RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 11:55:02 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Just installed a new graphics card (GTX 580). I remember when graphics cards were just cards. Nowadays they're HUGE!

Yep - huge - and need powerful power supply as well!

BTW, Kristian, you need graphics power for new Shogun and other similar games?

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 12:50:35 PM)

A 'pining for more ring-neck pheasants' tithe. Good morning gents...[&o]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 2:04:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Just installed a new graphics card (GTX 580). I remember when graphics cards were just cards. Nowadays they're HUGE!

Yep - huge - and need powerful power supply as well!

BTW, Kristian, you need graphics power for new Shogun and other similar games?

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah. Shogun 2 was looking okay before, but now it's AWESOME. Same with Mass Effect 2 and 3 and Battlefield 3. Supposedly, my new graphics card can run Modern Warfare 3 maxed out at 115 frames per second...[:D]

Also, the new card has an HDMI port, so here's me connecting PC to TV.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 2:49:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

A 'pining for more ring-neck pheasants' tithe. Good morning gents...[&o]

Used to raise them for the department of wildlife for my state, about 40 a year. I would raise them all summer, let them go about six weeks before hunting season and then go shoot the males once the season opened. Yum, love pheasant!

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 4:14:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hey Shanilec,

Found this photo from a couple years back and thought you might approve. I'm the dorkwad in the Cowboys sweatshirt. Like my fatigues too? [:D]

We got our limits in about 2 hours. The skies were thick with 'em that morning-like locusts. Very very tasty locusts.

[image]local://upfiles/6968/2C4AF7776E53486B814F42E90D38DDE9.jpg[/image]

Niceness.

I have to get out to the land and fill up on water fowl this fall.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 5:43:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Evening tithe, My RA opponent ny59giants set-up a dropbox to exchange our turns, what a great idea and works great, just gets me I never thought of it with my huge intellect. [:D]

Very handy for PBEM games!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 5:44:14 PM)

Good Friday afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 6:40:16 PM)

TTIF tithe!!! [&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 6:41:01 PM)

...holy crap...how are we going to cheat at the register now that canada is getting rid of pennies? [:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 9:01:54 PM)

Free tickets to tomorrow night's Hurricanes game! [8D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 9:07:30 PM)

How the hell did Friday turn into Monday. Cost estimates mixing numbers; site plans that don't exist.[8|] Definately going for a drink tonight.[8D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/30/2012 11:07:38 PM)

To bad it's not hunting season. I feel the need to kill something. Something in the line of a mechanical engineer. [sm=nono.gif]
Off for a couple of cold ones.[;)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 1:27:54 AM)

Fell asleep listening to my Stilwell book... No idea how much I missed, but it's up to 1944, so I'm not totally out to sea anyway...

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 11:36:16 AM)

Good morning and hockey rink - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:10:40 PM)

Hello people of the Thread. I come in peace. Take me to your leader.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:10:59 PM)

And a railroad spike.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:11:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Hello gents. Doesnt seem like theres too much action here. [>:]

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

He sent you a private message to tell you he was ignoring you? [:D]

That's like the commercial on TV lately where a girl calls up her boyfriend to tell him she is giving him the silent treatment. [:D]

I've been trying to find a link to that commercial where the hockey mom drives her kids around in Subaru to the tune of "If I shall fall from grace with god" but it seems to be some sort of a copyright issue....

Neither of the links below works?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfwk5y_subaru-trailer-hockey-mom_auto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAX82lpnkRE

Yep, thats the one. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:12:05 PM)

quote:

So, got my Gatling guns into action. First battle, watched two batteries (eight guns) of them massacre 700 enemy soldiers, none of whom got within range of my riflemen.

Might be a taaaaaaaaad overpowered.

Hiram Maxim might need a career change.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:16:38 PM)

quote:

I spent some enjoyable time playing around on Ancestry.com this weekend. I know the older the information gets, the less reliable it becomes, but if what I've found is accurate, I was able to trace my grandmother's family back to England, Normandy, and then through "historical stories" back to a line of Vikings. I think the trail ends around 350 AD. [:D]

If there are good enough family records to trace back to England, it's possible to find very good records/histories that were kept there.

The real puzzle for me to figure out is where my father's father's family came from and who they were. My grandfather on that side died when my dad was just a little boy so my brother and I know almost nothing about them..... yet. [8D]

I thought you' find that your the direct descendant of the Duke of Steitz-Holstzeinshiem or something and get all snotty. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: log! (3/31/2012 4:17:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

quote:

Hello gents. Doesnt seem like theres too much action here. [>:]

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

He sent you a private message to tell you he was ignoring you? [:D]

That's like the commercial on TV lately where a girl calls up her boyfriend to tell him she is giving him the silent treatment. [:D]

ha ha. that is funny. Maybe i'll be next. It would be awesome.

You have to verbally abuse him first.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:18:26 PM)

quote:

Earlier today, I was setting up my mom's new PC, crawling around on the floor with cables and whatnot. As I was finishing up, I told myself, "don't stand up too fast and hit your head on the sharp edge of the bookshelf above you".

Two seconds later, I was trying not to fall over, clutching my injured skull in pain.

I expect you'll be wearing a helmet from now on.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:19:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

No stitches needed I hope...

Leo "Apollo11"

Nanites....

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:20:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

No, just a solid abrasion and mild concussion. Got kind of a Michail Gorbachev thing going on top of my head...

You're allowing the Russian people greater freedom of expression on top of your cranium? [&:]

Must....resist....starting....political....debate....so how about that weather, eh?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:23:44 PM)

quote:

No head jokes from me. [;)]

Yeah, I didnt like the direction this conversation was...headed.

Your restraint puts you...head and shoulders above the rest of this bunch.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:25:06 PM)

quote:

The official word around the squadron is that I have a new job from this summer [8D]

[image]local://upfiles/20142/33AE4C26319943579527982862A931D2.jpg[/image]

Polishing propellers? [&:]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:25:25 PM)

quote:

That's what I've been told. I thought it was a wind-up last week when I was told the BBMF were on the phone [:D] Childhood dream here I come!

Congrats. What is BBMF?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:27:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Our first thundershower of the year last night. Quite the light show. Odd being as cool as is was last night. Today; another cool (40F.'s) and windy day, up to 40 mph. Possible snow tonight. What happened to our nice, beautiful spring?

After learning that you have a significantly higher chance of getting hit by lightning than winning last night's lotto jackpot I'm glad youre ok. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:28:17 PM)

Battle of Britian Memorial flight.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:29:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Speaking of moving (My sympathies to Mr and Mrs Dixie) , I've found out I'm not (YEAH!!!!). So if anyone thinks they may be in a mood for an airshow in late August (24-26) , I'm willing to host the 2nd (annual?) "Beef,beer and Bombers" WITP summit. Any intrest? [&:]

Interest? There's always interest in my part, Steve-O! Opportunity may be another discussion, but there's always interest. [8D]

Ditto here.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/31/2012 4:30:41 PM)

Not going to visit us here in Nebraska? [X(][:(]

Page: <<   < prev  155 156 [157] 158 159   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI