RE: Submitted Scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

rico21 -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/25/2017 11:07:13 AM)

Thanks Rosseau, Lilian, John..., but I have no merit, I went to the best school!

[image]local://upfiles/53841/4378CEA8388C442A93AE93CFBE14A3B3.jpg[/image]

LN59 -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/25/2017 12:08:07 PM)

+1
Wasn't too expensive... nor too compromising? [:D]

idjester -> RE: All Hell Breaking Loose. (2/25/2017 12:34:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt day February 25, 2017 here is the first of three scenario for the TotH family.[;)]

JP006: All Hell Braking Loose: 12th November 1944. Kerling, France

History: After pausing for a month, the US 3rd Army was eager to get moving again. However, the wait saw the
weather turn bad as autumn rains turned the region into a quagmire. On November 9th, the 90th Infantry
Division crossed the rising Moselle River north of Metz at Cattenom and Malling. While two regiments of the
90th continued to clear the old Maginot Line Forts, the third regiment, the 359th, expanded the bridgehead to
the southeast near Oudrenne. However, the 90th Division Mosele crossing did not go unnoticed by German
Army Group G. The 25th Panzergrenadier Division, little more than a kampfgruppe took up positions by
November 12th in front of the advancing US 359th Regiment. Supported by a small number of assault guns
and tanks, the 25th PG was in position to counterattack the pontoon bridges at Malling. All Hell broke loose
the morning of the 12th when American infantry supported by armor ran straight into the waiting 25th PG.

Play Mode: Best played as Americans against Computer German, hard or very hard difficulty.

Special Rule: The American player (Human Player Only) is to begin by advancing his column only along the
center road and continue along the road until fired on by the Germans. After fired upon the American player
may freely move anywhere beginning in the turn the fire took place.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, PF, AFV, OBA
American: Squads, LMG, MMG, Light MTR, OBA, AFV

Map: Up direction is to the southeast, three maps (1x3).

Visibility: 6 hexes.

Terrain: Rural with Water, Hills and Town

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for
owning VP Objectives at the end of the scenario and killing enemy units.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman [Matrix Callsign: Big Ivan]

Thanks Big Ivan... looks and sounds interesting. More stuff for Tigers on the Hunt Day!!!!

rico21 -> RE: All Hell Breaking Loose. (2/25/2017 1:36:24 PM)

quote:

Wasn't too expensive... nor too compromising?

My parents sent me there to study!

[image]local://upfiles/53841/1E25EB4E75E7468AA91B9D88D15B3277.jpg[/image]

Big Ivan -> RE: Hill 253.5 (2/25/2017 3:12:46 PM)

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt day February 25, 2017 here is the second of three scenario for the TotH family.

Hill 253.5: 9th July 1943, near Ponyri, Russia.

History: Operation Citadel had begun, but instead of lightning fast WWII combat, the fighting had taken on the
shape of trench warfare seen in World War I. For four days now elements of the XLI Panzer Corps repeatedly
attacked the defenses of the Soviet 13th Army only to penetrate 5-6 miles into the Soviet line. For the troops of the
XLI Panzer Corps there was no illusion. They realized they were slowly being forced onto the defensive by relentless
Soviet pressure. In order to break the stalemate the strong position of Hill 253.5 had to be secured in order to free
other mobile units to sieze Ponyri. Earlier on July 9th the panzer grenadiers secured Hill 239.8 in a wild melee. Now it
was time to clear Hill 253.5...

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary) When playing as Germans play with hard or very hard difficulty.

German: Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, Demo Charge, PF, AFV, OBA
Russian: Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, AT Rifle, Demo Charge, Flamethrower, Med MTR, Ordnance, OBA, AFV

Maps: Two maps

Terrain: Rural with Hills and Buildings

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns, Visibility 12 hex maximum.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for owning VP Objectives
at the end of the scenario and killing enemy units.

Scenario Designer: J.M. Pirman [Big Ivan]

Hailstone -> RE: Hill 253.5 (2/25/2017 3:26:28 PM)

Just downloaded your Hill 253.5 and will give it a go this weekend. Thanks Big Ivan.

Big Ivan -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/25/2017 5:01:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Thanks to all of you for making these scenarios. I tried my hand at making one and realized I suck at it so it's a good thing others are more proficient.

Hello Eric, good to see you at the live TotH feed today. At least I assume that was you.

At any rate making scenarios is not to difficult. With that having been said how about we together work on a new scenario
for Tigers on the Hunt. In that way you could learn the ins and outs of scenario design. I'd be more than happy to help!!

So what do you think?

Suggest we start out with a small firefight between German and Russian units somewhere in Russia say mid to late 1943. Sound good?

What size map would you like? I'm thinking 1x2 for starters but I'll let you pick the final map size. Let's just not make it too big for starters.

After that we need to determine if we want to use maps already in the game or make a custom map. Then be thinking about what kind of terrain you want.

So we can stay in touch my e-mail is below.

My e-mail address is jpirman555[at]gmail[dot]com

Big Ivan -> Guderian's March (2/25/2017 6:19:16 PM)

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt day February 25, 2017 here is the third and final of three scenario for the TotH family.

I dedicate this scenario plus the other two I posted today "All Hell Breaking Loose" and "Hill 253.5" to Peter Fisla, Jorgen Holmquist and idjester
who without their non stop work behind the scenes we wouldn't have the worlds first operational computer game based on ASL. Thank you and may success always follow your flags!

JP008: Guderian's March SW of Smolensk, Russia July 28, 1941.

History: Guderian's 2nd Panzer Group crossed the Dnepr River and began the encirclement
of the Russian forces holding Smolensk. Key to the operation was getting behind the Russian
troops as quickly as possible. The Russians seeing the danger of encirclement formed a
hasty block of front line plus conscript troops, with tanks arriving later, in an effort to slow
the German advance. The situation became critical for both sides at Prigorskoye town
when lead elements of the Panzer Group slammed into Russian infantry holding the main
line of resistance (MLR).

Play Mode: Best played as Germans against Computer Russians, normal or hard difficulty.

German: Squads, Half Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, ATR, Lt-Mtr, AFV, OBA
Russian: Squads, Half Squads, MMG, LMG, HMG, ATR, Lt-Mtr, Ordnance, AFV, OBA

Map: Up direction is northeast, six maps (2x3). Visibility 14 hexes.

Special Rule: The Russians have fifteen fortified building locations.

Terrain: Rural, Forest, River and Town.

Scenario Length: 20 Game Turns.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for
owning VP Objectives and destroying enemy units at the end of the scenario. The Germans also receive
VPs for exiting units.

idjester -> RE: Guderian's March (2/25/2017 11:00:41 PM)

quote:

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt day February 25, 2017 here is the third and final of three scenario for the TotH family.

I dedicate this scenario plus the other two I posted today "All Hell Breaking Loose" and "Hill 253.5" to Peter Fisla, Jorgen Holmquist and idjester
who without their non stop work behind the scenes we wouldn't have the worlds first operational computer game based on ASL. Thank you and may success always follow your flags!

JP008: Guderian's March SW of Smolensk, Russia July 28, 1941.

History: Guderian's 2nd Panzer Group crossed the Dnepr River and began the encirclement
of the Russian forces holding Smolensk. Key to the operation was getting behind the Russian
troops as quickly as possible. The Russians seeing the danger of encirclement formed a
hasty block of front line plus conscript troops, with tanks arriving later, in an effort to slow
the German advance. The situation became critical for both sides at Prigorskoye town
when lead elements of the Panzer Group slammed into Russian infantry holding the main
line of resistance (MLR).

Play Mode: Best played as Germans against Computer Russians, normal or hard difficulty.

German: Squads, Half Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, ATR, Lt-Mtr, AFV, OBA
Russian: Squads, Half Squads, MMG, LMG, HMG, ATR, Lt-Mtr, Ordnance, AFV, OBA

Map: Up direction is northeast, six maps (2x3). Visibility 14 hexes.

Special Rule: The Russians have fifteen fortified building locations.

Terrain: Rural, Forest, River and Town.

Scenario Length: 20 Game Turns.

owning VP Objectives and destroying enemy units at the end of the scenario. The Germans also receive
VPs for exiting units.

Amazing Big Ivan... 3 full scenarios for TOTH DAY. I bow to your greatness... thanks[&o][&o][&o]

Guess who just got himself a livestream based upon one of his scenarios?

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/26/2017 3:05:02 AM)

Here is my first scenario for TOTH in honor of it's one year anniversary...

Fat Lipki

Lipki, Russia, 3 July, 1941:

As tanks of the 1st Moscow Motor Rifle Division clashed with the 18th Panzer Division's armored spearhead north of Lipki,
infantry elements from both divisions were tasked with securing their respective southern flanks.
One such encounter between these flanking forces occurred in a heavily-wooded hamlet south of town, where several
platoon-sized groups met while trying to secure an important crossroads.

German: Squads, LMG
Russian: Squads, MMG, LMG

Maps: One map

Terrain: Rural, wooded, a few buildings.

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns. LOS unlimited

Victory objective: The side with the most Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.

Scenario Designer: Jeff S. Based on the Fat Lipki scenario from the board game "Combat Commander" by Chad Jensen

Big Ivan -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/26/2017 8:47:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deepstuff123

Fat Lipki

As tanks of the 1st Moscow Motor Rifle Division clashed with the 18th Panzer Division's armored spearhead north of Lipki,
infantry elements from both divisions were tasked with securing their respective southern flanks.
One such encounter between these flanking forces occurred in a heavily-wooded hamlet south of town, where several

Victory objective: The side with the most Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.

Scenario Designer: Jeff S. Based on the Fat Lipki scenario from the board game "Combat Commander" by Chad Jensen

Hey Jeff, good to see a scenario from you! I'll give it a try man, thanks![;)]

Big Ivan -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/26/2017 7:01:55 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deepstuff123

Fat Lipki

Hey Jeff, good to see a scenario from you! I'll give it a try man, thanks![;)]

Hey Jeff,

Tough scenario!! Nice job![&o][&o]

As a little recap:

I played it as the Germans with Hard difficulty. Lost after turn 6 on a dr<3 when game ended. No matter it was a
German major defeat anyway.

At start I split my force. Had the corporal(7-0) + 2 squads +LMG start in the top setup hexes. Had the Lt(9-1) + 2 squads
start in the bottom setup hexes by the VP buildings. Looked like 2 Russian squads started at top setup and both Russian leaders (8-1 plus 7-0) and the balance of the Russian
squads came in at the bottom setup hexes.

Right out of the chute my 7-0 was O of C. Germans got into position by the top VP building and 9-1 + 2 squads moved into one VP building at bottom. After that O of C problems continued to crop up
seemed like more so for the Germans. Russians continued to push in from bottom and eventually over whelmed my 9-1 + 2 squads first with pinning and breaking followed by casualty reductions.

I need to try this one again but this time not split my force. Playing on Hard difficulty was a challenge.

Thanks

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/26/2017 8:03:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

Thanks to all of you for making these scenarios. I tried my hand at making one and realized I suck at it so it's a good thing others are more proficient.

Hello Eric, good to see you at the live TotH feed today. At least I assume that was you.

At any rate making scenarios is not to difficult. With that having been said how about we together work on a new scenario
for Tigers on the Hunt. In that way you could learn the ins and outs of scenario design. I'd be more than happy to help!!

So what do you think?

Suggest we start out with a small firefight between German and Russian units somewhere in Russia say mid to late 1943. Sound good?

What size map would you like? I'm thinking 1x2 for starters but I'll let you pick the final map size. Let's just not make it too big for starters.

After that we need to determine if we want to use maps already in the game or make a custom map. Then be thinking about what kind of terrain you want.

It was indeed me. I appreciate the offer and if youd allow me just a bit of time I think I have an idea for a small battle.

Eric

Big Ivan -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (2/27/2017 7:40:42 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

So what do you think?

It was indeed me. I appreciate the offer and if youd allow me just a bit of time I think I have an idea for a small battle.

Eric

Excellent! Let me know when your ready.

Cheers![:)]

rico21 -> Kursk1Prokhorovka (3/3/2017 2:54:56 PM)

Dedicated to small config owners...

Kursk1Prokhorovka
11 Juillet 1943 - 16 Juillet 1943
Front ouest
Southern Salient
Historical Background:
Kursk was one of the largest tank on tank battle in history. The Germans had some 17 Panzer divisions to fall on the Red
Army, while the Soviets had about 20,000 guns of all types ready for the German attack. This scenario focuses on the
Southern Salient, just south of the city of Prokhorovka. It was across these plains that the German Sixth and Eighth
armies along with the Hungarian Second and Third armies attacked across the Psel River. The Fifth and Seventh Guards Tank
Army defended the plains, and on the 12th of July, counterattacked the German 4th Panzer Army. It was an armored clash of
well over 1500 tanks met head on as the Soviets closed to close assault. The German Tiger and Panther tanks were better
at the long range attack, but the Soviets denied them this by charging them straight on. Also aircraft from both sides
bombed the tanks vulnerable top armor. The Soviets surprised the Germans with the first appearance of the SU-152 tank
destroyer. This mounted a six inch howitzer on a KV chassis. By the evening of July 16th, the 4th Panzer Army literally
ceased to exists, and the Germans began to pull back. Hitler also pulled the Tigers and Panthers to Europe to defend
Italy, now under attack. By July 16th the Germans had retreated back to their starting line. The Soviet army had many
more resources than the Germans. They outnumbered the Germans in armor by almost 2 to one, in infantry by 2.5 to one,
and in guns by 4 to one.

The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.

German : --> <-- : Russian

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (5 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: Memoir44'Men [ Kursk ]

Deepstuff3725 -> Bonfire of the NKVD (3/8/2017 2:10:15 PM)

Here's another scenario from the Combat Commander board game. Enjoy... Jeff

Bonfire of the NKVD

Outside Brest-Litovsk, June 24, 1941

A Soviet forward CP belonging to the retreating 133rd Infantry Regiment is to be abandoned by noon, but not before all
communications equipment is smashed and documents burned - including detailed plans of much of the frontier fortifications
in and around Brest-Litovsk several miles to the east.
A battered company of Russian militia must halt the German juggernaut long enough to affect a withdrawal to the relative
safety of the Brest-Litovsk citadel.

German: Squads, HMG, LMG

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns. LOS unlimited

Scenario Designer: Jeff S. Based on the Bonfire of the NKVD scenario from the board game "Combat Commander" by Chad Jensen

Deepstuff3725 -> RE: Bonfire of the NKVD (3/9/2017 4:02:59 AM)

Just updated the scenario above to 12 turns. Gives the Germans more time to advance and the scenario will have a better balance.

rico21 -> Kursk2Ponyri (3/9/2017 4:39:18 PM)

Kursk2Ponyri
6 Juillet 1943 - 10 Juillet 1943
Northern Salient
Historical Background:
Among the battles of Operation "CITADEL", it was at Ponyri that the most ferocious battles were fought, the most fierce
and bloodiest. Turning the place into "little Stalingrad". From 6 to 9 July, the fights for the school, the tractor
depot, the water tower, the station were merciless. On 7 July alone, the Village changed 5 times of camp. From west to
east, the 292 and 86th ID as well as the 78th DA began to attack, not expecting a fiercely resistance. The German units
were supported by a multitude of armored vehicles: tanks, assault cannons, Tank hunters. The main strike force was the 90
Ferdinand of the 656th Heavy Tank hunters Regiment (Regiment that contained all these new armed monsters).The Russian
units in the area belonged to the 29th Rifle Corps of the 13th Army. The 15th and 81st in the first line. Behind them was
the 307th division (the division that initially defended Ponyri). In 307th Division, the Russians had massed an artillery
concentration far superior to that normally to an infantry division. Moreover, everything that the Russians could muster
as troops was thrown away in the fighting. The Germans encountered a multitude of defensive points, connected trenches,
to anti-tank batteries, to whole companies of Tanks buried and entrenched, supported in the air by Sturmoviks and Yaks.

The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.

German : --> ] : Russian

Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: Memoir44'Men [ Kursk ]

rico21 -> PonyriStation (3/13/2017 6:07:30 PM)

PonyriStation
During Operation Citadel, Ponyri Station became key terrain to both sides since the Orel-Kursk railway went right
through it. It took the Germans two days to break through the first echelon defenses, but they were eventually attacking
the 2nd echelon. The 307th Rifle Division was reinforced with numerous units including the 1442nd Self-Propelled
Artillery Regiment with SU-152s and the 129th Tank Brigade, which itself was reinforced by the 51st Tank Brigade and
included some American made Stuart tanks. The Germans were able to capture the embankment in the north and establish a
foothold in the village. The Germans launched a ferocious attack on the morning of the 7th with two battalions of
infantry and 50 AFVs.

German : --> <-- : Russian

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (9 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ From Clash at Ponyri ]

rico21 -> Animal Hunter (3/15/2017 5:22:35 PM)

Animal Hunter

The battle for Ponyri Station, like many battles, happened for no particular reason as to occur where it did. The rail
station and the small town that surrounds it have no military value. Ponyri consisted of a school, water tower, rail
station, and tractor factory. But it was there that two powerful and determined foes met, clashing in their attempts to
destroy one another like some long-past Gods in Greek mythology. The Germans tried five times to bust through the well
defended Russian line, each time, failing. The German XLI Panzer Corps penetrating the Soviet defensive positions and
driving rapidly between the road and the railroad line through the high ground where Ponyri was located and then on
towards Kursk. This Corps comprised four divisions: 18th Panzer Division, 10th Panzer Grenadier Division, and the 86th
and 292nd Infantry Divisions. The 78th Sturm (Assault) Division of XXIII Corps protected the left flank of XLI Panzer
Corps and was also involved in the fighting around Ponyri. From west to east the 292nd and 86th Infantry and 78th Sturm
Divisions led the assault. The main armored support was provided by the 90 Ferdinands of Heavy Panzerjäger Regiment 656,
containing the entire inventory of these armored monsters. In addition, the 292nd and 86th Infantry Divisions had the
216th Sturmpanzer Battalion (45 Brümmbärs) and the 177th and 244 Sturmgeschütz Brigades. The 18th Panzer Division
contained 72 more conventional vehicles including 5 Pz II, 10 Pz III kz, 20 Pz III 75, 5 Pz IV kz, and 3 Pz Bef Cmd, and
also the 101st Panzer Grenadier Regiment. The 10th Panzer Grenadier Division had an exceptionally powerful artillery
complement: seven artillery battalions, a Nebelwerfer regiment, a heavy mortar battalion and an assault gun battalion.

The battle became a whirlpool, sucking in more and more troops on both sides. Records indicate over 10,000 men died for
this meaningless terrain. The only value here was the fact that Ponyri station sat astride the second Russian defensive
belt in this area of the Kursk offensive from the north. Even if the Germans broke through, there was yet a third
defensive line waiting miles away, and events elsewhere during this offensive would dictate the final outcome. However,
like a mysterious magnetic field, the Germans sent four divisions to seize the town and were opposed by a dug-in, well
armed Russian regiment who were ordered to stand and fight at all costs. Russian reserves were close by, including a full
artillery division assigned to support the defenders; something totally unheard of before. Major Sankovsky, commander of
the new SU-152 battery of 1442nd SP Art Regiment, assigned to the 13th Army was in support of the 307th Rifle Division
around Ponyri Station when the 41st Panzer Corps' attacked with 200 panzers. Leading the way were Tiger I's of Schwere
Panzer Abteilung 505, and the Borgward BIV remote control mine clearance tanks. On this day it is believed the major
himself knocked out 10 enemy tanks, and in the ensuing three weeks of combat at Kursk the battery accounted for some 12
Tigers and 7 Ferdinands. It was this units results which the SU152 the nickname of "Animal Hunter".
The battle for Ponyri station was a go-for-broke, see-saw slugfest over a town that the rest of the world never heard of
before. It would be called, "Kursk’s Stalingrad."

German : --> [- : Russian

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (7 hexes)
Scenario designer: "Cough" Rico

rico21 -> Hacksaw Ridge (3/19/2017 1:05:08 PM)

Hacksaw Ridge
Maeda Escarpment Bastion Falls.(1945)
The fighting was especially fierce on top the escarpment on 4 May. Colonel Cooney's 1st Battalion successfully executed a
complicated demolition assault on the big cave-tunnel-pillbox network about 200 feet west of the eastern end of the
escarpment. The battalion then held the newly won ground against repeated counterattacks from the southern side. It was
estimated that 600 enemy were killed by the 307th Infantry in the fighting at the escarpment on 4 May. Slowly, on 5 May,
the reverse slope was taken and caves blasted and closed. On the night of 5-6 May the Japanese staged several
counterattacks in an effort to win back the escarpment. An especially severe attack struck the 3d Battalion, 307th
Infantry, on the regimental right. In repelling it the 3d Battalion killed 250 enemy troops, largely in hand-to-hand
fighting. During 6 May all battalions of the 307th Infantry advanced southward to the slopes of Hill 187. The battle of
the escarpment was over.
The losses in the escarpment battle had been heavy. In the 1st Battalion, 307th Infantry, no less than eight company
commanders were wounded in one 36-hour period. It had gone up on the escarpment on 29 April with a strength of about 800
men; it came down on 7 May with 324. The 77th Division estimated that it had killed upwards of 3,000 Japanese in the
7-day battle for the escarpment.
One of the most remarkable incidents of the battle for the Maeda Escarpment was the performance of Pfc. Desmond T. Doss,
a medical aid man attached to Company B, 307th Infantry. Doss was a Seventh Day Adventist and would not touch a gun, but
time after time he remained on top of the escarpment after the others had been driven off, lowering the wounded over the
side in a rope litter. He went repeatedly to within a few yards of caves to administer first aid to men who had been cut
down trying to assault the positions, and then carried these men to safety under the very guns of the enemy. For his
valor Doss later received the Congressional Medal of Honor.

American : --> [- : Japan

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns - LOS (9 hexes)
Scenario designer: Mel Gibson'Movie [ Hacksaw Ridge ]

genesismwt -> RE: Hacksaw Ridge (3/19/2017 1:57:39 PM)

Rico's been busy!

Thanks for the new scenarios!

Jomi -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (3/20/2017 4:08:09 PM)

Hello friend :

A question. Is there in the forum any .zip file that contains all the scenarios that present you in this post?. I remember me downloading all them in a single file.

Thank you very much. Regards.

Jomi -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (3/20/2017 4:14:24 PM)

Hello friend :

A question. Is there in the forum any .zip file that contains all the scenarios that present you in this post?. I remember me downloading all them in a single file.

Thank you very much. Regards.

LN59 -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (3/20/2017 4:17:59 PM)

Hi, Jomi!

Please, see Page 1, Post 1 on this thread.
Numerous scens are in the bundle packs given on the thread's first lines.
That page is done & updated by Paullus, the Forum's Moderator & Peter's "Aide de Camp"!
Enjoy!

Lilian (LN59)

rico21 -> Khalkhin Gol Act1 (3/23/2017 9:37:18 AM)

Khalkhin Gol Act1
The Battle of KHALKHIN GOL - Soviet-Japanese War. 11 May 30 August 1939
By the DESTIA General Context: After the occupation of Manchuria, to the detriment of China in 1931, and the
establishment of a client state, the Manchukuo, Japanese ambitions turned to the Far East The soviet union. With Japanese
victory in 1905 and intervention in Siberia during the Russian Civil War, part of the Japanese army tried to influence
the government to open hostilities against the Soviet Union. The disputed border area lies between Manchukuo and
Mongolia. 11 May - 30 August 1939
SOVIET UNION - Gueorgui Jukov: 57,000 soldiers.
EMPIRE OF JAPAN - Michitaro KOMATSUBARA: 75,000 soldiers.
How the battle unfolded:
Time 1: Contact and first Japanese errors.
In May 1939, the Soviets crossed the border several times but withdrew as soon as the Japanese came into contact. On May
28, after a new incursion, the Japanese army reacted by sending a battalion in offensive reconnaissance to seize the only
bridge over the river (Kawamata bridge) without judging it necessary to be supported by its 37mm guns. The Japanese
believe they have only a few border guards in front of them who will be beaten quickly. After a difficult progression due
to the wet ground, the Nippons encounter a mechanized force well entrenched, supported by artillery. The 2 Japanese
columns are destroyed in 2 days. Colonel Azuma, who commanded one of them, lost eight officers, 97 killed and 33 wounded
out of 220 men. The 23rd Imperial Division is prepared for a counter-attack.
Time 2: The Japanese Offensive.
On July 1, the Japanese resumed the initiative, sending 2 regiments to the heights above the river to the north
(Kobayashi group), jostling the Soviets and crossing the Khalkhin Gol on a bridge of the genius. At the same time, an
armored force (73 tanks) supporting two infantry regiments attacked positions on Baru Hill. Zhukov, fearing that his
artillery would be threatened on the western shores, engaged his mechanized force (186 tanks and 266 armored cars)
without infantry to break the Japanese encirclement. Despite heavy losses (120 tanks destroyed), Zhukov obtains the
withdrawal of Kobayashi, constrained by its unique crossing that also vulnerabilizes its logistics. To the east, the
Japanese attack encounters the Soviet defenses (and especially the 100 guns that support them) and is limited to a war of
positions. On 23 July, the Japanese attempted a final frontal breakthrough after a long artillery preparation (25,000
shells) but lost 5,000 men in 2 days without results. Zhukov resumed the initiative, the Kwantung army no longer
maneuvered.

Japan : --> [- : Russian

Scenario designer: CDEC - Pensées Mili-Terre [ La bataille de KHALKHIN GOL ]

Jomi -> RE: Submitted Scenarios (3/23/2017 6:52:53 PM)

Thank you very much LN59. Regards

rico21 -> Verdun (3/29/2017 4:13:36 PM)

Verdun
21 February - 18 December 1916
German side preparation:
In the middle of the war, at the beginning of 1916, the German general Falkenhayn decided to post troops near Verdun. For
a few kilometers, on February 21, 1916, he decided to explode everything: 2 million shells were sent within two days.
While the Germans launch several attacks in front, they are facing French soldiers, certainly less numerous, but able to
resist the opposing confrontations. However, they are nearly 5 km ahead. The same distance separates them from the town
of Verdun.
Riposte on the French side:
General Philippe Pétain was then responsible for managing French troops. He decided to bring the infantry from all over
France. The troops will be relayed in order to keep Platform to defend their bases. To do this, he has enlarged the
departmental road which goes as far as Verdun, it is called the Sacred Way. A truck arrives every 15 seconds at the front
and 90,000 men arrive there every week.
An endless battle:
Until July 1916, the Germans advanced. They attack both Douaumont and Fort de Vaux. A few kilometers ahead of them is
Verdun, they even see the coils of the cathedral. Before that, we must take the fort of Souville. After bombing for
several days this fort, well defended by the French, they tried to seize it. About fifty Germans manage to reach the top
but become prisoners. The failure of the capture of Fort Souville marked the end of the German advance at Verdun.
On the French side, thanks to the Sacred Way, there are 150,000 men and 500,000 soldiers. On their side, the British
attacked the Germans in Somme (Battle of the Somme) and the Russians attacked them in present-day Poland. The German
general Falkenhayn decides to position some troops in these two places, which then weakens the German infantry in Verdun.
At the end of October, the French resumed Douaumont, which they had lost a few months earlier. At the beginning of
November, it is the fort of Vaux that is in turn. In mid-December, the French and Germans occupied the same positions as
at the beginning of the battle.
Review of the Battle of Verdun:
It is a war of position: the Germans have very little progress (5 kilometers in 10 months), while it is one of the most
deadly battles of the First World War: there were 700 000 victims, then That the gain of territory for the Germans is
zero.
French losses: 378,000 victims including 62,000 killed, more than 101,000 missing and 215,000 injured.
German losses: 333,000 victims of which 143,000 killed and missing and 190,000 injured.
The symbol of Verdun:
The resistance of the French fighters to Verdun is related throughout the world. The small Meuse town acquires a
worldwide reputation. This defensive victory is regarded by the combatants as the victory of the whole French army, of
which the greater part of the contingent participated in the fighting. Of the 95 divisions of the French army, 70
participated. "Verdun, I was there! "Assert, with a mixture of pride and retrospective horror, the poilus who have come
back. For the whole nation, Verdun became the symbol of courage and self-denial.
They fought in Verdun:
A number of famous actors of the Second World War served in Verdun, and German testimonies and accounts of the Second
World War on the Eastern Front frequently refer to the memories and experience of the campaign. Verdun.
As early as 1942, some German officers noted that the Red Army was capable of gathering concentrations of artillery "as
has been seen since the battle of Douaumont". Future Blitzkrieg experts, Heinz Guderian and von Manstein both served in
Verdun, the first on the staff of the 5th Army, where he was an assistant intelligence officer, the second in the army,
The general staff of von Gallwitz.
Twenty-two years before heading the 6th German Army in Stalingrad, this Verdun of the Volga, Friedrich Paulus lived the
real battle, in 1916 he was Oberleutnant in the 2nd regiment of Prussian hunters, and he participated in the Battle of
Fleury in the month of June. Governor of Paris in 1942, General Carl-Heinrich von Stülpnagel commanded a battalion at
Verdun. A member of the conspiracy that tried to kill Hitler in July 1944, he attempted to commit suicide near the
Death-Man, but only succeeded in getting rid of himself. He was hanged a few weeks later.
One of Hitler's best generals, General Hans von Kluge, who commanded Army Group B, and also participated in the plot, had
been an artilleryman at Verdun in 1917. He was dismissed on the Normandy front, Was summoned to Berlin. In anticipation
of an arrest, he committed suicide on the way, shortly before Verdun, between Clermont-en-Argonne and Dombasle-en-Argonne.
Hitler's Chief of Staff Generaloberst Wilhelm Keitel served on the staff of the 10th reserve corps on the right bank of
the Meuse during the summer of 1916. Among the other German participants In the battle, the head of the SA, Ernst Röhm,
and his deputy, Rudolf Hess.
On the French side, besides Marshal Petain himself, the names of the French veterans, that of his future protégé, then
adversary, Charles de Gaulle. On March 2, 1916, the 33rd regiment of infantry where he served was attacked and decimated,
wiped out by the enemy while defending the village of Douaumont, near Verdun. His company is wounded in this fight and
the survivors are surrounded. De Gaulle was forced by force to jump into a shell-hole to protect himself, but Germans
followed him and wounded him with a bayonet stroke on the left thigh. Captured by the German troops, he was cared for
and interned. This disappearance at the front is worthy of being quoted to the order of the army.
In 1966, the year of the fiftieth anniversary of the battle, he was to declare: "The glory which Marshal Petain had
acquired at Verdun can not be disputed or ignored by his country."

German : --> [- : French

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (6Hexes)
Scenario designer: Memoir44'Men [ Verdun ]

rico21 -> Merville Battery (4/3/2017 4:39:09 PM)

Merville Battery
Sergeant Sidney CAPON died on September 9, 2006 in his 82nd year.
This is what Pascaline Dagorn, Director of the Musée de la Batterie de Merville, stated when she heard of the death of
Sidney Capon:
"I just lost a very dear friend. My son Gaëtan (8 years old) has also lost an Ami d'exception. They saw each other every
year, wrote and even made presents, so great was the complicity that united them. For Gaëtan, Sid will remain the
greatest of his heroes. Sid will also miss the circle of his friends in Normandy. "
Pascaline Dagorn continued by evoking memories:
"That's what Sid said to us:" You see me now an old man with a bone-sized and stout head, but I was a young sportsman
when I was called to serve my country. He was only 18 years old. "
"Sidney or Sid as all his friends called him, participated in the attack of the Battery of Merville.
His mission was to neutralize casemate No. 1. No longer with 32 men as expected but only 7: Lieutenant Alan Jefferson,
Sgt Bedford, Delsignore, Harold Walker, Leslie Cartwright, Tom Stroud and himself. "
"The order" ENTER, ENTER! (GET IN, GET IN!) Was launched by Lieutenant-Colonel Terence Otway who was with us.
Immediately Lieutenant Jefferson collapsed, wounded.
We continued to zigzag on the ground upset, towards casemate No. 1. We felt we were running in the midst of the enemy
fire.
I was arriving on the other side of the casemate, and there were Eric Bedford, Frank Delsignore, Harold Walker, and the
four men who had arrived there.
We threw two grenades inside and the Germans came out of the room to the left of the corridor to evacuate to the outside
of the casemate through the door.
During the attack I heard explosions and cries to casemate No. 2: "MINES, MINES! ". I did not see Lieutenant Mike
Dowling, he was killed ... "
Here is a brief summary of his biography that he wrote and confided to Pascaline Dagorn:
After the battery of Merville had been neutralized at the dawn of June 6th, he left with the survivors of the 9th
Battalion in the direction of Amfréville.
On June 7, he participated in the bloody fighting at the Château-St-Côme.
On July 24 he was wounded in Bois-de-Bavent and had to spend eight weeks in the hospital in England.
Always voluntary, he returned to rejoin his battalion in the Ardennes.
In 1945, after crossing the Rhine and meeting the Russians on the Baltic, he was sent to India to learn the fight in the
jungle. But the atomic bomb put an end to this training.
At the same time the 9th Battalion had been sent to Palestine. Of course, after his stay in the Indies, he will join them
without delay.
On his arrival he was proposed to become an officer, but he refused the offer.
In 1946 Sidney CAPON returned to civil life.

6th "Pegase" Airborne Division: --> [- : German

Scenario Length: Game Turns - LOS (6 hexes)
Scenario designer: Battle Academy'Men [ AMARIS - DDaySF ]

dox44 -> RE: Merville Battery (4/3/2017 5:44:55 PM)

Thanks!!

Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI