RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 6:48:58 PM)

New Page!

Just back from Lunch...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 7:04:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

SEALs been let out to play again...

Yep...nice shootin' Tex...[8D]

Flawlessly executed hostage rescue, looks like. Although I can't quite stop snickering whenever I hear the name of the country they flew out to.

Djibouti... TeeHee... Djibouti...

Wasn't there a Music Man musical number about that country? [;)]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 7:05:45 PM)

quote:

Flawlessly executed hostage rescue, looks like.

Yep. And if a dozen or so baddies happen to get greased along the way, so much the better.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 8:20:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

SEALs been let out to play again...

Yep...nice shootin' Tex...[8D]

Flawlessly executed hostage rescue, looks like. Although I can't quite stop snickering whenever I hear the name of the country they flew out to.

Djibouti... TeeHee... Djibouti...

Could that be where John Big Boote came from? [;)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 8:27:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yep. And if a dozen or so baddies happen to get greased along the way, so much the better.

It's extra newsworthy in this country because of the nationality of one of the two rescuees, obviously...

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 9:08:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

+1 to that.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 9:51:43 PM)

Man..Oklahoma is a boring state..

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 10:04:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Man..Oklahoma is a boring state..

Graduated from High School there, spent a year at OSU, I agree, but Kansas isn't any better! [:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 10:29:59 PM)

Kansas is Heaven on Earth [&o][&o]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 10:33:09 PM)

I like Nebraska (I'll miss it when I move shortly) ,Florida,Virginia,Washington,Maine,Winchester England and even Agana Guam. I've pretty much liked everywhere I've lived, and expect to say the same thing about West Virginia. [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 11:17:03 PM)

quote:

The lower level of North Dakota. We're on the Penthouse level. 35 cents a call to way upstairs.[:D]

thegreatwent -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 11:25:03 PM)

Tithe[:)]

Been awhile so I thought I would drop by.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 11:34:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Graduated from High School there

You graduated from High School in Dijbouti? [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/25/2012 11:35:41 PM)

quote:

Hmmm...interesting. You must be agnostic, then. For if you believe that Kansas = heaven on Earth, you must not have seen any of the real nice states. [:'(]

ETA: C'mon, Jeff-I'm just yankin' your chain, Kansas.[;)]

ETA II: Perhaps if your comparatives are Oklahoma and New Jersey, you may have a point.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 12:57:22 AM)

quote:

quote:

Graduated from High School there

You graduated from High School in Dijbouti? [:D]

OK, very funny, you got me... Fixed... All Hail Chickenboy! [&o][&o]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 12:59:01 AM)

quote:

quote:

Hmmm...interesting. You must be agnostic, then. For if you believe that Kansas = heaven on Earth, you must not have seen any of the real nice states. [:'(]

ETA II: Perhaps if your comparatives are Oklahoma and New Jersey, you may have a point.

There is a reason I live in Tennessee now and not Oklahoma! Canoerebel knows what I mean.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 1:16:43 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is a reason I live in Tennessee now and not Oklahoma! Canoerebel knows what I mean.

Are you saying that you're not a Cherokee or that your anscestors slipped away from the forced migration?

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 1:22:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you saying that you're not a Cherokee or that your anscestors slipped away from the forced migration?

Correct on both counts, I am about 2/5 Scottish, 2/5 German, and 1/5 a mixture of a lot.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 1:25:47 AM)

Then you are different from most folks I knew in the area. It seems that more than half of them claimed a Cherokee great grandmother or some such... [8|]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 1:27:41 AM)

I have family living in Oklahoma. They didn't originate there, so I don't have to claim it as part of my background (most of my family is from either Louisiana or Georgia). I have, however, spent enough time there to know that I would never want to live there.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 1:30:31 AM)

We were in the Cherokee strip area which was a hunting ground for the Cherokees up until the land rush. Then all kinds of people moved in.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 2:28:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
I have, however, spent enough time there to know that I would never want to live there.

Actually, I think the eastern part of the state is quite nice. Rolling hills, meandering rivers, not bad at all.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 2:49:27 AM)

That's where my family lives . Still not enticing to me...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 5:55:33 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

My kryptonite? A southern Belle with a lilting Tennessee accent. Oh my! It just sounds so right...

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 7:57:49 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

DOCUP -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 8:08:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I like Nebraska (I'll miss it when I move shortly) ,Florida,Virginia,Washington,Maine,Winchester England and even Agana Guam. I've pretty much liked everywhere I've lived, and expect to say the same thing about West Virginia. [:D]

West Virginia ain't bad. Unless youins don't like them der outdoorsy activites. Yall know huntin, fishin, campin, hiken, raftin, skiing, and the like.

Seriously not a bad place to live depending on were you move to. Lots of outdoor activites to do. I wanted out of this place growing up, joined the army traveled around then thought, WVa isn't half bad. Heck where I live I can leave my garage door up while I go to work and no one will bother anything. My dads neighbor hood still has block parties.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 8:10:23 AM)

Hi all,

WOW! [X(]

"The Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth Ever," Says NASA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/6760135001/sizes/l/in/photostream/

This is 1024x1024 - there is even 8000x8000 pixels! [&o]

Leo "Apollo11"

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 11:19:34 AM)

Morning guys. Yesterday, I tentatively accepted a position as a contractor supporting the military. I'm going to be wearing civvies to work for the first time in 10 years!. I also heard that there may be another offer out there. Wow, been looking for over a year and then 2 in a week?! [X(] The first one doesn't pay a lot but has lots of upward mobility. We'll see about the second one (if it really happens).

Off to my camo job....

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 12:05:23 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Morning guys. Yesterday, I tentatively accepted a position as a contractor supporting the military. I'm going to be wearing civvies to work for the first time in 10 years!. I also heard that there may be another offer out there. Wow, been looking for over a year and then 2 in a week?! [X(] The first one doesn't pay a lot but has lots of upward mobility. We'll see about the second one (if it really happens).

Off to my camo job....

Best wishes Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/26/2012 12:22:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Off to my camo job....

Great news, Mike! [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI