RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 8:26:45 PM)

Good start from Mr Button and his new nose - keep it up lad!

BTW - just seen highlights from the famous Arnoux/Villeneuve battle at the French Grand Prix in 1979. Its absolutely amazing!! The state of the Dijon track (and the "interesting" run-off areas) is bad enough, but having a load of people on the main straight while the race is still going on?? Simply Wow [X(]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/18005760

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 8:59:15 PM)

I know that my Fantasy F1 League team is having a torrid time at the moment.

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:01:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

I know that my Fantasy F1 League team is having a torrid time at the moment.

Best wishes,
Steve
Warspite1

Who have you got?

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:18:56 PM)

Er... you are not going to believe this but ...

The Marauders

Force India
Marussia
Grosjean
Petrov

Current point total 39

The leader is Gran Turismo with 124

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:20:24 PM)

quote:

The Marauders

Force India
Marussia
Grosjean
Petrov

Warspite1

Well Grosjean may come good - otherwise...there's always next year [;)]

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:21:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

The Marauders

Force India
Marussia
Grosjean
Petrov

Warspite1

Did I hear though that someone was nobbling the Force India mechanics?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:27:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Marauders

Force India
Marussia
Grosjean
Petrov

Warspite1

Did I hear though that someone was nobbling the Force India mechanics?

Warspite1

I hadn't heard that - although I think Force India have had to pay over £600k to Caterham for some design infringement or something....

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:34:17 PM)

I heard on the radio that just before the Bahrain race the Force India Mechanics were demanding to be sent home because of some violence directed at them.

By the way...

This is the Gran Turismo team...

Mclaren
Sauber
Vettel
Perez

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:37:26 PM)

quote:

I heard on the radio that just before the Bahrain race the Force India Mechanics were demanding to be sent home because of some violence directed at them.

Warspite1

No, four of the team were inadvertently caught up in some of the protesting out there. Force India were not being targeted - they were just unlucky - but the team agreed they could leave the country.

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:39:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

No, four of the team were inadvertently caught up in some of the protesting out there. Force India were not being targeted - they were just unlucky - but the team agreed they could leave the country.

I wasn't sure that I heard right because I wasn't paying particular attention to the radio at the time. So I only got half a story it seems...

parusski -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:41:13 PM)

I must hand it to warpsite1 and other Euronuts, they are consistent with their sports - ALL ARE BORING. But I did get a nice photo that Orm took of warspite1 and his date(thanks to being a posting master) watching cars go in circles:

[image]local://upfiles/191/2C00EFCDA6DC4A618C3C902572E95ED9.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:42:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

I must hand it to warpsite1 and other Euronuts, they are consistent with their sports - ALL ARE BORING. But I did get a nice photo that Orm took of warspite1 and his date(thanks to being a posting master) watching cars go in circles:

Warspite1

Yep - that's Mrs W on the right.

parusski -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/11/2012 9:43:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Yep - that's Mrs W on the right.

LOL, you win this one.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 2:36:55 PM)

quote:

Good start from Mr Button and his new nose - keep it up lad!

Warspite1

[8|]

Button aside, an interesting qualifying session - great to see the once great Williams team back in the thick of the action [:)]

kvob -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 4:36:35 PM)

A step forward for Ferrari. That'll do nicely[:)]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 4:40:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kvob

A step forward for Ferrari. That'll do nicely[:)]
Warspite1

In Alonso's hands at least [&o]

kvob -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 6:58:03 PM)

Latest news. Hamilton's Pole may hang in the balance. Stewards are looking into why he stopped on track.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 7:02:41 PM)

quote:

Latest news. Hamilton's Pole may hang in the balance. Stewards are looking into why he stopped on track.
Warspite1

For %^&%&&&& sake

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 7:08:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

For %^&%&&&& sake
Warspite1

Let's hope Maldanado can make use of the pole and give Williams a much needed win....not going to happen though - my money is on Lotus.

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:07:01 PM)

Who forgot to fill up Lewis fuel tank???

Of course with a lighter car it is possible to race faster, but isn't it a case of maths to work out the fuel consumption for a few laps?

I know the mechanics are also humans, but they get paid a large salary to get the cars to the pole and after on the podium.

Man am I annoyed when I see such results.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:10:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Of course with a lighter car it is possible to race faster, but isn't it a case of maths to work out the fuel consumption for a few laps?

I know the mechanics are also humans, but they get paid a large salary to get the cars to the pole and after on the podium.

Mat
Warspite1

Not, I'll wager, as angry as Lewis.... Poor Lewis, he's learning from his mistakes of last year, trying to keep his nose clean and be consistent - and he keeps getting dumped on [:@]

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:17:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

Mat
Warspite1

Not, I'll wager, as angry as Lewis.... Poor Lewis, he's learning from his mistakes of last year, trying to keep his nose clean and be consistent - and he keeps getting dumped on [:@]

True, last season he made some stupid mistakes. But after getting pole and finding put that due to rule infriction you're going to start from the end of the grid is, well not sure which words to use, as there might be minors following this thread.

Just hope he doesn't get mixed up in any accidents at the start of the race and can "fight" his way through.

Having to watch the race on german telly isn't going to make any things more fun to watch.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:24:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mat
Warspite1

True, last season he made some stupid mistakes. But after getting pole and finding put that due to rule infriction you're going to start from the end of the grid is, well not sure which words to use, as there might be minors following this thread.

Just hope he doesn't get mixed up in any accidents at the start of the race and can "fight" his way through.

Having to watch the race on german telly isn't going to make any things more fun to watch.

Mat
Warspite1

I hope - for the sake of a good race - Maldanado gets off to a flier with Alonso tucked in behind and Lotus' unable to overtake. Could be good tomorrow.

Anyway OT, but haven't you got some voting to do british exil? [;)]

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:35:30 PM)

Ohhhhhh.

Tomorrow is going to be a long hard day. F1, Premier League and voting.

Voting, of course. I should use my rights to vote and I did say I was going to didn't I. That was 2 weeks ago, I had hoped someone might have forgotten about it.

Looks like you do have some superpowers W1.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:42:15 PM)

quote:

Ohhhhhh.

Tomorrow is going to be a long hard day. F1, Premier League and voting.

Voting, of course. I should use my rights to vote and I did say I was going to didn't I. That was 2 weeks ago, I had hoped someone might have forgotten about it.

Looks like you do have some superpowers W1.

Mat
Warspite1

Who do you follow in the PL?

Yes, I was not going to forget [;)] I hope to get the preliminary rounds completed tomorrow so if you can vote that would be good - there are a few tight battles for places where one vote can make all the difference.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/12/2012 10:52:39 PM)

I just pop in every now and again and watch a live premiere league match on telly.

I follow the Bundesliga and am a fan of Hannover 96. Just watched Bayern Munich get beaten again against Dortmund. Cup final 5:2!! Dortmund have gotten a double this season and Bayern nothing. Hoping Chealsea will win the CL next week so that Bayern have a season they will want to forget ASAP.

Will vote tomorrow. 34 pages to read through will take a while. But I will/ must do it, if everybody is counting on me.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 12:05:07 AM)

quote:

I just pop in every now and again and watch a live premiere league match on telly.

I follow the Bundesliga and am a fan of Hannover 96. Just watched Bayern Munich get beaten again against Dortmund. Cup final 5:2!! Dortmund have gotten a double this season and Bayern nothing. Hoping Chealsea will win the CL next week so that Bayern have a season they will want to forget ASAP.
Will vote tomorrow. 34 pages to read through will take a while. But I will/ must do it, if everybody is counting on me.

Mat
Warspite1

For me its quite simple; if Spurs (by some miracle [8|][sm=nono.gif]) or Newcastle finish 4th then I want Bayern Munich to win the CL. Equally unlikely, but if Arsenal muck up against West Brom and finish 4th I will be the biggest Chelsea fan imaginable!! [:)]

parusski -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 6:07:30 AM)

YAWN. Watching cars go round and round.

Here is something that might be about as exciting as watching cars race:

[image]local://upfiles/191/7449539E41D74F99B4B0DCFFF122EAF8.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 6:48:34 AM)

quote:

YAWN. Watching cars go round and round.

Here is something that might be about as exciting as watching cars race:

[image]local://upfiles/191/7449539E41D74F99B4B0DCFFF122EAF8.jpg[/image]
Warspite1

Wow - that looks like fun [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI