RE: Ask for help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Bombur -> RE: Ask for help (10/20/2008 7:32:26 AM)

v01.7 Ready for download. It features improved graphics (for H8K2, U-Boat VII and Aichi B7A). The number of units increased to 148. Some bugs were fixed (most ship speed and aircraft range). Enjoy your new long range torpedo bombers....

bssybeep -> RE: Beta version released (10/20/2008 8:36:16 PM)

I'm checking out your excellent mod (ver .17) and just started a large random map with no roads. I created two (10) engineer units and for some reason the game is telling me these units cannot build roads.  Has this mod changed some of the functions of the engineers or am I just missing something?  Who do I use to build roads?  Thanks in advance

SSFSX17 -> RE: Beta version released (10/21/2008 2:57:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bssybeep

I'm checking out your excellent mod (ver .17) and just started a large random map with no roads. I created two (10) engineer units and for some reason the game is telling me these units cannot build roads.  Has this mod changed some of the functions of the engineers or am I just missing something?  Who do I use to build roads?  Thanks in advance

As near as I can tell, Engineers can only store 1 turn of EP, and they only generate 1 EP per man per turn. That means you need between 20 to 40 Engineers in a single formation to get roads built at a decent pace.

I hope that Engineer II will be available with sufficient technology, but I can see why this mod might want to discourage rampant roadbuilding.

bssybeep -> RE: Beta version released (10/22/2008 9:12:01 PM)

Thxs for the reply. You are correct, I built an engineering unit of (20) engineers and the option to build roads was available.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 12:11:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bombur

quote:

Ah, you're talking about the unit counter symbols, correct ?

-Yes....it isnīt nice to have my Zeppelins with bomber icons....

Speaking of Zeppelin unit symbols, take a look at this one and tell me what you think.

Bombur -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 3:24:27 AM)

-First of all, thank you a lot. The graphic itself is great, but it creates a white background, overwriting the unit color. I donīt know what when wrong....

[image]local://upfiles/12603/FCB5772E496F44AE94513B8A760F4C5E.jpg[/image]

Barthheart -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 12:18:30 PM)

It did that because he didn't make the background transparent. You need to use something like PaintShop to move your graphics to a separate layer from the background then delete the background.

Bombur -> RE: Beta version released (10/28/2008 12:59:42 PM)

quote:

I hope that Engineer II will be available with sufficient technology, but I can see why this mod might want to discourage rampant roadbuilding.

-Engineer II will be more efficient to build things and also to perform combat tasks (althought Iīm considering to create a separate combat engineer SF).
-Btw, I didnīt change to number of EPīs a Eng. unit can stock. Itīs still five.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 7:32:26 PM)

Uh oh. We may have a problem them since I don't have any good programs, just MS paint and MS photoeditor.

I imported the png of a CV into MS paint and fiddled with a grid of pixels to get it to look like it does now. We ight be able to adjust a few seetings in MS paint to get it closer.

Hrmmm.....

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 7:38:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bombur

-First of all, thank you a lot. The graphic itself is great, but it creates a white background, overwriting the unit color. I donīt know what when wrong....

[image]local://upfiles/12603/FCB5772E496F44AE94513B8A760F4C5E.jpg[/image]

Well, I opened the file again and unchecked an option called "draw opaque" that somehow might make things transparent in the way Barthheart describes. Same file name, new file:

Voyd -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 7:42:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Uh oh. We may have a problem them since I don't have any good programs, just MS paint and MS photoeditor.

I imported the png of a CV into MS paint and fiddled with a grid of pixels to get it to look like it does now. We ight be able to adjust a few seetings in MS paint to get it closer.

Hrmmm.....

Give GIMP a try...I think that you'll like it. http://www.gimp.org/

Barthheart -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 7:53:44 PM)

quote:

Well, I opened the file again and unchecked an option called "draw opaque" that somehow might make things transparent in the way Barthheart describes. Same file name, new file:

Nope. Still the same.

There is another way. Use the bright pink in MS paint as the background or anything you don't want to show up. Then save as a .bmp or .jpg. Pink is the "transparent" color in AT. Not sure if it works as .png files but worth a try also.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 8:17:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

Nope. Still the same.

There is another way. Use the bright pink in MS paint as the background or anything you don't want to show up. Then save as a .bmp or .jpg. Pink is the "transparent" color in AT. Not sure if it works as .png files but worth a try also.

Ah, ok in MS photo editor there is a "select tranparency color" option, which seems to make the image look exactly like the ones in the default unit symbols. So, I suspect I can do it. However I'll need to mod the image and then reset the tranparancy colors. Hrmmmm....

I'll give it another shot, stay tuned.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 8:18:15 PM)

Thanks for the tip. If I can make the MS pain/photo editor combo work, I'll stay with those otherwise I'll give GIMP a try.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 8:23:34 PM)

Once again.....this time with transparency set.

I'm thinking this needs to be outlined better, but otoh the background graphics might do that.

Barthheart -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 8:27:40 PM)

quote:

I'm thinking this needs to be outlined better, but otoh the background graphics might do that.

That works.

I opened it with PaintShop Pro and added a drop shadow to make it stand out better. See attached.

If you get GIMP you can do this too I believe.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 9:06:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

That works.

I opened it with PaintShop Pro and added a drop shadow to make it stand out better. See attached.

If you get GIMP you can do this too I believe.

Much better ! Yes, Gimp might be the key here. "Drop Shadow"...ok I'll remember that. Many thanks !

Bombur -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 9:08:22 PM)

Thank you a lot guys!

Voyd -> RE: Ask for help (10/28/2008 10:51:20 PM)

quote:

Thanks for the tip. If I can make the MS pain/photo editor combo work, I'll stay with those otherwise I'll give GIMP a try.

No problem :). Say, where can I download a copy of this mod? I've looked around, but couldn't find a link. Thanks in advance...

Voyd -> RE: Ask for help (10/29/2008 2:16:59 AM)

Never mind, I found it on the Community site...

Bombur -> RE: Ask for help (10/30/2008 1:29:15 AM)

v0.20 will be released next weekend. I fixed two small bugs. One with Battlecruiser II (which was created as research and SF, but lacked the corresponding item) and Aemoured car II (which wasnīt blocking its antecessor). The mod already has 153 units and growing....

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Ask for help (10/30/2008 3:08:39 AM)

It might be kind of lame to ask but can you post another screenie of the new and improved zeppelin symbol so I can see how it looks ?

Bombur -> RE: Ask for help (10/30/2008 12:20:31 PM)

quote:

It might be kind of lame to ask but can you post another screenie of the new and improved zeppelin symbol so I can see how it looks ?

-I will do it as soon as possible, Iīm working on v0.18 to be released tomorrow, and I found more bugs than expected (Naval Fighter II ítem wasnīt associated with a SF and Fighter II wasnīt blocking Fighter I).

Bombur -> v0.18 (10/30/2008 8:38:17 PM)

Tests vs the AI showed lots of bugs, like Items withouth SF attached, double items, combat items placed in the non combat group, and some units failing to make obsolete the former versions. V01.8 will, hopefully, fix all those bugs, but, by doing it, I will postpone the creation of new units. Tomorrow v0.18 will be released.

Bombur -> RE: v0.18 (10/31/2008 2:59:14 PM)

-With most bugs fixed, Iīm running into another unexpected trouble, as the AI is building coastal guns in inland cities. As these guns are useless against land units it shouldnīt be happening. However, itīs possible that their huge durability will help them to defend cities. In that case, durability should be greatly reduced....

Bombur -> RE: v0.18 (10/31/2008 3:23:06 PM)

Indeed, these monsters alone can defend a city (althought not causing casualties by themselves). I doubled the cost for these things and decreased durability by 2/3. Maybe it will change the AI behaviour.

Bombur -> RE: v0.18 (10/31/2008 8:08:39 PM)

And here is the Zeppelim graphic....

[image]local://upfiles/12603/56E564BFEB6C45D18C705EB65A5EC2F0.jpg[/image]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: v0.18 (10/31/2008 8:22:10 PM)

Awesome ! I'm really motivated to do the remaining ones now.

Bombur -> RE: v0.18 (10/31/2008 9:07:42 PM)

Btw, sorry I didnīt mentioned you in the credits for v0.18. This will be corrected in v0.20.

Bombur -> RE: v0.18 (11/5/2008 11:45:21 PM)

Afre some objectiosn from Grymme, I made a few changes in weight of items. Now all infantry units, including those with heavy equipment (mortars, machineguns) are given a weight of 20 (despite the fact that, in game scale, they weight less). This was made to simulate the troubles in moving machineguns, mortars and others. These heavy infantry equipment were also given an artillery type movement. They will need horses as mobilizers now. Light artillery is given a weight of 20 even if it weights more, to simulate the fact these items are usually placed in wheels and towed by trucks or horses, thus decreasing effective weight (as opposed to loading the piece in the vehicle). Heavy artillery will weight 50 (thus needing at least a medium truck), and some very heavy artillery units (as the AA12.8 cm gun or coastal artillery have a nig weight and are fixed, so they can be moved only by landcap)

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI