bonus.
Or live with the fact you only got T4 technology - not T5 - in some areas.

Those kind of worries only realy make sense with some serious missconceptions. And never watched a single video of it being played.

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 363
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:07:13 PM   
Pocus

Having again a bad day? I did watch some videos, partially. Namely Tortuga power and Das Tactic. I don't have the luxury to watch as much as you.

< Message edited by Pocus -- 2/11/2022 12:09:04 PM >

AGEOD Team

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 364
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:28:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arthanis
Haven't see any streamer mention it, but are there any types of station that can be built in deep space away from planets?

The main station that fits the bill for this is the Monitoring Station, which is intended to be built out of the way in deep space to expand your sensor and warning range without being easy for the enemy to find.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Arthanis)
Post #: 365
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:29:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sheridan1969
Can scout ships and other ships use multiple waypoints on their way?

They will, but this is done automatically based on their jump range.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Sheridan1969)
Post #: 366
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:30:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nightfire
Is the "ingame galaxy encyclopedia" available for reading as an internet accessible online PDF?

We're writing a PDF manual which will complement the in-game tours and the Galactopedia. If space allows, I may also include some the Galactopedia sections there. Otherwise they are also available as text files within the game sub-folders.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Nightfire)
Post #: 367
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:30:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: James80
Could it be that the manual is the "coming soon Diary #7"?

I expect we'll post some manual previews, but there should be a few more dev diaries as well, at least in video form and perhaps also in text/picture form.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 368
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:33:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Someone remind me how research location bonuses remain of interest even if you have many? Smth I disliked in DW1 was that only the top one was, and the rest was useless, but I think it has been changed to something smarter?

Depends on what you want to research and what bonuses you already have. As you progress through the tech tree, you require higher total bonuses to get past certain threshholds. You can find these bonuses through exploration, from characters or from building various research facilities, but you need to get them somehow. This tends to mean that where you have an abundance of a particular research bonus, you don't worry about it, but where you are lacking you really start looking for ways to boost that area.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 369
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:35:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: James80
Thanks for coming back to it. So, if I don't have the resources on hand and I need them for building they will be instantly bought? If so: I think I have seen independent traders in the game. What is their purpose then?

Trade treaties, including with independents, are excellent because they give you access to additional resources you may not have otherwise as well as alternate sources for resources you need more than your own mining stations can supply. In DW2 you can't build something until you have the resources available at one of your spaceports/worlds, so if you try to build before you have the construction resources you need, the game will tell you what's missing (and your freighters/mining ships will already be trying to fill that gap if they can).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 370
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:37:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tank Commander_MatrixForum
I see we now have the early order option at a fixed price which I assume is the DX version and an option to upgrade to the physical version which i assume is the ST version??

Is there no CL or HB version option ? Are there plans for this?
It would be disappointing to go ST version then CL / HB to come out at a later date. Please confirm

There is a physical boxed copy (DX version which is a Box + DVD) but the manual is a PDF. There is no printed manual for this release. It's possible that in the future we may print a manual for DW2. If we do that, we'll also make it available as a physical upgrade option.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 371
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:38:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vyshka
My search didn't turn anything up, so asking here. Erik are there plans for Steam Workshop integration for modding?

Not for the initial release. Quite possible in the future.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 372
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 12:39:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau
Please forgive me for interrupting and for asking a question that may already have been addressed:
My favorite aspect of DW1 was the ability to jump into the editor in-game. What kind of editor support does the new game have?

DW2 has a full in-game editor as with DW1.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 373
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 3:46:55 PM   
Cauldyth

I think the answer is probably no, but will it take advantage of Steam cloud saves?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 374
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 4:15:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Not at this time.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 375
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/11/2022 7:52:09 PM   
bbenham

Can you play DW2 in Windowed Mode?

(in reply to Miletkir)
Post #: 376
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/11/2022 7:53:30 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: bbenham

Can you play DW2 in Windowed Mode?

Yes....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to bbenham)
Post #: 377
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/11/2022 8:23:15 PM   
Nabobalis

Will there be in future, ways to manipulate the private economy side? I feel like there is untapped potential there to be able to influence it.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 378
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/11/2022 9:54:20 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nabobalis

Will there be in future, ways to manipulate the private economy side? I feel like there is untapped potential there to be able to influence it.

Right now:
Can where mining stations have to or cannot be build
Set different resource targets on planets and ports (however the automatic is pretty good).
Design their Ships.

Additionally Merchant Guilds can controll the Mining Ships (but are going to be Teekan and Haakonish only after the Stream runs).

I am unsure what more to add here?

(in reply to Nabobalis)
Post #: 379
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2022 10:20:41 PM   
frankycl

I don't know if this was asked before (or if it is the right place), but I couldn't find anything for it on my own.:/ - So, here's the question:

Where (or when) can I buy the collectors edition of DW2 ?? (Since we can preorder it now, I haven't found anything, but the DX-Version, so far.:( )

EDIT: I think I finally found the answer here (so please don't bother with answering anymore ;-)):

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There is a physical boxed copy (DX version which is a Box + DVD) but the manual is a PDF. There is no printed manual for this release. It's possible that in the future we may print a manual for DW2. If we do that, we'll also make it available as a physical upgrade option.

Regards,

- Erik

... and I finally preordered (on GOG)

< Message edited by frankycl -- 2/15/2022 4:46:26 PM >

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 380
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/13/2022 12:35:16 AM   
mavor

Any new info on whether DW2 will be available on GeForce Now?

(in reply to frankycl)
Post #: 381
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 7:17:11 AM   
Pocus

Are all entities names in the game moddable, contrary to DW1? I'm specifically thinking of moons and asteroids names?

AGEOD Team

(in reply to mavor)
Post #: 382
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 4:40:41 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

Are all entities names in the game moddable, contrary to DW1? I'm specifically thinking of moons and asteroids names?

The ingame editor AFAIK can rename everything short of Solar Systems.
And ingame tools allow you to rename everything you own (except Solar Systems).

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 383
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 7:13:59 PM   
Pocus

I'm speaking of names lists before you start the game. I'm not too fond of the naming convention of Distant Worlds, it reminds me of the name generator used by Stardock in Fallen Enchantress, with names like Ooodilopilopip and such like. I prefer Greek names, Anglo-Saxon names, mythology names, etc. Hopefully this time asteroids and moons names lists will be accessible.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 384
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 8:14:58 PM   
fnix

Hello!

A search didn't turn up anything and although I've seen the official system requirements, I'd like to know if the game will be (more-or-less) playable on an integrated Intel chipset – much the same as Stellaris, as judging superficially by the available gameplay videos on YouTube, the two games don't differ greatly in graphical fidelity.

Thank you in advance!

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 385
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 9:32:27 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

quote:

ORIGINAL: fnix

Hello!

A search didn't turn up anything and although I've seen the official system requirements, I'd like to know if the game will be (more-or-less) playable on an integrated Intel chipset – much the same as Stellaris, as judging superficially by the available gameplay videos on YouTube, the two games don't differ greatly in graphical fidelity.

Thank you in advance!

Minimum spec is "NVidia GTX 760-equivalent or better, 2+Gb VRAM, DirectX 11 compliant" so you be the judge on if that is possible or not. I would not hold my breath for a good performance with an integrated Intel chip as DW probably is a resource hog of the CPU after a while, when things start becoming really busy. If the CPU also have to do most of the graphics it probably will not do so well.

Stellaris don't need to render an entire galaxy as their galaxy map is essentially separate from the system map.

< Message edited by Jorgen_CAB -- 2/17/2022 9:34:36 PM >

(in reply to fnix)
Post #: 386
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 10:12:15 PM   
StormingKiwi

quote:

I'm speaking of names lists before you start the game. I'm not too fond of the naming convention of Distant Worlds, it reminds me of the name generator used by Stardock in Fallen Enchantress, with names like Ooodilopilopip and such like. I prefer Greek names, Anglo-Saxon names, mythology names, etc. Hopefully this time asteroids and moons names lists will be accessible.

Yeah agreed, the name lists are pretty lacklustre.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 387
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 10:45:50 PM   
fnix

quote:

Stellaris don't need to render an entire galaxy as their galaxy map is essentially separate from the system map.

I would imagine that the engine is at least somewhat responsive, dynamically rendering only the parts of the gameworld relevant for the player.

Otherwise, are any there plans to make DW2 available on cloud gaming platforms such as GeForce NOW? Please think of the poor, suffering students having to do with their non-gaming laptops.

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 388
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 10:49:46 PM   
Cauldyth

In one of the threads around here, they said it should be available on GeForce NOW at launch.

(in reply to fnix)
Post #: 389
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/17/2022 10:53:43 PM   
Cauldyth

Here we go: Post

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI