RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

mussey -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 6:10:03 PM)

Wowwie, the hits just keep on coming! Thanks to all. Now, where is that &^%&)$#! serial #.........

Kwik E Mart -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 6:50:13 PM)

*sigh*....if only this worked for GFU's (girlfriend units) and WU's (wife units)... [;)]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:06:31 PM)

Bravo Zulu, Erik.

("Well Done" for you doggies, jarheads, and zoomies out there.)

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:08:26 PM)

One more quesiton, Erik. (Maybe down-thread, but I haven't read past your first post yet.)

What will the mechanism be for providing our proof-of-WITP-ownership to Digital River? Will it be VERY obvious on the order page, or what/where?

vvidas -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:28:36 PM)

Wow! This is great news!
I'll buy AE and also UV and WPO. In August I'm going on vacation for three weeks without comp&internet [:(], so I'll have to wait until I come back.

Matrix rulez!!! [&o]

Erik Rutins -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
What will the mechanism be for providing our proof-of-WITP-ownership to Digital River? Will it be VERY obvious on the order page, or what/where?

There will be a page on our site (we will provide the link) where you go to trade in your serial number for a discount code. You can only do this once per WITP serial number. When you go to our online store to purchase WITP-AE, there will be a field to enter the discount code before you finalize your purchase. Once you enter it, you should see the $20 discount and the code will be used up.

Regards,

- Erik

HistoryGuy -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:51:39 PM)

Very good. You guys are an extremely professional and sensible bunch.

mjk428 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 7:56:25 PM)

This makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Even though this didn't effect my bottom line, I'll be buying day 1 now.

Everything previously said on the subject is hereby forgotten.

Congrats to Matrix for being so willing to change their approach.

Grotius -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 8:12:46 PM)

Does our AE license permit us to put AE on, say, a laptop and a main PC? I ask because I'm on the road right now, with laptop only, but I usually play at home on my desktop. As I recall, we could do this with WITP so long as we didn't operate the game on both PCs simultaneously.

Terminus -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 8:13:29 PM)

Why shouldn't it? The AE serial number system works exactly the same as every other Matrix game, including stock WitP.

Erik Rutins -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 8:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius
Does our AE license permit us to put AE on, say, a laptop and a main PC? I ask because I'm on the road right now, with laptop only, but I usually play at home on my desktop. As I recall, we could do this with WITP so long as we didn't operate the game on both PCs simultaneously.

Yes, we allow you to use two computers as long as you're only playing it on one at a time.

ych -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 8:55:12 PM)

HELLO,
For Europe ,
Price will be in Euro at the same "price" than in $ ( market conversion rate ) or higher?

Thanks.

Erik Rutins -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 9:00:44 PM)

As with all our games, the prices for all areas will be set based on the exchange rate on the date of release, so it should be an almost exact conversion.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 9:18:53 PM)

Fantastic. This makes so much more buisness sense.

Too bad I own all of the 'Victory at Sea' games. But I might be buying some copies of UV as gifts.

kfmiller41 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 11:01:46 PM)

Have to say it is impressive to see a company that does try and make its customer base happy. I was going to buy AE at the original price point anyway the day it releases but seeing Matrix do things like this is why I have supported so many of your game titles. I also buy merchandise as well just to help keep this fine company going.

Thanks[&o]

T Rav -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/21/2009 11:52:56 PM)

Bravo Zulu, Erik.

The Moose

Moose,

It might be "Well Done" for our surface bound brothers, but we yankee air pirates prefer "S#!t Hot" as the correct translation to your BZ.

Best Regards,
T Rav

AttuWatcher -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 1:27:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beezle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moose

The only problem I have with this plan is that it tempts me to buy War Plan Orange along with AE and I dont have an abundance of cash right now.

The major problem I have with this is that I defiinitely will buy War Plan Orange and now will have to run two computers at once to play both at once <G>

WPO is a great game. and the turns take far less time than witp.

I should check out WPO but I don't know how I will find the time between AE and WITP!

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 2:41:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

Bravo Zulu, Erik.

The Moose

Moose,

It might be "Well Done" for our surface bound brothers, but we yankee air pirates prefer "S#!t Hot" as the correct translation to your BZ.

Best Regards,
T Rav

[/quote/]

Don't the signal flags get a little ragged when you hang them out the cockpit?[:)]

AirGriff -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 4:40:42 PM)

Actually, this game has SAVED me a ton of money. Consider what I would be doing if not sitting here playing WitP and reading this forum. There are a lot of expensive hobbies out there. This is not one of them.

ckk -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 7:02:43 PM)

Great thinking again on the part of Matrix, Erik[&o][&o][&o]

bstarr -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 9:26:34 PM)

I for one am glad AE is now a stand-alone release. It makes it more simple - buy, install, play. I figure I can only screw something up once this way. Make a game an addition and it's usually three to four screw ups before I get it right. I know that may be hard for some of you computer-types to believe, but ask Eric - he's bailed me out several times.

Okay, that was a lot further off base than I intended.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/22/2009 10:00:57 PM)

kudos to matrix ! finally, a company listens to their customers [:)]

I would have bought it anyway but this is really awesome

now bring it to gold ! [&o]

bssybeep -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 1:09:33 AM)

Very nice. excellent customer service with Matrix listening to their customers. I'm a day one buyer now that I don't have to buy witp just to play ae.

poerr -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 2:35:54 AM)

Just wanted to say thanks for the change in pricing. I really appreciate the nod to the customer. Well done.

Russ

Anthropoid -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 3:17:53 AM)

You guys are excellent! With deals like that, I think you are going to make as large a fraction of all the different contingents happy as you could possibly hope for! I think I might even buy Uncommon Valor with a deal like that!

I think this will work well for a lot of prospective newcomers. For me, when I firist bought WiTP, I got bogged down, it was a lot to learn. . . heard on the forums that WPO was a lot simpler but the same basic system and thus a good trainer, and bought it. It WAS a good trainer! I have enjoyed both games a LOT; indeed, I've probably played WPO as much or more than WiTP! Matrix got two sales, everyone was happy [:)]

reg113 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 3:42:45 AM)

Sooo if we are talkin' prices it can't be much longer...[:D][:)][:D][:)]

viberpol -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 1:09:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: poerr

Just wanted to say thanks for the change in pricing. I really appreciate the nod to the customer. Well done.

Russ

A whole bunch of satisfied potential customers... Great. Evereybody is happy, no whinners.
Just let us play AE. [;)]

Terminus -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 1:14:40 PM)

"No whin(n)ers" is probably too much to hope for, especially once we actually release it...[:D]

viberpol -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 1:27:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

"No whin(n)ers" is probably too much to hope for, especially once we actually release it...[:D]

So maybe let's stay in this phase (pre-release) a little longer? [:D][;)]

Terminus -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/23/2009 1:27:45 PM)

Works for me. I've already got the game...[:'(]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI