RE: Announcement from the development team! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Montbrun -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/11/2006 7:30:26 PM)

Ok - I'm ready - where do I pay [;)]

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/11/2006 10:01:17 PM)

Right here. 2132-45645454545456454545454-4545454545554. We accept preorders. [;)]

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/12/2006 2:33:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joisey

The foraging values look like they've been shaved down in this area of the map from the orginal.  A "2" for Posen?  Warsaw and its environs are hardly the same as the Russian Steppes!

I would be interested to hear the rationale for this design choice.  Is it to make it harder on the French for an extended campaign in the Meta-game?

Hi Joisey,

The Posen forage value is one of many graphical errors that are currently being addressed (that’s what we’re told) but it was coded correctly. In the insert below, you can see the two supply options available to the Prussian IV corps; forage and depot supply.

1) The forage value is 3 (not 2) and the modifiers to the die roll are -2 (+2 for winter, -1 for own territory and -3 for unused movement points)
2) The cost to use depot supply from Berlin is $4 (2 areas away during winter)

Richard

Edit: Oh and btw, the white highlighted areas show the movement range that the corps has and the winter land movement option (double cost) was not in use for this example.

[image]local://upfiles/18990/F2FB75CBCAF2416D90CA2304C2DB10C0.jpg[/image]

Thanks for the reply! Ya know, if you posted the entire map, you could get tons of free help from your online fans here to find those pesky errata (hint hint) [;)]

Monadman -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/12/2006 2:50:19 AM)

I understand you will be seeing it, I just don’t know exactly when and for how much. [:)]

Seriously, we are patiently waiting to see the map errors, which were already identified, finally fixed.

Richard

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/12/2006 6:23:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

I understand you will be seeing it, I just don’t know exactly when and for how much. [:)]

Seriously, we are patiently waiting to see the map errors, which were already identified, finally fixed.

Richard

Okay, and thanks again for the info. Once again, great work guys.

Frank McNally -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/16/2006 11:41:15 PM)

Is there any way to toggle the size of the garrisoned city markers smaller?  The giant rooks seem excessive and clutter the board.  The little flags would be enough to show a garrison. I know it would not be as pretty as some might like but I'd rather have a number in a square there (color indicating nationality).

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/16/2006 11:50:24 PM)

Frank:

Not at this point. We can look at this a little later depending on how many requests/ideas we get. I don't think would happen until after IP play is done. This is my best guess as of today. All of this is subject to change :-)

Thank you

Frank McNally -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 3:16:50 AM)

Thanks Marshall. I'll be buying this either way and the map looks nice, I just would like to less of it covered.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 3:25:42 AM)

Frank:

I did add a zoom window option at the bottom so that you can see an up close version of the area without unit stacks all over it. This was done so that you can see the area uncluttered...

[image]local://upfiles/4396/AE459212A561446F91D190E7B46FE03E.jpg[/image]

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 4:31:53 PM)

Kewl [8D]

Frank McNally -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 6:04:38 PM)

nice

bOrIuM -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 6:24:30 PM)

how you know a city is a fortress and how many fleches they have ? adding to this, are the towers in the background of the city representing the towers for the garnison ?

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 7:20:27 PM)

I take the spires on the screen shot to mean exactly the same thing as in the original game.

Your question about the Flechettes is a good one, however. What's the answer, Marshall? How do we know from the map where the fortresses are? [&:]

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/17/2006 9:35:57 PM)

Hey guys:

Correct the spires (circled in red) are the city size and we've added fortress towers (circled in blue) as the city's fortification value.

Again, I apologize for the fuzzy graphics. Looks much better uncompressed.

Thak you

[image]local://upfiles/4396/4439B558413A4503A5231AF8FDEB42F9.jpg[/image]

Camile Desmoulins -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/18/2006 8:49:05 AM)

Marshall:

Remember than in the board game (and in your game too) there are a Spanish city called "Cuidad Real"

The really name of this city (past and present) is Ciudad Real

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/18/2006 9:33:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Correct the spires (circled in red) are the city size and we've added fortress towers (circled in blue) as the city's fortification value.

Again, I apologize for the fuzzy graphics. Looks much better uncompressed.

Thak you

[image]local://upfiles/4396/4439B558413A4503A5231AF8FDEB42F9.jpg[/image]

On the second picture above Belgrade the city is called Temesvár. not Temesvara. If we are after typos. :D

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/18/2006 2:57:46 PM)

Ursa:

We've got MANY map issues to be fixed (spelling mostly). You're looking at a draft map so don't spend too much time proofing since most issues have been identified and docuemented for the graphics team. I'm just illustrating the city symbols.

Thank you

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 10:38:39 AM)

No pun intended, just wanted to let you know. Looks like I forgot the smileys. [;)]

BTW which version of the names will you use the contemporary or the current? You knwo in east europe most city have names in 3-5 different languages and these are used according to the political situation.

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 2:34:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

No pun intended, just wanted to let you know. Looks like I forgot the smileys. [;)]

BTW which version of the names will you use the contemporary or the current? You knwo in east europe most city have names in 3-5 different languages and these are used according to the political situation.

Actually, Matrix is going to provide mouse-over information which will show the names on the map in 424 different languages. And then in the manual, more map-name translations will appear, from all the languages that ever existed since the world's beginning.

This way, Matrix is sure to satisfy everyone, dead or alive.

Alan

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 5:29:14 PM)

And if they don't, what? Will Muslim hordes start burning cars in France?

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 5:42:30 PM)

Just asking, just asking.

ktotwf -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 5:53:45 PM)

quote:

Just asking, just asking.

Well don't...just ask.

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 10:16:31 PM)

Why? I was not rude or impolite or anything. Why may I not ask? The thought police will intervene?

Monadman -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 11:06:33 PM)

quote:

Ursa,

Generally the names provided on the EiA or EiH maps (correct or not) unless Marshall spelled it wrong and the art people missed the correction then it would called current.

Richard

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/19/2006 11:17:51 PM)

thx

Camile Desmoulins -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/20/2006 9:18:30 AM)

In the city that I said (Ciudad Real, and is the same problem that Ciudad Rodrigo, and I forget it in the upper post), the question it's not the translate: It says in the same manner in Spanish than in other languages. But the english people frequently changes the place of both characters (I don´t know why, but is frequenty in the past and in the present). The translation of "Ciudad" is city, or town. The problem is like if I say "Yorktonw" in the place of "Yorktown", for example.

It's not a language problem (both cities are allways in castilian), but wrong writing. Never was Cuidad, neither in spanish nor in english

Camille

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/20/2006 10:44:11 AM)

Sh sh we wont be allowed in the forums anmore if we carry on. [:(]

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (10/20/2006 12:06:33 PM)

Trust me, some of the german (and close by) principalities with their english names, I didnt even recognize them, if not for their geographical location.

Kleves? A small city named Kleve, hmm ok, I guess...
Duchies?
Palatinate?? Ahhh, "Pfalz" or "Kurpfalz" if electoral.

and,
shouldnt "Hesse" be "Hessen",
"Hanover" be "Hannover",
"Wittenburg" be "Wittenberg"?

and so on.

In Denmark, "Esbjorg" is "Esbjerg" and until around 1890 or so, housed all of 20 fisherman. Compare that with Flensburg or Schleswig (the actual name of the Duchie from where I come).

To be frank, the game plays just fine, even with these errors and Im sure there are hundreds of them. When the game starts, other things are much more important [:D] .

La Provence -> Question to the development team ! (10/22/2006 8:18:01 PM)

Do you edit a french version of the game ?
.......a game with all the legends in french ?

Thanks

vanmi -> RE: Question to the development team ! (10/25/2006 10:38:42 AM)

Yes like LA Provence, do you release a complet french version ? and the game release ?

It's too hard to wait !

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI