RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 1:26:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk
What a pitty... my symphaties were with brave Australians!

My sympathies were with brave Italians [:D] and what a way to win!

Now, we'll finally have some silence from the southern hemisphere on this forum. Them Ozzies were becoming too loud.... for no reason really: they advanced to second round eliminating piss poor Croat team (not even by win, but my a mere draw [8|]).

Neilster - wiping your tears with Ozzie flag? [:D]

Here's the Italian team, training for the match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDyp2aRRCg

[:D]

Trigger Happy -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 2:56:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

Arjuna -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 5:27:32 AM)

Oleg,

I just love that video clip.[:D]

Yes it was a sad ending for us Aussies. But overall we can hold our heads up high. The Socceroos did very well for the 44th ranked team in the world.[&o]

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 12:10:14 PM)

quote:

One could think it is satire, the sad thing is that is pure facts .....[:'(][;)]

Italy, Jesus I think I opt in for a complete blood exchange, to get that last quarter of souther blood out of my body[;)]. What a typicall sissie way to win a match. The country were everybody gets totally fuzzed about "honor" and such and they have none.

How did Cantona say? "To all divers, when you stand up again your dignity still remains on the floor."

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 12:14:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: watchtower

Such a shame that England get to play the Portugal reserves in the Q/F.[:D] You were spot on again Marc. There is no way England will get past the last 16[8D] After all they are boring, rubbish and.........er winning.

Why the reserves, so far it is only Deco that is missing?

I hope that Portugal will put an end to the snoozers [:'(][;)]

Shaun Wallace -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 12:21:57 PM)

quote:

Oleg,

I just love that video clip.

Yes it was a sad ending for us Aussies. But overall we can hold our heads up high. The Socceroos did very well for the 44th ranked team in the world.

The Aussies have actually been one of the best teams to watch, at least they play with their hearts and soul and give everything they have. For a nation with a population of under 20 million and no real soccer history they did amazingly well. That penalty was very lucky and a lot depended on the Ref.

Now, I just have to hope that England can play with Soul in the match against Portugal! (a much reduced Portugal sadly)

quote:

Italy, Jesus I think I opt in for a complete blood exchange, to get that last quarter of souther blood out of my body. What a typicall sissie way to win a match. The country were everybody gets totally fuzzed about "honor" and such and they have none.

How did Cantona say? "To all divers, when you stand up again your dignity still remains on the floor."

Marc I have to agree, the diving really sucks and is a very S American/Latin way of playing. Sadly its even beginning to creep into British football albeit very slowly. The problem is if a team is doing it constantly as a part of the game, it really defeats the spirit of the game.

I as a Brit, usually support the underdog :) (I support my home town of Ipswich Town FC after all lol) and I REALLY did want to see Australia beat Italy! Maybe this should be put up on screens at matches "To all divers, when you stand up again your dignity still remains on the floor."

Shaun

Neilster -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 2:38:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

Now, we'll finally have some silence from the southern hemisphere on this forum. Them Ozzies were becoming too loud.... for no reason really: they advanced to second round eliminating piss poor Croat team (not even by win, but my a mere draw [8|]).

What a way to win? What....falling over a prostrate player for a dodgy penalty with 5 seconds to go?

Aussies becoming too loud? Oh yes...how dare we celebrate our only international football success. We were shafted by the refereeing in every game too.

And no, I'm not wiping my tears. I didn't really expect us to win but history will record that we were dudded by an atrocious decision and that we may well have reached a semi final. Italy were a bit unlucky to lose a player but we should have had a penalty for a handball.

Cheers, Neilster

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 3:32:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

quote:

What a way to win? What....falling over a prostrate player for a dodgy penalty with 5 seconds to go?

Aussies becoming too loud? Oh yes...how dare we celebrate our only international football success. We were shafted by the refereeing in every game too.

And no, I'm not wiping my tears. I didn't really expect us to win but history will record that we were dudded by an atrocious decision and that we may well have reached a semi final. Italy were a bit unlucky to lose a player but we should have had a penalty for a handball.

Cheers, Neilster

Dont' bother, Croatians are know for their twisted way of thinking. Tricking is actually the favord way to sucess for them [;)][:'(]. I´m damn sure there was put a fortune on a 1:0 for Italy by their sports bet mafia [;)]

Go Australia, down with the Italian sissies.

watchtower -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 3:53:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

[
Why the reserves, so far it is only Deco that is missing?

I hope that Portugal will put an end to the snoozers [:'(][;)]

When I wrote, two players suspended for red cards, one out with what looked like a long injury and Figo should have been banned for his headbut - hence Portugal might have been playing 4 backup players

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 3:55:47 PM)

quote:

Dont' bother, Croatians are know for their twisted way of thinking. Tricking is actually the favord way to sucess for them [;)][:'(]. I´m damn sure there was put a fortune on a 1:0 for Italy by their sports bet mafia [;)]

Go Australia, down with the Italian sissies.

I usually root for Italy and/or England no matter who they play with, unless they play with my little miniscule ridicolous Croatia (that is still my country no matter how I slice it).

Why?

Well because those two countries take this damn stupid sport that is football - seriously! Both English and Italians are dead serious about their football (English in their cool English way, Italians in their latin flair theatrical, hand-waving, god-praying way) which I respect, or at least have fun with.

So I rooted for Italians yesterday and it was fair and honest win as far as rules of this stupid game go. Lets face it - Australians did jack sh*t for the whole game, even when Italian dude was (undeservedly) sent off. Why should they win?? Because they are n00bs and Italians are veterans of the game? Sorry it does not work that way.

You all have to realize, that football is stupid, and unfair, most unfair, most dishonest, most un-sportsmanlike of all sports I can think of. This "sport" is all about scoring ONE damn goal in billion minutes of playtime, then acting, rolling on the ground in pain, buying time, acting like damn wanker etc etc.

Football rules actually AWARD the side that knows how to act, pretend, roll on the grass in "pain" etc. - in other words: CHEAT. Diving, pretending and acting like wanker are - as things stand - legit tactics in football. What would produce a good laugh in any other game - works in football. Italians are only the best side in applying this tactics to actual games, but it's not like other teams don't try to do their best [;)]

Moron rolling on the floor is treated like damn king, and everybody else is likely to get punished. Until rules of the game are changed what do you expect players will do???

Now, every now and then some n00bz0rz appear, reach a round they never reached before (in 1998. it was Croatia, reaching semi finals no less!) and they then imagine it's some stellar success they should be proud of, when in fact it's nothing but strange mixture of luck, good acting, favorable referees, with 10% of solid play thrown in for good measure.

This year, is was Australians that made incredibly big deal of their team, well, advancing to round of 16 by merely getting a draw against piss poor Croatia, and playing impotent game vs Italy (which they, eventually, lost, honest to god). What's there to get excited about?

Forza Italia!! [:D] (And Go England!)

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 4:06:44 PM)

quote:

You all have to realize, that football is stupid, and unfair, most unfair, most dishonest, most un-sportsmanlike of all sports I can think of. This "sport" is all about scoring ONE damn goal in billion minutes of playtime, then acting, rolling on the ground in pain, buying time, acting like damn wanker etc etc.

I think this conclusion comes from watching too much italian football [;)][:'(]

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 4:13:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

I think this conclusion comes from watching too much italian football [;)][:'(]

Well, the "Big 5" European national leagues (English, Italian, Spanish, German and - GOD FORBID - French) are so international in their essence, there's no big difference between any of them. They all have more international stars than local players.

Do you have any statistics regarding goals scored per game, AND minutes spent rolling on the grass and acting, in various Euro leagues? [:D] If you can prove Italian league is any worse than, say, German, then I'd believe you. Until then, I say it's just the inherent nature of this stupid, unhonest, and unfair game, and until this basic fact is changed, you might as well learn to live with it and yell "Forza Italia" with me [:D] [:D]

Oleg

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 4:20:49 PM)

You just need to watch on league weekend and you will have proof enough [;)]

I rather yell "Furz auf Italia" [:D]

Neilster -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 4:21:36 PM)

"....they then imagine it's some stellar success they should be proud of, when in fact it's nothing but strange mixture of luck, good acting, favorable referees, with 10% of solid play thrown in for good measure."

We had to beat Uraguay to qualify. We beat top 20 side Japan 3-1 (and their goal was dodgy). We took it to Brazil until they got a lucky goal in the last minute. We scored a winning goal against Croatia but it was disallowed because the ref blew full time a nanosecond before. There was very little if any simulation by Australian players. That's not how we play our sport. There is every reason to be proud of Australia's performance.

Favourable referees??!! Are you on drugs? Check any unbiased analysis of how Australia was treated by the referees in this World Cup.

I don't intend to get into a debate with you. Others have already demonstrated that they disagree with your analysis and you have a reputation as being an annoying waste of time.

Cheers, Neilster

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 4:36:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

"....they then imagine it's some stellar success they should be proud of, when in fact it's nothing but strange mixture of luck, good acting, favorable referees, with 10% of solid play thrown in for good measure."

Favourable referees??!! Are you on drugs? Check any unbiased analysis of how Australia was treated by the referees in this World Cup.

I said that as generalisation, I wasn't speaking of Australians on this tournament specifically. Yes I agree you didn't have very favorable referees on this tournament. Whatever, if you can't accept referees are as much of wankers as most other players in this game - do not watch football at all (or you'll get excited for no good reason).

Referess though, certainly helped some sides that reached higher than Australia on couple previous tournaments (say, Korea on last WC).

quote:

We had to beat Uraguay to qualify. We beat top 20 side Japan 3-1 (and their goal was dodgy).

You forgot to mention nailbiting qualifiers vs Solomon Islands, Tonga and American Samoa [:D] [:D]

Japan is "Top 20 side"? How so? FIFA has some ridicolous system for team ranking, soccer n00bz people should not pay any attention to it. I think US is rated as Top 5 team, and everyone will agree it is not realistic (to say the least). It's easy to get a high ranking if most games you play are with teams in your region (and they are significantly worse than yours, so you always beat them scoring points for FIFA rank).

BTW Japan was perhaps the worst team on this whole tournament, along with Saudi Arabia and some such.

O.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 5:15:49 PM)

quote:

[Do you have any statistics regarding goals scored per game, AND minutes spent rolling on the grass and acting, in various Euro leagues? [:D] If you can prove Italian league is any worse than, say, German, then I'd believe you. Until then, I say it's just the inherent nature of this stupid, unhonest, and unfair game, and until this basic fact is changed, you might as well learn to live with it and yell "Forza Italia" with me [:D] [:D]

Oleg

I can guarantee you that they have more hand gestures per minute of any european league. [:D]

Rainerle -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 8:14:07 PM)

As one canadian put several years ago:

Rugby is a ruffians sport played by gentlemen !
Football is a gentlemen's sport played by ruffians!

As for the refs:
They are completely left alone by FIFA rules and any hope of using some sort of technic/video etc. except eyeball Mark I. Thanks to FIFA policy who in turn use them as scapegoat (like Blatter did).

Grouchy -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 8:26:51 PM)

Anyone spotted Ratomir Dujkovic? That guy simply dissapeared during halftime [:D]

Maybe afraid of the cooking pot?
[image]http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p834077reg.jpg[/image]

[edit]Found out he was so mad that he didn't returned after halftime.

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 8:52:05 PM)

quote:

They are completely left alone by FIFA rules and any hope of using some sort of technic/video etc. except eyeball Mark I.

That's the last thing football needs, a video revision of any kind.

The refs are not let alone, the rules are very very clear, not that I like the majority of new enforcements but they are very clear and that also to the players.
It is not only the refs, that excuse is way way to easy. It is also the players as it seems that in this particular World Championchips the "fairplay" thinking is completly gone.

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 9:19:03 PM)

quote:

The refs are not let alone, the rules are very very clear, not that I like the majority of new enforcements but they are very clear and that also to the players.
It is not only the refs, that excuse is way way to easy. It is also the players as it seems that in this particular World Championchips the "fairplay" thinking is completly gone.

As I said, that's just players finding the best way to "play" the game (or "hack the system", or use "gamey strategy" or simply "cheat" to use terms wargamers would understand). I don't see it getting any better in the future. FIFA's message is clear - cheat, act, steal time in any way possible, roll on the grass, and you'll be treated like a king. We (FIFA) will do anything in our power to make football lowest scoring sport, ever. Soon, games with more than one goal scored per side will be outlawed [:'(]

Football is becoming a sport with more people being sent off the pitch per game, than goals scored.

One should adapt, and watch every game as part comedy, part bad opera, part court drama, and part sport (smallest part of all). This mixture is where Italians, obviously, excel, with others closely following. To project national pride on 11 overpaid guys who do their best to out-gamey and out-hack other 11 overpaid guys is just insane.

O.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 11:27:37 PM)

quote:

You just need to watch on league weekend and you will have proof enough [;)]

I rather yell "Furz auf Italia" [:D]

hah !

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 11:29:25 PM)

btw, italian football will suffer strongly from the juve/milan problems in the upcoming season

Terminus -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/27/2006 11:53:53 PM)

Well, the Spanish are going home, and Zidane actually woke up for this match...

Trigger Happy -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/28/2006 1:01:49 AM)

Woohoo!!! France won!
now France vs Brazil... Will Zidane repeat his performance of 98? I hope so!

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/28/2006 9:26:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trigger Happy

Woohoo!!! France won!
now France vs Brazil... Will Zidane repeat his performance of 98? I hope so!

I am with you here. Prior to the game, I faved the spanish. but they were screaming and shouting and booooooo'ing while the french anthem were playing ( and I really hate this unsportsmanship !! [:@] ) so I changed my mind and was yelling for france. I yelled even louder after the 0:1.

But finally, unsportsmanship did not paid off, france got them [:D][:D][:D] yeah ! So the fans who were yelling and booooing got what they deserved.

bradfordkay -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/29/2006 9:48:40 AM)

I lost all respect for Italian football when the South Korean player was fired from his professional squad (in Italy) for having the temerity to score against Italy in the last world cup. Did they think that it was more honorable for him to fail to play to the best of his ability?

I agree with the posters here who claim that the Italians have perfected the dive...

Personally I believe that the rules need to be changed over this. Any player who has to be carried off the field should not be allowed to return during that half, but more substitutions should be allowed overall.

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/29/2006 11:37:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I lost all respect for Italian football when the South Korean player was fired from his professional squad (in Italy) for having the temerity to score against Italy in the last world cup. Did they think that it was more honorable for him to fail to play to the best of his ability?

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m6.gif[/image]

Marc von Martial -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/30/2006 3:19:59 PM)

3 more hours and the quarterfinal that is actually the final will start. I believe the winner of this game will be the new worldchampion. Germany vs. Argentinia.

With such a game ahead it is absolutly stunning to witness a World Championship in your own country. The air is crackling from all the tension. In the past two days when the championship took a small break there was no talk of anything other then this game.

On monday I watched the Switz-Ukraine game in Colognes stadium, we were some of the lucky few that actually got tickets [:D]. Although a crap game I have never experienced a better temper in a stadium, and I have been quite often at games allready [;)] . I hope that any football nut will have the chance to witness a World Championship in his country one day. It is unbelieveable.

If I wont post tommorow I'll probably had an heart attack [:D]

JamesM -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/30/2006 4:25:18 PM)

There should also be an Oscar prize given out at the end of the World Cup with Gold, silver and bronze awards for the following;
1. The best dive
2. The best impression of being hit by a bullet
3. The worse dive
4. Butter would not melt in my mouth award after fouling.
5. The best lawn roller for those players who can not stop rolling after being fouled or diving.

After watching this stuff I realise why I much prefer to watch contact sports like rugby (league and union) and Aussie rules. Would bevery interested to see how they would act after being caught under an All Black ruck and being run over by a player doing the Maori sidestep.

pauk -> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany (6/30/2006 4:57:11 PM)

1. Jurgen Klinsman & Peppe Inzaghi[&o][&o][&o]

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI