RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Multi-player Leagues

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 5:29:42 AM)

Man I've never had this much trouble deciding how to setup a league and start it.. I think you guy's are making this really harder than it should be.  Just pick some set parameters and let's run with it..

BTW Akcranker = Cory

Roster Releases/Scrub signings PM'd

Nukester -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 5:32:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely
One last request I hate used names like SittingDuck or Akcranker (nothing personal just the ones I remembered) I would like to know what everyones "real" name is and be able to communicate that way.....

Yeah I always pronouce it "asscracker" :)

My name is Keith. Born, breed, and living in Newburgh, NY

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 5:44:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely
One last request I hate used names like SittingDuck or Akcranker (nothing personal just the ones I remembered) I would like to know what everyones "real" name is and be able to communicate that way.....

Yeah I always pronouce it "asscracker" :)

My name is Keith. Born, breed, and living in Newburgh, NY

HEY NOW!!! it's AK Cranker AK = Alaska Cranker = because when I bowl I "Crank" the bowling ball.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 5:47:43 AM)

I never really have a problem being a despot about anything. But in the interim since there is a technical glitch, I have no issues with guys pitching a sale. God knows it's entertaining. [:'(]

NY Giants (CPU; 1) DONE!
NY Yankees (5) DONE!
Philadelphia (5) DONE!
St. Louis (2) DONE!
NY Mets (2) DONE!
Oakland (4) DONE!
Minnesota (2) DONE!
San Diego (3) DONE!

Nukester -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 6:19:59 AM)

I hear ya. Nothing personal [:D]

Just, when Im skimming the posts, it always comes out like that in my head

Nukester -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 6:25:57 AM)

PM sent, Duck

dneely -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 6:45:16 AM)

Phil:

The Dodgers need 5 players to get to 35 as you suggested. How about the following:

1. Catcher
2. Middle infielder who is also rated for the OF.
3. SP
4. SP
5. Relief Pitcher

I understand we have to get some things straight and get some help from Shaun. When its right we can get going.

David

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 6:58:46 AM)

PM sent with 5 Yankee cuts. My 2 scrubs can be anything you choose to create.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/21/2006 6:53:12 PM)

PM sent with 5 Phillies cuts.  Also made a request to play in the Vet.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/22/2006 12:07:08 AM)

Some of you guys know my real name -- it's Glenn.

However, you can also call me KG or by my SPWAW alter-ego, Gunny.    

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/22/2006 10:51:16 PM)

OK, I've finished the drops for the teams with excess players.

I have created some scrubs for the guys who told me what they wanted.

Next step is to draft from the available FA in the pool (Wednesday Evening, 10pm EST). Two ways to do it:

Make a list of who or what you want in descending order of preference. Or let the COMP AI choose a player for you. Here are the teams in descending random order (each team was assigned a number in alpha order and then I used a random die online engine to determine):

1) Cincinnati (CPU)
2) Pittsburgh (List/CPU)
3) Baltimore
4) Milwaukee
5) Brooklyn
6) Boston
7) Cleveland (CPU)

That's the draft order (no snake process). This whole thing might not be a big deal to most; to one or two it might be important. If you don't care, just tell me you want to the CPU to decide. If I don't hear from you, then the CPU will draft for you.

I'd like to do the FA draft on Wednesday evening. We'll do it in the Matrix chatroom at 10pm EST (use 'Services' link above to get to chat option). Lists or CPU choosing makes me happy, I'll tell you that, and keeps your evening free.

Those of you who want to wait until you get your FAs from the draft (whatever amount takes you up to 33 players) to make up your mind on scrubs, that's fine. Just make sure you get them to me by Thursday evening, or I make them up for you, based on what position you are most shallow at.

I am posting up the new file here in a bit (remember, link in my profile). It should have drops/scrubs done and all available FA in the pool. Most if not all suck, but whatever.

Now I'm off to call Verizon on this FTP stuff.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/22/2006 11:44:49 PM)

OK, Phil, you have my PM on position preferences, but the computer can draft for me. I'm fine with that.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 1:23:55 AM)

Got 100MB of storage space via Verizon for $4.95/month.  Not bad.  Not sure on traffic limitations, but I'll find out.  The online info was crap.

Hopefully I'll have my FTP info by tomorrow as the offices were closed when I did my online order.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 1:54:54 AM)

Hey what happened to Oakland in the draft process??  Do we not get to draft?   Were we penalized for something?  I swear that Jose & Mark are clean!!!

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 2:10:00 AM)

So is Barry.  And Raffy.

Oakland had an excess, not a deficiency.  All teams release to get down to 33 players, then add two scrubs.  So no draft for Oakland; I put your scrubs on your team already.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 5:05:36 AM)

Ah okay...  so is the new file ready yet?  When are we planning on starting?

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 5:28:16 AM)

File is ready - in my profile link.

Need to do the FA draft, me put all scrubs on, then we are pretty much ready to roll.  Biggest issue will be getting the FTP situation straightened out.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 6:53:03 AM)

So in other words the file isn't ready... if you still have to do the FA draft for those other teams then I don't want to download the file until after you do that.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 2:59:45 PM)

Well, I really didn't understand what you were driving with when you mentioned 'ready'.  You can see what I wrote in my previous post about timelines and could infer that it wouldn't be 'ready' by your standards.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 5:56:29 PM)

I guess in this case "ready" is a relative term. No the file is not ready for league play to begin, but if one wants to fool around with his team and his team is not one of those that needs to draft FA, then it is ready. Since I have not done this before I was happy to download the file as is, add FA and scrubs where needed and proceed to experiment with my players to see what I can accomplish by changing Manager tendancies and player usage.[:)]

As soon as th FTP is available, please put something there if possible "ready" or not so we can try and connect and download. (See the other thread, inwhich one person in another league has been trying unsuccessfully to make the game FTP work)

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 9:55:47 PM)

well that doesn't sound good

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 11:30:12 PM)

OK, well I canceled Verizon webspace and got a 50GB storage spot with 500 GB transfer limit. So I think we're set. Still have to hear back from them within the next 24 hours after they process my order. Then I'll set up my server info.

There is some concern over PSBB and FTP issues that is being discussed in another thread (as Delta mentioned above). This may have to be worked out before our league can function smoothly. Just wanted everyone to know that in case we come to this same 'wall' of issues. There are other leagues that are suffering with the same stuff. Here's the link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1225074

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/23/2006 11:40:46 PM)

Just to clarify on what I mean by ready.  Last time I ran a league any changes that a user or commish did would make changes to the league file.  If the commish made changes to the league file and a user opened their league file if would say that the commish had made changes and that you needed to download the new file.  So if your going to still be making changes to other teams and you still have to put the FTP info in.. then I'll wait until all of that is done and download the complete file that is ready for us to sim a week or two or whatever.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/24/2006 12:01:07 AM)

Gotcha.  I'll post when the final, season-ready file is ready.  I'd like to get the final roster situation set, then post a final file for guys to set their initial lineups.  I'd like to do all of this via the FTP server so we can make sure it is working correctly.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/24/2006 1:12:27 AM)

Perhaps the 1.33 Beta patch resolved the problems that they have been handing. He makes mention of fixing a FTP problem?

Paul Vebber -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/24/2006 1:51:40 AM)

Here is a really stupid question - but just what is the process we are going to use to play this out?

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/24/2006 2:57:46 AM)

you mean, what is the regular process of simming the schedule?

verizon32 -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/24/2006 4:28:12 AM)

A set of rules will help on the web site for the league.
Just a suggestion.  Look at examples of ootp leagues web sites to get a fell how to set a league web site up.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 12:53:20 AM)

While I'm busy setting up the FTP stuff right now, I thought you might be interested (slightly) in the PSPN forecast. Interesting, I think:

[image]local://upfiles/7532/D0A4D4C4A6524379B8B2BAE139B6DA72.gif[/image]

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 2:33:20 AM)

My Pirates in the number six spot -- nice.  However, I'm happy to see "Pops" Stargell ranked at 4th in the power rankings.   Yeah, this gives me something to work with. 

Phil, "Bawlmer" ranks 10th?  [sm=00000622.gif] 

Who's got the mighty "Bwooklyn" team?  Dave Neely? Uh, oh, man, we'll come gunnin' for you. You guys are overrated bums. [:'(]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI