RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Multi-player Leagues

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/18/2006 10:34:43 PM)

Only missing one slacker at the moment. [;)]

Shaun, how about a league forum?

Paul Vebber -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:06:01 AM)

I took care of that...

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:11:03 AM)

Sweet-O

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:34:53 AM)

Sorry I've been gone for a few days.. any chance I can still get in on this?

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:40:40 AM)

If I can get in on this.. I'll take the 1989 Oakland A's!!!

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:46:46 AM)

Done. I was thinking someone would get the 70's A's team, but whatever.

We can always have that as a CPU team. Easier to destroy that way... [;)]

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:48:48 AM)

Yea like I said in the other multiplayer thread.. I grew up in the 80's so I take teams that I know.

Plus you can't beat McGwire, Canseco, Ricky & Dave Henderson, Eckersley, Steinbach, Weiss etc etc

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 12:49:45 AM)

So when do you plan on creating the league file and making it available to download?

dneely -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 3:33:11 AM)

The Brooklyn Dodgers circa 1953 are ready to roll. I think a 4 man rotation makes the most sense given the diversity of teams and I don't think the use of a DH is called for given the era for most of the teams selected.

Ready for the first file here in Phoenix.

David

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 5:02:14 AM)

Is this finalized yet?   I'll take the 1971 Pirates. 

Fouts -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 5:26:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Fouts, are those your desired teams in descending order?

I was thinking somebody else might want the Padres/Giants/A's, so I gave options. Are you playing with rookies showing up before they debut?

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 6:31:25 AM)

Just 35-man rosters.  Want to get the teams to reflect the real power they used during that particular year.

Well, twelve teams as of now, so I think that is perfect for setting up two leagues.  I'll try to get something set up tomorrow.

Problem is, of course, that I need an FTP address.  The program will not allow me to proceed properly without it, as best as I can tell.  Well, whatever.  I need to get past the initial creation stage to see what type of commish option menus there are.  At this point, I can't tell a thing.  What I'll do is get the league set up and then upload to YouSendIt or some site where everyone can download (without having to register some account [:-] ).  If there turn out to be problems from the commish side, no big deal because any recreation of the file will be the same teams in the same format.  So no problem-o for any owners.

Now, is anyone got a line on a good free FTP site?  I've done FTP uploading in the past for stuff (including my old league), but don't have any leads on a good site.  This is a hanger at this point, but something that will get worked through.

Glenn, I suspect your (arrrr!!!) Pirates and my Orioles are going to have a special relationship (black and blue, that is!).  We'll be in separate leagues just in case there is that 'opportunity'.  Redemption, I say, brethren!!!

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 6:32:03 AM)

Whoa - how many games - 154 or 162?

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 6:39:36 AM)

I'm not sure your going to find any free FTP sites especially with the amount of bandwidth your going to be using.. When I ran a league I went and bought FTP space.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 6:50:35 AM)

Yeah, I've been thinking that might be a... necessity.

Gads................

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 5:29:03 PM)

Has it ever been determined how big the files that must be exchanged are?

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 5:38:39 PM)

Not yet.  This is part of the experimentation.  There is zilch info on running online leagues in the manual, so it is a case of constantly turning new corners.

I'm going to create a non-FTP league setup today so everyone can see the league and mess around with it.  That will give me some time to figure some FTP stuff out and how this program (PSBB) works in that regard.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 6:10:59 PM)

Ironic, but it just works out this way:

National League
Pirates
Padres
Cardinals
Mets
Phillies
Dodgers

American League
Twins
Orioles
Yankees
Athletics
Red Sox
Brewers

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 7:00:11 PM)

It's pretty funny that it worked out that way, but I like it...gives it a nice "right" feel to the league.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 9:26:48 PM)

Sittingduck if you need some help on running the league I probably can help.  I did run a league back with PS2005 and if it didn't change too much I'm sure I can help.  I might even have a half finished multiplayer manual I was working on still.  Also like I said before back when I ran a league the files were pretty big.. between 20-30MB's each time you uploaded and downloaded the league file.

If you have MSN my msn is akcranker(at)msn(dot)com

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 9:44:29 PM)

Interesting fact.

I tried to set up a personal FTP site on my computer so I could go forward with a multiplayer league to see just what kind of file is transmitted. So far, I have failed to actually connect to the FTP server on my computer, but got far enough to try and make contact. See the attached screen-

[image]local://upfiles/19939/FD0724F6FB9F4B63B41C2B15AA327829.jpg[/image]

Note that despite the fact that I am using 2007 the screen shows 2005. This would lead one to believe that the the files will be the same as alcranker describes in # 49 above.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 10:38:00 PM)

Thanks, guys.  Yes, I got that far on the thing and same issue.

Akcranker, I may well take you up on some help.  Especially since you've run a PSBB league before.  One thing I'd like to know about is the frequency and game rate with which you simmed.  Also, what format did you use?  Did you have people who were interested in a chatroom in case there were injuries?  How did you proceed?

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 10:45:54 PM)

A chat room would be awesome, but would increase your pain I would think...so that'd be your call.

I would think a week at a time simming would make sense, but that's just off the top of my head.

As far as how often...that'd be up to your schedule, really.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 10:46:25 PM)

Here's a link to my old league's website. It has the basic info on how the league was setup.

http://www.mtaonline.net/~coryak/

With the question about a chatroom.. we just used the puresim forum. pm me your email address and I'll send you the multiplayer manual I was working on back when I was running that league.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 10:55:28 PM)

Interesting.  Chat room wouldn't be so much of a hassle, merely because I am used to it from an old league called 'The Show'.  But is there chat capability here?  If so, that would be ideal.

Anyhow, I was thinking sim a week's worth of games about 3 times a week.  Weekend, Tues. & Thurs.  Mainly because I think most guys need a little time to get around to things, while there might be a few hardcore guys who could do it every day.  I'd rather keep the group together.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 10:58:35 PM)

Yea I think when we did our league we did it everyday because we were trying to run through the season real fast and test out every facet of the multiplayer features to help Shaun find any bugs and see how we liked it.  The only reason we stopped was because he hadn't figured out how to deal with the offseason draft and free agency etc..

BTW I sent you that file.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 11:02:40 PM)

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Nukester -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 11:02:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

Interesting fact.

I tried to set up a personal FTP site on my computer so I could go forward with a multiplayer league to see just what kind of file is transmitted. So far, I have failed to actually connect to the FTP server on my computer, but got far enough to try and make contact. See the attached screen-

[image]local://upfiles/19939/FD0724F6FB9F4B63B41C2B15AA327829.jpg[/image]

Note that despite the fact that I am using 2007 the screen shows 2005. This would lead one to believe that the the files will be the same as alcranker describes in # 49 above.

I caught that earlier in the day and posted it in the bug forums

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 11:06:18 PM)

Well I got to run and go do some work... so if you figure out how to get it all started don't forget about me.  I should be back later tonight or tomorrow.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/19/2006 11:08:17 PM)

This all sounds great to me, guys. However, I'm a total novice with this playing environment, so some introductory tutelage and most importantly, the League Rules, would be very helpful.

We won't actually be playing H2H, correct? This is all strictly GM stuff. How do we conduct trades, and will trades require approval from the Commissioner's office? We ARE using financials? (I hate 'em, but so be it.)

Ideally, IMHO, a non-team owner third party should be the Commissioner.

Will we be voting on use of the DH? I propose that we go with current rules, and have the DH in the AL only.

Interleague games? I'd vote yes.

Rotations? Go with each individual's choices.

Choice of stadiums? God, I don't want Three Rivers. Let me keep Forbes open for one more year. [;)]

Budgets, and availability of free agents? Haven't a clue.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI