RE: Merville Battery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios

UP844 -> RE: Merville Battery (4/4/2017 11:26:07 AM)

Thanks, Rico!!! [&o]

This looks tough [;)]

Rosseau -> RE: Merville Battery (4/5/2017 12:16:20 AM)

Great write-up on Merville action, Rico. I think it was Band of Brothers movie that did a good job of re-creating it. But I wasn't there, so I would not know!

Mike

rico21 -> RE: Merville Battery (4/8/2017 3:15:49 PM)

Mike, Casebier, UP, Rosseau and other sympathic friends...
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT![&o]

rico21 -> Ad Hoc At Chef Du Pont (4/8/2017 3:16:33 PM)

Ad Hoc At Chef Du Pont
Chef-du-Pont, France, 6 June 1944. One of the responsibilities of the airborne troops landing behind Utah Beach was the
seizure of several key bridges following the D-Day drop. Brigadier General James Gavin, Assistant Divisional Commander of
the 82nd Airborne, found himself as the senior officer near one of these bridges, the one at Chef-du-Pont that led to the
causeway over the flooded Merderet marshes. Once Col. Maloney arrived with an extra 75 men, Gavin organized a pickup
force to take care of this bridge himself. With elements of the 507th split into two groups under himself and the 507th
C.O. Lt. Col. Ostberg, they marched on Chef-du-Pont by parallel routes.

82nd "All American" Airborne Division: --> [--> : German

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (16 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario S8 ]

rico21 -> Tridtsatchetverki (4/13/2017 3:53:30 PM)

Tridtsatchetverki

On the morning of 19 April, four Tiger II SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503 advanced rapidly towards the village of Klosterdof,
north of Strausberg. Their task was to break the Soviet spikes that had ventured into the area of The 11th SS Nordland.

Russian : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns - LOS (22 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Batailles et Blindés n°78 ]

FIXED, NEW VERSION:

UP844 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/13/2017 5:25:03 PM)

спасибо, рико [:D]

Ticonderoga60 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/13/2017 5:40:06 PM)

Luckily there Rico to keep alive the forum. Paullus, Peter, where are you?
Tridsatchetverki: I tried playing with the Germans. The Russians are scrambling around the victory point hex and not firing a shot. Not even trying to get out. It is probably a scenario to play with the Russians? Rico Thanks for your creativity.

UP844 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/13/2017 6:29:27 PM)

Rico, there are a couple issues with VP allocation in "Tridsatchetverki":

1. the Russians gain VPs by occupying the VP hex (1 VP), plus 1 VP for every Russian AFV exited: unfortunately, there are no Russian exit hexes on the map [&:]. As a consequence, the Russian will never be able to get more than 1 VP. By the way, this should also explain the behaviour Ticonderoga60 reported above.

2. the Germans gain VPs by occupying the VP hex (1 VP), plus 1 VP for every Russian AFV killed, plus 1 VP for every German AFV exited: even in this case, there are no German exit hexes on the map, so the German won't be able to gain such points. I suspect a human German should anyway be able to achieve a Major victory VPs by slaughtering Tridsatchetverki led by the IA (which is neither Katukov nor Cherniakovski [;)]).

rico21 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/13/2017 6:34:53 PM)

t is Fixed![:D]

UP844 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/13/2017 11:02:58 PM)

Just finished playing "Tridsatchetverki"

Playing with the Russians, I managed to get a Major Victory with moderate and acceptable losses (25 T-34/85 [;)]). The damned Tiger II are extremely easy to hit (I managed approx. 40% hits after moving) but firing at their front aspect is a waste of time, even using APCR. I fired many times (more than 100 shots) and I never had any result, not even an Immobilised. I managed to kill them only with close-range (1 to 3 hexes) shots on their flank/rear aspect, even though I had to enter buildings and woods to achieve a good firing position.
I hoped the Tiger will surge forward (giving me the chance for some nice side hit) once I took the VP hex, but the AI didn't look worried at all [:(]

Playing with the Germans, I only managed to get a Minor Victory, killing 34 T-34s and losing a Tiger (*). In the last turns, hitting the remaining T-34s has been extremely difficult because of the many wrecks. The same wrecks provided the Russian infantry with enough hindrance to make my MG fire absolutely useless.
In this second play, I noticed the same behaviour previously reported by Ticonderoga60: the Russian tanks come as close as possible to the VP hex and then they stand here or move around (they cannot enter the VP hex), providing a nice series of targets for the Germans. They seldom fired: the only gun fire I saw was the one that killed my Tiger. Perhaps the T-34s didn't fire because the AI knew it had no chance to kill the Tigers [&:]. Even when I made all my Tigers CE to avoid the BU penalty, no more than 1 or 2 T-34s fired at them, using MGs only [&:].

(*) LOS for the hit that killed the Tiger (with a SIDE Hull Hit) passed exactly through the corner between the front CA and the side aspect: I thought such LOS implies a Front aspect hit, but this does not seem to be the case.

I regret to say that, in my opinion, the scenario still needs some tuning, especially as regards to the Russian AI. I think the addition of an extra VP hex at the bottom of the map could be of help. Adding a Russian Exit hex is not advisable, since it is highly likely a German AI will run to it, even though the presence of VP hexes might counter this despicable behaviour.

Paullus -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/14/2017 6:58:22 AM)

We are here [:)]. We are working on future releases.

Ticonderoga60 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/14/2017 7:53:45 AM)

Ok Paullus, Have a good work!!!

dox44 -> RE: Tridsatchetverki (4/14/2017 7:54:24 PM)

Rico THANKS!!

DoubleDeuce -> SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Patki (4/14/2017 9:14:33 PM)

SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Ptaki

DATE: June 22, 1941

SITUATION: Operation Barbarossa has begun. Crossing the Pisa River West of Kolno as dawn broke and under cover
of thick fog, elements of the German 87th Infantry Division assaulted the surprised Russians. Tasked with defending
the vital crossing point at Ptaki were elements of the Soviet 8th Rifle Division and troops of the 87th Border
Detachment (NKVD) but once German armor showed up, the defense was unable to hold.

FORCES: (AI player units may vary)
Russian: Squads, MMG, LMG, ATR
German: AFV, Squads, MMG, LMG

SCENARIO SPECIAL RULES:
* - Due to early morning Fog, Visibility is 7 hexes.

MAPS: Partial of Two maps (Sector's 1x2).

TERRAIN: River, Village

SCENARIO LENGTH: 5.5 Turns

VICTORY CONDITIONS : The Germans win by clearing the village (taking control of at least 7 buildings ((7 VP)). The
Russians win by retaining control of at least 3 buildings (3 VP).

SCENARIO DESIGNER: Mike 'Double Deuce' Torrance
(A 'Combat Campaigns' original TotH scenario, CC12 - Taking Ptaki)

Version 1.0

Download the scenario by clicking this link: s_CC-12 – Taking Ptaki

Gerry4321 -> RE: SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Patki (4/15/2017 2:45:28 AM)

Thanks for the scenario but anytime I try to get the StuG started it keeps saying out of movement points.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Patki

DATE: June 22, 1941

SITUATION: Operation Barbarossa has begun. Crossing the Pisa River West of Kolno just as dawn broke, elements of
the German 87th Infantry Division assaulted the surprised Russians. Tasked with defending the vital crossing point at
Ptaki were elements of the Soviet 8th Rifle Division and troops of the 87th Border Detachment (NKVD).

FORCES: (AI player units may vary)
Russian: Squads, MMG, LMG, ATR
German: AFV, Squads, MMG, LMG

SCENARIO SPECIAL RULES:
* - Due to early morning Fog, Visibility is 7 hexes.

MAPS: Partial of Two maps (Sector's 1x2).

TERRAIN: River, Village

SCENARIO LENGTH: 5.5 Turns

VICTORY CONDITIONS : The Germans win by clearing the village (taking control of at least 7 buildings ((7 VP)). The
Russians win by retaining control of at least 3 buildings (3 VP).

SCENARIO DESIGNER: Mike 'Double Deuce' Torrance
(A 'Combat Campaigns' original TotH scenario, CC12 - Taking Patki)

Version 1.0

Download the scenario by clicking this link: s_CC-12 – Taking Ptaki

DoubleDeuce -> RE: SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Patki (4/15/2017 4:45:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Thanks for the scenario but anytime I try to get the StuG started it keeps saying out of movement points.

Hmm, it was working when I tested it, ran it right up the road into the middle of the village. Let me check it and upload another copy of needed.

DoubleDeuce -> RE: SCENARIO NAME: CC12 - Taking Patki (4/15/2017 6:09:25 AM)

Re-download and try that copy, should be fixed.

rico21 -> Task Force Smith *Korea* (4/19/2017 5:29:11 AM)

Task Force Smith
Near OSAN, SOUTH KOREA, 5 July 1950: On 25 June 1950, Communist North Korea invaded its southern neighbor. Nothing seemed
to stop the North Korean popular army, equipped by USSR and well led by numerous veterans of the WWII fights against the
Japanese. On the 30th, The Americans decided to send some troops and McArthur packed the Japan-based 30th Infantry
Division to South Korea. A preliminary detachment was assigned to slow the North Korean advance and to show US
determination. Led by Lieutenant-Colonel Smith, this task force was composed of two depleted companies supported with
some heavy mortars and recoilless guns. Some of the troops and officers had participated in WWII combat. The Task force
arrived in Pusan on July 1st. The refugee columns and the monsoon’s heavy rains hampered his progression to the front
line. One artillery battery joined them on the 4th. On the morning of the 6th, an armored column coming from the north
appeared... It was made up of 33 T34s that crossed the Americans positions without damage despite the defenders heavy
fire. American losses were light and the situation became quiet again around 0900. One hour later, a new column appeared
in the rain; 3 T34s, then trucks and infantrymen in a several kilometer wide column. This was the first fight of the cold war.

Korean : --> [- : American

Scenario Length: 8.5 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario ASL TAC 50 ]

UP844 -> RE: Task Force Smith *Korea* (4/19/2017 6:38:57 PM)

Custer's Last Stand, more or less... [:D]

rico21 -> Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/22/2017 1:26:05 PM)

Gallipoli
The Gallipoli Campaign, also known as the Dardanelles Campaign, the Battle of Gallipoli, or the Battle of Çanakkale
(Turkish: Çanakkale Savasi), was a campaign of the First World War that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula (Gelibolu
in modern Turkey) in the Ottoman Empire between 25 April 1915 and 9 January 1916. The peninsula forms the northern bank
of the Dardanelles, a strait that provided a sea route to the Russian Empire, one of the Allied powers during the war.
Intending to secure it, Russia's allies Britain and France launched a naval attack followed by an amphibious landing on
the peninsula, with the aim of capturing the Ottoman capital of Constantinople (modern Istanbul). The naval attack was
repelled and after eight months' fighting, with many casualties on both sides, the land campaign was abandoned and the
invasion force was withdrawn to Egypt.
The campaign was one of the greatest Ottoman victories during the war. In Turkey, it is regarded as a defining moment in
the nation's history: a final surge in the defence of the motherland as the Ottoman Empire crumbled. The struggle formed
the basis for the Turkish War of Independence and the declaration of the Republic of Turkey eight years later under
Mustafa Kemal (Kemal Atatürk), who first rose to prominence as a commander at Gallipoli. The campaign is often considered
as marking the birth of national consciousness in Australia and New Zealand and the date of the landing, 25 April, is
known as "Anzac Day", which is the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in those two
countries, surpassing Remembrance Day (Armistice Day).

ANZAC : --> [- : Turkish

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns - LOS (6Hexes)
Scenario designer: Miniatures'Men [ Gallipoli ]

fuselex -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/23/2017 4:31:32 PM)

Thanks Rico :)
A salute to all those who died .
Lest We Forget .

[image]local://upfiles/49575/35BD4F6CAE9947189EA830F206E903B8.jpg[/image]

fuselex -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/23/2017 5:52:48 PM)

FRED

Gallipoli is where a nation volunteered to fight for the King`s cause :).

The drought was pretty rough ,
The farming life was tough ,
Always hoping for rain ,
just to grow the grain.

Along comes a war ,
The government promise`s us more .

Over the sea`s I go ,
with my tin hat in tow,

I spend my time
shooting at the other line,
Do I care who I hit ?
No
I don`t give a $$$t .

Why am I here ?
I really have no idea .
The only reason I know
is Fred enlisted to go .

Lest We Forget

fuselex -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/23/2017 6:12:35 PM)

Aussies claim Gallipoli as the finest moment ,
But the turks didn't do to bad either .
Think I could go out on a limb and say the Turks /Aussies/ NZ , have formed a bit of a bond?

warspite1 -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/23/2017 6:30:50 PM)

The frustrating thing about Gallipoli was that it was actually a really sound idea and the chance of making a strategic breakthrough. Such a shame that it ended up as the same bloody shambles as the Western Front - except with more illness and less mud.....

As usual it was the poor troops, Australian, British, French, Indian, Newfoundlanders, New Zealanders and Turkish that paid the price.

Sad, pointless waste of life....much like the whole of WWI really....[:(]

Paullus -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/23/2017 6:53:36 PM)

True true

aspqrz02 -> RE: Gallipoli *ANZAC DAY* (4/24/2017 9:09:12 AM)

Indeed. Turkish ex-service personnel have marched in some ANZAC Day parades since the late 90's or early 00's here in Sydney ... some elements of the RSL didn't like the idea, but the majority allowed as how they were marching as allies (y'know, Korea and all that).

Even back in the day, during the fighting, the ANZACs came to respect Johnny Turk ... and the respect seems to have been mutual.

As Kemal Ataturk said ...

"The heroes who shed their blood and lost their lives on this country's soil! You are in the soil of a friendly country now. Therefore rest in peace. You are side by side with the little Mehmets. The mothers who send their sons to the war! Wipe your tears away. Your sons are in our bosom, are in peace and will be sleeping in peace comfortably. From now on, they have became our sons since they have lost their lives on this land."

... which is on the memorial at Gallipoli.

Pretty decent sort of guy by all accounts.

Phil

rico21 -> Breaking The Egg*Operation Bagration* (5/11/2017 4:31:32 PM)

Breaking The Egg
Operation Bagration was the codename for the Soviet 1944 Belorussian Strategic Offensive Operation, a military campaign
fought between 22 June and 19 August 1944 in Soviet Byelorussia in the Eastern Front of World War II. The Soviet Union
achieved a major victory by destroying the German Army Group Centre and completely rupturing the German front line.

Russian : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 16 Game Turns - LOS (9 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Combat Mission Barbarossa To Berlin ]

UP844 -> RE: Breaking The Egg*Operation Bagration* (5/14/2017 12:34:05 AM)

Just played "Breaking the Egg", getting two Major Victories.

Playing the Russian side is quite challenging: I barely managed to get a Major on the last turn (with huge losses). Playing the Germans, even without the extra AI units is somewhat easier.

A couple issues with Russian artillery: playing as the Russian, I got a single radio and two OBA (knowing Rico [:D], I suppose this is not a mistake). This is a minor point anyway, since I only got a single fire mission on Turn 3, which only raised a lot of dust after scattering. On Turn 4, I lost the OBA [:@]). The AI also got a single radio but fired only once [&:]. German (AI-only, i.e. GPS-guided) artillery, on the other hand, slaughtered 75% of my infantry and immobilised a ISU-152 in the first 3 turns [:@]).

rico21 -> Bir Hakeim*French Backup* (5/20/2017 5:37:51 AM)

Bir Hakeim
The Battle of Bir Hakeim took place at Bir Hakeim, an oasis in the Libyan desert south and west of Tobruk, during the
Battle of Gazala (26 May - 21 June 1942). The 1st Free French Brigade (Général de brigade Marie Pierre Koenig) defended
the position from 26 May - 11 June against much larger Axis forces of Panzerarmee Afrika (Generaloberst Erwin Rommel).
The Panzerarmee captured Tobruk ten days later but the delay imposed on the Axis offensive by the defence of the fortress
influenced the cancellation of Operation Herkules, the plan for an Axis invasion of Malta. Rommel continued to advance
and invaded Egypt, slowed by British delaying actions until the First Battle of El Alamein in July, where the Axis
advance was stopped. Both sides used the battle for propaganda, Winston Churchill renamed the Free French as the Fighting
French and Hitler called the French the second best fighters after the Germans.
P.S: Captain A** is Pierre Messmer, Prime Minister from 5 july 1972 to 27 may 1974.

German : --> [- : Free French

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns - LOS (14Hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Combat Mission Afrika Korps ]

UP844 -> RE: Bir Hakeim*French Backup* (5/20/2017 2:34:25 PM)

J'aime le soixante-quinze! [&o]

[image]local://upfiles/53779/1F276798D07D40C6BF698FC081D4C426.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI