RE: New map for WITE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

drw61 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/2/2013 9:44:30 PM)

Just saw this, very nice! Downloading now.
Thanks, Daryl

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 9:21:28 AM)

Great map and counters. Especially like the look of it zoomed out. For some reason I always disliked the Vanilla counter blocks. But your's look nice.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 10:50:29 AM)

Weather effects ready - link in my signature.

[:)]

Jison

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 12:03:19 PM)

Thanks, very nice. Finally I can play in mud or blizzard phases without having parts of the hexes covered in unreadable conditions. [:)]

chemkid -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 2:00:48 PM)

Lictuel -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 6:10:51 PM)

This just gets better and better. I always had a problem with the original map and the weather effects, I found it too hard to figure out what terrain was underneath that mud / snow. Your effects look pretty and still allow easy identification of the terrain, very nice.

Blutch -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 6:40:29 PM)

I love your map, but I do not use your counters. Is there a way to have them at the "normal" size counter ?
In my opinion, outline are too thin, I am unable to see which unit is refitting.

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 7:32:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blutch

I love your map, but I do not use your counters. Is there a way to have them at the "normal" size counter ?
In my opinion, outline are too thin, I am unable to see which unit is refitting.

If the counters are too small (although after getting accustomed it should be nothing really bothersome), try playing at the lowest zoom level. It looks pretty good when zoomed in.

SigUp -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 7:33:26 PM)

-double post-

IronDuke_slith -> RE: New map for WITE (6/3/2013 9:41:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jison

Weather effects ready - link in my signature.

Jison

Many thanks.

I just started the game, extracted the files then started another instance of it to compare the Demyansk scenario side by side and it's a major improvement. It's very clear the conditions are snowy, but you can clearly see the underlying detail of the terrain in a way that's much harder with vanilla.

Thank you for this.

What's next...? [;)]

Regards,
ID

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/4/2013 7:27:33 PM)

Glad you guys like the mod! [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: chemkid

@Jison - thank you very much!

chem!

ps: there's no donate-button on your MapMod page... why?! [X(]

Fiddle with mods are fun - fiddle with PayPal is not! [;)]

Jison

achillesdave -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2013 1:03:44 AM)

Thanks for the map and counters [&o]

Ron -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2013 12:03:40 PM)

I would like to chime in and say wow, thank you. This is simply amazing work, completely transforms the look and feel of the game, and much more professional over the stock graphics in my opinion. Just curious about the "I'm not done yet - more stuff later." Thanks again.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2013 6:35:24 PM)

Fortifications are ready - link in my signature.

Jison

RedLancer -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2013 8:00:54 PM)

When you see that Jison has posted it's like being a kid going into a sweet shop

sillyflower -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2013 11:18:51 PM)

Fantastic work Jison.[&o]

1 small problem. I was able to install map and weather but not forts. Any ideas? Belphegor (who is very computer literate unlike me) has the same problem

Manstein63 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 12:25:44 AM)

Looks fantastic Jison just downloaded it all [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Thanks
Manstein63

IronDuke_slith -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 12:40:25 AM)

If you're looking for requests / suggestions, then something to display (with your usual subtlety) the ARM / HI and resource hexes would be nice...[;)]

Thanks,
ID

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 9:41:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

1 small problem. I was able to install map and weather but not forts. Any ideas? Belphegor (who is very computer literate unlike me) has the same problem

It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the file - compression and content checked ok. If you could be a bit more detailed perhaps we could figure it out...

I know this is a very stupid question but you do have the 'toggle fort levels' on?

Jison

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 9:45:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

If you're looking for requests / suggestions, then something to display (with your usual subtlety) the ARM / HI and resource hexes would be nice...[;)]

Thanks,
ID

That was actually in the original plan, and industrial areas are displayed in my PzC mods, but I eventually decided against it because in WitE you can relocate factories. In the long run that would lead to a map that 'lie' to the player - displaying factories in areas where there are none and vice versa.
WitE's 'Show Factory Location' toggle is more polite that way - it never lies to you... [:)]

Jison

morvael -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 9:48:17 AM)

Could there be a version for the visually impaired (it seems I am in that group) where the fonts used to render unit strength are bold and the counters are darker in that area to provide better outline? Because I really tire when I try to read the thin white digits on Soviet counters... I know the color of font is hardcoded, so you can't change that.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 2:23:04 PM)

This is a class piece of work by any measure. I have replaced my old place names mod with Jison's master piece! I stuck with the Vanilla units though...

[image]local://upfiles/27287/06C1F7AE99A3435393FC81A093AFC9ED.jpg[/image]

sillyflower -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 9:38:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the file - compression and content checked ok. If you could be a bit more detailed perhaps we could figure it out...

I know this is a very stupid question but you do have the 'toggle fort levels' on?

Jison

Given my uselessness with computers, that is a very sensible question. Yes but the new forts appeared today. Must be because I needed to turn the game or computer off, though the map and whether worked fine without that. Once I realised I had to turn weather effect on, anyway...........................

IronDuke_slith -> RE: New map for WITE (6/6/2013 10:49:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

Thanks,
ID

That was actually in the original plan, and industrial areas are displayed in my PzC mods, but I eventually decided against it because in WitE you can relocate factories. In the long run that would lead to a map that 'lie' to the player - displaying factories in areas where there are none and vice versa.
WitE's 'Show Factory Location' toggle is more polite that way - it never lies to you... [:)]

Jison

Excellent point, I had not considered this. What about the resources, though, oil etc. Could that be done as they can't be relocated? Sorry for being greedy, but this mod has really freshened the game up for me.

Many thanks,
ID

jack54 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/7/2013 2:58:58 PM)

I will echo many other posters, this is a 'Superb Map', thanks for making it available!

Redmarkus5 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/8/2013 8:46:33 AM)

Jison - any plans for a WitPAE Map mod??? That would look amazing, I am sure :)

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/8/2013 9:30:19 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jison

Given my uselessness with computers, that is a very sensible question. Yes but the new forts appeared today. Must be because I needed to turn the game or computer off, though the map and whether worked fine without that. Once I realised I had to turn weather effect on, anyway...........................

No worry - glad it worked out in the end. And speaking of uselessness with computers, it isn't without reason I call my own computer 'the enigma machine'... [:)]

Jison

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/8/2013 9:31:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks,
ID

Jison

Excellent point, I had not considered this. What about the resources, though, oil etc. Could that be done as they can't be relocated? Sorry for being greedy, but this mod has really freshened the game up for me.

Many thanks,
ID

That could be done I suppose. When all bits and pieces are done and this mod is complete, I will ponder that idea, IronDuke. You may have to remind me though! [;)]

Jison

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/8/2013 9:33:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Jison - any plans for a WitPAE Map mod??? That would look amazing, I am sure :)

One should never say never I suppose... [8D]

Jison

Redmarkus5 -> RE: New map for WITE (6/8/2013 10:45:25 AM)

Your WitE map has got me playing the game all over again - it's almost as though it's a new game. Until the Blizzard, anyway :(

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI