RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 2:51:57 PM)

Well done Pastor Maldonado!! So pleased for Sir Frank Williams too [:)]

kvob -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 4:10:02 PM)

Very pleased to see Williams winning again[:)]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/13/2012 5:14:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

I just pop in every now and again and watch a live premiere league match on telly.

I follow the Bundesliga and am a fan of Hannover 96. Just watched Bayern Munich get beaten again against Dortmund. Cup final 5:2!! Dortmund have gotten a double this season and Bayern nothing. Hoping Chealsea will win the CL next week so that Bayern have a season they will want to forget ASAP.
Will vote tomorrow. 34 pages to read through will take a while. But I will/ must do it, if everybody is counting on me.

Mat
Warspite1

For me its quite simple; if Spurs (by some miracle [8|][sm=nono.gif]) or Newcastle finish 4th then I want Bayern Munich to win the CL. Equally unlikely, but if Arsenal muck up against West Brom and finish 4th I will be the biggest Chelsea fan imaginable!! [:)]
Warspite1

Great - the Baggies keeper has a complete mare - and Arsenal get 3rd [:@]

We now need Bayern to beat Chelsea or its no Champions League for Spurs next season [:@]

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/14/2012 5:59:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just pop in every now and again and watch a live premiere league match on telly.

I follow the Bundesliga and am a fan of Hannover 96. Just watched Bayern Munich get beaten again against Dortmund. Cup final 5:2!! Dortmund have gotten a double this season and Bayern nothing. Hoping Chealsea will win the CL next week so that Bayern have a season they will want to forget ASAP.
Will vote tomorrow. 34 pages to read through will take a while. But I will/ must do it, if everybody is counting on me.

Mat
Warspite1

For me its quite simple; if Spurs (by some miracle [8|][sm=nono.gif]) or Newcastle finish 4th then I want Bayern Munich to win the CL. Equally unlikely, but if Arsenal muck up against West Brom and finish 4th I will be the biggest Chelsea fan imaginable!! [:)]
Warspite1

We now need Bayern to beat Chelsea or its no Champions League for Spurs next season [:@]

Sorry to hear that Spurs is not going to play CL next year, as milions of fans over here will be happy if Bayern do not win the final.
They are either loved or hated here, hated because of their arrogance. The Eurocup is as they called it a trophy for losers. Every year without the league chamionship is a lost year, etc.

I hate to be "schadenfroh" but if Bayern do lose it will be a night to remember.

But as the saying goes, may the best team win, I just hope it will be Chealsea.

Mat

nate25 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/14/2012 9:40:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mat
Warspite1

Warspite1

So did your car(s) win yesterday?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/14/2012 9:44:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mat
Warspite1

Warspite1

So did your car(s) win yesterday?

Warspite1

No 8th and 9th....

Jenson was back in 2010 mode; he has races where he just cannot make the car work.
Lewis was just plain unlucky. He got pole by half a sceond but was relegated to the back row for a technical infringement. Made his tyres last to claim 8th - great drive.

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/14/2012 9:44:54 PM)

Well mine (Mclaren Mercedes) did not win, they gained a few points. But the big surprise was Williams. First win since 2004.
They deserved the win, nice racing.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 5:40:29 AM)

So who is going to win the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend? Button reckons it will be a Lotus.

kvob -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 6:26:25 PM)

I've got a fiver on Hamilton. He's driving very well right now...all he has to do is avoid those pitstop gremlins.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 7:48:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kvob

I've got a fiver on Hamilton. He's driving very well right now...all he has to do is avoid those pitstop gremlins.

Warspite1

Well lets hope you are right [sm=innocent0001.gif]

Orm -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 9:24:59 PM)

quote:

So who is going to win the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend? Button reckons it will be a Lotus.

I go with Michael Schumacher.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 9:28:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Warspite1

He certainly thinks so - worth a bet certainly.

Orm -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/26/2012 9:32:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Warspite1

He certainly thinks so - worth a bet certainly.

He had the fastest lap but has a tricky starting position. But if he shows some patience I think he has a good chance of winning.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/27/2012 8:49:12 PM)

Well the McLarens are looking worse with every passing race - only Lewis' brilliance keeping them at the races.

But what a bizarre season this is turning out to be.....[X(]

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/28/2012 12:10:32 PM)

What happened yesterday??

McLaren didn't seem to have any chance. Redbull dominated and the Monaco circut proved it again, no overtaking unless you want to destroy your car!

Monaco is just a show race for the rich. I think the only reason for the race is the big money Monaco attracts. If that were not the case, then I think Bernie would have binned that circut years ago.
Either the cars get smashed up in the start or the weather plays foul and tactics are wasted. It always seems a start to finish win for either of the first two on the grid, the others can only join in the convoy and have Sunday drive.

Ok Vettel did well on his tactics, but I thought that all in the top 10 had to start with the same tyres, or was that a rule from the 2011 season?

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (5/28/2012 7:04:53 PM)

quote:

McLaren didn't seem to have any chance. Redbull dominated and the Monaco circut proved it again, no overtaking unless you want to destroy your car!

Monaco is just a show race for the rich. I think the only reason for the race is the big money Monaco attracts. If that were not the case, then I think Bernie would have binned that circut years ago.
Either the cars get smashed up in the start or the weather plays foul and tactics are wasted. It always seems a start to finish win for either of the first two on the grid, the others can only join in the convoy and have Sunday drive.

Ok Vettel did well on his tactics, but I thought that all in the top 10 had to start with the same tyres, or was that a rule from the 2011 season?

Mat

Warspite1

If in the top 10 you start on the tyres you qualify on. Interesting point in the Mail today - Sam Michael is at Williams - they are rubbish; Sam Michael moves to McLaren - they are rubbish, while Williams are having a new lease of life.....

BTW Mat - shouldn't you be voting in the Aussie Beauties [:-] [;)]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/8/2012 9:50:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

Mat

Warspite1

If in the top 10 you start on the tyres you qualify on. Interesting point in the Mail today - Sam Michael is at Williams - they are rubbish; Sam Michael moves to McLaren - they are rubbish, while Williams are having a new lease of life.....

BTW Mat - shouldn't you be voting in the Aussie Beauties [:-] [;)]
Warspite1

What the hell is going on at McLaren?!?!?!?[&:]

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/9/2012 11:10:04 AM)

Team India is waiting to pounce...

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/9/2012 11:11:22 AM)

So long as its Mr Di Resta that does the biz if they are. He is our (UK) next great hope.

shunwick -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/9/2012 11:13:38 AM)

I desperately need my fantasy F1 team "The Essex Marauders" to start picking up some points. I am bottom of the pile at the moment.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/10/2012 9:21:22 PM)

At last - and what a race!!

Go Lewis!!

[image]local://upfiles/28156/623E5DC415BE4B5F8DEEAB70FC394037.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/23/2012 9:34:00 PM)

Where did Vettel get that lap time from????

Such a shame Paul di Resta mucked up at the last corner.

If only Vettel can not do one of his usual efficient starts (and allow Lewis or Maldanado in front) then it could be a great race; particularly with Alonso, Schumacher and Webber starting further back.

Let's hope so because let's face it, Valencia is normally a rubbish race.....

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/24/2012 3:04:26 PM)

.....normally a rubbish race yes, but not today!!!! [X(][X(]

Incredible race, action every minute, great drive from Alonso, Vettel unlucky as he had the race in his pocket....and then there's Maldonado.....What a complete moron....[sm=nono.gif]

kvob -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/24/2012 7:01:39 PM)

Maldonado has received a 20 second penalty, dropping him to 12th. Personally, I think he should have received a 10 place grid penalty at the next race.

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/25/2012 8:24:45 AM)

A race ban for the next race.
Some fines just seem to be too little.
A 20 sec penalty at thebeginning of a race is harsh, but after kicking out the 2nd place 2 laps or so before the end of the race. ???

Tony Whitmarsh should have have the driver flogged.

Yesterday was a bad day for english sports.

Mat

redcoat -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/25/2012 10:27:30 PM)

[image]http://i56.tinypic.com/ev4eib.gif[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/25/2012 10:30:40 PM)

[:D]

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/25/2012 11:08:36 PM)

[sm=00000280.gif][sm=happy0029.gif][:D][sm=00000436.gif]

mavraamides -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/26/2012 8:21:41 PM)

I still can't believe Schumi made it to the podium. It seemed like he was passing a car per lap towards the end!

What brilliant timing on his and Webber's pit stops.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/26/2012 8:29:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot

I still can't believe Schumi made it to the podium. It seemed like he was passing a car per lap towards the end!

What brilliant timing on his and Webber's pit stops.
Warspite1

I am not sure brilliant is the right word given the enormous slice of luck involved - as Ross Brawn and Mark Webber themselves admitted.

What do you think of these tyres? Definitely make a race exciting for a neutral, but is it too much of a lottery at the moment?? I can't decide which.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI