RE: Announcement from the development team! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/22/2006 3:13:26 PM)

quote:

Well not much we can do about Marshall being busy but I think it is safe to say that there are several willing subs for playtesting hanging around in this room, if they are needed.

HERE!

Norden

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/22/2006 3:19:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I'm excited that our journey is closing...

More news to follow SOON!

Thank you

With all respect sir this was posted on 1st of October. It well could be that I am expecting too much, or my wishful thinkng has tkaen over my judgement.

As I said I am not a game developer but if the testers are not makeing progress then they should be made responsible, if they are volunteers then why are not properly employed (ie paid)? Someone in the management does not believe (I am sorry to say anymore) thath it ever gets finshed, therefore is not financing the testers?

Please forgive my bitterness I was among the adamant defenders, but I feel VERY disappointed.

I have to agree with Ursa. Would the message have been "by eastern" instead, I would have been a lot happier. The least Marshall could do is comment on not following a posting like this up. Something like "sorry folks, something came up..." or whatever.

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/22/2006 4:49:22 PM)

I think I understand the motivation of Marshall, at least a part of it. It has been going on since so long he REALLY wanted to show that process is being made etc. Well bad choice of words, bad selection of testers, bad selection of priorities (happend to the whole Imperial Japanese Navy officer corps not once in WWII) have further delayed the launch of EiA. Could be any of those, could all of them, could be none.

With all respect Marshall for the sake of our (yours too [;)]) sanity please only say somthing about the release when you have a set date for it (come hell or highwater)..

Monadman -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/23/2006 4:11:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

I think I understand the motivation of Marshall, at least a part of it. It has been going on since so long he REALLY wanted to show that process is being made etc. Well bad choice of words, bad selection of testers, bad selection of priorities (happend to the whole Imperial Japanese Navy officer corps not once in WWII) have further delayed the launch of EiA. Could be any of those, could all of them, could be none.

Well guys, I also get frustrated with this project at times but quitting is not an option in my book. The game and test team of 2002 is not the game and team that is in place today (save a few and very little).

From my perspective:
Early on, as the game struggled to become an “EIA-like” game under the name “The Napoleonic Wars”, the EIA game connoisseurs (the game purists) were pushed aside. At some point, Matrix gained the rights to EiA and the game began its journey back to the fold. Since then, it has been a long, and at times unorganized, morphing experience to get EIANW as close as possible (within programming constraints) to the original EIA game. It is progressing but during this journey, we (the testers) can only move as fast as the programmer’s pace and the programmer is a very busy person.

Hang in there (like you would playing Prussia after surrendering to France) and FWIW, I’m just thankful that this game is still in the works.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow countrymen (and that does include the womenfolk too).

Richard

Ursa MAior -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/23/2006 10:33:16 AM)

In no way am I quitting! Just deeply disappointed. I can thank innumerabée hours spent playing UV/WitP/ and Matrix War in Russia to the link that brought me here looking for cEiA. I just have to wait longer. Again.

Naxias -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/25/2006 2:05:33 AM)

I assume if the game was comming out soon it would've been moved to the "Comming soon" part of the forum. [:)]

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/25/2006 12:30:14 PM)

Who said anything about quitting?

Norden

ktotwf -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/25/2006 2:24:23 PM)

Wow, the high drama in this thread. I've been waiting A LONG TIME. Will I buy it when it comes out? Absolutely. Do I care if it takes two months or two years? Not really. I have other things to do in the mean time to keep me busy.

I can't possibly understand what is so upsetting. We are getting the game. That should be enough.

I have no right to demand a service from someone I have never met and with whom I have made no financial transactions. Take a valium, and chill guys. The ride ain't over yet.

von_Bülow -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/25/2006 2:36:27 PM)

I agree that this is disappointing.

I only registered when I saw the announcent (~ kind of) "we are talking about days".
ok, it will take longer now but what really irritates me is the fact that the man responsible said not a long time ago
"3. NEVER talk too much on the forums early. I've said a lot that have changed (See #2) thus creating that group of quoters out there "But you said...". This is the reason for me staying away form the forums for a while. You can't be quoted if you don't say anything."
I'm certainly not in the position to have any claims on the release date of the game and I greatly appreciate the blood and sweat Mashall Ellis is putting into this game, but I have to say that his way of providing news to the public is - let's say - a bit unfortunate.

And I don't think it is unfair, disloyal or whatever to say this on these forums.

Greetings from Germany [sm=00000958.gif]

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/25/2006 8:23:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf

Wow, the high drama in this thread. I've been waiting A LONG TIME. Will I buy it when it comes out? Absolutely. Do I care if it takes two months or two years? Not really. I have other things to do in the mean time to keep me busy.

I can't possibly understand what is so upsetting. We are getting the game. That should be enough.

I have no right to demand a service from someone I have never met and with whom I have made no financial transactions. Take a valium, and chill guys. The ride ain't over yet.

Youre not getting it. Not much drama, just dissapointment. Its Marshalls statement. Somehow, hopes went up just to get crushed again. Somehow that strikes some people as slightly annoying. I'll wait, yes I have other things to do in the meantime.

Norden

StCyr -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/26/2006 3:16:52 PM)

Well, at first of October Marshall is "in the final stages of testing" - only to find out in late November that PBEM testing with 7 people isn´t that easy. Ups.
Well, lets hope this final stage of testing will be done in summer cause there are still " a few graphical touch-ups to do and then we'll be ready"- Christmas 2008 ? Keep on the good work. [&o]

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/27/2006 2:16:42 PM)

Hey guys:

Our PBEM testing has hit a few bugs that I did not foresee so needless to say this has slowed us a bit. I say this because this is what has happened and I will not BS you guys. I don't expect you to be happy since I'm not as well BUT we are trying VERY hard to get this thing done!

Thank you

StCyr -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/28/2006 4:00:57 AM)

"Our PBEM testing has hit a few bugs that I did not foresee"

well, this is a kind of info I do understand unlike how to herd cats [;)]
You made it that far by now, you will be able to manage the rest too, good look.

Naxias -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/28/2006 8:03:02 PM)

Herding cats is easy.

You just need to find a trained mouse, that the cats are afraid of.
That on the other hand is hard.

barbarossa2 -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (11/29/2006 1:58:08 AM)

Marshall!!!

Great work! Keep it up!... We all just want a product that works! So, if there are a few problems, then fix them! You won't find me complaining! [:)]

gazfun -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (12/14/2006 3:42:55 AM)

There has been a lot to test through, but I think you are really going to like it guys, when its done

morvwilson -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (12/14/2006 6:49:39 AM)

I don't doubt that I will like the game, I only question when I will be allowed to like the computer version?[:D]

1LTRambo -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (2/15/2007 4:16:49 AM)

Well, I've waited 3 1/2 years now, what is a few more months to wait. Besides, do you ship to an APO address?[sm=Evil-210.gif] I will need this game as something to do as I take a break from saving the world by taking out the bad guys.[sm=tank2-39.gif]

jamo262 -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (2/20/2007 6:29:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank McNally

Is there any way to toggle the size of the garrisoned city markers smaller? The giant rooks seem excessive and clutter the board. The little flags would be enough to show a garrison. I know it would not be as pretty as some might like but I'd rather have a number in a square there (color indicating nationality).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Frank:

Not at this point. We can look at this a little later depending on how many requests/ideas we get. I don't think would happen until after IP play is done. This is my best guess as of today. All of this is subject to change :-)

Thank you

My feeling too is that the garrison rooks seem too large. Im not sure whether this impression results from "viewing at a distance" but they seem to spoil an otherwise beautiful map.

I wonder if the smaller sqaure shape without the rook would work better?

Another idea that came to me is to colour in the spires as the garrison fills the city. But then how would one indicate the controlling nationality?

Will this game use islamic militia for Turkey?

Joisey -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (2/25/2007 1:50:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1LTRambo

Well, I've waited 3 1/2 years now, what is a few more months to wait. Besides, do you ship to an APO address?[sm=Evil-210.gif] I will need this game as something to do as I take a break from saving the world by taking out the bad guys.[sm=tank2-39.gif]

Thank you for your service to our country!

Murat -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (2/25/2007 2:44:37 AM)

[sm=00000734.gif] Agreed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1LTRambo

Your tour of duty will be finished before this is I predict so it may not be a problem but for your next tour......

Paper Tiger -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (2/27/2007 12:05:00 AM)

My old boss had his own personnal technique for herding cats, wait until they are hungry and put the cream down. They will come to you and you can deal with any issues then.
He always said he used the same technique on Techies as well, but substitute the interesting jobs for cream, and be aware that techies aren't as clean or generally as sociable as cats.

Works for me, now I'll just finish off the tuna and get back to the soldering iron. [:)]

1LTRambo -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/4/2007 6:43:59 AM)

Thanks Joisey and Murat, it is much appreciated. I'm just beginning my current tour which will take me through my birthday, labor day, memorial day, thanksgiving, holloween, christmas, and any number of additional unnamed holidays that the release of CEiA would make a perfect gift. So anytime between now and christmas would be perfect.[:D][:D][:D]

1LTRambo -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/4/2007 6:48:26 AM)

Oops, I meant to say halloween. Hope my typo did not offend any[sm=00000643.gif] out there in this PC world. (By the way, PC refers to politically correct not the computer.)[;)]

Sytass -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/6/2007 10:26:27 PM)

Anyone want to take bets as to which game will be released first? Guns of August or Empires in Arms? ;)

Write in votes for Black Powder Wars (announced in April 2005, last movement by someone in the development process October 2006) are accepted. :D

Seriously, so much time has passed in the development process of the first two games I mentioned I am highly curious at the result once they are finally released and spend my meantime with other games or hobbies. :)

Murat -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/7/2007 3:24:17 AM)

Guns of August hands down. They already have it in play testing with screenshots and it seems to be working fine from the posts. It actually looks balanced and interesting, which says a lot for a WWI game.  EiANW still (as far as we know) has major bugs to work out.

gazfun -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/7/2007 10:48:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

Guns of August hands down. They already have it in play testing with screenshots and it seems to be working fine from the posts. It actually looks balanced and interesting, which says a lot for a WWI game.  EiANW still (as far as we know) has major bugs to work out.

I dont think there any major bugs actually

Norden_slith -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/7/2007 11:14:52 AM)

Maybe youre right, gazfun. Real life interference springs to mind. One guy working several years, something is almost bound to happen. Retirement springs to mind [:D] .

iamspamus -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/7/2007 6:17:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sytass

Anyone want to take bets as to which game will be released first? Guns of August or Empires in Arms? ;)

Write in votes for Black Powder Wars (announced in April 2005, last movement by someone in the development process October 2006) are accepted. :D

Seriously, so much time has passed in the development process of the first two games I mentioned I am highly curious at the result once they are finally released and spend my meantime with other games or hobbies. :)

Sheesh, I'm waiting for EiA GoA AND World in Flames...I figure one every year or so. I'd think that GoA will be first, followed by ... Who knows?
Jason

Murat -> RE: Announcement from the development team! (3/7/2007 11:26:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

I dont think there any major bugs actually

Maybe I mnissed something since the last post I saw said there were.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI