Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Quick update on development progress.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Quick update on development progress. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:11:20 PM   
jhdeerslayer

Sweet Joel. Domo arigato.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 121
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:34:13 PM   
daniel123

i have some vaction time in the bank and i am ready to spend it on WitP. i am just waiting on the sale to start.

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 122
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:38:40 PM   
brisd

Thanks for the update Joel!

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 123
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:40:22 PM   
Toro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

It won't be any sooner than that, and it shouldn't be later unless something major comes up.

Stop looking at it!

Oh, sorry... It's that impatient side of me that is terrified you MIGHT find something between now and then.

(I'm kidding, of course! I'd hate to see Freeboy use his "super flame throwing ground attack fighter-bomber" on me...)

Post #: 124
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:42:34 PM   
daniel123

i don't care if there is a bug. its going to take a least a week to read and play the opening moves a few dozen times and we can update any time. release !!! release!!!

(in reply to Toro)
Post #: 125
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 8:57:18 PM   
freeboy

Watch out toro, that thing is a menace There might be a ijn version with armor piercing 40mm rounds to cut through those thin allied hulls I do actually intend on doing a non historical ij air upgradewith better airplanes sooner as an alternative to standard game.. but no warthogs or apaches It could actually make the ia a player against a good human allied player and for me fun is the name of the game, or is the name witp ok witp+gold +dd = fun

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 126
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/10/2004 9:19:20 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

As Super Chicken said to Fred - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

It has been quite a long time since I have heard a call for Super Chicken, Caaall for Super Chicken

Can somebody explain "super chicken" to me? I had a girlfriend in high school who called me that, but I apparently have never seen the show (comic book?).

Maybe you girlfriend was calling you a chicken in the extreme!

Super Chicken was one of three cartoons in a cartoon show of long ago. There was George of the Jungle, Super Chicken and Tom Slick (and his Thunderbolt Grease Slapper).

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 127
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 12:46:14 AM   
barbarrossa

I remember that, We got California stations on cable when I lived in new mexico, I think they came on ch 5 KTLA Sunday mornings

< Message edited by barbarrossa -- 6/10/2004 10:48:43 PM >

"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 128
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 1:01:39 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

George of the Jungle,

I used to work with a guy named George ... everyday we wiped his voice mail announcement and stuck in the theme song!

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 129
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 1:26:37 AM   
sven6345789

what exactly does "digital download" mean?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 130
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 1:30:20 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

what exactly does "digital download" mean?

It means you use your modem/dsl/cable modem etc to download the program over the internet. Just a fancy was of saying "download".

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 131
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 2:03:53 AM   
GBirkn

You mean you're not connected to the all-new analog internet? Digital is so 20th century.

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 132
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 4:33:32 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

We'll be ready as soon as David is. The manual is off for layout and David is just finishing up some music/sound items. We keep making small changes while we wait, but we don't expect anything major to change between now and going gold. I'd expect the actual gold will happen late next week if things go well. We still expect the game to be on sale at Origins on the 24th and digital download (with option to get CD) shortly after that. It won't be any sooner than that, and it shouldn't be later unless something major comes up.

Sorry to bother if that's been answered, but is there going to be option to buy a "boxed" game? Or will it be only dig download? And "option to get CD" with the download means just that - a CD, no box, art etc.?

Just so that we know. I'll be buying the game via dig download, but if there's an option to buy a "properly boxed" game (artwork, booklet and such) I think I'll wait a week or two and buy that instead.

Replacement CD, if it's only a CD without box, art and booklet, does not interest me because I can burn my own replacement CD (as most of us here can, I guess)

Oleg

< Message edited by Oleg Mastruko -- 6/11/2004 3:36:42 AM >

Post #: 133
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 7:24:15 AM   
bradfordkay

Any idea as to when we can place pre-orders for the CD version? I will not be able to use the download, and would like my order to be placed in advance so that it can ship as soon as it is ready to ship. I'm not asking for a date on when it will ship, just a notification of when we can place the order. Thanks.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 134
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 7:25:10 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

That's what I always figured, but as long as she kept snuggling with me I didn't care...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 135
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 3:41:25 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

That's what I always figured, but as long as she kept snuggling with me I didn't care...

Thats what really counts.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 136
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/11/2004 10:55:56 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hornblower

Am I the only one who will be hinting for witp for fathers day, rather then another hammer or tie?

This would be even better than getting a power tool!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Hornblower)
Post #: 137
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/12/2004 12:13:02 AM   
sven6345789

20th century??; already??

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to GBirkn)
Post #: 138
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/12/2004 7:34:22 PM   
ChuckK

Bring lots of copies to Origins. I'm not taking my family on a 3-4 hour roadtrip for nothing!

Saratoga CV-3
One of 3 U.S. pre-war carriers to survive WWII
Awarded 7 battle stars
Torpedoed on two separate occasions
Hit by 6 bombs, holed twice, on 2-17-45
Sunk at Bikini Atoll, '46, after enduring 2nd A-Bomb test
She was a tough Lady!

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 139
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/13/2004 10:08:20 PM   
ioticus

Will this game be available at GoGamer.com? I hate to pay full price ($50) for a game that doesn't come with anything but a CD.

(in reply to ChuckK)
Post #: 140
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/13/2004 10:12:35 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Will this game be available at GoGamer.com? I hate to pay full price ($50) for a game that doesn't come with anything but a CD.

No

(in reply to ioticus)
Post #: 141
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 12:07:58 AM   
dwesolick

quote:

ORIGINAL: ioticus

I hate to pay full price ($50) for a game that doesn't come with anything but a CD.

This probably isn't the game for you. By the way, it's $70 for digital download...more if you want the CD.

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to ioticus)
Post #: 142
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:32:12 PM   
ioticus

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

This probably isn't the game for you. By the way, it's $70 for digital download...more if you want the CD.

Well I've been a wargamer for over 20 years (both board and computer) so I think the game is right up my alley. I think $70 for a game download is highway robbery. Not that I can't afford it, but I don't like being price gouged. I think they'll lose a lot of sales at that price.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 143
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:40:41 PM   
freeboy

I am worried about posts like this .. has a market sample been done. I would hate to see thousands of sales be missed due to a misjudjed price point. I believe it is worth what the market will bear. so maybe its real value is 199.99.. but if matrix loses 50. % of the sales over 10.00. say 59.99 vs 69.99 that would be a pity. I am posting this not to lobby matrix to change there price, only to weigh the cost of the higher cost while going dd.

(in reply to ioticus)
Post #: 144
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:41:32 PM   
Becket

quote:

ORIGINAL: ioticus

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

Well I've been a wargamer for over 20 years (both board and computer) so I think the game is right up my alley. I think $70 for a game download is highway robbery. Not that I can't afford it, but I don't like being price gouged. I think they'll lose a lot of sales at that price.

I suspect the price has been pegged based on a reasonable return on investment for a small dev team that turns out one game every two years or so, and does not expect to sell millions of copies. Sort of like the board wargaming business, where $70 is probably the average price.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to ioticus)
Post #: 145
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:49:40 PM   
Mr.Frag

Whaaa! 70 dollars! Whaaa!

There are times like this when you really just want to stick an extra zero in the price to separate the men from the boys.

(in reply to Becket)
Post #: 146
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:50:12 PM   
denisonh

Of course, WitP is not a game for the masses, and will never see the volume sales of some other "popular" products.

Many of us have been following the development for YEARS, and are ready for the game to be released. The price is small for the VALUE. (Ask the forum if they could have it now for $80 or mid July for $50, my guess there would be a lot of sales at $80)

If one would price the game to make a PROFIT, I can imagine it would have to be higher, as it is my assertion there is more money to be made by charging more than less. The population buying this product are going to buy it for the most part whether it be $50, $60, $70 or $80. The number of additional purchases would not be siginicant for $50 vs $70 IMHO.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to Becket)
Post #: 147
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 8:56:59 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

If one would price the game to make a PROFIT, I can imagine it would have to be higher, as it is my assertion there is more money to be made by charging more than less.

I doubt they could charge enough to make a profit. Buy a couple each, it's the only chance they will even break even.

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 148
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 9:01:09 PM   
freeboy

Hey Frag,
Whhaaaa right back atcha
Not really my point... does anyone do anything like sell or market or is this the forum of the undead, I mean Technically able ? If I sell witp for 10.00 and sell 2000000 copies the total would be 200,000,000. in gross sales. No box no manual little overhead.. exceipt for the servers for all those dds. OK 5000 at 70 is what.. ok 350,000. At some point raising prices hurts a company when costs of selling more do not rise , an example of where this does not work is in publishing where a major mag under judged its sales, committed to filling the orders at a loss and was unable to make up in advertizing the loses, they needed to renegotiate the ad contracts as they had way undersold .. and the profit was to be from the ad dollars. So where were we.. ok.. price point... not a mass market game.. a game by gg? really now ??I think thousands of copies could be sold but not at 99.99. On the other hand Frag will pay any price.. or will he be rewarded for his faithful service with a free copy?

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 149
RE: Quick update on development progress. - 6/14/2004 9:12:07 PM   
Becket

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy
If I sell witp for 10.00 and sell 2000000 copies the total would be 200,000,000. in gross sales.

You also would be eclipsing the sales of mass market titles like Warcraft, the Sims, etc. Do you really think that's a reasonable example? You set up a horrible straw man with your numbers, which have no basis in reality. After all, your "5000 at 70" example sets forth that slightly less than one-half of the number of forum members will buy the game. If the best selling Matrix game only has the same number of purchasers as Matrix has forum members, then 5000 sales would be a success, no?

One would think that Matrix/2by3 used Uncommon Valor as a yardstick for the number of likely customers.

Without data, all you guys are doing are complaining about a high price. If you feel you are being gouged, then vote with your wallet. If you feel the price is reasonable for the product (I do...board wargames of comparable scale cost more!), then buy.

< Message edited by Becket -- 6/14/2004 7:12:31 PM >

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Quick update on development progress. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI