RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Multi-player Leagues

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 2:39:46 AM)

Can't wait for the trade market to open  -- this could prove to be very interesting.  [:D] 

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 2:50:09 AM)

Updates while I work with FTP issues:

Trade Block - how the heck does that work?  Is there some page where you can check to see who is on the trade block?  PSPN stuff?

Got into my FTP server via Puresim.  I'm now uploading an assn file as Commish and will try to d/l as Baltimore owner.  Seeing what it is all about...

I've been running some test sims to check on some of the 'numbers' like HRs, ERA and BA.  Things look fairly well, though I've throttled HRs down so as not to get 1994+ numbers.  Williams and another guy roasted 60+, whereas the year before the high was 50 HRs.  So bringing that down a scunch, but I like how year to year the leader can vary as much as 10 HRs or whatever.  All of it looking pretty good.  Williams and a few others actually had more BB's than K's, but to be frank, still too many K's for someone like Williams.

Oh yeah - Brooklyn absolutely toasted everyone for the first two sims, but in the third are well in the lower half of the NL.  So there is definitely no sure thing.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 3:06:36 AM)

Well, Phil, I feel kinda useless right now. You're doing all the work. Is there anything the owners  can do to help out? 

I'd think that Shaun would be taking a keen interest in this. Am I mistaken?

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 3:11:33 AM)

Just sit tight.  This thing is not at all intuitive.  And no documentation.  Just a learn-as-you-go situation.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 3:39:01 AM)

Something that you perhaps should learn while you are going unless you already know[:)]

Some of us have downloaded association files you posted and some may not have.  It appears that when the association is set up, the FTP address is entered into the game.  Are we going to have to download the finished psa file from another source or from the FTP site without using the game before our copy of the game will access the FTP site or is here some way that I have not found that will enable us to access the FTP site within the game when we have no copy of the association file on our machines.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 4:17:20 AM)

Holy hell that was a sentence...

You make a very, very good point. 

The best thing, I think, would be for me to just post the original season-start file on Rapidshare one more time.  This will have the FTP stuff setup in it.  I have to check on one more thing with another league commish on owner ftp info, then we'll be ready to go.  No sense in my uploading a file to Rapidshare that might have to be d/l once again because I didn't include some ftp data or something.

Basically once I hear back from this guy, I'll be able to make whatever final adjustments and then upload the final, ready-to-roll file.

There is still a lot of uncertainty about how PSBB uploads files onto my server.  IOW, what files I'll see in various directories or what.  Just no clue yet.  I have uploaded an assn file there, but not sure how the team roster files will appear once uploaded.  We'll see...

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 4:35:38 AM)

This is an absolutely ridiculous setup.

Stop checking the server status every flippin' time I click on the HOME menu.

Annoying.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 5:57:07 AM)

This link answers my question if the 2007 and 2005 versions work alike and if this link works once I post this message.[:D]

Scroll down a number of messages for his directions. Sounds like the comissioner will be able to determine how many downloads there have been and how many uploads. He speaks of draft profile, which we will not need, but maybe you will be able to see how many have provided line ups and who.

http://p089.ezboard.com/fpuresimbaseballfrm20.showMessageRange?topicID=29.topic&start=61&stop=80

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 7:47:41 AM)

About the FTP info and the final Association file.  That was why I was holding off on when I want to download.  What you need to do is make a final file for all of us to download.  Then once each user downloads then you can have each user submit their final lineup changes etc and upload them to you.  Then you can sim a week or whatever and then once you've uploaded the results to the FTP site it will be available for us.  The next time we log in Puresim will tell us that there is a new file available and we can download it.  You need to have set days and times that people submit lineup changes by.  Like MWF lineup changes are due before 2pm EST and you'll run the sim at 2:30pm EST etc... trades can be put on the trading block.  Now with Puresim 2005 the commish had to make trades for the teams.  I don't know if Shaun changed that to where the owners could do that between themselves now or not.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 5:10:23 PM)

Right.  Thanks, guys.  I think I am close to wrapping it up.  Last night was irritating because my new server had problems, which, when trying to figure out how PSBB operates, was really a PITA.

Now I just have to work through a few FTP directory issues and then everything should be fine.  None of you will need to put in anything other than pertinent contact info (matrix username would be REAL good idea, at the least).  And then send in your lineups.  Once I get this all done, I'll post a small update on league 'rules'.  Look, this thing is going to be real easy and not a stickler.  Would be different if this were a multi-year career league.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 5:23:03 PM)

One more question.  Probably akcranker can best answer this.

I have run some games with this league and noticed (for example) that the A1 kept changing Mantle from 3rd in the batting order to lead off and Mcdougal from lead off to second.  Lets say, I don't want this to happen.  In addition to setting line ups can we adjust mgr/GM tendances and player usage and will this information also upload and control to some degree what A-1 does when our teams games are simmed?

One suggestion. I don't know how many times you plan on simming games a week, but I suggest that we start slow for 2 reasons, 1. we are all feeling our way (except perhaps for alcranker) and 2. we seem to be spread all accross the country from -5 time zone to -9 and maybe -10 depending on where in Alaska akcranker is. (I seem to recall from my year on Adak that some of the Aleutians are in -10)

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 5:35:29 PM)

Yes, you should be able to upload all your tendencies.  I will double check them to see they are being uploaded and respected.

As well, you should always lock a player in his batting order slot. 

I am using my xml for this and the AI talent parameter that I set does not switch your true #3 hitter into the leadoff slot (which has been happening ever since the game was born).  But that really only matters for AI teams.  Make sure to lock the players into their slots.

akcranker -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 6:31:31 PM)

Yes it will upload your GM tendencies.

About the Alaska timezone.  Alaska is 4 hours behind EST.

Paul Vebber -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 7:06:43 PM)

What I meant by process is how many game simmed at a time? with how much time between sim sessions? will simming be stopped for injuries (if there are injuries)? Stuff like that.

I'm on vaction away from my PureSim game until Tues.

Nukester -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/25/2006 10:01:18 PM)

Heya guys, just wanted to let you know that Ill be up in the mountains until late next Friday, and I will not be bringing my laptop with me [sm=00000280.gif]

Ill be out of the loop until then, but will try and catch up when I get back.

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/26/2006 3:34:22 AM)

Sitting Duck...if I lock my players into their batting order slots, aren't I forcing the game to NOT be able to rest my players if necessary (I'm thinking in particular of catchers here)?

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/26/2006 3:48:45 AM)

With guys going out of town and all that, I think we should take a brief hiatus and let Sitting Duck iron out whatever issues we have.

Everyone is getting antsy, but I believe it will all work out fine.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/26/2006 4:26:23 AM)

Might need to do that since I have one little ftp issue left, then we are set.  It will also give me some time to scrape together a little bit of html (bare bones like) for the league.  If anyone gets off on doing HTML, they can certainly have at it as far as I am concerned.

Woodruff - no, the AI will still rest your players at the appropriate fatigue level that you set.  It is just that they won't move players out of the order.  For instance, what used to happen if a player had to be rested was the entire lineup would be juggled according to the AI's strategy (which isn't too good).  Your Ted Williams might bat leadoff or something like that.  So while the 'lock-in-place' isn't perfect, it is better than having the whole batting order shuffled.  Which, if you have a different player being rested every 2-3 days (if you have that kind of stamina issue on your team), would mean the regular batting order which you have set is rarely used.

It's probably something you should experiment with in your Player Usage in one of your assns.

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 5:48:09 AM)

SEASON START FILE IS READY!

This will be the final Rapidshare download as all others will be done via the game's FTP parameters.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30896877/psa.zip

SittingDuck -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 5:49:04 AM)

Rules and Initial Sim Schedule

RTF Format --> http://rapidshare.de/files/30898021/PSBBGTL_Rules.rtf

TXT Format --> http://rapidshare.de/files/30898031/PSBBGTL_Rules.txt

First Sim
Tuesday, August 29th @ 10pm EST

Second Sim
Thursday, August 31st @ 10pm EST

Then off for the holiday weekend, picking up normally on the following Tuesday.

The season has officially started!

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 6:34:45 AM)

Phil, I hope everyone is getting updated to 1.34 RC3. I had to upgrade my association files before making my final roster modifications, which I just submitted to you.

For the benefit of the other NL owners, the Pirates are using a 5-man rotation (Dock Ellis, Steve Blass, Nelson Briles, Bob Moose and Bob Johnson) with a closer (Dave Giusti).

The theme song of this team is from the Stones' 71 classic "Sticky Fingers" LP:

"Can't You Hear Me Knockin'"   

The Bucs are ready to play ball.

Good luck, gentlemen. [:)]

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 7:12:25 AM)

I can't download the text files. Rapidshare tells me I've already downloaded the maximum number of files I can with a free account.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 7:31:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woodruff

I can't download the text files. Rapidshare tells me I've already downloaded the maximum number of files I can with a free account.

Here's the rules:

Rules/Regulations of the PSBBGTL
(Puresim Baseball Greatest Teams League)

1) Trading

Trades do not have to be authorized by the Commissioner. However, suspicious looking trades will be reviewed before authorization.

No trading with AI teams unless AI team initiates. In such a condition, only 1-for-1 player trades are allowable.

Trade agreements should be posted in the dedicated PSBBGTL thread on the Matrix forum, no later than 9pm EST on the day of a sim session.

2) Free Agents

Any free agent in the FA pool is available. Teams may swap players off/on their rosters as they see fit.

Any FA pickup/release needs to be posted in the Matrix forum under the PSBBGTL thread so that the Commish can OK said roster move. Owner can then make the move with their own assn file (pick/release players) and adjust rosters accordingly.

FA transactions should be posted on the PSBBGTL thread a few hours in advance (at the latest) of a sim session so that they may be authorized.

FIRST COME (claiming a player on the Matrix thread), FIRST SERVED.

3) Sim Schedule

Generally Tues/Thurs/Sunday @ 10pm EST. We will cut it to two days for the first few weeks until we see how the PSBB system operates.

Roster updates need to be uploaded no later than 9:30pm EST

Currently going to use the Matrix chat forum while Commish sims out games if anyone is interested in attending (to facilitate injury replacements)

4) Injuries

Owner has option of making a list of substitute players and subsequent batting orders for use when key players are injured during sim session. Commish will attempt to restructure lineup/rotation according to owner's directions. Remember, this is for KEY players; hence, there should only be a few optional lineups.

Owners are highly encouraged to lock players into their batting order slots/positions (via Player Usage menu) to discourage AI from assembling horrid lineups.

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 7:38:19 AM)

quote:

Same here, but note in fine print, it says you can wait 31 mintues. After that length of time yoou should be able to download. We shall see[&:]

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 7:57:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

quote:

Same here, but note in fine print, it says you can wait 31 mintues. After that length of time yoou should be able to download. We shall see[&:]

Not to worry, man. I posted the contents of the rules above. Just copy and paste to a txt file.

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 8:09:18 AM)

I like these rules/regs, as they are fairly liberal.  Just remember to keep in mind the time zones for deadlines, as Phil lists them in EST. 

I don't know everyone's locales, as I'm in the Eastern US zone, too.   Maybe we should have a list of owners' time zones for intercommunications purposes (i.e., trade proposals). 

KG Erwin -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 8:13:28 AM)

Phil, we DO need a list of owners, real names, e-mail addys and time zones for internal circulation amongst team owners .  This should be an addendum to the rules/regs. 

I propose that we each compile this list and PM it to Phil. HE can then forward it to each team owner.

The format would be

Team
Forum name
Real name
E-mail address
Time zone

This would be strictly for league member use, with a standard restriction that this info would NOT be shared with anyone outside the league.

Are you guys OK with that?

"Gunny" Glenn  

Deltadog -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 8:30:54 AM)

Question- to Sitting Duck

Are you going to sim exactly one weeks games each time.  (ie Saturday - Friday)

I have no problem with your league member list proposal.

PS - appeared to have no problem connecting to server and roster moves appear to uploaded with no problem. It appears that this makes 2 of us that have been able to connect and upload. Maybe we will be lucky and will not have the problems that other league has.

Since this is a test league and a learning process for us all, it is requested that the commissioner describe what he gets on his end and exactly what he does with those files to associate the roster moves with the psa file and what if any information he sees relative to connections, downloads and uploads.

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 8:43:05 AM)

Thanks KG!

Woodruff -> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! (8/27/2006 9:15:18 AM)

Sitting Duck,

I uploaded my "roster changes"...does that also upload my managerial changes? Since it doesn't specify that it's doing that, I thought I should ask.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI