RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 7:22:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hello Des!

How are you?

Are you at home yet or still with relatives?

Leo "Apollo11"

I'm getting better thanks Leo, but my Doc wont let me play my AE pbem games, and I think that might be the thing that kills me. He said Googled AE, and found it be the most complex game available. But I am allowed to play WitE against the AI, so that is something I suppose.

I finally sorted-out my G-mail account, and Google reset the password for me. But some SOB had really had fun in there, deleted all my archives, and tried to access my Paypal account. So I had to sort out a new passwords there, then also for my Complex and Total war forums.

We moved into my Sister's house, as She and Her Family are based in Sydney and work in Aussie permanently. Her house here was empty, is very modern with full wheelchair access, and very light with lots of windows and skylights. While our house was modern, it was split-level,so I was restricted to the kitchen,dining and living room part of the house only.

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 7:24:00 AM)

New Page, that's a good sign! [;)]

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 7:33:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hello yourself, stranger. [&o] Good to see you 'round these here parts, mate.

How's tricks?

Hello Andre, hope all is well with you, and yours.

But I must admit, that I feel like the living-dead around here just now. Read a few posts at the start of my obituary, but decided to stop as I don't think it is the right thing to do. But I must admit that in the few I did read, that you Guys were talking about someone-else. [:'(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 7:59:50 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 8:02:25 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hello Des!

How are you?

Are you at home yet or still with relatives?

I'm getting better thanks Leo, but my Doc wont let me play my AE pbem games, and I think that might be the thing that kills me. He said Googled AE, and found it be the most complex game available. But I am allowed to play WitE against the AI, so that is something I suppose.

I finally sorted-out my G-mail account, and Google reset the password for me. But some SOB had really had fun in there, deleted all my archives, and tried to access my Paypal account. So I had to sort out a new passwords there, then also for my Complex and Total war forums.

We moved into my Sister's house, as She and Her Family are based in Sydney and work in Aussie permanently. Her house here was empty, is very modern with full wheelchair access, and very light with lots of windows and skylights. While our house was modern, it was split-level,so I was restricted to the kitchen,dining and living room part of the house only.

Good news Des - thanks for info! [:)]

BTW, Gary made some changes recently to WitE AI - I am testing it right now and it will soon be publicly available... it is much much more challenging now (and if you give 110% to AI and keep 100% for you it can be nice play)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 8:03:56 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I just saw a book about the destruction of Guernica. It had two B-17s on the cover.

<facepalm>

Book title?

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 10:21:35 AM)

Think it was French, Leo... "The last days of Guernica"(possibly), but in French.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 11:45:45 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Think it was French, Leo... "The last days of Guernica"(possibly), but in French.

Ahhh... French... then all is clear... [8D]

BTW, anyone seen our French friend lately?

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 1:35:56 PM)

<goes by on pogo stick>

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 1:54:09 PM)

Good morning.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 2:29:46 PM)

A Des UNP to start the day-an auspicious start. [8D]

Morning tithe...[&o]

vettim89 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 3:37:25 PM)

Great time at game last night. I discovered the penalty for attempting to rip you opponent's head off his shoulders is two minutes for Roughing. Who knew?

Very cool moment in the intermissions. On Mondays the Red Wings honor the military. Two people currently serving in the military are selected for special recognition. The announce one during the first intermission and one during the second intermission. A PO in the USN was the first and they announced his name and put him and his family up on the Jumbotron. I expected some polite applause. Instead the entire arena rose to there feet and sustained a standing ovation for a good minute and a half. Same thing happened for the Army SGT and his wife between second and third periods. It was very moving to say the least

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 4:11:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

Great time at game last night. I discovered the penalty for attempting to rip you opponent's head off his shoulders is two minutes for Roughing. Who knew?

You go to the penalty box. For two minutes. By yourself. You feel shame. Then you get free.
Slapshot. How that movie never swept the Oscars I'll never know.[;)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 8:24:42 PM)

Hi all,

Good evening!

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 8:43:56 PM)

Long day at work starting to wind down, no plans with the family at home this evening = A good night doing WITP:AE! [:D][&o][&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 9:05:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Long day at work starting to wind down, no plans with the family at home this evening = A good night doing WITP:AE! [:D][&o][&o]

Don't get caught.[:-]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 10:30:55 PM)

Homeward bound tithe...

Hey Jeff: I made up for buying a March 620 call of Google before they announced earnings. I debated long and hard before deciding NOT to buy Apple before they announced. I feel safe in my newfound security. I'm going to go and see how they reported now, probably down on bad news...

ETA: D'OH! [:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 10:35:44 PM)

Using calls and puts are an excellent tool either in addition to stocks or stand alone... you control a large chunk of money for a small sum.. they should be everyones friend [8D]

I remember a seminar I went to when they were telling the audience how you could make MILLIONS by selling short calls... little did they tell them that is the quickest way to losing your entire investment PLUS additional money. I was so mad...but I am sure a handful of people went home, tried it, and got their ass handed to them..and now will never use options again...rather sad.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/24/2012 11:44:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Using calls and puts are an excellent tool either in addition to stocks or stand alone... you control a large chunk of money for a small sum.. they should be everyones friend [8D]

I remember a seminar I went to when they were telling the audience how you could make MILLIONS by selling short calls... little did they tell them that is the quickest way to losing your entire investment PLUS additional money. I was so mad...but I am sure a handful of people went home, tried it, and got their ass handed to them..and now will never use options again...rather sad.

Ouch.

Well, got some hours in today. Now off to the homestead. Labrador (Rascal) is going to be ready for his treats. He also has a house guest for a few day. Another Labrador (a yellow). So I'm going to have my hands full with AE and thier attention. A three front war.[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 3:16:00 AM)

An outstanding conference...Cap'n Mandrake perhaps?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2005.05797.x/full

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 7:30:19 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 11:32:53 AM)

SEALs been let out to play again...

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 2:49:30 PM)

Morning.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 3:03:27 PM)

Good morning all.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:08:45 PM)

Good afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:09:10 PM)

Very busy, but very good times around here. [:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:10:08 PM)

What a nice day. Coffee cup is full and getting in some hours. No northern lights last night. Maybe tonight. But had a beautiful hoar frost this morning.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:10:11 PM)

Hi all,

Good evening!

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:30:25 PM)

quote:

Yep...nice shootin' Tex...[8D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:39:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Yep...nice shootin' Tex...[8D]

Flawlessly executed hostage rescue, looks like. Although I can't quite stop snickering whenever I hear the name of the country they flew out to.

Djibouti... TeeHee... Djibouti...

Page: <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI