RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 2:34:08 PM)

Hi all,

It is +12 degrees Centigrade here today... sun and blue skies... [X(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 2:56:04 PM)

Hi all,

Harry Richard Erwin ("Herwin") died yesterday... I just read it on the main forum... he always passionately wrote about various things... sad news... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 3:10:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Right. Morning all. Welcome to 2012. Feels about the same as 2011. Got between 2-4" of the white stuff last night to mark the occasion.

Also, just noticed that the Tournament of Roses parade was being held on January SECOND. WTF is that all about? [:@]

Interestingly, the college sports forum I belong to was talking about this. Apparently, since the first time the Tournament of Roses Parade would have fallen on a Sunday (eighteen seventy something?) they have held it on January 2d so as not to disturb the churches along the route. I thought that it was due to the NFL not wanting to share Sunday with the bowl games but apparently that is not the case.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 3:14:45 PM)

Good morning all[:)]

SuluSea -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 3:22:04 PM)

Yesterday was a good day. [:)][:)]

[image]http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/01/01/Ravens-hold-off-Bengals-clinch-No-2-seed-RFPMSON-x-large.jpg[/image]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 3:45:59 PM)

Aloha, SuluSea and good morning THREAD dudes...[&o]

My serially disappointing boys of cow, men of moo let me down again last night. Ugh.

Sad news about Herwin too...[:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 5:41:35 PM)

Sad to hear about Harry.  [:(]

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 8:07:54 PM)

Quick drive by to wish everyone a great new year!

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 8:08:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,

Harry Richard Erwin ("Herwin") died yesterday... I just read it on the main forum... he always passionately wrote about various things... sad news... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

I too think this is sad news. As you say, he was always passionate. I will truly miss him. I will light the candle for him and have a Mass said for his intercession.

John

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 9:38:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Quick drive by to wish everyone a great new year!

Same to you, Brother! [sm=00000436.gif]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 9:39:30 PM)

Panera Bread wifi - Tithe. [&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 9:40:19 PM)

Had to take my niece for an orientation and have a Guad turn to play, so I brought along some tech geek stuff.  [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 10:41:29 PM)

So...had to get a new suit for our board retreat all of next week....just felt like I spent my entire year's worth of salary at Men's Warehouse... FML...[:(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 11:16:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

So...had to get a new suit for our board retreat all of next week....just felt like I spent my entire year's worth of salary at Men's Warehouse... FML...[:(]

Men's Warehouse (and other tailors)= Chickenboy kryptonite. It's so easy to blow $500-$1,000 in one of those places.[X(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/2/2012 11:33:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Men's Warehouse (and other tailors)= Chickenboy kryptonite. It's so easy to blow $500-$1,000 in one of those places.[X(]

I tend to steer clear of them there type of places. Fortunately I rarely have to wear a suit, but my wife LOVES to dress me up! [:D]

Admiral Mitscher -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 1:31:31 AM)

Afternoon Guys.... I am sorry to hear about Harry Erwin, learnt a lot from his posts. [:(]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 2:04:24 AM)

CB...guess next weeks board retreat kills my wallet before Im even there....it was buy one get one free...so $1100 of suits for $550 is a hell of a deal....I just would have rather spent $25 and called it a day...

Mike, yours may love to dress you up, but I prefer mine to undress me..

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 2:55:08 AM)

[:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:21:23 AM)

My Brothers, with a heavy heart, I have to pass along more sad news this evening.  I received an email reply from Des' son this evening that he has lost his long battle with illness.  [sm=sad-1361.gif]

Here is the email that his son, Basil, asked me to pass along:

Hello Mike,

I am Bruce (Des) Wallace's Son,
I am just tiding-up his affairs and correspondence.
I have the sad news that my Father passed away on the twenty eighth of November 2011, after a long Illness.
I am sorry to have to give you this news, and could you please also pass this news onto his other gaming friends
Basil Wallace. 

The only words that come to mind are that I've lost a friend.  It matters not that we never met in person.  Des will be missed.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:26:10 AM)

That is very sad news indeed.[:(]

I know several people who have lost their lives to cancer lately. I know that death is part of life but it is still very very sad.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:28:39 AM)

Thanks for passing on the news Mike.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:34:55 AM)

I wish I could say it was my pleasure, Bruce, but you're welcome anyway.

Time to go and raise a glass in his memory.  [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

thegreatwent -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:39:18 AM)

A somber Tithe this evening with all this sad news. Life, being what it is, we shouldn't take any part for granted.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:40:50 AM)

Mike you were closer to him than I. My condolences to you. His family will be in my prayers.

I know there was no pleasure in that news, but it is appreciated.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:43:05 AM)

I will bid you all a good night. Stay safe everyone.

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 3:57:40 AM)

We'll miss you Des. Rest well, friend.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 4:02:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

My Brothers, with a heavy heart, I have to pass along more sad news this evening.  I received an email reply from Des' son this evening that he has lost his long battle with illness.  [sm=sad-1361.gif]

Here is the email that his son, Basil, asked me to pass along:

Hello Mike,

I am Bruce (Des) Wallace's Son,
I am just tiding-up his affairs and correspondence.
I have the sad news that my Father passed away on the twenty eighth of November 2011, after a long Illness.
I am sorry to have to give you this news, and could you please also pass this news onto his other gaming friends
Basil Wallace. 

The only words that come to mind are that I've lost a friend.  It matters not that we never met in person.  Des will be missed.

Damn. Very sad news. Des-rest in peace, mate.

Admiral Mitscher -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 4:29:26 AM)

I am very sorry for loss of your friend Guys. [:(]

Be at peace Divepac88.

Marc.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 7:24:52 AM)

I can't let Divepac's passing go without a post. Great sadness. Just no words.....

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/3/2012 11:02:03 AM)

Mid day tithe.

Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI