RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/7/2014 5:16:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

If you dont have more components, what will you do?

Without the base game patched for way more components I'd have to remove way too much stuff, so I couldn't release this mod. The end. It's as simple as that.

Without planet destroyer templates I'd have to remove about 20 new superweapons leaving the game unbalanced.

Without added bonus/malus options I can't make new weapon types like hybrid weapons. Only the shield brakers could stay because I have a kludge for that one.

Without the facility patch there can only be one planetary weapon and no new facilities at all save wonders so I'd have to remove facilities I already added and scrap the ones I had planned.

And so on. Almost everything on my wishlist (op post) is quite significant.
If nothing happens it will have consequences. I doubt it'll come to that, though.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/10/2014 12:38:52 PM)

I was really busy the last few days and it will be even worse the next few, not much time for DW. Later today I'll post an update and a new teaser. The next one will probably be wednesday, maybe thursday.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/10/2014 10:49:36 PM)

Ok, here's the update. There are now 765 research projects, I added several new reactors and shields. There's also another new type of fuel.

The promised teaser:

[image]http://i58.tinypic.com/dqm655.jpg[/image]

ParagonExile -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/10/2014 11:09:49 PM)

I'm so excited for this mod! Keep up the good work!

Tozze101 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 2:15:05 AM)

How about the Railguns and missiles? I don't believe i noticed any screenshots from those trees. Are there any changes to them and will i finally be able to use them in lategame without being utterly destroyed? [&:]
Other then that i really love this expanded research. No more hunting for the same game breaking tech like the titan beam.

All hail lurchi [&o]

Kizucha -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 5:34:50 AM)

Uh~ i see zenox-shields.[8D] Will love the mod more if they get a deserved shield-buff.[:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 5:36:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParagonExile

I'm so excited for this mod! Keep up the good work!

Sure thing. [:)]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 5:40:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tozze101

How about the Railguns and missiles? I don't believe i noticed any screenshots from those trees. Are there any changes to them and will i finally be able to use them in lategame without being utterly destroyed? [&:]
Other then that i really love this expanded research. No more hunting for the same game breaking tech like the titan beam.

All hail lurchi [&o]

Of course there are more railguns. Mass drivers, coil guns and a Gauss cannon. There's a special planet buster weapon, too. Same is true for missiles, of course.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 5:41:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kizucha

Uh~ i see zenox-shields.[8D] Will love the mod more if they get a deserved shield-buff.[:D]

All race tech get's buffed for late game. [:D]

Kizucha -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 6:54:13 AM)

Yay shiny buffed race-tech.[:D]

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 12:05:36 PM)

Lurchi will you have a DW extended version soon? Or a pre-release?

PsyKoSnake -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 12:24:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joshwoo69

It is not released.

Tozze101 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 1:14:23 PM)

Oh my...[X(]
Now how about the hyperdrives? Will those also be divided into several different drives like the fast charging one, energy efficient one and so on without one being insanely more powerful? Just curious because i like to fit my civilian ships with the low speed/fast recharge one for those fast getaways [:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 7:04:33 PM)

quote:

Research Reloaded is intended for Extended Universe. It's only half done, so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 7:05:29 PM)

quote:

Oh my...[X(]
Now how about the hyperdrives? Will those also be divided into several different drives like the fast charging one, energy efficient one and so on without one being insanely more powerful? Just curious because i like to fit my civilian ships with the low speed/fast recharge one for those fast getaways [:D]

Of course.

Tozze101 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/11/2014 9:13:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

quote:

Oh my...[X(]

Of course.

Then you got my vote....eehm support. I want this and i want it now [:)]

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/12/2014 1:53:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

quote:

Research Reloaded is intended for Extended Universe. It's only half done, so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Okay.. so there is a download link at the bottom. I guess is for DW extended universe?(at the bottom of the first post)

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/12/2014 5:37:28 AM)

That's Reload Extended, for vanilla, abandoned.

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/12/2014 6:16:23 AM)

So to install, override the folder with this?

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/12/2014 6:35:20 AM)

mate, there no download, that was old old version which is cancelled. Lurchi working on new much bigger project, older is irrelevant. There nothing to download, yet. 1000 techs cant be done in few days and there some limitation for now hardcoded into game, we hope Erik and Elliot will lift it soon. Cheers.

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/12/2014 6:38:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

mate, there no download, that was old old version which is cancelled. Lurchi working on new much bigger project, older is irrelevant. There nothing to download, yet. 1000 techs cant be done in few days and there some limitation for now hardcoded into game, we hope Erik and Elliot will lift it soon. Cheers.

Okay! Will wait for the new release!

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/13/2014 3:47:35 PM)

Hey, lurchi:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

This should be available as an official update later today and adds onto the 1.9.5.6 Beta 1 and 2 changes:

MODDING

- increased maximum number of components from 170 to 300 (components.txt)

[sm=Cool-049.gif]

PsyKoSnake -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/13/2014 5:43:27 PM)

quote:

Hey, lurchi:

quote:

This should be available as an official update later today and adds onto the 1.9.5.6 Beta 1 and 2 changes:

MODDING

[sm=Cool-049.gif]

Lurchi said in an other thread : I never modded before, but used a bunch of mods for DW, mostly graphics.
Well, in the beginning I just wanted to make a small mod for the starting hyper drives, that grew to all hyper drives, that grew to the behemoth I'm working on right now.

Ha! I think It will not be enough if Lurchi go all out. What will happen if this grew an other time ?

danymatrix -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/14/2014 6:11:27 PM)

Lurchi are you there?

Kizucha -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/14/2014 10:00:26 PM)

I think(!hope for him!) he is working hard.[:D]

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/15/2014 1:38:28 AM)

Too hard :P

Joshwoo69 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/15/2014 1:40:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

quote:

Hey, lurchi:

quote:

MODDING

[sm=Cool-049.gif]

Lurchi said in an other thread : I never modded before, but used a bunch of mods for DW, mostly graphics.
Well, in the beginning I just wanted to make a small mod for the starting hyper drives, that grew to all hyper drives, that grew to the behemoth I'm working on right now.

Ha! I think It will not be enough if Lurchi go all out. What will happen if this grew an other time ?

I wold pass out if it did.
Help me merge with my prev post pls

Shark7 -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/16/2014 4:31:52 AM)

I'm wondering, is the silence a sign of progress now that the new beta update has increased component numbers?

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/17/2014 9:34:21 PM)

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was down with fever the last few days. I'm better now so I went online, but still not quite healthy. You have to wait a bit more for the next update. Sorry bout that.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/17/2014 9:36:50 PM)

quote:

Hey, lurchi:

quote:

MODDING

[sm=Cool-049.gif]

**** yeah! [sm=happy0065.gif]

Edit: Censored? [:D][:D][:D]

Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI