Mike Help! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

rico21 -> Mike Help! (1/14/2017 1:30:42 PM)

You're welcome Sir.
Mike, I should like a few words about the future Kursk DLC in the main Post of Daniele. As you explained us about fire
and movement. You did many for this game, you have the right and the duty to explain your point of view!
Mike, I need you Brother

Hailstone -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/14/2017 2:26:19 PM)

Rico, just wandering if you have received any comments on your Hill 621 scenario. When played as the Germans there were no problems but as the Russians the game ran poorly to the point of being unplayable. Now the Russians had a lot more units so I think it might had an adverse impact but that could be my hardware. Even the saved game shows the same slow tendencies. If you haven't heard of any negative reports on Hill 621 then it must be me. [sm=00000002.gif]

rico21 -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/14/2017 4:33:31 PM)

Beyond the problems of slowing down in the big scenarios I discovered that
Windows 10 by collecting unwanted data saturates our processors, which forces me to disconnect from the network when this happens.
The problem is that shortly after Cortana gets started because there is no internet and so slows down my game, which forces me to reconnect.
It's beautiful progress, is not it?[:D]

Hailstone -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/14/2017 6:09:06 PM)

Thanks man, just surprising that the PC requirements for this game are so modest compared to what I have that I never expected TotH to be affected as it is. Rico, you keep making scenarios and I'll keep playing them until I can't. SeeYa![sm=00000280.gif]

baloo7777 -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/15/2017 3:27:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone
Rico, just wandering if you have received any comments on your Hill 621 scenario. When played as the Germans there were no problems but as the Russians the game ran poorly to the point of being unplayable. Now the Russians had a lot more units so I think it might had an adverse impact but that could be my hardware. Even the saved game shows the same slow tendencies. If you haven't heard of any negative reports on Hill 621 then it must be me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rico
Beyond the problems of slowing down in the big scenarios I discovered that
Windows 10 by collecting unwanted data saturates our processors, which forces me to disconnect from the network when this happens.
The problem is that shortly after Cortana gets started because there is no internet and so slows down my game, which forces me to reconnect.
It's beautiful progress, is not it?

Thank you Rico and Hailstone. I have this problem often and could not understand why. Is there some way to stop my Windows 10 from doing this?

rico21 -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/15/2017 3:51:30 PM)

Thanks for your support Baloo7777!

For the spy Windows 10, I leave the word to my technician friend ZAKBLOOD!!![:D]

Hailstone -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/15/2017 5:27:27 PM)

baloo7777, I'm surprised you encounter that problem often. Maybe you play more large scenarios than I do because I only have a problem with the scenarios with lots of units and never with the original ones. Anyway, I followed rico's lead about win10's Cortana as a processor hog by disabling it but yet to be tested. Other than that I tend to keep Task Manager displayed while playing TotH to see what else is competing for resources. I use a double monitor display. I'm sure the more talented on this forum will help you more.[:)]

baloo7777 -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/16/2017 12:44:38 AM)

I was having problems with the Omaha Beach scenario. I finally gave up as it was like that from the start. However, I was just playing the Rico one with the US in 1945 (that I posted a pic from in the tech help), and it played fine for 3 turns. Then I saved it and the next day it was slow from that point on. I tried restarting my computer, and even turning off the internet and the Virus protection but still slow (very slow). So I started one of the tutorial scenarios and it played fine. No idea why. It happened on a scenario with a lot of Russian Tanks crossing open wheatfields too, but that was a few months ago. A total pain in the arse. [:(]

genesismwt -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/16/2017 11:24:54 AM)

Have you tried turning down the visibility range on the large scenarios? It is my understanding that view range and large numbers of units cause the biggest demand on your system because TOTH is constantly calculating LOS between all units. Lower visibility range and cut down on the number of calculations TOTH makes.

rico21 -> 88s At Zon*ARNHEM(1/11)* (1/16/2017 4:32:50 PM)

And so it begins...Dedicated to the Fabled Zakblood...

***ARNHEM(1/11)***
88s At Zon
The mission of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market-Garden was to secure the 15 miles of highway stretching
from Eindhoven north to Veghel. The Screaming Eagles faced almost no opposition until the paratroopers reached the
northern outskirts of the village of Zon. As the 1st Battalion entered the village with A Company in the vanguard, they
were fired upon by a concealed heavy AA piece ,the fabled German 88, one of several in place to protect the bridge from
Allied bombers.

101st "Screaming Eagles" Airborne Division(1/4): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 5.5 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario S14 ]

Paullus -> RE: 88s At Zon*ARNHEM(1/11)* (1/16/2017 7:56:38 PM)

Nice [:)]

I will put these in the Campaign section of the scenario list.

baloo7777 -> RE: MonsterGame Hill 621 (1/17/2017 1:07:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: genesismwt

Have you tried turning down the visibility range on the large scenarios? It is my understanding that view range and large numbers of units cause the biggest demand on your system because TOTH is constantly calculating LOS between all units. Lower visibility range and cut down on the number of calculations TOTH makes.

I will give it a try.Thanks!

rico21 -> RE: Mike Help! (1/17/2017 1:14:55 AM)

Nice

I will put these in the Campaign section of the scenario list.

Thanks Paullus,[&o]
if you go on, you'll become Fabled as Zakblood![8D][:D]

rico21 -> Devil’s Hill*ARNHEM(2/11)* (1/17/2017 3:03:47 PM)

***ARNHEM(2/11)***
Devil’s Hill
Although the airborne portion of the "Market-Garden" Operation centered around the seizure of vital bridges, heavy
fighting also occurred over control of the highway leading to the bridges as well. While parts of the 82nd Airborne
fought to gain control of the bridges at Nijmegen, other elements fought for control of the Kleve-Nijmegen highway. One
of the major objectives in the control of this road was Hill 75.9, better known as "Devil’s Hill". Even though German
security troops operating in this area were few in number, when concentrated on the defense of a natural strongpoint,
these troops put up strong resistance. Such was the case when Company A of the 508th Parachute Regiment moved out to take
Devil’s Hill.

82nd "All American" Airborne Division(1/4): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario G ]

utexgrad -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (1/18/2017 5:02:45 PM)

ASL The General Scenario G46 - Triumph Atop Taraldsvikfjell

Published in The General #32.3

THE TARALDSVIKFJELL, NORWAY, 28 May 1940: Although the campaign
for Norway had been one demoralizing setback after another for the Allies, their efforts in
the north had not gone unrewarded. Despite an incredible number of command mistakes, a
series of flanking attacks had put the Allies in position to cut off and destroy the isolated
Germans who had captured Narvik. The defending German force was a mixed batch of
excellent Gebirgsjager infantry and the crews from the destroyer flotilla which had transported
the mountain troops during the assault on Narvik. With no training and only captured
Norwegian weapons to use. the crews were almost more of a liability to General Dietl's
command than an asset. The Allies launched a coordinated attack from two sides: the Poles
from the south, and a beach assault from the north by combined forccs of the Norwegians
and the French Foreign Legion. The beach assault met with initial success, but the accompanying
armor support soon bogged in the mud of the fjord banks. Just as the Legionnaires
gained the first slopes of the Taraldsvikfjell, the Germans counterattacked, nearly driving a
wedge between the French on the hill and the Norwegians who had just landed. Only naval
gunfire from a Btitish ship stationed in the fjord stopped the counterattack, driving the Germans
back in confusion. The French regrouped and were quick to react.

Best played as Allied vs. German when playing against the AI.

Units
German: Squads, Half Squads, LMG, HMG, Leaders
Allies: Squads, Half Squads, LMG, Leaders
Maps: ASL Maps 2, 3, 7, 8 (Only map 2 and some edge hexes from maps 3 and 7 are playable)

Setup
Germans set up anywhere in GE Zone 1 (Hill 621)
Allies set up anywhere in GB Zone 1 (Hill 538) and along GB Zone 2

Terrain: Hills, Cliffs, Grain, Woods

Visibility: 16 hexes

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns

Victory Objective: Victory is determined by victory point level at the end of the game.
In the original ASL scenario, the Allies win if no good-order German units occupy hexes
[5,48]; [4,49]; [4,50]; [4,51]; [4,52]; [4,54]; and [3,55]. Any other result is a German victory.
So if you can force the good-ordered Germans out of those hexes, consider yourself the winner no
matter what the final score says :)

Scenario Notes: Eight foxhole counters were also given to the German forces to be placed anywhere in
the German setup zone. Trenches have been used instead and placed in the German setup zone, but feel
free to go into the scenario editor and place them where you'd like before beginning the scenario if
you want to follow the ASL rules.

Original scenario design by: MMP

NOTE: I also included a scenario with a GE prefix that allows for German set-up when playing against
a human or the Allied AI. The other scenario has pre-placed German units.

fuselex -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (1/20/2017 1:23:57 PM)

good job Utexgrad.
Hope to see more scenarios from you :)

rico21 -> Fabled Frost*ARNHEM(3/11)* (1/20/2017 4:40:23 PM)

***ARNHEM(3/11)***
Fabled Frost
Two of the three battalions of the 1st Parachute Brigade were slowed down by small German units of a training battalion
which had quickly established a thin blocking line covering the obvious routes into Arnhem.Lieutenant-Colonel John Frost's
2nd Parachute Battalion, advancing eastwards along the southernmost road into Arnhem near the Rhine, found its route
largely undefended. They arrived at the bridge in the evening...
British Paratroopers have entered Arnhem. Move through the town and secure the area around the North end of Arnhem bridge.

1st "Red Devils" Airborne Division(1/3): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ From Battle Market Garden Academy ]

giffin -> RE: Fabled Frost*ARNHEM(3/11)* (1/20/2017 10:15:33 PM)

Hey Rico I am sure enjoying your Arnhem Scenarios thank you!!

rico21 -> Nuenen*ARNHEM(4/11)* (1/22/2017 5:29:36 AM)

***ARNHEM(4/11)***
Nuenen
The Easy Company belonging to the 101st Airborne jumps during Operation Market Garden. After taking control of the city
of Eindhoven, elements of the company are sent to the North East to spot the German resistance foci.
  The paratroopers are embarked on British tanks when they arrive ready from the village of Nuenen where they are firmly
expected by a detachment of a Panzer German brigade.
  Notes: After fierce fighting, the allies are forced to retreat. The village will not be taken.

101st "Screaming Eagles" Airborne Division(2/4): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Inspired by episode 4 of the Band of Brothers series and Combat pour Neunen Blitzkrieg.fr ]

fuselex -> RE: Nuenen*ARNHEM(4/11)* (1/22/2017 11:53:59 AM)

:)

[image]local://upfiles/49575/7167AF2EA8B04D128B1816DC1CDD2EF5.jpg[/image]

rico21 -> A Train for Arnhem*ARNHEM(5/11)* (1/23/2017 4:36:27 PM)

***ARNHEM(5/11)***
A Train for Arnhem
Two days after the launch of Operation Market-Garden, the 82nd Airborne Division was still trying to gain its objective
- the bridges which spanned the River Waal in Nijmegen. While a strong force attempted to take the main road bridge, a
more modest force consisting of a U.S. paratroop company, a platoon of British infantry and a troop of tanks were to take
the railroad bridge.

82nd "All American" Airborne Division(2/4): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario TAC 63 ]

utexgrad -> RE: Nuenen*ARNHEM(4/11)* (1/24/2017 1:16:31 PM)

Maybe not, fuselex, but in a bit of shameless self-promotion, I did get to visit the Eagle's Nest with an Easy Company veteran who was there :)

[image]local://upfiles/25601/3CFDB0FCC256441BB51765860EE55CEB.jpg[/image]

fuselex -> RE: Nuenen*ARNHEM(4/11)* (1/24/2017 4:16:58 PM)

nice :)
very nice :)
The veteran didn`t mind you wearing his jacket for the photo ?

[:)]

rico21 -> Die Roten Teufel*ARNHEM(6/11)* (1/24/2017 4:52:32 PM)

***ARNHEM(6/11)***
Die Roten Teufel
Early in the day the 9th SS Reconnaissance Battalion (sent south the day before) concluded it was not needed in Nijmegen
and returned to Arnhem. Though aware of the British troops at the bridge, it attempted to cross by force and was beaten
back with heavy losses, including its commanding officer, SS-Hauptsturmführer Viktor Gräbner.
The Germans underestimate their opponents and are unaware that in 1943, the brigade deployed as normal infantry fought
against their German counterparts, the Fallschirmjäger, where they earned the nickname "Die Roten Teufel"(the Red Devils).
German attacks come from over the bridge and also from within the Town. Push back them!

1st "Red Devils" Airborne Division(2/3): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (8 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ From Battle Market Garden Academy ]

utexgrad -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (1/24/2017 6:41:16 PM)

ASL The General Scenario G2 - Last Act in Lorraine

Published in The General #23.6

SINGLING, FRANCE, 6 December 1944: For nearly a month the US 4th
Armored Division have been fighting in difficult terrain to clear Lorraine. On 6
December, in an attempt to take Bining and Rohrbach and reach the River Sarre
and the German border, Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams' tank batallion was broken
into two combat teams to facilitate its advance. Sweeping north, the leading task
force came under heavy direct and indirect fire from the direction of Singling,
a village occupied by elements of the 111th Panzergrenadier Regiment. Abrams
decided on his own initiative to attack the town and attempt to hold it while the
remainder of his force turned towards Bining. Cpt. Leach, in command of Com-
pany B with armored infantry aboard, was given no time to scout enemy posi-
tions or make plans. Spreading his command into a line abreast formation, Leach
led them in a grand charge over the crest to the south in finest cavalry tradition,
while supporting artillery poured smoke and HE into town to mask his approach.

Best played as US vs. German when playing against the AI.

Units
German: Squads, Mortars, Leaders, LMG, MMG, HMG, OBA, Radio, Tanks, Tank Destroyers, Anti-Tank and AA Guns
Allies: Squads, Leaders, MMG, Bazooka, Tanks
Maps: ASL Maps 12, 17

Setup
Americans set up anywhere in US Zone 1
Germans have been pre-placed in this scenario

Terrain: Orchards (scenario rules call for all woods/brush hexes to be orchard,
so you will see LOTS of orchard hexes), Grain (out of season)

Visibility: 8 hexes

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns

Victory Objective: The US player wins by controlling all four multi-hex buildings.
Level of victory is determined by victory point level at the end of the game.

Original scenario design by: ASL Men

NOTE: I also included a scenario with a GE prefix that allows for German set-up when playing against
a human or the Allied AI. The other scenario has pre-placed German units.

utexgrad -> RE: Nuenen*ARNHEM(4/11)* (1/24/2017 7:06:48 PM)

I grabbed it right before the photo was taken. That's why he looks so stunned :)

rico21 -> Sint-Oedenrode*ARNHEM(7/11)* (1/26/2017 5:07:12 PM)

***ARNHEM(7/11)***
Sint-Oedenrode
Once the 101st Airborne Division parachuted into Holland on 17 September 1944, they began the task of capturing the
bridges assigned to them. One of the bridges assigned to the 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment was the bridge over the
Dommel River at St. Oedenrode. Seized initially on the evening of the 17 September, St. Oedenrode became one of the
points of counterattack by German forces arriving from the west in their efforts to cut Hell’s Highway. Two German
regiments of Fallschrimjäger (paratrooper) from the 1. Fallschirmarmee (1st Parachute Army) were initially assigned to
hold and then retake the bridge at St. Oedenrode.

101st "Screaming Eagles" Airborne Division(3/4): --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (10 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ From Battle Academy-Hell's Highway-TIM1966_STOEDENRODE ]

Rosseau -> RE: Sint-Oedenrode*ARNHEM(7/11)* (1/29/2017 1:17:41 AM)

Regarding the photo - certainly one of the greatest generations of Americans to have ever lived.

My oldest uncle died in Hurtgen Forest, other uncle won Silver Star at 17. Dad decorated NYC police officer. All gone now.

Me? Don't ask!

fuselex -> RE: Sint-Oedenrode*ARNHEM(7/11)* (1/29/2017 1:33:05 PM)

thanks rosseau
I shouldn`t presume but I would like to think

[image]local://upfiles/49575/AECCFCEA04854889BD92AB1FCAD058C1.jpg[/image]

Rosseau -> RE: Sint-Oedenrode*ARNHEM(7/11)* (1/30/2017 12:38:38 AM)

Very sweet, Fuselex. But these days, I honestly don't know how well that would go over. Nor would I care [;)]

Sorry Rico, stealing your thread. Thanks to all for the latest scenarios!

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI