RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Terminus -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/26/2009 7:28:29 PM)

If you'll just scroll up this very page to post #103...

Scott_USN -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/26/2009 7:32:26 PM)

Doh! Just slap me around a little just excited I have wore WITP out and still haven't stopped loving it :)

derhexer -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/26/2009 8:26:10 PM)

This is great news and sounds like a great marketing strategy. I will definitely buy WiTP AE when it come sout, and wil probably WPO too! Good job, Matrix!

Nux Mortis -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (7/27/2009 5:09:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
*snip*
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition will now be a stand-alone release. It will NOT require War in the Pacific to install or to play. We still recommend that customers interested in Admiral's Edition give WITP a try first. The larger map scale, fewer units and larger number of shorter or smaller scenarios we feel are ideal to mastering the system before you proceed to Admiral's Edition. But if you want to jump right on in to AE, we won't stop you. Go right ahead. [8D]

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition will have a stand-alone price of $79.99 Download / $89.99 Physical.
*snip*

Thanks, Matrixgames! That finally convinced me of buying AE, i am downloading it right now!

GB68 -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/4/2009 6:37:44 AM)

Purchased and discounted! Thank you Matrix! Ready to be blown away!

Historiker -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/4/2009 9:14:29 AM)

Erik, is there any planning about a "Victory at Sea boundle"?
All VaS titles combined for a reduced price?

Joe D. -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/5/2009 2:37:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

Thanks Eric. I was okay with the original plan, but this should make a lot of newcomers happy ...

I am not exactly a newcomer, but a confirmed UV enthusiast who swore to never buy this crazy game, but then you had to make AE stand alone, along w/all those great comments and reviews.

So I just ordered AE, and may God help me.

Congrats to Terminus and his team for changing my mind; I didn't think anyone could.

PS: Still waiting for CF, just not eagerly awaiting it.

ilovestrategy -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/6/2009 1:53:37 AM)

Wow, you guys rock. Seriously! [&o]

Ron Belcher -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/7/2009 4:38:04 AM)

Tomorrow can't come soon enough... c'mon payday! [;)]

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/7/2009 7:07:25 PM)

Erik, just to be clear:

War in the Pacific: Admiral Edition was released on July, 27th 2009. According to the product page, the "Victory at Sea" promotion will last for three months. This means that it will end on October, 27th 2009. Is this right?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Erik Rutins -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/7/2009 7:22:21 PM)

That's correct.

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/8/2009 4:39:17 AM)

Thank you, Erik.

WebRider -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/8/2009 2:15:51 PM)

I don't see them getting many new customers at this price point. 90 bucks is rather high. It is not even multiplayer via internet.

The graphics look ok but I am amazed everyone is happy to pay 90 bucks. I don't know what I am missing evidently.

Is there a way for Japan to win this game or will the U.S. absolutly win every game and it is just a matter of how long it takes?

I don't mean to be negative, I was waiting for this one to be released but I was hoping for a reasonable price point at anround 50 bucks like most A games released into the market.

Like I said new customers will be scarce.

I know this goes against almosed every post on this thread but thats what I think about it.

Empire Total War is only $29 now and when your looking for new blood or maybe your not, but when someone "new" is looking for a game what do you think will happen. I will be 97% of your sales will go to people who own War in the Pacific.

Anthropoid -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/9/2009 12:21:48 PM)

You'll probably get an onslaught of comments from this statement WebRider [:D]

Lets just put it this way: War in the Pacific was the most complicated, realistic theatre level strategic computer-game simulation of ANY historical period ever.

It appears AE has amplified that by several orders of magnitude.

You literally are in control of every ship in the allied command in the theatre, every single battalion and division, ever squadron, etc. Some people call that a "game," but really it is more like a historical logistics simulator that allows for alternate outcomes. If you really are out to understand history, and the way in which fairly small decisions made by commanders, or small differences in unit composition/training/preparation can have magnified rippling effects, there is simply no game available that compares to WiTP. WiTP fans are called "gamers" but in fact they should probably be called fanatics or disciples or something like that.

Playing these games is like working with spreadsheets, maps and paperwork to organize a military campaign that extends over half the Earth's surface. Some of us find that very fun, but it is almost nothing like playing a true "video game." Even LEARNING how to play WiTP is a serious challenge, let alone mastering play against the AI. Becoming a successful player againts a human in PBEM takes literally years for most people. Learning AE will be even more challenging.

ETW is on the other hand an interactive cartoon in which (from what I hear) it is effectively impossible to lose to the AI, and a standard outcome is for any given European nation played by the human to conquer the world before 1850. Some people call that a "game," but really it is more like an interactive fantasy cartoon based on historical content.

Both types of "games" have their place, but the idea that both should cost the same is probably not reasonable. Hope that helps to understand.

quote:

ORIGINAL: WebRider

I don't see them getting many new customers at this price point. 90 bucks is rather high. It is not even multiplayer via internet.

The graphics look ok but I am amazed everyone is happy to pay 90 bucks. I don't know what I am missing evidently.

Is there a way for Japan to win this game or will the U.S. absolutly win every game and it is just a matter of how long it takes?

I don't mean to be negative, I was waiting for this one to be released but I was hoping for a reasonable price point at anround 50 bucks like most A games released into the market.

Like I said new customers will be scarce.

I know this goes against almosed every post on this thread but thats what I think about it.

Empire Total War is only $29 now and when your looking for new blood or maybe your not, but when someone "new" is looking for a game what do you think will happen. I will be 97% of your sales will go to people who own War in the Pacific.

Terminus -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/9/2009 12:29:17 PM)

AE and ETW can not be compared in any meaningful way, content, price or whatever. There is literally no other game like AE in existence. None.

And I've seen plenty of non-stock owners over the past few weeks buying AE. The majority of customers will most likely be former stock players, but so what? The idea that AE should cost a given amount because other games do is ludicrous.

Zebedee -> RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing (8/12/2009 9:18:59 PM)

Think I've got the promo code applied correctly. Comes out as just under £40 prior to VAT and without anything else for the download only option?

Ah well, even if I've messed up, I don't care - just glad to be downloading the game.

Looking forward to trying it out now. Much appreciated AE team, and thank you Eric for listening. Hope the sales figures are encouraging and sustained for Matrix.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI