RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 1:18:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster
As for "borrowing" Croatians. Bah! Their parents couldn't get out of that joint fast enough. [:'(]

Keep 'em and please don't ever send them back [;)] Croats that emigrated to Australia (and, for some reason, Canada) are usually bottom of the barrel as far as Croatian "diaspora" goes..... (ugh, now I risk angry responses from both Australians and Croats LOL [:D])

Anyhow - back on soccer topic, until your post Neilster, my sympathies were with Australians, now I am not so sure [:'(]

Neilster -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 2:09:21 PM)

Now, now. We love our Croatian boxheads and Serb boxheads and any other boxheads that decided to come here. [:'(]

Kewell has not been banned! The bandwagon has lost a wheel but it's still bumping along for the time being. [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 3:35:48 PM)

Good, finely researched and balanced article here:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/06/19/1150701484343.html

I almost feel pity for those dudes, totally lost on another continent, billion miles from Europe & their (real, former, or only perceived) homeland [:D]

Viduka's story is something midway between comic and sad - as kid he idolised Hajduk Split, and wooed by Croat president (no less) he went to play for Dinamo Zagreb, "a state club" as the article puts it nicely and accurately. For those that do not know, lets just say Hajduk and Dinamo hate each other more than Melbourne Knights (Croat club) and <insert the name of any Australian Serb FC here>. Hilarious!

I didn't know Croats are derogatory called "wogs" I thought it's just Italians and Greeks?? Mate you need more diversity in your ethnic terminology [:'(]

O.

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 3:37:25 PM)

He just called them Boxheads... What do you want?

You can't decide your preferred ethnic slur, you know...[:'(]

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 4:00:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

Keep 'em and please don't ever send them back [;)] Croats that emigrated to Australia (and, for some reason, Canada) are usually bottom of the barrel as far as Croatian "diaspora" goes..... (ugh, now I risk angry responses from both Australians and Croats LOL [:D])

[:D]

But the funny thing that those Croats who emigrated to Australia were good when they sent money for our country[:D]. And you probably know what happend with that money - we have a lots of fat and well situated people here[:'(]

so i would sent even more Croats to Australia[:D][:D][:D]

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 4:04:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk
But the funny thing that those Croats who emigrated to Australia were good when they sent money for our country[:D].

They didn't send me any, and I don't need their money anyway [:D]

Speedysteve -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 7:24:55 PM)

I'll have it[:D]

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 7:42:42 PM)

Why? Haven't you just got a well-paying job?[:'(]

Speedysteve -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 7:46:21 PM)

Yeah it's a pretty good salary for starters[;)]

I want more.

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 7:53:27 PM)

Don't we all?

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 8:01:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Don't we all?

Try football betting. Where can I place 1000 dollar bet that Denmark won't win the WC 2006? [:D]

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/20/2006 8:01:39 PM)

You might not like the odds...

Neilster -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 8:25:01 AM)

The article mentions the three Aussies who are playing for Croatia. It would have been handy to have them playing for us but them's the breaks.

People being called "wogs" is mostly a thing of the past. One of my mates went to a school in Western Sydney where Anglo-Saxon kids were so outnumbered they were called "Skippies" (After the TV program "Skippy, The Bush Kangaroo", a somewhat bizarre show where Skippy had Lassie-like abilities to sense danger and communicate the exact nature of said danger to the Park Ranger's son...err....Sonny. "What's that Skip? Three kids are trapped down the old mine?". Also, the title is somewhat strange in that a kangaroo is by definition from the bush and Skippy actually lived with the ranger's family. They had a cool helicopter though. It got fired up in every episode and that was my favourite part.)

Cheers, Neilster

[image]local://upfiles/10515/BA32AF14EAFC41F38AAFBB308F2F2C08.jpg[/image]

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 1:44:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

Don't we all?

Try football betting. Where can I place 1000 dollar bet that Denmark won't win the WC 2006? [:D]

Suggesting a football bet, that must come from a croatian of course. After all the croatians have the strongest sports bet mafia in Europe [;)]

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 1:46:48 PM)

England 2 Sweden 2

Good fight by the swedes, England once again showed a lot of nervers when they felt pressure. Actually I wish we would play England in the round of 16. Anyway, we will flatten Sweden and then Argentinia in the quarterfinals [:D]

Neilster -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 1:54:45 PM)

Pretty amazing goal by Joe Cole!

Cheers, Neilster

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 2:12:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Pretty amazing goal by Joe Cole!

Cheers, Neilster

I think that goes for the luckiest goal of the World Cup, hard to beat that one. That was so surprising the brits around us cheered a minute later [;)]

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 2:13:30 PM)

Luck counts too...

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 2:17:12 PM)

quote:

Luck counts too...

Sure luck is a major part of football; and so far England had a lot of luck in their games [;)], how many shots landed at the post or cross bar or were stopped on the line in all of their 3 games? Amazing.

I wasn't to belittle his scoring. You earn luck by daring such shots. I'm all for that.

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 3:50:22 PM)

Speaking of luck (bad, this time), Michael Owen is going home with torn ligaments in his knee.

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 3:54:33 PM)

quote:

Speaking of luck (bad, this time), Michael Owen is going home with torn ligaments in his knee.

Thanks for the info, it is not in the germans news yet. I just looked online.

That was really a bad situation. You could feel the pain by just watching. Poor guy, all the best and may he recover from that.

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 8:40:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

quote:

Don't we all?

Suggesting a football bet, that must come from a croatian of course. After all the croatians have the strongest sports bet mafia in Europe [;)]

[:D][:D][:D] That's explain why Oleg don't need Cro Aussies money[:D]

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/21/2006 8:43:11 PM)

i'm impressed with Miroslav Klose. I wonder how many euros will be on his account after the WC? Anyway, who ever buy him will make a enormous mistake....

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/22/2006 9:47:58 AM)

what a boring game between Netherlands and Argentina[>:]

Sneer -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/22/2006 10:08:36 AM)

quote:

quote:

That was such a cool tournament... I visited Berlin three years later, and people still remembered it...

Does anyone remember - Denmark didn't even QUALIFY for that tournament. It was unique case of team winning a major tournament thy didn't even regularly qualify for [X(][X(]

O.

Poland is even better
regularly goes to Championships and plays very good before them than nothing to show and fast return to country [8|]

Arjuna -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/23/2006 1:06:41 AM)

Go the Socceroos!
Into the second round after a torrid affair with Croatia.
[&o]

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/23/2006 10:44:53 AM)

congrats to Socceros!

I must say that even with help from the Graham Poll (there were 3 penalties for Australia!) and Zeljko Kalac we were unable to play like a men and Australia deserves 100 % second round.[:)]

one of worst game our national team. Oh well, at least we can back to our jobs[:D]

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/23/2006 1:03:42 PM)

Did anybody else notice the three yellow cards for Simunic [&:]. I mean everybody knows that the second one is automatically a red card ....

That shows how pittyfull the referee was [:o]

Przemcio231 -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/23/2006 1:40:17 PM)

Yach... i saw that... any way what are your guess of the scores of the next round??

Trigger Happy -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/23/2006 2:30:17 PM)

I still cheer for France!!![:D][:)][8|][:(][:o][:@][>:]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI